• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Walliver

Two Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Okay, so basically, I have this vampire character that I haven’t played for a while and I’ve been wanting to test out a lot of lore and stuff. I quite enjoy complex and slightly dark writing, and given time I can churn out decent length posts (5-6 paragraphs, maybe 7 maximum), but I tend to match post length, so whatever you have the energy for, I can return!

Anyway, here’s a little writing sample from me, about the same character(s) I’m wanting to play:
"Mon fils, are you sure about attending school today?" Sasha paused, the comb stilled in the middle of his scalp. "You've been tense these past few days...skittish..." the dark-haired woman set down her comb, settling into the seat parallel to him. Parallel, never touching, oh so similar to one another. Never touching, never meeting, never knowing. "I know that....well, you're not a fan of new people. Contessa sensed the arrival of an outsider, something unfamiliar yet familiar. It could be trouble..." "I'll be fine, mère." tired blue eyes rose to meet worried cognac orbs. Maxence clasped both of her hands, the closest to an embrace that they would ever get. "It's not the first time a stranger has come to town, and it will not be the last. And I'm not tense...just tired." that needed no explanation. Immortality was a hard task. Him, Sasha, Contessa, Basilio, Gavriel, and Koleda struggled with it from time to time. Arguably, Contessa and Koleda struggled the most- one having the power of prophecy, the other of empathy, witnessing so much death and so much pain over the years.

The truth was, Maxence struggled too, more than he let on at times. But it was hard enough, having to avoid the Nightwitch coven, keep their true identities a secret, and somehow manage to keep the town from going into mass hysteria over animal carcasses drained of blood- Sasha and Basilio didn't need to worry about losing another son on top of that. He was certain if they were human, their hair would be such a shade of gray that it would appear white, their faces wrinkled beyond recognition; they worried far too much and rested far too little. They didn't need to worry about losing a son, not when his passing was still so fresh in their minds.

"I trust you, mon fils. But please call if you encounter any trouble." he saw her hand twitch, then settle back onto her lap. The craving to reach out and put a hand on his cheek, stroke his hair and comfort him, he saw it in her concerned gaze. If only he weren't so unusual, so broken from his time of living. Maybe then she'd be able to comfort him, to hold him as if he were a child again. But he hadn't been a child for many years, he couldn't be comforted by his mother anymore. Maxence mustered up a smile before leaving the room. Sasha's eyes burned holes in his back as he left.

School was exceedingly- and pointlessly- loud. That was why Koleda was homeschooled, why Gavriel wore noise-cancelling headphones in the halls and during lunchtime. Over three hundred heartbeats, pounding incessantly in their ears. Over three hundred voices, many of them shouting and laughing and just living. "I still don't understand humanity's obsession with making noise for the fun of it." Contessa groaned, pressing her fingers to her temple. Maxence only shrugged, waving a quick goodbye before heading to his class. His lovely, quiet class, where he sat alone and unbothered. Just sitting, researching, silent except for the occasional question to the pair behind him. If he was careful, he could put in one earbud without Dr. Kross noticing, which made class all the more bearable.

He heard her before he saw her, talking in quiet tones to Dr. Kross. The "unfamiliar yet familiar" that Contessa must have sensed. Her scent was vaguely familiar, similar to the town's law enforcement, yet with hints of salt and sunshine. It didn't matter. As long as she kept mostly to herself, gave her input on the research, and didn't try to make small talk, they'd be quite alright. And most people did tend to keep to themselves if they were forced to be around him or the others. They were regarded as a bit of a town oddity- "strange that such a diverse family would settle in such a backwater town, dontcha think?"- and people kept their distance.

He gave a halfhearted glance when she set her bag down on the table before returning to his work.

Anyway, comment if you’re interested! Oh, btw, I’m available a lot more this week but I can usually churn out 1-2 lengthy posts a week, maybe 4 or more short posts in the same amount of time! Alright, see ya!

What kind of plot did you have in mind?
maybe a slice of life-ish route where the vampires are adapting to modern life, or something more complex about supernatural conflicts and vampire hunters. nothing solid yet

hey there! I’d be very interested in this :) but I know this is a dealbreaker for many ppl so I’ll let you know I’m a minor. If you feel uncomfortable roleplaying with me let me know and I totally understand. I am alright with any age, gender etc

hey there! I’d be very interested in this :) but I know this is a dealbreaker for many ppl so I’ll let you know I’m a minor. If you feel uncomfortable roleplaying with me let me know and I totally understand. I am alright with any age, gender etc
no problemo friend, same deal here! I’m good with any age, gender, etc. as well. DM me and we can work out the details!

Bump!
Craving slice of life or something adventure/horror-ish!

Potentially interested in this! Want to set up a PM thread to discuss specifics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back