• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dark Days, Darker Nights (IC w/ Kendrix-lamar)

Purple Planet

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

The Demon

Demons...There was no trusting the lot that any one Demon could be a good Demon...Could there be? It didn't seem very likely. Not in this world. The Demon in which twenty-two-year-old Yanagi was grappling with, was exactly six feet tall and very thin. It still had a Human shape, but it's claws were twelve inches and very sharp and deadly. Not to mention its razor-sharp teeth. Despite its scraggy appearance, it was very strong. It had clearly consumed many Humans in its time as a Demon, and there was very little, if at all, any Human left to the creature.

A Demon's purpose in life was to consume as many Humans as it could and gain power. It moved with ease around Yanagi as she held her Nichirin Blade, which was a deep green, due to her Nature Breathing Techniques.

The Demon roared, and a blood red beam shot from its mouth, demolishing trees and its surroundings. The roar was unlike anything Yanagi had heard before. If anything, this Demon was starting to make her mad. The Demon's long claws were stained red from the blood of Humans and no doubt other Slayers. Ever since Yanagi had turned fourteen, she had been a member of the Demon Corps. Now, Yanagi was on her latest mission. To take down this forest Demon that came out at night to sneak into Human's homes and consume them.

The Demon was indeed very strong. But Yanagi wasn't about to let it consume one more person if she could help it. No way, no how.

"Filthy demon." She growled, panting as she tried to focus, the Demon's ghostly, opaque white eyes set upon her. Never again would it terrorize the village that called the forest home. It had gotten so that the people wouldn't go out at night.

Once more the Demon roared, swiping its long arm, slicing a tree in half just above Yanagi's head, forcing her to leap out of the way.

Kumi had heard rumors about a forest demon near the village she called home. A few of the villagers had gone missing from the area as well as other near by villages. Since it was dark out she headed to the forest to seek out the demon and to destroy it. Kumi blinked a bit her eyes going red smelling some blood, it was that of a human.

Though Kumi passed as a human she was a demon too. Though she hated that fact she used her abilities to try to protect humans instead of killing them. The fact she could smell blood meant that a human was in danger. She picked up her speed heading towards the smell.

The demon that was fighting Yanagi was fighting managed to cut into her arm with its large claws. It's own demon blood powers allowing it to poison the demon slayer. Kumi stopped pausing seeing that the smell was coming from a slayer. It would be a risk showing herself so she was stuck. For now she could just stand by to see if the human really needed help.

Meanwhile Tanjiro was traveling with Giyu, the very man who had spared his sister and helped him become a demon slayer. The two got orders to provide back up for another slayer in a near by forest.

The two had just finished off another mission so Tanjiro was pretty tired but he'd press on. He looked back to the more quiet man who had been forced to be his mentor. Giyu was the main reason the corps allowed his sister to stay alive.

As they approached the forest Tanjiro sniffed the air. It reaked of demon and blood. He covered his nose a bit "This is definitely the place." He commented pulling out his sword "should we split up or stick together?"

Instantly the cut dealt to her right arm throbbed and burned. Poison...! This wasn't good. The bleeding gash burned like a white-hot iron, and Yanagi's vision blurred. Still, this Demon couldn't be allowed to devour another Human.

This time the Demon slashed with its other clawed hand. Grimacing, Yanagi attempted to leap, but its twelve-inch claws racked her belly, tearing her Corps clothing and drawing more blood. At the same time, the Demon let out another blood red beam from its mouth, which knocked Yanagi flying backwards.

Yanagi crashed into a tree right next to Giyu. Clearly, she had been knocked unconscious by the impacts. There was a groan from Yanagi before she slumped over.

"Go. I'll take care of her." Giyu growled, hurrying over to the unconscious Demon Slayer. She's a member of the Demon Slayer Corps! Giyu saw that the wounds burned from the poison.

"Be careful Tonjiro! This Demon is very powerful, and its claws are poisonous." Giyu warned his traveling companion.

Last edited:
Kumi watched the determined girl fight but it seemed the demon was strong and so was its poison. Seeing the slayer get cut to the stomach she couldn't hold back. She focused in allowing herself to tap into her demon powers a mist started to form. She had been focused on the other demon not realizing other slayers were there. She wanted to act quick to help the poisoned woman.

Tanjiro saw the collapsed slayer and nodded hearing Giyu's commands "got it" he went forth to attack. He noticed a mist forming not sure where it was coming from. The clawed demon's scent was strong and it made it hard for him to realize Kumi was there.

Kumi saw a man with redish hair appear attacking the demon who blocked. She saw the slayer clothes again. She figured maybe he was a partner to the girl. She decided to act anyways. She let her own sharp nails out and ran forth using Tanjiro as a distraction to pierce the demon's body from behind with her own arm.

Tanjiro had been thrown back by the block. He noticed his vision get a bit fuzzy but pushed on seeing someone else attacking. With Kumi's closer her scent became clear. The young slayer now confused as to why another demon was getting involved. He really had no time to think and went in to cut the demon's head off.

The poison from the demon's claws was working fast. Already Yanagi's skin was becoming hot and sweaty. For now, Giyu could only apply pressure to the bleeding wounds, not knowing how to treat the demon's poison. They had to get her back to the Corps.

As he kept pressure on her wounds, Giyu looked over to what appeared to be...Another demon? What the hell? Before he could warn Tonjiro, he watched as the second demon lunged at the first. Wait...She was...Helping them? It was clear that the mystery demon was attacking the other. But why? Demons ate humans! Giyu made a mental note to track and question the demon woman later. To determin if she needed to be slain or not.

Hearing a pained groan, Giyu looked down as Yanagi stirred. For a brief moment, her solid green eyes opened, but then closed once again. Her situation wasn't good. Tonjiro would need to hurry if she was going to make it! Feeling frustrated, Giyu could only keep their fellow Demon Slayer company, all the while making sure to keep pressure on her wounds, her blood covering his hands.

Last edited:
Tanjiro managed to make a hit but didn't slice through the demons neck. He ended up being tossed aside luckily not getting hit by the poisonous claws. Kumi gritted her teeth pulling out her arm as she escaped an attack from the demon.

Kumi had to act fast to help the girl. She was hoping her mist would help the girl relax and slow down the poison. "Hey ugly look at me!" She shouted. The demon turned locking eyes with Kumi's red eyes making the demon freeze all together "try and attack again" she called out to the strange young man.

Tanjiro was confused but more willing to accept a demons help. He got back up gripping his sword "water breathing.....second form" he said softly taking a deep breath and attacked with his water wheel. This allowed for a successful hit collapsing the demon.

Kumi watched it fall and start to fade away. She frowned knowing she wouldn't be able to consume it but that was the least of he'd worries. She broke her trance like state her breathing heavy.

She moved closer to the hurt girl knowing very well they could target her next. "She won't survive traveling. I know how to help the poison....please allow me to render aid." She looked to the black haired man, her eyes still red incase she had to run off if they were to attack.

A demon rendering aid?!?! Who was this demon? Though Giyu stepped aside, he drew his Nichirin Blade, ready to use it if she tried anything funny. It was a strange sight to see...First, Tonjiro's sister Nezuko, never consumed human. Instead, she slept to recover.

"Who are you demon?" Giyu demanded, his tone harsh. After all, this girl was a member of the Demon Slayer Corps, as her clothing made obvious. He wasn't about to let anything happen to her if he could help it. They needed as many Demon Slayers as possible to survive in this world. There always seemed to be more demons than humans, and any Demon Slayer was gold in Giyu's mind. Still...For a demon...She was kind of pretty. Giyu frowned and shook his head, ridding himself of any such thought.

"How do you know of this poison?" He was curious and kept his Nichirin Blade drawn. Hearing another groan, Giyu cast his onyx-colored-eyes down to the wounded Slayer.

Kumi watched the stange man with the black hair watch her with his guard up. However she went right to work glad she brought the antidote she had already worked on. It wouldn't be totally enough but good enough to keep her alive to get her to further help.

"The name is Kumi." She said before giving Yanagi the antidote which was a liquid to take by mouth. "I know of this poison because a member of my village managed to escape that demon so I had time to figure out an antidote." She explained as she looked to the girl.

"Giyu she has a similar scent to nezuko....I don't think she means harm." Tanjiro spoke up since he could tell his mentor was on edge. Kumi looked to the other boy "if we take her to my village I have more supplies there to help finish fight off the poison." She explained hoping they'd listen to her even if she was a demon and they were ones hired to kill her own kind.

Has a similar scent to Nezuko? Still...If there was one thing Giyu learned of Tonjiro, it wasn't to question his sense of smell. Especially when it came to demons. Still, he didn't sheath his Nichirin Blade. Never around a Demon. That was always a good way to get oneself injured or worse.

"Fine. But only because Tonjiro here doesn't think you mean harm." Giyu grunted as he picked up the wounded Demon Slayer. The girl wasn't exactly light. "Tonjiro can you carry her Nichirin Blade?" He asked, carrying Yanagi bridal style in his arms. Thankfully the village wasn't very far from the forest. It was a Sin to separate the Demon Slayer from their own Nichirin Blade. Now that Giyu thought of it, he had met Yanagi once or twice before. This girl had a knack for bad luck, especially when fighting demons. Still, she managed. She never let Demons or others know her weakness, and was always striving to better herself, especially for battle.

"Lead the way to your village. Nothing funny." Giyu grumbled, reluctant to trust any more Demons then Tonjiro's sister, Nezuko.

"Well I don't mean any harm so I won't do anything funny" Kumi said with sigh. Of course they had no trust in her, at least the one with the black hair didn't. "I just don't think you want your friend to die." She told them.

"No we don't. So we appreciate your help miss kumi" Tanjiro spoke more formally and kind than his mentor. He picked up Yanagi's sword not really familar with the girl. Kumi lead the way to the village keeping a good pace not wanting to waist time. Luckily the village was close and her humble home wasn't that far either. She lead them inside. There was plenty of herbs and such but not much else. "You can lay her down" she directed going to make more of the antidote. "She'll probably need to rest here for the night."

Tanjiro put down the box that held nezuko glad about the idea for rest. He had much more trust than Giyu as he had met other nice demons.

Last edited:
Luckily, it wasn't a very long trip back to the village. The wounded Demon Slayer's body was burning with fever and covered in sweat. Yanagi would need treatment soon. There was a groan from Yanagi every now and again, but so far, she remained unconscious.

With hard, black eyes, Giyu laid Yanagi upon the matress, setting her sword on a nearby table. It was a dark green sword, due to her Nature Breathing Techniques.

Reluctantly, Giyu watched, glancing over at Tonjiro, who hardly seemed worried about this mystery Demon woman who called herself Kumi. It was very hard to think that Demons could resist consuming Humans. But now that he thought of it, if Nezuko wasn't like other Demons, then hopefully there were others that could resist too. Right? Maybe, just maybe, there could possibly be a cure for Nezuko?

"What kind of poison is it?" This time, his tone was less harsh, but more curious.

Tanjiro watched Kumi make the antidote curiously. She heard Giyu's question "it's a poison that attacks the blood. That demon probably received the ability from the demon king." She did her best to explain.

She turned to Tanjiro "grab a cloth and get it wet to help with her fever" she directed pointing things out for him. Tanjiro did so and once he got the wet cloth he sat with Yanagi placing it on her forehead. "Miss Kumi do know lady Tamayo?" He asked the burning question he had in his mind.

Kumi finished making the antidote with the next question. She hesitated though but figured it was worth being honest. "I do, she's the one who taught me how to help with things like these" she explained as she went to make Yanagi drink more of the treatment. This second dose would be enough to fight off the poison entirely.

A poison that attacks the blood? Giyu frowned, not liking the sound of that. As Tonjiro fetched the wet cloth, Giyu watched his traveling partner. Stepping back, Giyu wasn't about to interfere with the aid of a fellow Demon Slayer. His black eyes watched the Demon woman force the antidote into Yanagi, the girl coughing as it was forced down her throat. No doubt it didn't taste the greatest.

"Still...Why help us? We're Demon Slayers of the Corps." Again, his tone was no longer harsh, but more questioning and curious. Giyu supposed that if Demons were placed in this world with Humans, just about anything could happen. Even though the thought was unsettling. What could she want in return from them? He wouldn't kill her, not now. As long as she didn't make any threatening move towards them.

Hearing another groan from Yanagi, Giyu glanced down at her. Her skin was burning with fever from the poison, and she was starting to squirm around upon the bed. Giyu let out a long deep breath. "Is there anything I can do?" He wondered, feeling out of place just standing there while a fellow Demon Slayer was injured.

Tanjiro carefully held the cloth to her forehead even as she squirmed lightly. He looked worried even if Kumi said Yanagi would be okay. He didn't like seeing others in distress. Even if he didn't know them to well.

He didn't know if it would held but he reached holding Yanagi's hand hoping somehow it would sooth her as the antidote wormed to fight off the poison.

Kumi went to grab what she had to wrap up Yanagi's wounds as Giyu questioned her further. "I don't like seeing people die. Even people whose purpose is to kill demons. I understand why. I'd kill demons too if I were human..." not like she didn't kill them off currently.

Part of her wondered if she'd even fight for her life if a demon slayer tried to kill her. Considering she still hated her demon side. No matter how much Tamayo helped her with it.

When Giyu asked how she could help she handed over some bandages. "If you know first aide help me wrap her up. Otherwise we just gotta let the medicine work through her body."

As Tonjiro placed the cold and wet cloth upon her forehead, Giyu nodded once in approval. His Nirchirin Blade in its sheath, Giyu helped with the banading, raising an eyebrow when he saw Tonjiro hold her hand.

It was going to be a rough night for them. Especially Yanagi. Giyu knew she hated Demons just as much as the next Demon Slayer. What she think when she found out it was a Demon who saved her life? If the circumstances were better, that thought would have been amusing to ponder. But right now, it was up to the antidote to cure her. Indeed it was going to be a long night.

Giyu looked over at Tonjiro. "I know you're tired, so I can stay up with her if you want." He offered, sitting down in a chair next to the bed. They had been traveling for a while now, going on missions.

Tanjiro shook his head "you need rest too Giyu" he insisted thinking about his mentor of course. Kumi looked between them "I doubt you both have trust to both sleep at the same time because I'm used to being up more throughout the night" she commented.

"We can take shifts" Tanjiro suggested. He knew Giyu wouldn't have enough trust to let them both sleep. "I can go first if it makes you feel better." He offered.

Kumi looked to the younger man "you can set up wherever you like I have some extra bed mats " she said getting up and pulled one out laying it out for Tanjiro. She'd stay up regardless to monitor Yanagi's condition.

Tanjiro bowed lightly "thank you miss kumi" he said moving his box closer to the bed and went to lay down. It didn't take long for him to fall asleep. Kumi watched him "why is he traveling with a demon in that box?" She asked Giyu once she was assured Tanjiro was asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back