• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Dark Age of Empires(still accepting rp-ers)

[QUOTE="general ostruppen]
The Imperium of Man
latest

Motive(s): To unite man and others under the will of the emperor, to once and for all end the internal fighting within this world.

History: Eighty years ago the Imperium was never around. Instead in its place were seven small human nations, all of which had their own ambitions of world conquest. But before they did that they knew that the only way to ever have the first step in that path was to defeat their fellow neighbors. Out of all the seven nations only two had the large military strength to actually put up a fight and within a that one year only two nations remained. The first nation was to the east while the other was to the west. Both were content to fight each other to place their superiority over the other however they were both evenly matched. So for now they remained in a non-aggression pact and built up. Then when they both finally decided to fight each other, the result was a bloody and horrifying war. Both sides were suffering heavy casualties and it of course involved the population, no one was safe. The population were scared for their life as families and friends watched the one's they knew and loved be drafted off to the military, starve to death, or be killed in the worst ways. The people looked to anybody that would bring an end to this carnage, and some people went to drastic measures of joining cults or rebel groups. However just when the war would seem to explode on everybody, someone had arisen from within the region. A mysterious man had suddenly arrived with an army of 1,000, men who wore armor that made them look like holy warriors sent from the heavens, but they were beings that stood eight feet tall, strong, and fought with fury that no one could stop. There was even rumors that a few of these warriors had the ability to wield magic. When reports of both the nations armies being slaughtered by this mysterious opponent reached the kings. They decided to put their focus on this third opponent. However their armies were fatigued, the population hated both sides, and the treasurys were also being runned dry after trying to hire mercs. The population looked to this new army that had somehow been able to take on both the ruthless kings armies and gladly opened their arms to them. The man leading this army of holy warriors nicknamed himself Rurk. He had told the population that for many years he had traveled across the land and watched his people from the sidelines for many years. But after watching so many wars start and many nations falling and people suffering. He knew that he had to take things into his own hand, he looked to the people and promised that if he were to be made their Emperor, not only would their be peace, but a stronger nation. A nation that would outmatch the other mighty empires, a nation where his personal warriors would protect, a nation that would truly one day unite the world. Those who appose him shall face the taste of his hammer, those who dare to invade his people shall face his wrath. Rurks popularity got so far that even armies began to kneel before this man. Within a few months the majority of the people of both nations sided with the man who was considered more then a mere man but less then a god.

Trade: The Imperium only trades within its touching borders, and rely solely on trade. They are self-reliant and can sustain themselves of their economy.

Economy:
With the industrialization now just starting people from all over are flocking to cities. With that the farms are open for sale to the rich that are able to help produce more food with better methods, and with plenty of people working in the cities. The Imperium uses gold as its currency.

Technology/magic (cannot have an even amount of the two):
The nation for the most part is very lenient towards Technology. Having the Imperiums main military being given cannons, early model guns, equipment, and even the first steam tank which was personally constructed and came up by the Emperor. However it is still conducting through the prototype phase and is still awaiting for final results. The populace has also been introduced to the early phases of industrialization. The populace before the Emperor had come into power were still in the medieval tech but rapidly advance after the Emperor immediately started to focus on competing with other nations in tech. Magic is not very everyday life but it is not rare, at least for the military. The Emperor himself knows how to conduct magic and uses it and including his primarchs. He even used his magic to help construct an army of super soldiers which he used to create the imperium in the first place. Other then the emperor and his glorious personal military branch that he himself created, their are also a couple hundred mages that serve the Emperor in his quest for knowledge and improvement of technology and understanding of magic. The populace tho doesn't really touch that stuff.

Religion:
The Imperium doesn't tolerate any religion whatsoever, whether it be actually peaceful or full of evil all of such are banned. This is mainly do to the Emperor not believing in the superstition. Tho he acknowledges that there are such beings with immense power but does not bow to such. He himself with the accomplishments he has conducted make even himself look like a god by his people. In reply to this however he disavows that and only states:

"I am you and you are me, we are all but man. Reaching to accomplish the impossible and to bring peace to the world. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

Leader(s):
Only the Emperor soley rules the Imperium, but he of course has his Sons or "Primarchs" to help maintain the land.

latest

Capitol(s):
Mowell

Cities:

Glenarm, Haerndean, Tarmsworth, Garmsby, Falkirk, Wallowdale, SkegnesDalmerlington, Armagh, Stamford

towns:

forts:

Fort Ryre, Fort Walton, Fort Ardiham

castles (All castles belong to only Primarchs):

Most common race(s):
90% of the entire population consist of humans while 7% are dwarves, another 3% are catfolk.

Government type/description:
The government is soley dedicated and only ruled by the mighty Emperor himself. There are other government branches that deal with the population.

(optional) most hated race/empire:
Those who the Emperor proclaims to be the empires enemy are forever hated within the empire. Demons, savage orcs, dark elves, and feral werewolves. Basically any that are considered to be leveled as evil/chaotic are the most hated. Corruption and chaos are frowned upon and will smited by the Emperors hammer.

Most notable cities/towns/castles/bases/forts:

34zx7c3.png

Culture(s):

Military:

The backbone of the Imperium, a weapon that both protects and bashes its foes back to oblivion. This military branch consist of the basic troops that deal with the frontline battles, consisting of swordsman, crossbowmen, gunners, spearmen, heavy cavalry, and of course the artillery units. All those who are capable of fighting, whether man, woman, or another race who serve the Emperor are all capable of being drafted. There are also some mages that help to inspire troops or to deal damage to the enemy. There are also the brave and charismatic commanders out on the battlefield that help turn the tide with just sheer words and action. But of course if that doesn't work, there always the commissars that can change a soldiers mind. These so called commissars are men who have the utmost power of authority over anybody and even the generals (except primarchs). These commissars job are to keep the soldiers in check, execute traitors and cowards, and making sure that his troops fear him more then the enemy.This has proved to be very effective as the troops show to fight harder for the sake of their own lives. However they are only distributed when armies are shown to be failing in battle to many times or the army show signs of mutiny and traitorous acts. In case any mages or mystical creatures try to mind control him he is protected with a holy seal that is tattooed on his/her backside of the head. Even tho these commissars are ruthless to those who are cowardice or traitors, they tend to be very friendly or even risk to save those who are truly courageous in the face of the enemy/death and truly loyal to the Emperor.

Commissar

Gaunt.jpg

General (one of them

tumblr_mr9rm4wRXW1rn2yg0o1_1280.jpg

Artillery unit

latest

Heavy cavalry

knights.jpg

Swordsmen

latest

Spearmen

the_soldier_by_justaman78.jpg

Crossbowmen

bc1482cbd2cf3bc151da47d11d00ca4a.jpg

Gunners

latest

Main general(s):

Sir Kulton-Head of the Imperial Army

Morman polsken-General of the 1st Imperium army

Sylvia Antonit-General of the 2nd Imperium army

Yorvik Nyzokia-General of the 3rd Imperium Army

Caphriel-Primarch of the Fire Chapter (Legion I)

Uzziel-Primarch of the Water Chapter (Legion II)

Hadriel-Primarch of the Wind Chapter (Legion III)

Jalos Invivius-Primarch of the Earth Chapter (Legion IV)

Leoctus Nukios-Primarch of the Dark Chapter (Legion V)

Greratos Oriomeon-Primarch of the Light Chapter (Legion VI)

Kaldecht Rockbringer-Primarch of the Order Chapter (Legion VII)

Carnoec Steelblood-Primarch of the Chaos Chapter (Legion VIII)

Olorn Strongmane-Primarch of the Iron Chapter (Legion IX)

Yafridor Kanurus-Primarch of the Emperors Wrath Chapter (Legion X)

Issalavech Thein-Primarch of the Alpha Chapter (Legion XI)

Amatrok Kos-Primarch of the Blood Angel Chapter (Legion XII)

Penial-Primarch of the Raven Guard Chapter (Legion XIII)

Rahmiel-Primarch of the Wolf Chapter (Legion XIV)

Mordigael-Primarch of the Thousand Sons Chapter (Legion XV)

Navy:

Main captain(s):

Sir Carton-Head of the Imperium fleet

Ayyy, Warhammer 40k!!

If you don't know what that is . . . Uh, just forget I ever said anything. ( :P )

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Darth Gangsta]Ayyy, Warhammer 40k!!
If you don't know what that is . . . Uh, just forget I ever said anything. ( :P )

[/QUOTE]
All hail magnus and his thousand sons

[QUOTE="Sauron The Deciever]Umm how do you high light areas of the map so your empire may claim?

[/QUOTE]
save as the map I provided, use it on paint. Then click on the pale that labels "fill in" and just pick whatever color and fill in those blank spots

[QUOTE="general ostruppen]save as the map I provided, use it on paint. Then click on the pale that labels "fill in" and just pick whatever color and fill in those blank spots

[/QUOTE]
Can I get some kind of link to it...

No i don't but since my kingdom is up north I was trying to highlight the lands northwest next to the untiled territory (the dark gray) where a river or dark line separates it from southern territory

[QUOTE="Sauron The Deciever]No i don't but since my kingdom is up north I was trying to highlight the lands northwest next to the untiled territory (the dark gray) where a river or dark line separates it from southern territory

[/QUOTE]
If yah want I can help make it real quick

[QUOTE="Sauron The Deciever]Thank you and i'm sorry for the trouble (' :) )

[/QUOTE]
No sweat I'll send private message to yah to see if it suits yah

[QUOTE="Darth Gangsta]Ayyy, Warhammer 40k!!

[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="general ostruppen]All hail magnus and his thousand sons

[/QUOTE]
FOR THE GREATER GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODD!!!

[QUOTE="Comrade Wubzin]
The threat within the realm of corruption
King Slarne, lord of demons, sits upon his throne in the realm of corruption, realm of demons. With his titanic, sinister golden sword to his right. He observes a magical map of Eidan, showing the activity of the empires. His fiery eyes are set on the island nations, seeing as they had just recently been created. "My lord, when shall we strike them?" His apprentice, Khornesh, asked as he knelt before his lord, his greatsword and shield in his hands. Slarne chuckled and stood up before walking over to his student. "We will strike soon, my apprentice. Prepare the hordes to create decimation portals, we'll invade by the thousands. My weapon will allow my to handle all that aren't human, yours are made to handle humans. Good luck, my student." He explained as Khornesh chuckled.

On the islands, demonic rifts appear in isolated locations within the borders of the empires, villagers from isolated villages report that their villages have been raided by thousands of demon soldiers.

But, beyond the north eastern borders of the imperium, hundreds of demon portals appear. "My lord, this is a good idea. The imperium lives up to it's name and goals, if we take it down, the other empires will be easier to handle." Khornesh said before leading the hordes to the walls of the northern-most imperial city.

Tunneling underground, demon soldiers burst through the ground within the safety of the dwarven underground cities, attacking from within the borders of the isolated empires.

[/QUOTE]
Since the demons are also attacking the dwarves would it be a good time to jump in.

Darth Gangsta] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/35144-comrade-wubzin/ said:
@Comrade Wubzin[/URL] I'm also having trouble putting my region on the map. Is it all right with you if I ditch that factor? . . .
sure, just say the location

Oh my God, thank you so much! I've never met such a nice GM.

I want it to be in the south-easternish area. Note about 98% of the area is desert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back