• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ๐ƒ๐€๐‘๐Š ๐‘๐„๐ƒโ€” ๐‘Ž ๐‘ฃ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘”๐‘’ ๐ป๐‘œ๐‘™๐‘™๐‘ฆ๐‘ค๐‘œ๐‘œ๐‘‘ ๐‘š๐‘ฆ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ

forest fire

๐—Ž๐—‡๐—๐–บ๐—‰๐—‰๐—’ ๐–บ๐–ผ๐–ผ๐—‚๐–ฝ๐–พ๐—‡๐—
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• news

smooth criminal

michael jackson

headlines.

L
    A terrible tragedy befell the Universal Studios Hollywood set early this evening.

Lucille Joyโ€”the former queen of pinup turned model and major motion picture actressโ€”was found dead in her trailer by her manager at approximately four fifteen in the afternoon. Although the Los Angeles Police Department has yet to make an official statement about the crime, witnesses to the scene speculate that she was murdered.

โ€œWe heard Joy's manager screaming at the top of his lungs,โ€ said a witness who wishes to remain anonymous. โ€œA few of us went to calm him down and see what was going on, and her trailer was a mess. I mean, there was blood everywhereโ€”the walls, the ceiling, everywhere you looked.โ€

When asked about Joy's recent mental health and substance abuse history, the witness elaborated: โ€œNo. There was no way she could have done this to herself. Itโ€™s not possible, from what I saw.โ€

Joy recently celebrated two months of sobriety in a rehabilitation center in Malibu, California. She checked herself in voluntarily to avoid criminal charges after assaulting her landlord while under the influence of narcotics in July.

โ€”

This evening was the premier of
    Bombshell, a highly anticipated spy-drama film, starring Joy in her first ever main role. Many of Hollywoodโ€™s biggest namesโ€”other A list actors and models, athletes, and socialitesโ€”were walking the red carpet while Joy's managerial staff was dialing 9-1-1.

After Joy did not appear for her scheduled photographs with the
    Bombshell cast, the event was promptly cancelled. Universal Studios quickly erupted into panic and chaos as rumors of a gunman circulated and paparazzi and celebrities alike fled the scene.

โ€œIt was absolute madness,โ€ another anonymous witness told our sources. โ€œPeople running everywhere, screaming, police. We were all terrified, no one knew what was going on.โ€

One of our sources spoke to an LAPD officer about the scene. โ€œOur biggest concern at the moment is the integrity of the crime scene,โ€ he explained in an early partial statement. โ€œWe worry that valuable evidence may have been compromised as people fled.โ€ He goes on to credit evidence technicians and other officers for their efforts in preserving what remains and speaking to potential witnesses.

โ€”

The legacy of Joy's life began to unfold during her life; her iconic hair, makeup, and fashion tastes inspired the style of a generation. Her tremendous personality and spirit is palpable in each photoshoot, and made her a captivating and memorable supporting role. Her firstโ€”and lastโ€”starring role is highly anticipated by critics and heartbroken fans alike.

Joy leaves behind her beloved daughter, husband, both her parents, and dozens and dozens of friends.

The year is 1979. Welcome to the New Old Hollywood: grittier, modernized, equally timeless versions of the classic actors and plots of the 1940โ€™s and 50โ€™s. If youโ€™re a fan of the movies, you couldnโ€™t have picked a better decade to land.

The Academy Awards have celebrated a series of instant classic films in the last couple of years: The Godfather (and Part II two years later), The Exorcist, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Jaws, Rocky, Star Wars, and Apocalypse Now. Robert De Niro, Jack Nicholson, Al Pacino, Jane Fonda, Warren Beatty, Laurence Olivier, Cicely Tysonโ€”timeless talents just hitting their peaksโ€”were gracing the screen with award-winning performances year after year.

Lucille "Lucy" Joy had just started settling into this high class community of actors at the time of her death. Although she wasnโ€™t a household name at this point in her career, she had just about the same notoriety and popularity as one: Joy made her early fortune as one of the nationโ€™s most successful pinup models. After becoming a Playmate, and then a more conventional model, she was introduced into the cinema. Her screen presence was tremendous and compelling right away, quickly earning her two Oscar nominations for Best Supporting Actress. Bombshell, an upcoming spy-drama film, was to be her first starring role.

Joy was, obviously, a popular, polarizing and controversial figure in Hollywood. Her personaโ€”relentlessly progressive, independent, and strong-willedโ€”combined with her extensive career in adult media made her an early sex symbol. Joy's presence in star-studded movie lineups inspired public discourse, both positive and negative, on feminism and sexuality. Her mental health, which has progressively (and at times, dramatically) declined over the course of her career, and substance abuse further complicate her perception.

The manner of Lucille Joy's death was quickly confirmed to be homicide, but the cause of her death remains to be determined. The seemingly perfect storm of her rise to fame, background and connections, mental health, and substance abuse opens a universe of possibilities to explore: crazy fans, ex and current lovers, drug dealers and enablers, other actor, model, and celebrity friends, political and industry connectionsโ€ฆ

All of which attended the Bombshell premiere the night of Joy's murder. This complicated, tense, political social network involves quite a bit of immoral, if not illegal, activity. And when everyone seems more than a little bit guilty? Well, itโ€™s every man for himself.

news

sins

rules

dark red

an 80's hollywood murder mystery

genre

crime, mystery, drama, suspense

status

interest check

spots open

7 (out of 9)

lore

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

Last edited:
๐Ÿ‘๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ i am looking respectfully

UGH i'm so upset that i don't have the time to join this rp, but i just wanted to say this is such a sexy sexy idea; i hope it goes well! < 3

ohoho ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€

HOLD UP! life really tried to stop me from seeing this sexy idea.

a few lil questions. is it implied that one of the players/roles are responsible for the death of lucille or is it more of an npc that will be controlled by the gms?

also im curious - how do y'all intend on having the characters interact? I may be getting ahead of myself but will the characters be forced to work together or is it more open-ended/open-world and the characters will more be bumping into each other as the case progresses?

a few lil questions. is it implied that one of the players/roles are responsible for the death of lucille or is it more of an npc that will be controlled by the gms?

also im curious - how do y'all intend on having the characters interact? I may be getting ahead of myself but will the characters be forced to work together or is it more open-ended/open-world and the characters will more be bumping into each other as the case progresses?
hey! itโ€™s not just implied that one of the players/roles are responsible for lucilleโ€™s deathโ€”itโ€™s confirmed! in the character sheet youโ€™ll be required to say why your character may look particularly guiltyโ€”melo and i will select, at random, one of your characters to be the murderer. you all have equal chance of being a killer, so dont try and have your character be a saint among men.

this is going to be a true, clue-style murder mystery! youโ€™ll all need to prove to us why youโ€™re not the murdererโ€”via interrogation, press conferences, etc! please donโ€™t hesitate to ask anymore questions kiskis

iโ€™d love to see just a little more interest so we can get a cs up and running !! donโ€™t be shyโ€”weโ€™re super swag & wanna have a good time.

hi all!! sorry for the bit of radio silence.

melo and i are so jazzed about all the interestโ€”keep your peepers peeled for a cs thread later tonight!

tagging everyone who either left a comment or expressed interest!
birth of venus birth of venus erzulie erzulie aeneas. aeneas. sublimed sublimed idiot idiot kashbambi kashbambi GhastlySquash GhastlySquash zippy zippy kaninchen kaninchen Tempestus Tempestus Athens Athens Sistros Sistros deer deer Kovacs Kovacs

thank you all so much for your interest in our idea and roleplay! we're both so excited to see what characters you will all bring to the table and how this mystery is going to work itself out.

you can access the character application page and the out of character discussion page here.
the current application due date is set for saturday, november 20th at 9pm eastern standard time. if you anticipate yourself needing an extension for whatever reason, please contact either one of us as far in advance as you're able to.

don't be shy if you're interested! come and chat/create with us - there's plenty of time until the deadline!

hi all!!! weโ€™re still accepting with time to apply! weโ€™d love to see some more placeholders and applications go up :3

birth of venus birth of venus erzulie erzulie aeneas. aeneas. sublimed sublimed idiot idiot kashbambi kashbambi GhastlySquash GhastlySquash zippy zippy kaninchen kaninchen Tempestus Tempestus Athens Athens Sistros Sistros deer deer Kovacs Kovacs sidiayyur sidiayyur
hey all!! would it be to your benefit to provide a slight extension on the character sheets? melo and i would like to make sure as many people can get their applications up as possible, and iโ€™m sure itโ€™s hectic with thanksgiving in the us and finals looming. please just let us know!
i personally would not mind if that would be more convenient convenient to others !

birth of venus birth of venus erzulie erzulie aeneas. aeneas. sublimed sublimed idiot idiot kashbambi kashbambi GhastlySquash GhastlySquash zippy zippy kaninchen kaninchen Tempestus Tempestus Athens Athens Sistros Sistros deer deer Kovacs Kovacs sidiayyur sidiayyur
hey all!! would it be to your benefit to provide a slight extension on the character sheets? melo and i would like to make sure as many people can get their applications up as possible, and iโ€™m sure itโ€™s hectic with thanksgiving in the us and finals looming. please just let us know!
ahhh a slight extension would be much appreciated if everyone else is alright with it !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back