• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Dark Experiment of Agora - Factions Observation Station (Fac Status)

Zaltusinel

Novelist and Word Whisperer
Welcome Travelers to Agora. I bid thee welcome and have a wonderful stay here on the Observation deck. There will be quite a show below. Hehe, we have all that you may require. - ???
------
Thread Navigation:

In Character: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-dark-experiment-of-agora-in-character.331535/
OOC: Check out Our Discord at https://discord.gg/Hrgb5x5 There will be no RpN OOC out of redundancy.

Current Players: Spicy Serious Spicy Serious :TBA SpookySableye SpookySableye :TBA Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon :The Adonai General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch :The Viriarch GrieveWriter GrieveWriter :The Syndel

The First Continent (1).png
-----------------------------
Faction Worksheet:

Naturally, all of these are subject to change. Also dear players, it should be noted that your faction will not be genetically identical, meaning that it is possible to have siblings at the start of this game. Also it means that there is slight genetic variance between members of your faction. In non-key areas of course. While you belabor on your faction, I would like to inform you that the experimenters have goals of their own. If you stray too far from them, you will be eradicated. However, when you land on Agora, you will have no idea. The experimenter's involvement will be little, to preserve the validity of the experiment. I will run actions for the experimenters.

Le Basics:

Name:

Ideology:

Leader:
Name:
Personality:
Talents:
Weaknesses:
Interests (Like trains etc.):
Family (Does your leader have siblings that have been created with them?):
Background (Before their memory was wiped by the forerunners, what did they do on the Nosiré, the experimenters capital spaceship?):

Vision (What is your leader's vision for your faction?) :

Population:

For you population of your faction at start, it will be determined by the responses to the following questions/statements. Please respond in the views of your leader.

1. Why is the sky blue?

2. What is something you've always wanted?

3. If a family member, such as a sister, committed a horrible crime, how would they be punished? If at all. Then why?

Pick a number between one and fifty.

Resources and Personal:

Supplies:
In this section, players will decide on which side package they would like to be dropped with. The supplies will be locked and can be opened only by the faction's leader. Primary supplies will include everything one should require on Agora for the first three Agoran months. (Six Earth Months) The side packages are purposed to provide a strategic ace to factions and allow them to complete their early goals quicker. As the experimenters would rather not watch factions be nomadic for a period of time. This request will be insinuated into faction leaders by a drive to settle down. Not following this request may cause penalties to your faction. The time to do this will remain unknown.

Side Package 1, "I Feel Good!": For those who expect quite a hostile world, this side package will allow factions to heal their comrades faster than others and give protective equipment in forms of armor often found in the Stone or Bronze ages. Also factions who select this package will receive a statistical edge in their physical regeneration. This will allow them to gain regeneration statistics faster than other factions. It should be noted that all of the supplies inside can be made from Agoran native materials and are actually native to the planet.

Side Package 2, "Cheap Whiskey": Those of the mind to begin the trade empire of Agora early will find extra building supplies to set up their stores and warehouses. Also, some valuable Agoran trade goods will be supplied allowing the faction whom chooses this package to trade for supplies from the other factions. Factions will receive an edge in their silver tongue abilities and will notice a faster increase in their language abilities.

Side Package 3, "Get Dunked On!": Those who see themselves looking to crush the enemy will find weapons and ammunition in this side Package. Those who select this package will find an edge to their tactical abilities and increase their combat effectiveness overall. It should be noted that all of the supplies inside can be made from Agoran native materials and are actually native to the planet. Weapons will be roughly in the Stone or Bronze ages.

Side Package 4, "Corvo Attano": If you ever wanted to be a league of assassins, this package will get you there faster. Supplies include camouflage, stealth weapons such as hidden blades, other stealthy tools. Factions who select this package will find that their abilities to sneak will improve faster and their noise production will reduce faster. All supplies can be redrafted with Agoran materials.

Side Package Selection:

Now that you have read things on Statistics, let me enlighten you what exactly that means. Each faction will begin with three statistical modifiers.

Intelligence At 1
Physical Prowess At 2
Adaptability At 1

These modifiers will be used in rolls to determine outcomes. To get better perspective, the initial intelligence value will place your faction at roughly 75 IQ. Physical prowess will be comparable to humans. And your Adaptability modifier represents your factions ability to evolve over time. If a faction constructs a library, then they will receive progress to their intelligence value among others at the rate of one. If Adaptability is higher, this rate will increase. Adaptability is the strongest statistic in this roleplay and players are strongly advised to raise this stat. By advanced technology, a faction does not need to concentrate on one job for the entire faction to receive the benefit. To better understand the Adaptability modifer, I would estimate that humanity's value in this respect is ten times ten to negative twenty-fifth power. Mostly due to the fact that humanity must reproduce to evolve. The factions on Agora do not have this limit. Your leader will progressively grow stronger as the game progresses. It should also be noted that everyone starts as the same species, however do not be discouraged as you will develop your race over time. You decide how they grow and how they appear. This beginning common allows me to reduce the amount of time needed to balance. Right now, all I need to do is calculate your population and determine you molds. There is some balance question, but you will notice that this is minor. Overall, this process will be quite faster than you may expect. Let us continue, some fields remain.

Gene Molds (Now let us determine your faction's desire specialties. These could be professions such as weaponsmith, armorer, famer, etc. So you will receive two of your choices. The others may be something radically different. So think outside the box. These count as faction specialties and allow each faction, in reserves of trade, to have a unique identity.):
The Nerje, the group hunt. Adonai participate in large group hunts where the males form a long line and drive all game and prey from an area. Thus, the goal is to not let the prey in the area escape and to slaughter them all. It requires and enforces discipline and cooperation among the hunters.

The Scholar, the Adonai are naturally curious and wish to learn anything they come across that is new.

Relics of the Forerunners, each faction will select a relic to be used in their favor. Keep in mind, that each relic is only loyal to those who possess it with one exception.

Shadow Disk, a plate of full darkness that obscures surroundings and generates illusions.

Renanimator, a crystal powered by blood that can restore allies. Three uses until machine malfunctions. The forth use and those afterwards will have an unknown effect.

Augmentor, a device that will slowly improve those who bear its draining will. This applies to entire faction.

The "Elemental Shards", crystals that are advanced in technology to emulate their fantasy counterparts. May choose one of fire, ice, or toxin. Multiple shards formed together will produce a higher tier element. Can be made on Agora, but the cost is insane.

Hallowed Guardian, a machine that fights. However, it has a small battery. Also stays true to faction it was assigned to unless they are dead. Then it will be loyal to its current possessor until they are eliminated. The battery is rechargeable.

Relic selection:

Now, if I missed anything of note in this worksheet, please let me now. I am so happy to be your gamemaster, but I am not perfect. So if anyone has questions, concerns, or things to add that would improve upon this sheet. Please let me know, you will receive kudos and possibly a prize in game. Also, please put my dialog in spoilers and don't remove them. This is so each sheet has all the information so if we have a lot of sheets, no one has to scroll to the top to see one small detail.

Enjoy my players, we have much to come.

-Zaltusinel
Faction Notes, This is where you keep track of all of the materials, people, specialties, and other noteworthy things on your faction. This is highly encouraged that you keep track as I will be quite burdened with the game as a whole.

Last edited:
Information on Starting Species.
Dear Players, as I enlightened above, all factions will start as the same species. So I will enlighten what this species appears as their stats is listed above.
-----
Jolæ's Log:

Species: Havanger Class 0

Our first creation here at GOUL, I couldn't be prouder of what the team has done. We have truly made a fine discovery and a fine place to take it. The Havanger will become our newest race into our precious empire. Why might outsiders ask? There will be signs to tell. I pray that they will not destroy themselves as the others of more natural origins. But who knows?

The Havanger represents the first ever artificial lifeforms. I am excited in what they will become.

Appearance Only:
aergerian_alien_species_concept_by_moonstalkerwerewolf-d8vcex0.png

Bi-pedal, adaptive and designed to fit our technology from the beginning. We hope that they will fit later on, but it doesn't matter. We will always watch, we will constantly improve on their evolution. Their choices will affect many things. Someday, they will learn of their creators and ascend to us. May the strings of fate ever so weave to us.
------
End of Log

Naturally, all of these are subject to change. Also dear players, it should be noted that your faction will not be genetically identical, meaning that it is possible to have siblings at the start of this game. Also it means that there is slight genetic variance between members of your faction. In non-key areas of course. While you belabour on your faction, I would like to inform you that the experimenters have goals of their own. If you stray too far from them, you will be eradicated. However, when you land on Agora, you will have no idea. The experimenter's involvement will be little, to preserve the validity of the experiment. I will run actions for the experimenters.

Name: The Viriarch

Ideology: Autocratic and highly structured, believing that only though order and conformity can balance be maintained

Leader:
Name: Murat Virkai
Personality: He beleives that those who miss-step deserve punishment and those who act accordingly deserve to be rewarded. He believes this so much that he would take it to the extremes of murder or abdicating to the individual.
Talents: He is articulate and able to turn people to his point of view as well as a willingness to listen to those that know better about a subject them him.
Weaknesses: He is weak and not very good at solving his own problems.
Interests: He enjoys uniformity and synchronicity as well as having a strong love for art and culture.
Family: He has three sisters, Maelar, Kitan and Jaigar and a brother, Sorat
Background(I dont understand this one but ima attempt it): They were artists and artisans, creating and designing art of many different forms.

Vision: He wants to create a cradle of art and a hub of culture. A safe place to store knowledge and ideas.

For you population of your faction at start, it will be determined by the responses to the following questions/statements. Please respond in the views of your leader.

1. Why is the sky blue? Because those that decided it chose such a hue to represent all that is light and free, what is more representative of this then the sky?

2. What is something you've always wanted? To know why everyone is so varied that all think distinctly and originally with their own views, ideas and expertise.

3. If a family member, such as a sister, committed a horrible crime, how would they be punished? If at all. Then why? They would be punished accordingly. While it would sadden him greatly he would swiftly hand out fair justice. Even killing them himself if necessary

Pick a number between one and fifty. 42

Supplies: In this section, players will decide on which side package they would like to be dropped with. The supplies will be locked and can be opened only by the faction's leader. Primary supplies will include everything one should require on Agora for the first three Agoran months. (Six Earth Months) The side packages are purposed to provide a strategic ace to factions and allow them to complete their early goals quicker. As the experimenters would rather not watch factions be nomadic for a period of time. This request will be insinuated into faction leaders by a drive to settle down. Not following this request may cause penalties to your faction. The time to do this will remain unknown.

Side Package 1, "I Feel Good!": For those who expect quite a hostile world, this side package will allow factions to heal their comrades faster than others and give protective equipment in forms of armor often found in the Stone or Bronze ages. Also factions who select this package will receive a statistical edge in their physical regeneration. This will allow them to gain regeneration statistics faster than other factions. It should be noted that all of the supplies inside can be made from Agoran native materials and are actually native to the planet.

Side Package 2, "Cheap Whiskey": Those of the mind to begin the trade empire of Agora early will find extra building supplies to set up their stores and warehouses. Also, some valuable Agoran trade goods will be supplied allowing the faction whom chooses this package to trade for supplies from the other factions. Factions will receive an edge in their silver tongue abilities and will notice a faster increase in their language abilities.

Side Package 3, "Get Dunked On!": Those who see themselves looking to crush the enemy will find weapons and ammunition in this side Package. Those who select this package will find an edge to their tactical abilities and increase their combat effectiveness overall. It should be noted that all of the supplies inside can be made from Agoran native materials and are actually native to the planet. Weapons will be roughly in the Stone or Bronze ages.

Side Package 4, "Corvo Attano": If you ever wanted to be a league of assassins, this package will get you there faster. Supplies include camouflage, stealth weapons such as hidden blades, other stealthy tools. Factions who select this package will find that their abilities to sneak will improve faster and their noise production will reduce faster. All supplies can be redrafted with Agoran materials.

Side Package Selection: 2 "Cheap Whiskey"

Now that you have read things on Statistics, let me enlighten you what exactly that means. Each faction will begin with three statistical modifiers.

Intelligence At 1
Physical Prowess At 2
Adaptability At 1

These modifiers will be used in rolls to determine outcomes. To get better perspective, the initial intelligence value will place your faction at roughly 75 IQ. Physical prowess will be comparable to humans. And your Adaptability modifier represents your factions ability to evolve over time. If a faction constructs a library, then they will receive progress to their intelligence value among others at the rate of one. If Adaptability is higher, this rate will increase. Adaptability is the strongest statistic in this roleplay and players are strongly advised to raise this stat. By advanced technology, a faction does not need to concentrate on one job for the entire faction to receive the benefit. To better understand the Adaptability modifer, I would estimate that humanity's value in this respect is ten times ten to negative twenty-fifth power. Mostly due to the fact that humanity must reproduce to evolve. The factions on Agora do not have this limit. Your leader will progressively grow stronger as the game progresses. It should also be noted that everyone starts as the same species, however do not be discouraged as you will develop your race over time. You decide how they grow and how they appear. This beginning common allows me to reduce the amount of time needed to balance. Right now, all I need to do is calculate your population and determine you molds. There is some balance question, but you will notice that this is minor. Overall, this process will be quite faster than you may expect. Let us continue, some fields remain.

Gene Molds (Now let us determine your faction's desire specialties. I will guarantee two. The others may be something radically different. If you have a unique specialty compared to other factions, you will receive a preference to that specialty. So think outside the box.):
The Thinkers. Designers and 'creatives' that put their ability to practical use to create creative and innovative solutions to physical problems, like food shortages or repeating flooding. They often meet at 'Solvers' where they meet together and the host poses an issue, they then work together with their own unique skills to come up with solutions and sharing their own perspectives to achieve it. They then create the solutions, often involving beautiful and elaborate contraptions.
The Guands, Law makers and enforcers. They work to to write laws, enforce laws and adapt laws. The Guands are Judge, jury, executioner, lawmaker and, even, lawyer. A court holds three Guands. That is how they are done. One defends the ideas of the individual who is purposed of breaking the law. Another attempts to prove that they did. (much like a prosicutioner) and a third acts as a neutral to decide where the facts stand. After they 'play out their scene' they all talk together, without the 'defendent' to decide on what they all agree is the case and then punishment is taken. Sometimes a Guand will enact 'justice' on the streets, killing an unlawful. The Guand will then have to defend his actions in such a court to prove the unlawful was both guilty and could not be risked in a humain capture and trial.

Relics of the Forerunners, each faction will select a relic to be used in their favor. Keep in mind, that each relic is only loyal to those who possess it with one exception.

Shadow Disk, a plate of full darkness that obscures surroundings and generates illusions.

Renanimator, a crystal powered by blood that can restore allies. Three uses until machine malfunctions. The forth use and those afterwards will have an unknown effect.

Augmentor, a device that will slowly improve those who bear its draining will. This applies to entire faction.

The "Elemental Shards", crystals that are advanced in technology to emulate their fantasy counterparts. May choose one of fire, ice, or toxin. Multiple shards formed together will produce a higher tier element. Can be made on Agora, but the cost is insane.

Hallowed Guardian, a machine that fights. However, it has a small battery. Also stays true to faction it was assigned to unless they are dead. Then it will be loyal to its current possessor until they are eliminated.

Relic selection: Augmentor

Faction Notes, This is where you keep track of all of the materials, people, specialties, and other noteworthy things on your faction. This is highly encouraged that you keep track as I will be quite burdened with the game as a whole.

Last edited:
Name: The Adonai

Ideology: Enlightened Unification

Leader:
Name: Adonis
Personality: A rather direct individual who despises deceit among individuals. Thus, he expects people to be honest with him (unless they are enemies or rivals, in which case its fair game). He is someone who does not repeat himself.
Talents: He is someone whose voice carries weight. Each word is purposeful, and when he speaks, all will listen.
Weaknesses: He enjoys his pleasures in life. Not decadent, but certainly not frugal.
Interests (Like trains etc.): Harmony, Science, and Hunting
Family (Does your leader have siblings that have been created with them?): One Brother and One Sister
Background (Before their memory was wiped by the forerunners, what did they do on the Nosiré, the experimenters capital spaceship?): They were Administrators and Guards

Vision (What is your leader's vision for your faction?) : To be able to peacefully live with everyone and anywhere

1. Why is the sky blue? Because everyone is told it is blue. Is it actually blue? Who knows, but everyone points at the sky and says that it is blue. Thus, it is blue.

2. What is something you've always wanted?
A true, lasting peace

3. If a family member, such as a sister, committed a horrible crime, how would they be punished? If at all. Then why?
A crime is a crime. Perhaps there might be circumstances that might make it more acceptable or understanding, but then why allow things to turn to a state where that crime had to be commited? It is that persons fault and should be punished.

Pick a number between one and fifty.
e

Supplies:
Side Package 2: Cheap Whiskey

Gene Molds:
The Nerje, the group hunt. Adonai participate in large group hunts where the males form a long line and drive all game and prey from an area and then encircle them. Thus, the goal is to not let the prey in the area escape and to slaughter them all. It requires and enforces discipline and cooperation among the hunters.

The Scholar, the Adonai are naturally curious and wish to learn anything they come across that is new.

Relics:
Shadow Disk

Last edited:
Name: The Syndel (Syndellians)

Ideology: Pseudo-Fascist Theocracy based in extreme Elitism.

Leader:
Name: Kertug Therovere
Personality: Kertug is a creature of aspirations, and his aspirations are quite simple indeed. He's absolutely convinced that this people are destined for perfection no matter what. Since he's so certain of where they'll be in the future, he has no need to concern himself with what he considers 'the short term'. As such, he seems oddly contented and satisfied with every situation he's placed in good or bad. As if the concepts of anger and disappointment were foreign to him, he's awfully willing to care little for himself and others so long as his faith in the inevitable outcome is maintained. He's adventurous as well, always seems to seek out new things to try and experience.

Talents: Quick thinker, Kertug's ability to think his way through scenarios should not be underestimated.
Weaknesses: He is willing to go far out of his way for entertainment, putting the devotion of his people to good use in seeking new ways to entertain himself.

Interests: He likes adventuring, finding new things, learning how to use and entertain himself with those things.

Family: Kertug has five brothers.
Background: On the Nosiré, Kertug spent plenty of time observing his brothers during their brawls whilst occasionally joining in. Whenever they'd converse he'd usually act as a mediator of sorts, and he'd consistently remind them of their place in the world. The rest of his time was spent just lurking about trying to strike up meaningless conversations with others, usually revolving around mundane topics like what they'd been doing that day or how things had been going.

Vision: "Hehe, well... obviously us Syndellians will evolve to a higher state of being through consistent destruction of weakness, we will eventually weed out enough flaws to reach perfection, then ensure that every other possible race in existence knows of our superiority and the trials we've undergone to ensure it."

Population: 112

1. Why is the sky blue? "Pfft, maybe because it wants to be? Who cares? Its the sky. Save questions like that for the scholars who make it a point to know about the world around us."

2. What is something you've always wanted? "I could say I've always wanted my race to reach perfection, but that would imply there was a chance it wasn't going to happen eventually. Nah, I know for a fact we'll get there at some point, what I've always wanted is to enjoy the journey up to that point. Probably have as much fun as possible."

3. If a family member, such as a sister, committed a horrible crime, how would they be punished? "Well I don't really care much personally, no matter what they could do our futureis certain. But my brothers would probably get in a fuss if I let someone off the hook for momentarily derailing our efforts. So I guess I'd just have her enslaved for the public's entertainment. You know? Have her fight some beasts to the death, maybe work with the rest of the lesser beings fashioning tools and structures. And hey! If she survives long enough maybe she might even get reintroduced into society's arms a stronger person. Gotta gain the people's favor back somehow, right? What better way to do that then reminding them of your strength even when reduced to nothing? And if she dies, she dies a weakling. Sounds pretty fair if ya ask me."

Pick a number between one and fifty: "Hmmm, so many choices... well, guess I'll go with 22 and leave it to the scholars to wonder why, eh? Heheh."

Supplies:
Side Package Selection: #3 "Get Dunked On!"
Gene Molds:
The Faithful- The Syndel people are devoutly faithful to their leader's vision of their eventual perfection, and are extremely motivated to reach that goal. This has sparked certain feeling of elitism within all of them, as they already believe that they are destined to rise above all others.
The Takers- Syndellians have a habit of forcing weaker beings into servitude in order to expedite their projects, and have no qualms with using every bit of their environment to their advantage. This mostly involves usage of natural barriers, capturing and training wildlife, among other ways to use their various surroundings in order to prosper.

Relic selection: Fire Elemental Shard
An unconscious native beast of noteworthy power.

Faction Notes:
Sergost: Armed brother to Kertug
Tor: Joyous brother to Kertug
Finnick: Fanatical Brother to Kertug
Progress:
Agility
Level 1: 3/76

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back