• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dark Star Circus

Sanctuaryforall1

Pyrrha Nikos Lives On

• Welcome!

This world is a strange and wonderful place. Magic is all around us yet the humans are too afraid to see it and thus they only look for it in the most peculiar of places. They are drawn to us like moths to a flame and we perform in order to survive. We bring magic and wonder into their lives in a way that keeps us from ever being truly seen by them, in a way that makes us invisible. We are the Dark Star Circus. This family of myths and monsters survives in a world that would never accept us by sticking together and making our magic an act. Those who hunt us struggle to see us past the wave of disbelievers but our magic is stronger than ever and as our family grows so too does our power bloom. Together we survive, together we thrive, and it is together that we will live to see a new tomorrow in a world that wishes us dead.

Plot:
    Our characters are members of The Dark Star Circus and Fairgrounds, a group of mythical beings who disguise themselves as a traveling circus group in order to survive. This thread follows their day to day lives, struggles, and dangers as they are hunted and still going through with performances in order to keep their existence undercover in plain sight. The group is lead by the witch Kenna Alaura who has used her magic to give them human passing forms and to quell their most primal instincts but she can only protect them so much from themselves and others. Will hunters descend on the gathered monsters? Will they fall apart from the inside out? What treachery lies within?

Rules:
    1. Please listen to the thread owner. Whether it be asking you to change something or enforcing a rule, my word is final and I would appreciate it if you didn't fight me.
    2. Please do not attempt to claim a magical creature already being used unless given special permission by the rper who has claimed it! Duplicates are only acceptable if approved by both the original rper and the thread owner!
    3. You may have as many characters as you like so long as genders are kept even and you can handle the amount of characters you decide to have. If you slack with posts I will require characters to be removed from the rp!
    4. Keep Powers/Abilities reasonably leveled. Be sure to give it some sort of weakness. Myths and monsters always have a weakness and they will have them in this thread. NO ONE is immune to everything.
    5. Please keep face claims realistic and respectful. I understand using art to show the magic form of characters but ALL characters have a human form in order to be apart of the circus.
    6. Any large plots or minor plots that have to do with the larger plot must be run past me. Small personal plots that have little to do with the larger plot can stay between rpers.
    7. This will be an advanced RP so please be sure to write at least 3 paragraphs per character.
    8. As we want to keep this thread alive, you'll be expected to post at least every 2 weeks. If you haven't posted in that time, we will have to kick you.
    9. We are looking to have characters be in their 20s and 30s, so like young adults. Mythical creatures can of course be waaaaaay older in age but their face claims should be younger in order to give off the effect the circus would desire to present.
    10. If I feel uncomfortable with a power, situation, creature, or ability and ask you to change it, please do so without arguing.
    11. Please follow all RPN rules. No discrimination of any kind will be tolerated.
    12. More rules will be added as needed.

List of Taken Creatures:
    Witch
    Jorogumo
    Kitsune
    Dragon
    Werewolf
    Angel
    Mermaid (Siren)
    Chimera
    Leviathan
    Phoenix
    Alicorn
    Cerberus
    Kraken
    Basilisk
    Pixie
    Lamia
    Banshee
    Sphynx
    vampire
    Gorgon
    Satyr/faun
    Phantom
    Crossroads demon
    Reaper
    Celestial
    Jinn
    Slime
    Elf
    Church Grim
    Sylph
    Valkyrie
    Griffon

Jobs (More Can Be Added if Suggested):
    Head of House 1/1: Kenna
    Ring Leader 1/1: Evelynn
    Security 3/Unlimited: Ronan, Chiltook, Enzo, Open
    Tapeze Artists 2/2: Shayla, Lucius
    Tightrope Walkers 3/3: Seranna, Yuri, Hyacinth
    Animal Tamers 1/2: Catlyn, Open
    Medics 1/Unlimited: Lysander, Open
    Strong Man 1/1: Michael
    Strong Man Assistant 0/1: Open
    Singers 1/2: Tamzin, Open
    Clowns 1/Unlimited: Moira, Open
    Eating Act 1/1: Dorian
    Fortune Telling 1/1: Kenna
    Human Cannonball 1/1: Clover
    Human Cannonball Assistant 0/1: Open
    Face Painters 3/5: Ansel, Oliver, Cyrus, Open
    Fire Performer 1/1: Brandish
    Fire Performer Assistant 0/1: Open
    Knife Thrower 1/1: Draven
    Knife Thrower Assistant 1/1: Signe
    Ride Operators 1/Unlimited: Milo, Open
    Maintenance Workers 1/Unlimited: Dakota, Open
    Contortionist 2/2: Amarantha, Riley
    Magician 1/1: Sakari
    Magician Assitant 0/1: Open
    Jugglers 0/6: Open
    Mime 0/3: Open
    Kissing Booth 0/2: Open
    Light Show Operators 2/2: Reagan, Atlas
    Stilt Walker 1/3: Zackariah, Open
    Setup/Set Design Crew 1/Unlimited: Aleiga, Open

Note: More roles can be added. Just talk to me first about the act or job and what it will entail and I will decide if it is viable and how many slots I will have available for it.

Links:
    RP: Coming Soon!
    Discord: Here!

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

Last edited:
Y'know I've always wanted to play as a Yara Ma Yha Who. Maybe a red frogman would be fitting to be the fire performer's assistant and secretly plot to eat and replace the Eating Act guy

What is a red frogman?
Yara Ma Yha Who are described as "resembling a little red frog-like man with a very big head, a large mouth with no teeth and suckers on the ends of its hands and feet."
They swallow people alive, drain them of some blood, and spit them out shorter than before. Repeated swallowings will turn a person into a yara ma yha who

Yara Ma Yha Who are described as "resembling a little red frog-like man with a very big head, a large mouth with no teeth and suckers on the ends of its hands and feet."
They swallow people alive, drain them of some blood, and spit them out shorter than before. Repeated swallowings will turn a person into a yara ma yha who
A frog man is more than welcome! They will be required to have a human form just so you know! Also one of the main rules in the rp for the members of the Dark Star Circus is that no violence can be done from members upon other members and that they must protect each other at all costs. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back