Darkening Skies - OOC

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
Game discussion and general discussion go here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno why, but clicking on the Banner redirects to the Never Surender, Never Die game...

Captain Hesperus

Ok, so, how's the roster looking?

We have mad scientist engineer man whose genius will save the world or kill us all. (Fixes, builds, shoots, pilots. Can't sing. Can dance a little.)

We have beautiful lost nobleman's daughter in exile, dodging assassins like a boss. (Our social monster, perhaps?)

We have brave but naive electrokinetic cabin girl. (Clambers, climbs, bounces, and if it goes cracklecrackle she can pilot it, repair it, juryrig it or shoot it.)

Who else is up?

No, it's a reasonable assumption and one that I think would fit her. She would have been unable to wield any real power in her uncle's court and there's no way he would have ever allowed her to learn any kind of martial arts so all that would be left to her would be her words.

I was hoping to focus on social and mental stuff as well. Dryads are a bit less physically inclined than many races, but beyond that, between being both a dryad and a chronomancer, her tendency would be to observe things, then think and discuss her way through situations.

After all, there's a certain advantage among folk as frequently short-sighted as pirates can be, to be the one who takes the long view on things.

This may have been explained before and I somehow missed it, but why do Trolls cast out people with magic?

Because it cuts them off from the Cry. The Cry is metaphysical, religious, and biological all at once. Trolls with magic are sterile. That's an intense point of shame for troll culture.

each troll gives birth to another troll once, maybe twice in their lifetimes. A magic-using troll is the end of their line. It's like a sterile man in an ancestor worshiping culture.

EDIT: Or, if matrilineal, a barren woman.

Well put, Thief.

Now, before I go eat I'm just going to post the Spellbooks in the Fulcrum for quick reference, adjustment, and expansion.

I'll also be adding weapons after breakfast, and also a more detailed Map of the World and cultural info.

Um, I guess to contextualize what I was trying to say: if all Trolls of a single generation were magic users, Trollkind would subsequently go extinct.

VonRidel said:
Are there specific skills needed to enchant weapons?
No, just Logos 3. Though building the item from scratch enhances the process and requires the relevant skills.

Very well. Craft (Manatech) allows you to combine individually enchanted components to form a more complex device, rather than the simple but effective magic sword.

So, Heresh can't build her own stuff until Logos 3. At, say, Logos 2, could she use her Craft and Repair skills to modify and improve bits and pieces of manatech, sapphire in particular?

[QUOTE="The Fuzz]Ok, so, how's the roster looking?
We have mad scientist engineer man whose genius will save the world or kill us all. (Fixes, builds, shoots, pilots. Can't sing. Can dance a little.)

We have beautiful lost nobleman's daughter in exile, dodging assassins like a boss. (Our social monster, perhaps?)

We have brave but naive electrokinetic cabin girl. (Clambers, climbs, bounces, and if it goes cracklecrackle she can pilot it, repair it, juryrig it or shoot it.)

Who else is up?

[/QUOTE]
Missed this post earlier. Ywen is a bit of a social monster (though more emphasis on monster than social, given her sociopathy).

Our current setup:

Olimak Lenore will be arriving at Kaiden's Spire (which will be refluffed a bit from current entry, back to how it was), at the ground level.

Heresh Morrikin already lives and works at that Spire.

Mechan Ferrus will be tinkering obliviously away in his workshop on one of the ships.

Moran Shadowdance, I think, will be staying hidden among the Base population at the ground level. Up to Ehmygirl, but I think that's where she'd be, all things considered.

Meric King will probably be in the Spire looking to be hired.

Ywen may also be in the Spire seeking work or... other things.

Assuming Delling can't or no longer wishes to play, this is where we'll be beginning in the next couple of days.

Alright, folks. Ywen will hopefully be live by tomorrow. We have two new players joining, but I should be able to bring them up to speed quick enough.

The main thread will go up later today or tomorrow, please don't post in it until I've given you your opening. You'll all be in the same Spire, but different floors, rooms, etc. I'll contrive to link you together in a suitably adventurous fashion.

The first thread will serve to help people adjust to the system and setting in addition to getting the story rolling.

So Grey permitted me to be the last guy in and play! :D :D :D

Would it be correct to say you have no normal humans who are melee and/or ranged weapon experts?

Users who are viewing this thread