• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dark magical girl rp (better name pending)

Mollberg

Demon King of the Sixth Heaven
TLDR: Magical girls fights a proxy war for weird animal-looking alien creatures.

Synopsis: One day when absent mindedly going about your business, you come across a weird looking creature that seemingly no-one else notices (no matter how much you potentially try). It looks a bit like an animal only a bit oddly coloured.

You can immediately tell that's something is off about this creature. It's oddly clean, there's not a speck of dirt on it's fur even if the area around it is full of grime and trash. It's shadow is also a bit weird, appearing as if it's placement has no real connection to any nearby light sources.

And then it starts talking. It talks about how you're special. How everyone else has always been against you, jealous of you, beneath you. And how you're gonna show them all.

The creature keeps talking, not giving you the chance to respond to anything it says. It starts promising things. It promises power, wealth, fame, that that cute boy you like will finally start paying attention to you, everything you've ever dreamed and more thereto.

And all you have to do in return is a small favour.

You see, this creature isn't the only one around making this offer. There's plenty more around this town, each trying to convice other people just like you to do their bidding.

The problem, however, is that most of the other creatures are evil. They don't want to recruit people to protect and help others, they want to recruit people to murder innocents, steal candy from babies, jaywalk and commit other equally evil acts.

So it's up to you to take and protect your community together with the few other good magical girls. It's a win-win situation right? You're helping those around you and getting all you ever wanted.

So what do you say...?

Plot: Ok, I get that above blurb might not be super clear so I'll clarify the plot a bit.

In short, one day you're approached by a weird animal-looking creature that offers to make you a magical girl in return for you essentially waging war against all the other magical girl that said creature is quick to assure you are all very evil. In return promising to pretty much give you whatever you want.

To help you in the undertaking of your endeavour, said creature also helpfully points you towards a group of magical girls that aren't evil and as such can serve as potential allies.

However, it quickly becomes clear that not everything is as black and white as it seems and the creatures handing out all these powers seems to know a hell-of-alot more than they're letting on.

Setting: Modern-ish day America.

Gender Restrictions: This question tends to pop-up whenever I run a magical girl roleplay so I'll answer it right away. There is no gender restrictions on your characters. You can play a magical girl, a magical boy or magical non-binary person if you wish.

Tempted bc I love magical girls 🥺

What are the limits for girls? Are we like PreCure where we mostly get super strength and a finisher spell? Are we like Madoka where we get a specific power and weapon combo? Like that.

Tempted bc I love magical girls 🥺

What are the limits for girls? Are we like PreCure where we mostly get super strength and a finisher spell? Are we like Madoka where we get a specific power and weapon combo? Like that.
I'd say closer to Madoka (I think, I've never really watched it tbh).

What I had in mind was that character magical girl form essentially lets them embody a concept and gain various powers relevant to that specific concept.

For example, one idea for character I have is a magical girl whose concept is "oni". So she'll have a couple of powers based on the myths surrounding the oni, like getting a massive boost in strength and speed whenever she's wielding a kanabō.

Another character idea I toyed with was a magical girl with the concept is like the "mad scientist" trope. So she might have the power to use her magic to power various inventions she builds and the ability to temporarily strengthen said inventions by laughing manically.

I know it sounds a bit vauge so feel free to ask me to clarify if I need too.

This sounds potentially very cool! I'd love to play a morally grey magical girl, maybe based off of a yokai. I'm extremely excited to see what others come up with as well c:

I'm intrigued. Looks like you have a lot of people though. You taking volunteers for monster-of-the-week duties?

Alright, that's plenty of interest. I'll start setting up the rp.

I'm gonna close this thread for now so things don't spiral out of control.

I'm intrigued. Looks like you have a lot of people though. You taking volunteers for monster-of-the-week duties?
Yeah, I am.

Yeah, I am.

I can help here too, with Monster of the Week.

Last edited:
Kukukuku. This is where the mayhem begins, by breaking past the limits of human definitions~

Haven’t been in any RP for a while, but this sure sounds intriguing. Hope I’m not too late.

Yeah, I am.
I recognise that I'm late, and if you need a patsy to fill up for lost manpower or someone to do monster of the week rubbish, through one way or another, I'll leave my number here.

Im suprised this is getting alot of rpers

Tried making a magical girl/boy school a year back but it never started

Users who are viewing this thread

Back