Darkening Skies - OOC

Part of that is absolutely fair, as a failure on my part - Llorn hasn't been given enough to do with his backstory yet or stated motivation yet.  I'm planning to correct that going forward.  I should have done so already, but at least there's a good opportunity for it close at hand.

Still, I am sorry for being negligent in that regard.  I'll try not to let it happen again.

As for Llorn's lack of interaction with the other characters, let's see that change too.  I feel like Roland and Lenore should have a bit more interaction with him especially, maybe Colby too. Heresh maybe because she might be concerned by the man her cousin is getting so wrapped up in, but I also feel like maybe Heresh is not the kind of pry in that way.  

What do you think, @The Fuzz?  

Still, you're all in this togetherr.  Maybe the opportunity to talk this most recent incident over will help there. 

About 'being kept the dark' - that implies intentional obfuscation, which is absolutely not the case.  Frixz, Fuzz, Pixelwitch and Silvertongued play in other Crucible games and in some cases run them, and Fuzz has been closely involved with elements of the design.  The system had a major overhaul last year so it's reasonable to feel out of touch when I haven't asked for rolls in a while.

If you feel you don't fully grok it anymore or have questions, ask me.  Ask Fuzz, ask Silvertongued, and remember the last link in my sig is always a link to the current version of the core system. Llorn being a Magus, nothing he does is much outside those central rules. 

I acknowledge that you may feel left out, and I'm sorry for that, but I don't believe it was intended by anyone. 

I've not really been fully-functional since around this time last year, but while I'm lucid I should be able to fix any holes and improve the quality of the game in future.

Thank you for bringing these grievances to my attention.  Please, don't hesitate to do the same in future if you feel it necessary. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, shit. I'm sorry Hesperus, and in future I'll interact more with the good doctor's own line and development, and make certain to leave more hooks for Llorn to get involved in whatever Heresh might be doing.

Also, any time you want to talk about the magic system, that's cool! I'm happy to talk about it. It's just that we have had one or two campaigns in person, rolling actual dice, like cavemen. That gives us some references which might sound odd, and I apologise, but any time you want to chat about how some stuff works, well, that's what this thread is for.

[Also still having ridiculous difficulty just getting bloody goddamned notifications I mean what the hell. I just want the site to let me know whenever anyone posts in a game that I am playing in. Right now, I only get alerts when I am specifically tagged, and it's incredibly annoying.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's going to be a very careful war if the Olimak are even tangentially related. Because there's no kill quite like overkill.

Well, it's going to be a very careful war if the Olimak are even tangentially related. Because there's no kill quite like overkill.

It seems like the nobles of Puddlegum are not over-endowed  with brains. This shall be evidenced when the current malefactor's head is spread across the ground. 

Captain Hesperus

It seems like the nobles of Puddlegum are not over-endowed  with brains. This shall be evidenced when the current malefactor's head is spread across the ground. 

Captain Hesperus

The only thing I'm concerned about is whether or not the little shit was bluffing.  If he wasn't, if he genuinely believes that he can beat an Infernal, then he might have a surprise or two for us.

The only thing I'm concerned about is whether or not the little shit was bluffing.  If he wasn't, if he genuinely believes that he can beat an Infernal, then he might have a surprise or two for us.

I wouldn't put anything past him. If he has done away with his elder sister, or found some means to incapacitate her, he'd stop at nothing to deal with an upstart Stormmaiden from a disenfranchised family.

Captain Hesperus

See, the problem is that he doesn't have to restrain himself when dueling. He obviously doesn't care about the politcal fallout of what he's about to do. That, and lightning hurts like a motherfucker.

Which is why Urral wants a lightening rod installed in her armor. Grounded, insulated, channel out her halberd. All that jazz 

Urral doesn't carry much cash at all ever. Her money is usually just credit from her House. She'd happily let Colby put his symbol on her armor though. 

Hey guys, I found this cool picture of our crew in Puddleglum Spire!

12ic6x.jpg

For the record, I am drawing up Lenore's battle plans with regards to delegation once everyone meets up. Surprisingly little squashing is happening in them.

You guys can feel free to head down to the ship and meet up with Lenore.  I don't think any input from me is necessary for a little while. 

Users who are viewing this thread