Video Games Dark Souls 2

Wolf Rawrrr

Wolf-Knight
Supporter
Dark-Souls-2-Logo1.jpg

A thread for all of the local members who happen to be traversing Drangleic. Times are grim; The world is a perilous place teeming with dark things. It is dangerous to go alone. Fortunately, you don't have to ;)

Members are invited to share their characters here in as much detail as they like, but the most basic info would be your Name, Soul Level, and Soul Memory. Given that, we can see about arranging jolly cooperation for bosses and area sweeps alike, or maybe even duels.

Please keep this thread as spoiler-free as possible. Not everyone has completed the game yet.

You can use this calculator to see your summon range - people outside won't be able to see your summon sign. Some items can widen this normally narrow range. Your Soul Memory is displayed in the top right corner of the character status menu, and is in fact a total sum of all souls you have gathered so far.

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Summon Range Calculator

For example, let's say you are at 100 000 Soul Memory. By default, you can only be matched with players between 90 000 and 110 000 Soul Memory. Using the White Sign Soapstone increases this range to about 50 000 - 130 000, while using a White Sign Soapstone plus the Name-Engraved Ring (make sure both players chose the same divinity) can spread that out to 20 000 - 210 000.

Also make sure to un-restrict the region lock in the game options.

Like I said you can include any info that you feel might be good to know. I'll go first:

Platform: PC (add me on Steam: renarionarenimon)

Name: Wolf Rawrrr

Soul Level: >163

Soul Memory: ~ 3 000 000

Details: Playing a Knight using shield & sword with some moderate archery included. ;) *woof*

Last edited by a moderator:
You might also want to include which platform your on *nodnod*

Like, for instance, my character on xbawkes is somewhere over 200 SL with some stupidly high soul memory...but on PC I am going to exist soon.

Also, more than likely going for a strength to strength/faith build. Dual-wielders ain't got nothin' on my two-handed greatsword. Or maybe pyromancy again. I've had a lot of fun with flame swathe after luring someone into a tight area.

Ooooh, and wrath of god. I got so many people by doing it who rushed me thinking I was healing. Then, suddenly, explosion of ridiculous damage.

HURRY UP STEAM SALE

Edit to include stuff:

Platform: PC

Soul Level: 53

Soul Memory: 160,000 (Roughly)

Current Area: Pushing into Lost Bastille, Luna Belfry and Huntsman's Copse

Platform: Xbawkes

Soul Level: 200+ something

Soul Memory: Millions and millions

Current Area: NG++ (Bonfire Aesthetic'd so technically NG+++) Drangleic Castle - Mirror Knight

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Summon Range Calculator[/URL]

For example, let's say you are at 100 000 Soul Memory. By default, you can only be matched with players between 90 000 and 110 000 Soul Memory. Using the White Sign Soapstone increases this range to about 50 000 - 130 000, while using a White Sign Soapstone plus the Name-Engraved Ring (make sure both players chose the same divinity) can spread that out to 20 000 - 210 000.

Also make sure to un-restrict the region lock in the game options.

Like I said you can include any info that you feel might be good to know. I'll go first:

Platform: PC

Name: Wolf Rawrrr

Soul Level: >120

Soul Memory: >1 200 000

Details: Playing a Knight using shield & sword with some moderate archery included. ;) *woof*
I had fun playing with you.

I too will be in if it drops below half price. But not likely before - I've got a buttload of good stuff this sale to the point I likely won't buy anything else.

Grey said:
I too will be in if it drops below half price. But not likely before - I've got a buttload of good stuff this sale to the point I likely won't buy anything else.
See to it that it drops, then. I would relish the chance to help you annihilate some bosses *howl*

I would just like to update my info. I am now at 3 million soul memory. Can barely find anyone to play with anymore :/

I'm so hoping it drops to 50% or even more. That'll get me to buy it in a heartbeat!

[QUOTE="Wolf Rawrrr]I would just like to update my info. I am now at 3 million soul memory. Can barely find anyone to play with anymore :/

[/QUOTE]
Ouch O.o really? Worrisome.

The only option might bew newgameplus

Iow: INVASIONS, INVASIONS EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME

Well I just cleared the game - and I overreacted, I did find plenty of online interaction. I guess it was the wrong time of the day earlier, or something. Final boss (es) far easier than expected. Gwyn would have pwned the lot of us on his own xD

This game is different than the first. Nicer graphics, smoother gameplay, I like the new mechanics and all, multiplayer very lively and there's no shortage of good, honorable folk. However the first game's story just touched me alot more. Especially Gwyn/Artorias related stuff. It somehow feels more epic. Perhaps it's just me.

Not that anything's wrong with the second game. Loved it. I've already made a new character, a young sorceress with whom I shall be taking my sweet time with *howl* :P

I know how ya feel. Although combat felt...tighter I think in DS1. It felt like the hit boxes weren't quite as accurate as in the first one...but that might just be perception failure on my part O___o

Otherwise I enjoyed the story/world more of DS1, but I had a lot of fun in DS2 and have no regrets buying both games twice @_@ ...I'll probably get the DLC twice too.

Hey just to let anyone interested know - and it seems there are fewer of those than I thought - my first character is now on NG+ so I'm cut off from the first time players, but am currently playing a new character who is a Sorceress at about lvl 70 and just 300k soul memory or so. And she's lonely :3 *bark*

p.s. Her name's Niara

Users who are viewing this thread

Back