• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dark Forest Academy - Always Open

Loraenys

The First of Her Name

j6Wejzk.png
What if I told you that the fairy tales you were told as a child and the creatures in them, were true? Deep in the heart of a dark forest an academy for magical youth resides. The academy has been teaching these youths for thousands of years with each year yielding more and more students. The academy does not discriminate and welcomes all of magic decent.

Currently the school is ran by Head Mistress Morgana Thorne who has been in charge of the school for over eight hundred years. She is what is called a Great Witch, she has lived for a little over a thousand years without growing old, and only gaining strength through her magic as the years go on. She is a mentor and teacher to all her students and likes to get to know each one on a personal level.

At Dark Forest Academy you may carve out your own path, and be whomever you wish to be. Mini plots will come and go but ultimately you guide your fate. Will you become the greatest of your kind or shape the world for the generations to come? A life of magic awaits you behind the doors of Dark Forest Academy.

Rules
1) Follow all of RPN's Rules
2) Give room for replies, try to post at least a paragraph per post.
3) Have Fun

_f2u__candles_by_ghost_echo-dadz42w.png

| navigation |
| character sign ups | classes | the dorms |
| professors | the ooc | the recruitment board | discord |

Last edited:

Welcome Students
It is now nearing the end of summer and students are all getting ready for the new school year. New students are arriving, old students are returning, and the school is in a buzz as they prepare for the new year. While new students swarm to the school all times of the year, the beginning of a school year always seem to excite everyone.

The students who stay year round are all happy to see their friends return and the chances for new friendships, or even rivalries. While the teachers are preparing their curriculum for the year, with high hopes for it to be better than the last like always.

It is currently a sunny summer day, outside the castle there are many things to do. Such as adventuring into the forest, or swimming in the lake, or visiting the dragons in the mountains. Their are breaks in the forest that make room for beautiful flower filled fields, and a waterfall and river connecting the mountain to the lake. The is a field to the east of the castle that is used for all kinds of sports and dueling.

Once you enter into the castle you will be greeted by a vast common area that is anything but common. The ceilings soar into the heavens, and hallways branch off into other parts of the castle. There is the library on the east side of the academy, the mess hall to the north of the common room, the auditorium to the northwest, and to the west there is the stairs and hallways leading to classroom upon classrooms.

Secret Daughter of the Sleeping God
Cy Angell, or Cthylla, was breathing in and out shakily. She was finally here, at Dark Forest Academy. She clutched her books close to her chest. Right now, she was wearing a white t shirt and a blue denim skirt, and was going barefoot. She had no clue what she should actually do, though. Perhaps she could first check out the library? "Yeah, yeah, that makes sense," she mused. She need to learn about these humans, and avoiding her father's cult was not an easy task.

Taking a deep breath, and tucking her tentacles in her hair carefully, Cy set off to the library. She would read up on human history, and any number of subjects which might interest her. She would just have to see what.

As a Great Old One, she sensed the power of this place, and frankly, she wasn't sure what to make of it. More importantly, what would it make of her?

Prince of the Beasts
"CANNONBALL!"

With a cry, Adam jumped off the waterfall, feeling the air rush over his naked form before he fucked himself in, hitting the water at full speed. He opens his eyes, takes in the sight before him, the beauty of the lake, before surfacing, laughing aloud as he swam to shore to get his stuff. Once he was ashore, he shook himself off, his ears and tail twitching, before getting dressed in his animal skin shorts, made from a buck. Ah, this was good.

But he had to check out this academy. Who knows what awaited him? Hopefully, it would be fun.

Bethany made her way onto the grounds, dressed in a long, black cloak. She embraced the dark, power-mad witch stereotype, even if it wasn't quite true in her case. A dragon soared high overhead, filling her with wonder. Not even a year ago, if someone had told her dragons existed, she'd have called them nuts. My, how things can change.

"Also, do not remove your wristband", the man in the blue suit reminded him after giving Timothy directions to the academy.

"Why?", Timothy asked.

"Well, that device limits the mana flow from your body which halts the activation of your curse since it's activation cost requires-", he stopped for a second and chuckled, remembering that he's talking to a mortal with no idea that magic exists up to this day. "Basically, it keeps you from generating electricity".

"Then how am I supposed to use magic?", he protested.

"That's what you're about to learn in the academy", the man said as he picked up his hat and his briefcase. "You'll figure it out, don't worry. Now remember: follow the map that I gave you, do not remove your wristband and do not tell anyone that you're cursed"

Just as the man was about to walk out the door, Timothy called his attention. "Wait!", he yelled. The man stopped walking and faced timothy. "Why can't I tell anyone I'm cursed? How can they fix me if they don't know what's wrong"

"Oh, they can't fix you.", the man explained. "Well, right now atleast. With today's magical advancements, your curse is still considered uncurable so telling them would be pointless. Besides, the curse you have is considered an omen for an upcomming disaster in some cultures so if you don't want to be an outcast to them then..."

Timothy sighed. "Well that sucks. Oh, but thank you for saving me mister...um, can I ask your name?"

The man in the blue suit smiled, his hat covering his eyes. "Of course. I am-"
________________________________________________________________________-

Carrying a small bag containing the essentials the man gave him (some clothes, a few textbooks, and the papers required), and with the map in hand, Timothy found the academy. It was hidden deep inside the heart of the forest. No wonder it's called Dark Forest Academy, he thought to himself. He wakes from a coma, destroys a military facility, and finds a secret magic academy deep inside a forest. All in the span of one week. Before entering it's large gates, Timothy looked back on the path he's taken. Knowing that going back would endanger his family, he realized that he will probably never see them again.

"Ehem"

The guard standing watch in front of the gate cleared his throat, signaling him to enter. Timothy enters the academy.

Last edited:
Bethany made her way onto the grounds, dressed in a long, black cloak. She embraced the dark, power-mad witch stereotype, even if it wasn't quite true in her case. A dragon soared high overhead, filling her with wonder. Not even a year ago, if someone had told her dragons existed, she'd have called them nuts. My, how things can change.
Prince of the Beasts
Adam was running through the forests, sprinting and hollering, a smile plastered across his face. As he came closer, he jumped, vaulting so high he was able to grab onto a tree branch, swing around it, and then land back onto the ground without a hitch. As he kept sprinting, however, he saw a girl in a black cloak. Smirking, he sprinted even faster now, he howled, and then jumped with all his strength, vaulting over her and onto the school grounds, before landing with his back to her, which she probably had trouble seeing due to the fact he had such a massive mane of brown hair. He turned, gave her a quick smirk and a wink, and then bolted, laughing even more, tail wagging behind him.

The Trouble With Names
|| Fae Nocturne ||
173d5251c0d30a63cf509603378ef495-d9q3z0i.png

'Chrysanthemum, Lilac, Lavender, Lily, Rose, Acacia, Zinna, Iris, Hazel, Lotus, Zinna, Camella, Aster?…. Oh, Petunia!? Why are there so many baby names available! I could swear I've been through hundreds of books on this and I can still only get it down to flower names. Why did I have to- If only I could ask Feyra about this, she always knows what to do and!- No, I have to be strong. I promised myself I wasn't going to rely on her so much, she has her own life and I have mine I can't keep weighing her down like this, I have to be more independent, for both of our sakes.' Fae thought as they walked towards the towering castle before them, it certainly was a sight to behold and something that she had been looking forward to for months now, her excitement was practically bubbling out of her but her mind couldn't help but linger on more 'unusual' matters.

'I mean, it's so unfair I've had to wear sweaters all of summer so they wouldn't know and I feel horrible~…. I take back whatever I said about the cure, morning sickness is way worse.' Her pale lips let out a small and withheld sigh, her eyes closing briefly before reopening and their bewitching cat-like green iris caught rays of sun and seemed to sparkle like the stars themselves.

As they continued and almost subconsciously her one of her hands slowly reached towards her stomach, fingers stretching out as though her fingertips awaited the soft and gently fabric of her seemingly unnecessary sweater in such warmth, longing to touch the otherwise noticeable bump of her stomach before her face flushed a light pink briefly and her hand pulled quickly away, clenching into a fist before relaxing once again by her side, it had only been but a few seconds in reality, but to her that quick moment ad seemed as long as a lifetime.

Realising she'd probably missed most of, if not all of what her twin sister was saying she placed her attention back on the conversation at hand, "O-Oh? Huh?…. Yeah, sounds-…. great." She mumbled in a quiet voice, trying to act as though she'd been paying attention the entire time and a cheerful smile forced onto her face without too much effort, after all these years she'd gotten quite good at faking a warm smile no matter the situation. She'd been spacing out far too much lately, it was really starting to become an issue.

Of Fire And Heart
|| Ryu Hato ||
d9341cb8cb182f9dbd7f31a7bec74c1f--fantasy-art-warrior-fantasy-karakterek.jpg

Ryu was lurking about like usual, already within the hall and watching quietly form the sidelines as the new and old students alike began to pile in, one after another like sheep they entered and the smug little smirk that lay tightly over her sharpened teeth never faded form her face, hood covering most, if not all of her facial features in a dark shadow and yet her steel grey eyes cut through it like daggers so as to watch the crowds, she was leaning against a wall in the far corner of the room, hands in pockets and one leg bent causing her foot to be pressed up against it, a few of her flame red locks sneaking out from her cover and laying just over her shoulder. She was the type of person who could slam a door in a silent room and nobody would notice, but at the same time her prescience gave off a sense of uneasiness to anyone who noticed, an aura of power that felt so ancient that it belonged at the beginning of the earth itself.

"Seems that the academy's going to be 'entertaining' this year, I guess I'll stick around~…." She whispered under her breath in an almost hissing tone.

Rila Fathford
Rila patted Zetra's neck as she rode up to the entrance of the new school. "Well Zetra this is it..." She leaned against his neck not wanting to get off his back and face a bunch of people and creatures that weren't dragons. She shook her head jumping off, she smacked her cheeks and smiled. "Alright time to go out and make some friends." Zetra nuzzled her side, "You'll do just fine...Ri..." His deep soothing voice filled her mind and she relaxed, "I know but still it's the first day of school nervousness. Also I've only ever went to school with dragons or other dragon tamer witches."

He chuckled in her mind which came out a a growling cough to anyone who passed them,
"This will be a great chance for you to expand your view of the world. You should feel privileged most Dragon Trainer Witches don't ever leave those grounds." Rila nodded, "You are right my friend this really is an awesome chance for me. Maybe when I get back I can talk to the elder and he will expand the places we can go to." Rila stood talk and walked forwards into the castle like school building. She glanced around the sound of Zetra's front clawed feet and back hooved feet making odd echo sounds as they walked along.

Launet Serfa
She sighed as she walked through the forest leading to the school. She really did not want to have to deal with people again. Although she had to admit the first year wasn't to bad, she was safe at least. "But....new students...what if one of them happens to know me and wants to kill me..." She stopped walking biting her lip, she glared up at the sun. "First day back and the sun is bright as can be...is this a bad omen for me..."

She turned glancing behind her, "Maybe I should skip the first day..." She shook her head, "No they are rather strict...if I skip they'll kick me out for sure then we're would you be Lu..." She groaned run and hand through her hair. "School and new people it is...." She continued walking only to stop as she watched a girl with pink hair jump off a white dragonish thing and head in. "Great...she looks cheery...and definitely new."

The Trouble With Names
|| Fae Nocturne ||
View attachment 330458

'Chrysanthemum, Lilac, Lavender, Lily, Rose, Acacia, Zinna, Iris, Hazel, Lotus, Zinna, Camella, Aster?…. Oh, Petunia!? Why are there so many baby names available! I could swear I've been through hundreds of books on this and I can still only get it down to flower names. Why did I have to- If only I could ask Feyra about this, she always knows what to do and!- No, I have to be strong. I promised myself I wasn't going to rely on her so much, she has her own life and I have mine I can't keep weighing her down like this, I have to be more independent, for both of our sakes.' Fae thought as they walked towards the towering castle before them, it certainly was a sight to behold and something that she had been looking forward to for months now, her excitement was practically bubbling out of her but her mind couldn't help but linger on more 'unusual' matters.

'I mean, it's so unfair I've had to wear sweaters all of summer so they wouldn't know and I feel horrible~…. I take back whatever I said about the cure, morning sickness is way worse.' Her pale lips let out a small and withheld sigh, her eyes closing briefly before reopening and their bewitching cat-like green iris caught rays of sun and seemed to sparkle like the stars themselves.

As they continued and almost subconsciously her one of her hands slowly reached towards her stomach, fingers stretching out as though her fingertips awaited the soft and gently fabric of her seemingly unnecessary sweater in such warmth, longing to touch the otherwise noticeable bump of her stomach before her face flushed a light pink briefly and her hand pulled quickly away, clenching into a fist before relaxing once again by her side, it had only been but a few seconds in reality, but to her that quick moment ad seemed as long as a lifetime.

Realising she'd probably missed most of, if not all of what her twin sister was saying she placed her attention back on the conversation at hand, "O-Oh? Huh?…. Yeah, sounds-…. great." She mumbled in a quiet voice, trying to act as though she'd been paying attention the entire time and a cheerful smile forced onto her face without too much effort, after all these years she'd gotten quite good at faking a warm smile no matter the situation. She'd been spacing out far too much lately, it was really starting to become an issue.

Of Fire And Heart
|| Ryu Hato ||
View attachment 330461

Ryu was lurking about like usual, already within the hall and watching quietly form the sidelines as the new and old students alike began to pile in, one after another like sheep they entered and the smug little smirk that lay tightly over her sharpened teeth never faded form her face, hood covering most, if not all of her facial features in a dark shadow and yet her steel grey eyes cut through it like daggers so as to watch the crowds, she was leaning against a wall in the far corner of the room, hands in pockets and one leg bent causing her foot to be pressed up against it, a few of her flame red locks sneaking out from her cover and laying just over her shoulder. She was the type of person who could slam a door in a silent room and nobody would notice, but at the same time her prescience gave off a sense of uneasiness to anyone who noticed, an aura of power that felt so ancient that it belonged at the beginning of the earth itself.

"Seems that the academy's going to be 'entertaining' this year, I guess I'll stick around~…." She whispered under her breath in an almost hissing tone.
Secret Daughter
Cthylla felt.... something here. Her senses felt something, a presence which was very good at hiding. It felt old....very old..... nervously, she began looking around, biting her lip as her tentacles slithered about on her head, uneasy. She tried to stay calm, and sit through this first before going to the library, but it was hard to do so. Instead, she just looked for somewhere to sit, out of sight. "Keep it together," she murmured quietly to herself.

Rila Fathford
Rila patted Zetra's neck as she rode up to the entrance of the new school. "Well Zetra this is it..." She leaned against his neck not wanting to get off his back and face a bunch of people and creatures that weren't dragons. She shook her head jumping off, she smacked her cheeks and smiled. "Alright time to go out and make some friends." Zetra nuzzled her side, "You'll do just fine...Ri..." His deep soothing voice filled her mind and she relaxed, "I know but still it's the first day of school nervousness. Also I've only ever went to school with dragons or other dragon tamer witches."

He chuckled in her mind which came out a a growling cough to anyone who passed them,
"This will be a great chance for you to expand your view of the world. You should feel privileged most Dragon Trainer Witches don't ever leave those grounds." Rila nodded, "You are right my friend this really is an awesome chance for me. Maybe when I get back I can talk to the elder and he will expand the places we can go to." Rila stood talk and walked forwards into the castle like school building. She glanced around the sound of Zetra's front clawed feet and back hooved feet making odd echo sounds as they walked along.

Launet Serfa
She sighed as she walked through the forest leading to the school. She really did not want to have to deal with people again. Although she had to admit the first year wasn't to bad, she was safe at least. "But....new students...what if one of them happens to know me and wants to kill me..." She stopped walking biting her lip, she glared up at the sun. "First day back and the sun is bright as can be...is this a bad omen for me..."

She turned glancing behind her, "Maybe I should skip the first day..." She shook her head, "No they are rather strict...if I skip they'll kick me out for sure then we're would you be Lu..." She groaned run and hand through her hair. "School and new people it is...." She continued walking only to stop as she watched a girl with pink hair jump off a white dragonish thing and head in. "Great...she looks cheery...and definitely new."
Prince of Beasts
Adam paused, smelling something new. He sniffed the air a few times, closing his eyes as he turned. He had stopped just in front of the doorway entrance. As he kept sniffing, his attention turned to....what kind of horse was that? He raised an eyebrow, suddenly curious. First day of school, and already, he could see something new.

Did- did he have a tail? Is he some sort of werewolf or something? Bethany's mind blurred a little bit at the suddenness of the boy's appearance and subsequent running off, but she ran after him, shouting, "Wait up a little! Don't just run off like that!"

By the time she caught up with him, he had managed to run up to another girl, one with a strange sort of pet. It looked like someone had taken the front half of a dragon and stuck it on the back end of a horse. "H-hello there," she said with a trace of nerves. "That's a beautiful animal you've got there. What is it?"

Prince of Beasts
Adam paused, smelling something new. He sniffed the air a few times, closing his eyes as he turned. He had stopped just in front of the doorway entrance. As he kept sniffing, his attention turned to....what kind of horse was that? He raised an eyebrow, suddenly curious. First day of school, and already, he could see something new.

Rila Fathford
Zetra stopped walking as he felt someone's eyes on him. He turned which made Rila curious and turn to look as well, she saw a very wild looking man with long hair and wolfish ears. She smiled and waved at him unsure if he was friendly or not. She heard what he had said thanks to her mind me with Zetra, "He's a longma!!!" She called to the man, "It's a horse dragon mix so you got part of it right!!!" Zetra shook his head slightly, "And this is why your parents say you are too nice..." He thought to her before turning and walking again.

Rila went to smack Zetra only to swing at the air,
"Hey get back here!!!" She whined a bit scared to be left on her own still. She glanced behind her wondering what the man was. She was new to the whole new creatures thing. Sure she had read up on them but it was nothing compared to actually meeting one face to face. Everyone knew that, or at least she thought they should.

(Night I'll respond sometime at work if I get the chance)

ERYN SILVER
tumblr_m9qc3egysW1r90k20.gif

Mood: UNKNOWN
With: UNKNOWN
Tagging: UNKNOWN

tumblr_obpcwcHUGW1vcc2dgo1_540.gif

Ming was still pissed. Who, realistically, would ask for puny fire magic from the devil!? If Ming traded her soul, it would be for something much better. Ah well, there as really no point in being angry any more. The girl walked through the familiar forest that lead to the Academy she had graduated from once of twice. In front of her was a pretty girl with pink hair and a flowing dress.
Definitely a Dragon Trainer, Ming looked at the dragon next to the girl.
Her face darkened a bit. She remembered being one of the first dragon tamers. But that was many, many years ago. Ming could see more people as she began entering the castle. Ah, the castle. Ho long has it been? 80 something years? Her eyes ran over this one girl who shined of very conflicting magic energies... There was a pale young woman with beautiful green eyes... some others that I'm too lazy to look up on the CS Page... As Ming walked closer and closer and closer to the groups of people, she felt more and more uneasy. The amount of magic she was feeling was overwhelming. Her head was throbbing. Suddenly, a huge wave hit her. Ming looked around for the new source magic... and she almost stopped completely. Was that... Yes that had to be... Her hair... her eyes... that powerful magical feeling....
"Ryu?" Ming whispered.
No, but Ryu as different. Of course she would be different. Ming hadn't seen her in hundreds of years. She definitely would've changed. Should she talk to her? Ryu wouldn't recognize her. Did she want to talk to Ryu again?
Of course you do! A voice screamed in her head. Ming shook her head and tried to wander as far as she could from the people while staying in the general area. Her head really hurt.

Bio Format By: Honeybees

Rila Fathford
Zetra stopped walking as he felt someone's eyes on him. He turned which made Rila curious and turn to look as well, she saw a very wild looking man with long hair and wolfish ears. She smiled and waved at him unsure if he was friendly or not. She heard what he had said thanks to her mind me with Zetra, "He's a longma!!!" She called to the man, "It's a horse dragon mix so you got part of it right!!!" Zetra shook his head slightly, "And this is why your parents say you are too nice..." He thought to her before turning and walking again.

Rila went to smack Zetra only to swing at the air,
"Hey get back here!!!" She whined a bit scared to be left on her own still. She glanced behind her wondering what the man was. She was new to the whole new creatures thing. Sure she had read up on them but it was nothing compared to actually meeting one face to face. Everyone knew that, or at least she thought they should.

(Night I'll respond sometime at work if I get the chance)
Did- did he have a tail? Is he some sort of werewolf or something? Bethany's mind blurred a little bit at the suddenness of the boy's appearance and subsequent running off, but she ran after him, shouting, "Wait up a little! Don't just run off like that!"

By the time she caught up with him, he had managed to run up to another girl, one with a strange sort of pet. It looked like someone had taken the front half of a dragon and stuck it on the back end of a horse. "H-hello there," she said with a trace of nerves. "That's a beautiful animal you've got there. What is it?"
Prince of Beasts
Smiling, Adam came over, very interested. "Sorry for staring, but I have literally never met one of these before. Ever. In my whole life," he smiled a bit sheepishly, rubbing his mane. "What's his name?" His father probably had no dominion over this creature, or the rest of its kind. Otherwise, he would know what it was.

He started a bit when he heard Bethany, well, he didn't know her name, but when he heard her, he did noticeably jump, and turned around, before settling back into his usual grinning self. "Oh hey, I remember you! I jumped over you! What's your name?" Yeah, he very much wasn't caring about the dragon horse thing now.

Feyra sighed when she noticed her twin wasn't listening to her, "You could at least pretend like you care that I maybe just met the love of my life." She sighed wistfully, even though it was a lie. The boy had simply just looked nice with an okay personality. She didn't really care for him though, and she had told the poor boy before she had left that it wouldn't amount to anything more than just simple flirting. She was too preoccupied with other things, such as what color her hair was going to be that week, what clothing would look best for the look she was going for that day, and then how often she was going to be cooped up in the library buried beneath mountains of books for studies. And she didn't think she could stop trying to help her sister. Especially when she was acting so weird, and it definitely wasn't the curse. She had checked her hand often enough to know.

The Great Witch smoothed her high waisted, layered skirt that ended at her knees. She watched the castle growing closer, her dark, almost purple hair that was put up in a pony tail swayed with each step she took, "Are you nervous?" She asked her twin, locking arms with her, "This is definitely a change.. You know?" She murmured, still worried.
~

Zain had always been the quiet one of the two. And that's how they both liked it. The demon just walked silently beside his adopted brother who smiled and rambled on and on and on. That's how their relationship went. Evanth didn't expect his adopted brother to respond, so he filled the silence for both of them. And Zain, he couldn't really converse anyways. He would always say something that someone wouldn't get, or had to use their brain to actually understand in the end. So he walked, stars glittering in his lilac eyes and dripping off of his pale white strands of hair. Just how they both lived. "So I told them I didn't care about their spat with Mother Nature, they needed to stop digging holes in our glade like dogs." Evanth huffed, running his fingers through his white strands that had pink and red threaded through it.

"Canines would even have the sense to not turn the earth in that clearing, Evanth.." Zain murmured, his voice almost cold, but it was just quiet and emotions couldn't quite break the surface. Evanth nodded in exasperation, "I know!" He gasped, rolling his pink colored eyes. The castle was coming into view, and the sight was spectacular for both of them. Evanth looked up at his brother and smiled, "We are almost there." He purred, gripping Zain's hand in his as they rushed forward.
~

Anya was ready to be at school. As she shouldered past the different students, she shouldered her bags, letting out a soft sigh. She had always felt at home in the stacks of books and the classrooms of the castle. It was her home. The sun glittered against her bright red hair as she shifted, pushing her thick glasses up her freckled nose. She was just glad to be away from her family. They had all hounded her for the months that she was home, hoping for some kind of miracle she couldn't present them. And she was happy to be away from her magnificent twin, though she did love him more than anything. He was too much for her to live up to for what her parents wanted. And she didn't really fancy that kind of pressure. Now. Tests, quizzes, and twenty page essays. Those were a different story.

Cosmos Cosmos

{Making a simple "Intro" post before i begin interactions! want to acknowledge things before i begin, hope its alright!}

"From the grey stone darken city
To the green pastures of dark wood that are pretty
I walk without constrains and as such..
I wish to reach the heavens to touch!
Freely i can- KITTY!"

Well there he goes again...Not far from the castle entrance, the gates resided close and guard stood high and serious with none to disturb there seriousness, except Mark who would many new would see him as "Crazy". The Young man chased a black cat towards the gate grasping it in his arms and hugging it rather tightly as the feline itself dint even bother, its look just seem uninterested in the happening. One of the guards stared at Mark and just sigh only to say silently under his breath "Every year...". Opening the gate, The young Mark would walk through with the feline in between his hands and with a smile as always shadowing his face.
"The creature captured in my grasp
Poor poor kitty
such little pity
and none witty!"

He slowly walked looking around at new faces that entered the academy, some odd yet interesting other common but numerous, many new and old traveled far and wide to come here and such, This academy was like none other, admired by all. He was more than exited to once again be in the academy and yet more so to admire more knowledge and maybe even the appreciation of many with art. He looked around and rather sang softly of the people he saw, his eyes jumping from person to person, each keeping him speaking.
"Large mane in brown,strong and none to feeble
Charging through the land, unstoppable, that is agreeable!
A Witch like many others, she walks the earth without a shutter
Many crafts and magic will rise from the inner slumber
Odd lady...with the squid as a head, not seen by me before
Wonder what this new year will bring through these doors
A horse- zebra? um, its very unclear
Scaled to the brim with two legs of a deer
Weird yet to cheer!"

Mark finished his "Masterpiece" letting go of the feline as it hissed at him and stood on to legs and replied "Pick me up again...i will kill you" It said as it walked away as he licking his paw...that cat could talk?...Mark stood confused looking at the cat as it walked away, well now that was awkward even to his standards. Shacking his head he would begin to walk the crowd inside the the large doors leading to the massive hall, it was a great feeling to finally see the overwhelming structure once again. Smile like always he saw the squid lady once again! as well..oh dear..Ryu. Mark always felt the lingering piercing glare of her, even if she dint seem like no attention would be given, you are wrong...But even so, he knew she was not some "ARGH I CAST FIST!" type, yes she was a strong and honorable woman, but such, it made her a admirable student. Its just...the glare...it always catch him, was odd, like steel blades flaying flesh. As he was inside he saw the wolf man again as well! not far the white scaled zebra and the new witch! Oh and Eryn, he has seen her before but oddly not taking classes till now,the old rise and the new come. Mark was clearly happy to see many here and overall the new faces. There was a group already forming of what seem the new comers...he was still wondering about that Zebra....i mean dint have stripes but still, zebra, no question.
Reaching in to his satchel, looking inside searching for his paper that said- oh wait it was not a paper, for SOME reason he got a large,solid,stone SLATE! Yes a slate! he was not sure if this was some joke or something...but all his classes and dorm assignment where written on a slate. As far he could tell...he just hope this was not some recognition from him breaking the window last year...but why a slate? Meh! At least he felt rather unique around everyone else, you had those weak papers? HA! he had a slate! he could slap your face with it! he should make a poem about getting this slate...​

There it was, the Dark Forest Academy; it stood high and mighty and always intimidated Joanne a little whenever she saw it, but this was her second year and she'd gotten used to the school and everything that goes on within it. As she approached the entrance she saw a lot of different people going about their business or entering the school and she sighed. "I guess it's time to meet some people or something." She turned to see a girl in the crowd who looked to be conflicted about something and turned away, deciding to avoid trouble for a bit. Joanne wandered around the crowd of people, still taking in the school and everyone in and around it. Her head hurt a little as she began thinking about somewhere she could go to clear her head.

Frantically looking around, she started to feel slightly hungry, and remembered that she had neglected her hunger for a while. While not urgent, Joanne decided she should probably find some blood to drink to keep the hunger at bay. She decided that she still could stick it out for a good while before it was of any concern to her or the people around her. Joanne spotted a group of students gawking at some sort of creature that looked like a horse and chuckled a little, still amazed at all the things this school showed her in her time there. "I guess this is gonna be another interesting year."

grasshopper.regular.png

Yvette had returned for the fourth year in a row, keeping her same dormitory and everything. She needed to only bring fresh toiletries and clothes, which were still from many, many years ago. Times as a half elven princess should not be forgotten! She smiled as she walked up the old, beaten path up to her academy, curious because of all the changes that had been made. Then again, Headmistress Morgana was a fickle woman, nice, but fickle.

There were dragon people, dark elves, and as she walked, Yvette could sense some vampirism. She tended to steer clear of vampires, and of course, demons. She was always told they brought trouble. The sun felt warm across her back as the new school year began, illuminating her path as she entered the ancient building. Yvette remembered her first year here, and how frightened she was, but she laughed to herself. She was in one of her final years here! Of all the things to be scared of in her life, she was scared of school instead of the executions her father had ordered for, the orc attacks, the many sieges of their castle, all while she was under the age of 7. That was 113 years ago, and this was nothing. All while reminiscing in her memories, Yvette wasn't watching where she was going, and bumped into a girl. She felt four arms, so maybe it was two, but she could sense a third presence.

When Yvette looked up, she was staring at a black haired girl and a white haired girl, who looked like she was glowing. Yvette, not being one for boundaries when it came to healing, reached out a hand to caress the girl's face, then pressed a hand to her stomach. "Hello, I seem to sense that you are for one, with child, two, under some sort of illness, and three, that you are need in of care. May I be of service?" She said, her cheeks and her ears turning a light pink.
HolyMacaroons HolyMacaroons Cosmos Cosmos

Circe was hovering over the castle on top of her broomstick surveying the school that she has forever called home. She could see for miles, as the busy school thrived below her. She swooped down into a nose dive to the front of the school, with a quick motion of her hand, the massive double doors flew open for her to travel through them. She flew into the room at max speed, swirling above the students that occupied the common room below.

She loved this place, there wasn't a place in the world she would rather be than here with her sisters and mother. This was her home, and she planned to live out her days here. Weather as a future professor once she refined her craft, or truly the deepest desire of her heart was for her mother to leave the school to her when she is called to join the Great Clave with her grandmother Allegra.

But.. that was just a silly dream...

She was the fourth born. Surely her older sisters would have the title before she did. But a witch can dream.

While deep into daydream, Circe hadn't realized her broom becoming wildly hard to control. She was doing a swan dive straight into another student. She tried to pull up and gain control again but it was no use.

SMACK

She collided into a girl with fiery red hair and a smug look that was glued to her face. They slid across the room as they collided, and they ended on the other side of the massive common room. Circe quickly gathered her wits and dusted herself off and helped the other girl up, weather she needed Circe's help or not.

"I am so deeply sorry. I lost control of my broom! Please tell me you're alright." she said to the girl with her deepest apologies. She felt like a fool, but it wasn't the first time to students at DFA had seen her crash, it was almost a regular occurrence around here.

tags: Cosmos Cosmos

Secret Daughter of the Sleeping God
Cy yelped quietly. Someone had noticed her, and put her in a poem of some kind, oh dear Gods, why her, why now, in the name of Azathoth, why couldn't she be just a normal human girl, why couldn't she be dead, maybe, she should just curl up in a ball and hope no one notices her again?

"Yeah, that works," she mused, and pretty much did just that.

And then she saw a Great Witch collide with someone off to the side, the person who had been hiding. Oh dear, she hoped neither was hurt badly.

Ugox9ND.png

Mood: Serene
Mention: N\A

The study of human is a fascinating topic that Li Yuan sincerely enjoyed learning. Living among the mortals taught Li Yuan one thing: There are consequences to having such a short life. Everyone he once knew either passed away or died from an accident. But all that matters to him is that these human take the best out of everything for living such a short life. The million dollar question in Li Yuan's state of mind is: How does one appreciate life? From fighting in the war in the Nine Heavens to having small conversations here and there with villagers, Li Yuan can only understand so much as an immortal. The Americans that Li Yuan decided to follow gave him a new aspect of life. The diversity and melting pot that harmonized many different kinds of people in the same town brought riches and trouble to life. Children carelessly played together, building a simple relationship with everyone while adults closed in on people that they once knew, confining one's self away from what they would call friends and family. Li Yuan for once knew that the mortal world wasn't the best, and it was quite different from the world of his. Up in the Nine Heavens, children were taught to be courteous and attentive to the elders, comprising tasks such as errands and taking charge of the elders while the older ones continued to learn about their past and capabilities.

Li Yuan knew one thing for sure though after living in the American grounds: they're far too different from the immortals. And that was what it took for Li Yuan to spring off to find something else to learn. Whether it was a skill or a different culture, Li Yuan wanted to learn. The Dark Forest Academy was one that he wanted to follow next. One of his intentions was to learn more about himself. He wanted to identify what he was capable of as an immortal himself. The male's interest began developing in onto himself, discovering about what he could and couldn't do at the academy, and now the school was starting again. The birds whistled a pleasant melody that echoed through the forest. Their high pitched noises babbled among other herds of birds above the prickly trees. Li Yuan relaxed on a large boulder, closing his eyes as he meditated through the calm tranquil environment surrounding him. With an emptied mind, the sound of the river ran through his mind, falling into a peaceful state of mind. The young male took a deep breath, gently exhaling as he opened his mind. "It seems that it's about time that we should head to school." Li Yuan stood up from the boulder, brushing off any excess dirt. Appreciating mother nature, Li Yuan took a stroll along the forest path and towards the academy gates.

An Unusual Encounter And Secrets Exposed
|| Fae Nocturne ||
173d5251c0d30a63cf509603378ef495-d9q3z0i.png

Fae blinked a few times at her sisters next comment, "L-Love of your life?~…." She mumbled back in an extremely confused tone, it wasn't unusual for her sister to ramble on about such strange things but the comment was certainly unexpected to say the least, brushing it off as yet another one of her silly jokes she let a small giggle escape her now genuinely smiling lips, covering her mouth with one hand as she did so as if trying to be polite. Her arm then got whisked away from such an area as Feyra locked arms with her, questioning wether or not the girl with hair as wide as freshly fallen snow was nervous about the upcoming school year and then added the fact of it being a change, she could agree with the comment on more than one level, that was for sure, "Y-Yeah, I guess you could say that?" She turned in a modest tone, the light pink colour fading from her pale cheeks and her muscles finally seeming to relax, maybe this wasn't going to be so bad after all- I mean she had feyra hear and it-

Her thoughts were immediately cut off however as they were suddenly bumped into by an eleven looking girl causing the two twins linked arms to brake apart, she'd heard many stories of such people but never met one in person, her looks were truely fascinating, and she would have mentioned them as such is it weren't for the girl very abruptly reaching a hand towards her cheek before changing direction and instead placing one on her belly. An action which caused the only just calmed girl to turn beetroot red from head to neck, her embarrassment only made worse when she continued with her next line of speech, "Hello, I seem to sense that you are for one, with child, two, under some sort of illness, and three, that you are need in of care. May I be of service?" Fav's mouth opened and closed like a goldfish for a few moments as her body tensed up, "I-I…. Y-You, ah- w-wha? Er-….." Her words fumbled together into a messy and sporadic stutter and the only movement she could think of doing was pushing the girls hand off of her mid region as quickly as possible, "You must be mistaken! I-I'm not, I mean how could I be? Oh! You s-aid ill? It's just a curse I have on me, don't worry about it!~" She quickly changed the subject, hoping the females quiet tone of speech would've made her otherwise distracted sister miss the first few words, and even if she did Fae wasn't the type of girl her twin would ever suspect of being such a thing, not dumb, just- defiantly not one to believe something so absurd.
An Unusual Encounter And Secrets Exposed

Of Dragons And Broomsticks
|| Ryu Hato ||
d9341cb8cb182f9dbd7f31a7bec74c1f--fantasy-art-warrior-fantasy-karakterek.jpg

Ryu was continuing in her observations of the students when she was rather suddenly interrupted by being quite literally knocked into and slid across the floor of the common room, her hood falling from her head and she slapped the girls hand away as it was offered in assistance of her getting up. Normally the proud and battle-ready girl would've never been taken out by such an obvious attack but her attention had been somewhat drawn away by a strange presence within the room, something almost…. familiar. Brushing that thought as she stood tall and unmarked form the collision, even in human form her skin was near as tough as dragon scales themselves, her eyes slit into a predatory glare as she saw who the person was, Circe.

A low growl escaped her throat at the sight, the girl was known for her crashes and as much as she'd like to say otherwise this wasn't the first time she'd been involved in one of the females 'emergency landings' she took a step closer and pointed a finger at the girl, "You…. How many times have I told you to watch where you're going girl!? Only dragons and other beasts granted with the gift of flight should be able to soar the sky's, otherwise incidents like that happen!" She hissed in a quiet voice, hoping not to bring too much attention to them after the crash already drew so much in, She then let out a sigh and rubbed the back of her head in a manner as though trying to calm down, "Look, I'll forget about this- again. Just try not ta' crash into ME next time? I get that I'm good looking and all but at least aim for one of the trolls or something~…." She continued, waving a hand in dismissal of the subject.

Of Dragons And Broomsticks

Feyra blinked at the girl that had stumbled towards them. And she didn't really know what to say when the elf said something along the lines of her twin being pregnant. Fae? Pregnant? The thought was almost enough to make her laugh! Until... it fell into place. Feyra's eyes narrowed a bit, the ocean blue orbs shooting to her sister. The 'mysterious sickness'. The weight gain she had mentioned, and got slapped for. The constant mood swings and her inability to ever have a caught breath. It was like a puzzle had been opened to the great witch. "Fae?.." She asked, a groomed eyebrow raised. Suddenly, the cropped, colorful top that was basically a splatter of colors and shapes that ended halfway between her chest and her high waisted skirt was becoming a little too tight. But she had been raised to handle stressful situations. This wasn't anything she couldn't handle. She hoped.

"Explain." Feyra murmured, a soft command in her voice. She always knew when to take charge. And when her sister was about to bolt. And she could see it. The panic. The desperation to avoid the topic. But she wouldn't let her run. Not now.

Zain and Evanth had stopped somewhere around that war zone. Neither could really tell the conversation that was happening, but. Meh. They had different issues they needed to attend to. Like where their dorm would be, or how Evanth was going to explain to his mom that he had misplaced one of his bags that held some of his books. It was chaos. Their mother would literally kill him.

Cosmos Cosmos Starchan Starchan

Timothy is technically turned into a living electricity generator, but he is having a hard time believing that the huge thing that landed inside the school premises is a dragon. In fact, he's having trouble believing everything around here is real. People with tails, flying brooms, people with sharp ears. It's like he's in a set of some sort of fantasy movie. Calm down, he thought to himself. This is what normal looks like now. You have to get used to this. To calm himself, he decided to look for the dormitories. It is at that time when he realized he's never been to and doesn't know how dormitories work. Do I need to talk to someone first? Do I just walk up to a room and poof, it's mine? Where is it anyway? What do I do, what do I do?

Timothy decided to ask someone. "Excuse me!", he asked the girl with white hair. "Yes, sorry. But I was wondering where the-OH GOD YOUR HEAD!", he suddenly yelled when he noticed the large thing protruding from her forehead thinking that it was jammed there forcibly. "Wait...", upon closer inspection, he realizes that it's just a horn. Timothy's face turned red. The man in the blue suit told him that in some cultures, it was incredibly offensive to comment on another species' horns, tails, or anything protruding from their bodies. Oh god, he panicked, She must think I'm a racist!

"I'm sorry-I didn't-um-I mean... uhh- It was just-erm- stuck and-uh-dormitories and umm..", he mumbled and was no longer making sense as he panicked.

BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Of Dragons and Broomsticks
The young witch drew back her hand with a frown as it was smacked. Her eyes widened as she had almost like flash back as she looked into the girls raging eyes. Unfortunately this wasn't the first time Circe had plowed over the girl. Her eyes narrowed as the girl insulted her ability to fly, huffing with the thought. Her grandmother and her sisters had crafted the beasts she spoke of from the fires of volcanoes and she thought she could tell her, the great (and clumsy) Circe Thorne that she didn't have the right to fly!

She crossed her arms, she was clearly flustered after being so insulted. She was so naive, and hot headed, she took a page out of her twin sisters book and resulted to insults. The rudest one she could think of in fact, especially after she had been the one to knock the dragon girl down. Circe would soon come to regret her stray tongue.

"If only my grandmother had left you to slither on your stomach rather than give you wings when she created your kind, you pompous serpent!" she hissed with her hands on her hips staring into the eyes of her insulter.

tags: Cosmos Cosmos

An Unexpected Sign Of Peace
|| Ryu Hato ||
1fd34730e326df5862c0228bf9c2ed0d--dragon-kiss-pet-dragon.jpg

Ryu's tongue flickered in her mouth like a snake about to strike at the girls words, a hand raising as if going to slap her but a sudden tight feeling within her chest told her to do otherwise, her eye's momentarily dilating like that of a reptile before returning to their human form, she closed them and rubbed her face with one hand before simply turning away and shoving them back in her pockets after adjusting her hood over her face, "It's- not a big deal, don't worry about it witch." She mumbled in reply, beginning to walk off, the beast had tried to grab hold of her, she had to remember to keep her temper down, why did she get so flustered by that girl? Maybe it was because she reminded her of- no, this wasn't the time to reminisce about such things, there were more important places to be, books to be read. She stayed within the common room for a few more minuets before heading towards the library, finding a comfy place tucked away in a corner and reading a book by herself, hoping for no more unwanted 'distractions'.

An Unexpected Sign Of Peace

Users who are viewing this thread

Back