• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dark Ages of Taeral - D&D 5e (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
E'Lania, your acid splash hits home and the orc goes down in a in a sizzling mess. He’s dead before he hits the dirt.

End Initiative
Everyone gets 128 XP

The gnome writhes and groans on the ground. Blood is welling and soaking his leather vest. He’s definitely dying. “Oh Gods...” he says finally.

Grath peaks his head out from behind his wagon. He’s clutching his two kids. “Are they gone?”

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie D. Rex D. Rex BnemonicDevice BnemonicDevice Idea Idea skycaptain skycaptain Silanon Silanon

Athaclenna immediately rushes forward towards the injured gnome. In a soft but firm voice, she says, "Lie still. You will be fine in just a moment." She reaches out and grabs the arrow, and as she pulls it out, she murmurs a prayer to Corellon to heal the wound.
Going to use my Chanel Divinity to heal the injury. How far down is the gnome?

Hit Points: 25 / -6
Hit Dice: 3 - 1d8+1

Armor Class: 16
Initiative: +2
Proficiency: +2
Passive Perception: 14

Number of Attacks: 1

Spell Slots
1st level: 4
2nd level: 2 / 1
Chanel Divinity: 15 pts
Disciple of Life: the creature regains additional hit points equal to 2 + the spell’s level.

Long Bow: +4 to hit, 1d8+2, Range 150/600 ft, Piercing, Ammunition, Two Handed
--Quiver with 20 Arrows
Dagger: +4 to hit, 1d4+2

With his sword still in hand, Garroth steps forward and stands nearby the elven cleric as she tends to the wounded gnome, meaning to shield her from any threats that might still be out there. Using his keen eyesight, the Dragonborn scans the woodline to see if there are any signs of more orcs.
Total of a 12 on my Perception roll.

Hit Points: 28
Hit Dice: 3 - 1d10 +3

Initiative: -1
Passive Perception: 13

Action Surge: 1
Second Breath: 1 - +1d10+3
Breath Weapon: 1 - 2d6
Critical Strike on 19-20
Reroll 1's and 2's on damage dice once

Greatsword: +5 to hit, 2d6+3 Slashing, Two Handed, Heavy
Light Crossbow: +1 to hit, 1d8 Piercing, Rng 80ft/320ft, Ammunition, Loading, Two Handed

Athaclenna, you can see right away that he has other injuries as well. He’s been beaten and tortured. You can see burn marks under his tunic and his right eye is swollen shut. His left arm is broken. This all obviously happened before he burst out of the forest.

He’s at 2 out of 8 HP.

With the healing power of her God, Athaclenna focuses her will on the battered and bloody gnome. A moment later, she can feel the broken bones heal under her hands and the bloody hole in his chest seal up. "There now. Feeling a bit better, aren't we?" Clenna then pulls out a clean cloth from her pouch and uses it to start wiping up the excess blood from the man's chest. "I saw that others were hit; who else is hurt?"
Hit Points: 25 / -6

Spell Slots
Chanel Divinity: 15 pts / 9
Disciple of Life: the creature regains additional hit points equal to 2 + the spell’s level.

--Quiver with 20 Arrows

Garroth, you stand and watch a moment. The scan the tree line. You don’t see orcs. But you do see a few small gnome faces peeking out from behind trees.

And, further back in the forest, a man.

Lorne, you had heard of disturbances in these woods from a nearby hamlet. When you investigated, you had found and orc camp near some ruins deeper in the forest. These orcs had the gnomes that are now hiding behind the trees captive. You saw the gnomes break free and one acted as a decoy so the others could escape. Sure enough, all six orcs had chase him into the woods. The decoy gnome is writhing in the dirt while a wood elf tends to him.

And now here you stand. Describe yourself and enter the fray.

Blargaristic Blargaristic

[class=top] background-color:darkgreen; color:white; border:3px solid black; text-align:center; border-bottom-left-radius:25%; border-bottom-right-radius:25%; width:84%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=emblem] width:15%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=outter] border:14px solid; border-image:url('https://42customfabric.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Elven-Mail-Main.png') 40 round; [/class] [class=left] background-color:white; background-size:cover; width:31%; Display:inline-block; border-radius:25px; overflow:hidden; color:black; font-size:200%; [/class] [class=right] width:68%; Display:inline-block; [/class] [class=black] background-color:black; [/class] [class=truebak] background-image:url('http://getwallpapers.com/wallpaper/full/b/c/e/1291430-fantasy-background-1920x1080-lockscreen.jpg'); background-size:cover; [/class] [class=text] color:black; background-image:url('https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Pergament.0.jpg'); background-size:100%; margin:0 auto; width:70%; border:2px solid black; padding:1%; [/class]

• [div class=outter][div class=truebak][div class=top][div class=emblem]
    token_1-png.582787
    [/div]
    E'Lania Treeance

Half-Elf, Lvl 1 Shadow Sorcerer Lvl 2 Abjuration Wizard (1228/2700 XP)[/div][div class=left style="position:relative;top:-490px"]
    1546913047179-jpg.584157

Hit Points:
    Statuses:
    N/A
    Spell Slots:
    1st- □□□□
    2nd- □□
    [/div][div class=right]
    [div class=text] As I witnessed orc tumble to the side with his face half-melted, scents began pouring into my nostrils, no, they were already there and I just hadn't realized it. It was if my mind was finally aknowledging the mutilated corpses in front of us, the bits of blood, flesh and bone splattered on the grass and the moans of the gnome that had come running in our direction. Looking at the poor thing, I couldn't help shivering a little, rubbing my shoulders with one arm crossed over the other. It was hardly the first time I had seen death, but nomatter how many times I did, the picture of such brutality lying there before me, the stench it was producing as the useless remains they were, a picture of my own corpse in place of those flashed in my mind, lying there pale and torn to bits, burned, or partially melted by acid. I gulped.

I would soon have to go talk to Athaclenna, who'd gone to heal the gnome first for some reason, and also to that lump of metal who had been treating me like a stranger this whole time. Soon. I first made my way to Garroth, who was presently watching the forest, probably in search of any orcs that had somehow escaped us before or anything else called by the sounds of the battle. On my way, I took care to attempt to give a comforting smile and a small wave of my hand to Grath and his children, as if to say "everything's alright.".

"Do you perhaps see any others? Even if you don't, would you mind keeping watch for a little while?" I inquired Garroth after poking his scales to catch his attention. "I'm going to brighten things a little so just-"

My face turned into a frown when Athaclena asked everyone if there were any other injured. I immediately took a 180 degree turn, and marched right up to her, making sure to keep glaring and eye contact if we made it. I pratically thrusted my arm in her direction as I pointed to the gaping wound on her shoulder from where the orc pierced earlier.

"YOU! YOU! You are the one who is injured! You are the one who needs to get treated! None else matters! What are you doing? Get yourself treated first!" Ah, such poor speech, but these things needed to be said, and to be said now. What was it with this girl? She needed to take better care of herself. I just hoped the rest of our companions could properly protect her from now on, no, it was probably a mistake to rely on them too much. We just started and she was already wounded to this extent. Even if she could heal herself... I would have to keep an extra watchful eye on the little priest.

74565250_p0_master1200-jpg.584173
    [/div][/div]
    [/div][/div]

Spells
Cantrips: (7)
*Mage Hand (Wizard)
*Blade Ward (Wizard)
*Acid Splash
*Mending (Sorcerer)
*Mold Earth
*Shape Water
*Thunderclap (Sorcerer)

First Level: (10)
*Witch Bolt (Sorcerer)
*Protection From Evil and Good (Sorcerer)
*Mage Armor (Wizard)
*Shield (Wizard)
*Sleep (Wizard)
*Identify (Wizard) (Ritual)
*Snare (Wizard)
*Comprehend Languages (Wizard) (Ritual)
*Unseen Servant (Wizard) (Ritual)
*Alarm (Wizard) (Ritual)

Items
Equipped:
*Arcane Focus - The transmutation stone she swallowed came to be her arcane focus, currently inside her body.
*Quarterstaff (1d6 bludgeoning simple melee, versatile- 1d8 bludgeoning)
*2 Daggers (1d4 pierceing, simple finesse, light, thrown)
*Backpack
*2 Sacks
*Spellbook - Floating Spellbook
*Fine Clothes

Currency:
40 GP
8 CP

Carrying:
*Black Ink
*Quill
*letter from a dead colleague posing a question you have not yet been able to answer
*Bedroll
*Mess Kit
*Tinderbox
*10 Torches
*10 Days of Rations
*Waterskin
*50 Feet of Hempen Rope
*Alchemist's Supplies
*25 Paper Sheets
*8 Darts
(note: took explorer's kit)

Trinket:
21- "A tiny gnome-crafted music box that plays a song
you dimly remember from your childhood"

Interactions: Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood WlfSamurai WlfSamurai (Grath and his children)
Mentions: BnemonicDevice BnemonicDevice WlfSamurai WlfSamurai (the gnome)
Might Also Want to Read: N/A

Garroth points with one of his hands at the little gnome faces and the man with them. "We have company. There." He ignores the interaction between E'Lania and Athaclenna, instead focusing on the stranger in the woodline. "Who goes there? Identify yourself!"

Athaclenna shies back from E'Lania and her angry tirade. "It's not bad, and this man was hurt worse than I am." She raises up her hands to ward off another shout. "But I'll heal myself now." She closes her eyes and murmurs another silent prayer, and in a moment, the wound to her shoulder seals up and fades away. Athaclenna mumbles out in a tiny voice, "See? I'm all better." Her eyes give off an unspoken apology for getting hurt.
Channel Divinity to restore my -6 points.

Hit Points: 25

Spell Slots
Chanel Divinity: 15 pts / 3

--Quiver with 20 Arrows

Zu quickly and quietly follows after Garroth, to give the dragonborn whatever assistance he may need, with only a chirp and whistle to let him know that he was there.

For now, the fighting seems to have stopped, the focus turns towards the wounded - as well as the woods around them, of course, as more, perhaps less threatening movements can be seen. The drow nods in Grath's direction as he asks if it is over, and simultaneously indicates that the man might still wish to stay in cover. After all, Garroth seems to have noticed something... Xav prepares himself for what might come, grabbing another arrow from the quiver and readying himself to fire if needed; you never know what else roams through these forests.

The towering robot, seeing as the fight died like the orcs at his feet. “Rest now. You will fare better asleep like that,” he muttered.

He trudged towards the clamoring elves who were bickering amongst themselves. He was curious as to why they were in such dire straits. “Couldn’t. You. Just. Replace. Your. Broken. Parts?” he asked. “Why bother. Mending a broken arm. When you can. Get a new one?” he said, his words were slow and choppy, true to his machine like nature.

While he was awaiting their response, he observed whether or not he sustained any damage.

Idea Idea Psychie Psychie

[class=top] background-color:darkgreen; color:white; border:3px solid black; text-align:center; border-bottom-left-radius:25%; border-bottom-right-radius:25%; width:84%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=emblem] width:15%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=outter] border:14px solid; border-image:url('https://42customfabric.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Elven-Mail-Main.png') 40 round; [/class] [class=left] background-color:white; background-size:cover; width:31%; Display:inline-block; border-radius:25px; overflow:hidden; color:black; font-size:200%; [/class] [class=right] width:68%; Display:inline-block; [/class] [class=black] background-color:black; [/class] [class=truebak] background-image:url('http://getwallpapers.com/wallpaper/full/b/c/e/1291430-fantasy-background-1920x1080-lockscreen.jpg'); background-size:cover; [/class] [class=text] color:black; background-image:url('https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Pergament.0.jpg'); background-size:100%; margin:0 auto; width:70%; border:2px solid black; padding:1%; [/class]

token_1-png.582787
    [/div]
    E'Lania Treeance

Half-Elf, Lvl 1 Shadow Sorcerer Lvl 2 Abjuration Wizard (1228/2700 XP)[/div][div class=left style="position:relative;top:-350px"]
    1546913047179-jpg.584157

Hit Points:
    Statuses:
    N/A
    Spell Slots:
    1st- □□□□
    2nd- □□
    [/div][div class=right]
    [div class=text] E'Lania growled a bit at that girl's response.

"That doesn't-" But she was interrupted by Athaclenna raising her hands, and telling E'Lania she would heal herself now. The half-elf's frown didn't quite go away, but seeing Athaclenna take her hand to her shoulder and murmuring that prayer did give her some relief. She sighed. "Fine, fine. You are quite the kind girl Athaclenna. But you need to take care of yourself. FIRST. Nomatter how many hurt there may be, you can't help them all, you are only one elf. And you won't even be that if you let their pain distract you from tending to yourself. How are you going to help them if you let yourself become like those?"

E'lania pointed towards the orc's corpses laying on the ground, just as dead as they looked. If she had her way, Athaclenna would take a good, long look at those, and burn into her mind the importance of her own survival. Things didn't tend to be so convenient though. For instance, a certain overgrown can walking into their conversation and asking an entirely innapropriate question...that E'Lania hadn't really considered. What if they DID replace our limbs? It might be possible to live a lot longer that way, provived the cutting and healing was done right. Then again, how 'alive' would we be then? Besides...

"It's not like we can figure out how to make some eternal material like whatever you're made out of, even if we could reasonable put ourselves into a body like that. You know I couldn't figure it out in the end." E'Lania glared at the robot, then "hmphed" without giving him a chance to reply and turned around to go see whatever the fuss Garroth and the birdie were getting stirred up about was, standing near the bird and dragonborn mentally preparing herself to cast a protective spell at the first sign of trouble.

[/div][/div]
    [/div][/div]

Spells
*Mage Hand (Wizard)
*Blade Ward (Wizard)
*Acid Splash
*Mending (Sorcerer)
*Mold Earth
*Shape Water
*Thunderclap (Sorcerer)

*Witch Bolt (Sorcerer)
*Mage Armor (Wizard)
*Shield (Wizard)
*Sleep (Wizard)
*Snare (Wizard)
*Alarm (Wizard) (Ritual)

Items
Equipped:
*Arcane Focus - The transmutation stone she swallowed came to be her arcane focus, currently inside her body.
*Backpack
*2 Sacks
*Fine Clothes

Currency:
40 GP
8 CP

Carrying:
*Black Ink
*Quill
*letter from a dead colleague posing a question you have not yet been able to answer
*Bedroll
*Mess Kit
*Tinderbox
*10 Torches
*10 Days of Rations
*Waterskin
*50 Feet of Hempen Rope
*Alchemist's Supplies
*25 Paper Sheets
*8 Darts

Trinket:

Interactions: Psychie Psychie BnemonicDevice BnemonicDevice
Mentions: Sherwood Sherwood D. Rex D. Rex
Might Also Want to Read: Blargaristic Blargaristic

Athaclenna looks crestfallen at the comments being made to her by E'Lania. "I'm sorry. I will try to remember that in the future, but my calling to help those in need is one I cannot ignore, and I was in no danger. Let us put that aside for some other day." She looks down at the now healed gnome and gives him a smile. "Its ok. We are friends. There is no need to be afraid. Can you tell me your name?"

The giant tin can would have frowned if he were given the fibers to do so. "I had knowledge of that...?" he pondered. The robot, in his musings, saw that he was still bloodstained after beating to death two Orcs rather comically, for him, it just took a swing of his hammer. Time to clean up, he thought.

The afterglow of his religious marks began to fade away once again, his internal mechanical whirring began to cool down. As he slowed, he assumed a sitting position, where he would not have to exert himself as hard as if he would in a fighting stance. In his left hand, a puff of steam exited his left arm, leaving it dull and dark, as he pulled his arm clean off. He took a moment to eye up what he'd have to take care of. He reached for his backpack, and reached for a cleaning rag that seemed to be used often, and got to work, wiping off the blood on his arm.

Lorne holds his hands up, “Hold Dragonborn, I mean no harm! My name is Lorne and, while I am armed, I do not plan on using my weapons on you lot.”

Scanning the area, Lorne can sense he missed the skirmish just by a hair. “I was just leaving a settlement nearby when I heard a commotion in the adjoining forest. I couldn’t help but to follow what sounded like a skirmish. But it looks like you all have it under control.” He stiffens, “It seems you have some wounded...can I be of assistance?”

Garroth looks over Lorne, trying to determine if he is a potential threat. Considering how many people there are here, it is unlikely that this man is enough of a threat to be able to face all here and win, and if he is, there is little that he can do about it.

Finally coming to a decision, he pulls out a towel to clean his blade. "If you would, I'm sure that your assistance in treating the wounded would be welcome. I see that there are others in the trees with you. Please, come forth. We are not here to hurt you." Turning his head to direct his words back towards the campfire, he says, "My friends, we are about to have a few guests come out of the trees."

Nodding his head, Lorne looks over his shoulder "Friends, these folks here are not your enemies. It is safe to come out from behind the trees."

A peculiar bunch, Lorne thinks to himself as he walks towards the group and a young Gnome from behind the trees follows close by. "Ah little one, it seems your father is alive and well," pointing to the Gnome being attended to by the wood elf.

"While it is not my place to be asking questions, but what brings you to this forest? It can be full of unsettling characters and criminals that prey on passing travelers."

Having been healed by Athaclenna, the gnome who previously had been shot down by an orc arrow sits up. He smiles wide and claps his hands. “I feel better than ever!” He turns to you, Athaclenna, and nods. “Thank you so much! I thought I was going to die. Not anymore! Woo!” He leaps off the ground and kicks his heels together.

Seeing this, the gnomes behind the trees exchange a look and then, all at once, dart out and tackle their friend in a pile of hugs.

Amid the pile, you all can see two women, another two grown men, and three children—one girl and two boys. All of them look dirty and starved. Despite this, they all giggle together as they embrace.

When they eventually pull away, they look to you all.

“Thank you,” the older of the two gnome women says. “Thank you so much. They had taken us captive thinking we could help them with the nearby ruins. We weren’t giving them the answers they wanted, as you can see. Thank the Gods you all were here when we made our attempt to escape.”

token_1-png.582787
    [/div]
    E'Lania Treeance

Half-Elf, Lvl 1 Shadow Sorcerer Lvl 2 Abjuration Wizard (1228/2700 XP)[/div][div class=left style="position:relative;top:-400px"]
    1546913047179-jpg.584157

Hit Points:
    Statuses:
    N/A
    Spell Slots:
    1st- □□□□
    2nd- □□
    [/div][div class=right]
    [div class=text] Athaclenna's dismissive attitude towards her own danger wasn't exactly pleasing to E'Lania, but she had other things to think about now, so she would have to be content with the fact that the girl apologized. She readied herself for anything, prepared to fire her magic at a moment's notice even after the person in the woods announced they "didn't plan on using their weapons on us" and "were not our enemies". They had just gotten raided by a group of orcs, trusting a random figure popping out of the shadows just because they shouted peaceful words would be utter foolishness. So, when he asked about the wounded from our squirmish with the orcs, this was the perfect chance for them to be a little intimidating. E'Lania stepped forward. Show no weaknesses.

"Actually, if I may interject, I believe our wounded have already recovered, thanks to Athaclenna's efforts. The wounded gnome has been treated as well." The half-elf stated, doing what she could to project her voice towards the man in the woods. Now to adress his question. It was, after all, simple manners to first answer a question, before adding one of one's own. And the gnome's words certainly had given her something to be curious about. "We have various reasons to travel through these woods, an alliance of convenience one might say. But if you were to look for a common cause, that would be our hiring, I suppose."

"Now, what might this cave, that these gnomes had been referring to? What reason might the orcs have had for presuming you would be able to assist them in it, for what goal? Orcs may not be the most intelligent of races, much less a rational race by any means, but I do doubt even they would presume such a thing without any kind of basis." Were there any important caves or ruins around here? For an orc any kind of underground construction would probably be labeled a cave. E'lania rubbed a couple fingers on her forehead, racking her brain for anything she might remember about it.

[/div][/div]
    [/div][/div]

Spells
*Mage Hand (Wizard)
*Blade Ward (Wizard)
*Acid Splash
*Mending (Sorcerer)
*Mold Earth
*Shape Water
*Thunderclap (Sorcerer)

*Witch Bolt (Sorcerer)
*Mage Armor (Wizard)
*Shield (Wizard)
*Sleep (Wizard)
*Snare (Wizard)
*Alarm (Wizard) (Ritual)

Items
Equipped:
*Backpack
*2 Sacks
*Fine Clothes

Currency:
40 GP
8 CP

Carrying:
*Black Ink
*Quill
*Bedroll
*Mess Kit
*Tinderbox
*10 Torches
*10 Days of Rations
*Waterskin
*50 Feet of Hempen Rope
*Alchemist's Supplies
*25 Paper Sheets
*8 Darts

Trinket:

Interactions: Blargaristic Blargaristic
Mentions: WlfSamurai WlfSamurai (the gnomes) Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

“Well, I guess I am sorry I did not make it here sooner to assist,” bowing towards the Half-elf. Curious, Lorne thought. I don’t recall ruins in this area. Could these gnomes be referring to an abandon village of Drael, not too far from this location? Lorne knew there was nothing of importance there as it was a simple farm village destroyed many years ago by an evil Lorne knows to well...

A cold shiver crawls up his spin “Gnome, I know of no ruins in this forest either. Are there other groups of orcs we need to be worried about nearby looking for the same ruins?”

The gnome who had been previously shot with an arrow steps through the group of his friends. "Sorry, I never got the chance to introduce myself. I'm Harro. These were the only orcs, as far as I know. And yes, they're a bit far from the front. I don't know how the managed to get so far inland as a group. I had thought they wouldn't have been able to make it through the war front this far.

"Regardless, they were clearly sent on a mission for those ruins. On their way they passed through our village. They must have heard that I'm a Wizard, which I am. Just not the kind they were looking for. See, they wanted someone who could find a way through the magical seal of the ruins. I didn't have the faintest idea on how to help them, but that didn't stop them from torturing us to get what the wanted. No one's been through those doors. And I'd have thought no one ever would. But! They somehow had something no one else has ever had." Harro pulls a milk-white crystal from his pocket. "This. Every time it gets near the doors, the crystal and the doors glow. I still haven't figured it out, but they must have known something important is in there.

"Anyway, thanks for helping us. After I managed to make a move and get away, I figured I was a goner. I was just trying to make an opening for the rest to get away."

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie D. Rex D. Rex BnemonicDevice BnemonicDevice Idea Idea skycaptain skycaptain Silanon Silanon

token_1-png.582787
    [/div]
    E'Lania Treeance

Half-Elf, Lvl 1 Shadow Sorcerer Lvl 2 Abjuration Wizard (1228/2700 XP)[/div][div class=left style="position:relative;top:-400px"]
    1546913047179-jpg.584157

Hit Points:
    Statuses:
    N/A
    Spell Slots:
    1st- □□□□
    2nd- □□
    [/div][div class=right]
    [div class=text] "It is fine. If you'd come earlier,I might have attempted to put you down the way we did the orcs." E'Lania attempted to reassure the newcomer, waving my hand dismissively in front of me, but not without a subtle hint of a threat of course. "Do you have a name? Won't you come forward? Surely you needn't have me inform you that staying among the trees as if hiding does not give the most favorable impression of your person? Anyone would hesitate to trust one they can barely see."

It took me a few moments, but I managed to recall some ruins around the area. It hadn't been really figured out what they were, nor really properly digged into them, but it was estimated they had over double my age. According to the gnomes now, it had a magical seal, and the orcs were interested in it because of their war. Perhaps they suspected there was some kind of new weapon hidden within it? If that was the case, what other secrets could it contain? What if it contained the key to that deepest wish of mine, the very goal of my life's work? But the cheery on top of the cake of the information, was that we actually had a clue on how to open it, that crystal that glowed as it approached the caves. I approached the gnome that had it, and bent down a bit (not that I had to bend down much at all) , and gave them the most amicable, warmest smile I could muster.

"Would it be alright if I were to borrow the crystal? I've done a lot of magical research in my time. Perhaps I'd be capable of figuring the why of that glow from the doors. Whatever the orc's goal ight be, this might be worth investigating." As soon as I spoke those words, I recalled we were already under contract, however. I clicked my tongue, as I resigned to my own conscience: Close as my goal might be to potentially being attained, I still ought to keep true to my word first. "Well, perhaps once we've dealt with escorting Garm here."

[/div][/div]
    [/div][/div]

Spells
*Mage Hand (Wizard)
*Blade Ward (Wizard)
*Acid Splash
*Mending (Sorcerer)
*Mold Earth
*Shape Water
*Thunderclap (Sorcerer)

*Witch Bolt (Sorcerer)
*Mage Armor (Wizard)
*Shield (Wizard)
*Sleep (Wizard)
*Snare (Wizard)
*Alarm (Wizard) (Ritual)

Items
Equipped:
*Backpack
*2 Sacks
*Fine Clothes

Currency:
40 GP
8 CP

Carrying:
*Black Ink
*Quill
*Bedroll
*Mess Kit
*Tinderbox
*10 Torches
*10 Days of Rations
*Waterskin
*50 Feet of Hempen Rope
*Alchemist's Supplies
*25 Paper Sheets
*8 Darts

Trinket:

Interactions: WlfSamurai WlfSamurai (gnomes) Blargaristic Blargaristic
Mentions: WlfSamurai WlfSamurai (Garm)

The gnome who had been previously shot with an arrow steps through the group of his friends. "Sorry, I never got the chance to introduce myself. I'm Harro. These were the only orcs, as far as I know. And yes, they're a bit far from the front. I don't know how the managed to get so far inland as a group. I had thought they wouldn't have been able to make it through the war front this far.

"Regardless, they were clearly sent on a mission for those ruins. On their way they passed through our village. They must have heard that I'm a Wizard, which I am. Just not the kind they were looking for. See, they wanted someone who could find a way through the magical seal of the ruins. I didn't have the faintest idea on how to help them, but that didn't stop them from torturing us to get what the wanted. No one's been through those doors. And I'd have thought no one ever would. But! They somehow had something no one else has ever had." Harro pulls a milk-white crystal from his pocket. "This. Every time it gets near the doors, the crystal and the doors glow. I still haven't figured it out, but they must have known something important is in there.

"Anyway, thanks for helping us. After I managed to make a move and get away, I figured I was a goner. I was just trying to make an opening for the rest to get away."

The robot, finally complete with its cleanup, picked himself up, and returned to the scene of discussion. "Interesting, the bearded one has quite a tale," he noted out loud. He mused for a moment, recanting the tale to himself. He found himself stuck on this peculiar line:

"See, they wanted someone who could find a way through the magical seal of the ruins." Ruins? Magical Seal? An item to unlock doors? "I only ponder how they came to accrue this item, for its former users didn't seem very intelligent in its use. I'd imagine that a magical seal could only be defeated by magic..." he informed the gnome.

"Why not take us to this seal?" he asked, forgetting that he was bound to someone else already.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai (Harro)

Garroth sheaths his blade as he listens to the words of the gnome. "I am glad to have been able to help out, doing what I could." He continues to scan the tree line, wondering what might come of this glowing crystal and the ruins that have been there for so long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back