Darkening Skies - Characters

Noting for future reference.

Colby's Home address:-

Dumortier Stormspire

Northern Stormcircle

Base City, Paillard Street, No 450.

Mother Isabelle and Father Remus.

Siblings: Mortimer, Violet, Augustus, Obadiah, Hubert, Cheska.

(Morty, VV, Augy, Obi, Bert, Chessy)

Letter From Home

31st Stormtide YD 187

Dearest Heresh,

We're so proud of you! Well, your mother spent a while being angry (without doubting you, mind), of course, but we really are impressed at how you've made the most of a dangerous situation. We'd written you a previous letter, but your mother was also paranoid about Spire security; we ended up waiting until we had a better idea of what ports at which you could be reached.

I've put the pay packet you sent home into the bank, on a high-interest account. To be quite honest it's to ransom you back from pirates, if it ever comes up. On the topic of the Silverlight incident, that's where your mother is now - volunteered to support an Inquisitorial investigation. I'm afraid I can't share anything more.

I hope that you didn't bet or pay at that arena; you shouldn't encourage that kind of barbarism. Speaking of which, the statue is lovely and I've loaned it to the gallery on the fortieth floor. Ask the postmaster about protection, as there's a related package in secure storage for you.

Please, be careful among the Scions. It's great that you seem to be picking up Urd, but if they offer you something called Investiture, refuse. From your Captain's reputation, she should be quite proper about it.

Be very wary of the Lezek, though. She's a dangerous exile and Lezekim diplomats refuse to even talk about her. I don't know what she has done, but I hope your Captain is keeping you safe, keeping an eye on her.

I have contacted a Communer I know in a nearby Commune about Leviathans.

We love you, and we miss you.

Mama & Papa

Odd electromagnetic signature to the ink.

Hulbrad Adeline

Architect of Impossibility, Engineer of Infinity, Gardener of Improbability

• A woman of nearly a a full century of age, yet a body that doesn't seem to be affected by the ravages of time. Adeline lives in a personal bubble of her own subjective reality where things like logic, magic and objectivity all seem to disobey their most basic of laws.

Hair of a solid void, a darkness from whence no light escapes, it falls down to the floor and pools around her. Her eyes are opaline, the whites a rose pink. Her face extremely friendly yet somehow appearing both detached and involved at the same time. Full lips above a tightly chiseled jaw. Freckled cheeks give a distinct look.

Her body is soft and seems to be constantly smelling of exotic spice, akin to a holiday. She appears different at almost every angle, sometimes the skinniest obese Hulbrad, sometimes the fattest cachectic, sometimes the tallest of the short and at others the shortest of the massive.

Clad in long robes, she dons a cropped top, pale skin occasionally showing through. A pair of trousers, long enough to pool at her feet. She has a bad habit of nail biting and often will clap in delight. She smokes profusely and often arrives in a cloud of smoke that varies in scent with the time of year.

Last edited by a moderator:
WIP

A child elemental of enormous stature, steeltooth in origin. Earth and metal affinities. Specifically a Lionbrass Elemental.

Held by the Inquistion for harvesting and undergoing mental conditioning for assaults on Scion strongholds or Invested Spires.

60 attribute xp 3, 6, and 9

40 skill xp 2, 1, 2, 3, 6, 9

ATTRIBUTES

Strength 4

Dexterity 3

Fitness 5

Intellect

Intuition 2

Willpower 3

Bearing

Guile 1

Composure 2

SKILLS

Awareness 1

Athletics 4

Focus: Elemental Rage

Melee 4

Focus: Great Hammer

Defense 4

Focus: Brass Hide

Perform 2

Language 2 Tradestongue (2), Pirates Cant (2)

FAMILIARITY

Taken as a child and raised up as a tool within the secular ranks of the Inquisition, Strigs knows Inquisition life and understands the basics of their ways. As such, she gains a bonus to interacting with members of the Inquisition.

KNOWLEDGE

Strigs has killed quiet a few low ranking Magi and Illegal invested (Mostly Lybar and Olimak). The steeltooth has gained knowledge of how these people operate and how best to kill or not be killed by their kind.

TRAINING

Lionbrass is the primary attunement of Strigs. Her body infused with the abhorrent metal to infernal Scions and etched with runes pariah to magi. Trained to use these, Strigs gains bonuses in combat with them.

TRAINING

The possibility of Strigs being captured always exists. The Inquisition has realized this and proceeded to train her to resist both mental and physical torture techniques.

TRAINING

Strigs has been conditioned to withstand mental intrustion and battles of willpower. Interestingly enough, it hasn't been done through expanding her mind but by instead channeling a base spiritual rage of Imeria itself found inside the rebellious Elementals. Many foe seeking to confuse, disrupt, or instill something inside her mind have found it disconcertingly empty except the sweet smell of Imerian soil.

Wildervar

Attunements:

Primary - Metal

Secondary - Earth

Channels

WAR:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we possibly scale her back to her 60s or so? Stats all look fine, and I'll back to you about her Expressions and Advantages a bit later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back