• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

DARC

His Royal Highness, Prince Adam Roger Flint of the Isles of Vura. || Arie Malone. Personal Assistant to Crown Princess Gayle Atkinson of the Isles of Vura.

Arie had been watching the Prince out of the corner of her eye for a while, and she wasn't at all surprised when he finally fell asleep and dropped face first into his stew. She frowned, glancing around to see if anyone noticed, and since most of the table seem preoccupied she returning to her own bowl. It wasn't her responsibility, and it wasn't likely he'd drown.

Kloude. Property of Crown Prince Ray Carter of Sakala

"Zina," Kloude said with a frown, "I can take her to her room if you'd like to finish."

Her Royal Highness Ariana Carter, princess of Sakala | His Royal Highness Ray Carter, Crown Prince of Sakala
"Yes, thank you, but just a second." Zina shifted her attention from Aria and Kloude over to Ray. "Excuse me, your highness?"
Ray glanced over, his eyes pausing for a moment on Aria before finally landing on Zina. "Mmm?"
"Would you be kind enough to lend Kloude to your sister? I'm still eating, but she needs to go to bed. Now."
"Oh, is that all. Yeah, go ahead, try to make sure she doesn't get herself killed." That taken care of, Ray fully returned his attention to his own stew.
Zina rolled her eyes slightly before turning her attention back to Kloude. "Go. Shoo. Make sure she doesn't pass out in the hall."
Aria frowned at Zina as she got up, pausing to wait for Kloude before she left the hall.

<><><><><><><>

Alejandro Guerra, personal servant of Prince Adam Flint
Ale glanced over when the prince dropped face first into his bowl of stew. He rolled his eyes, reaching over to calmly lift the prince out of the bowl and set him gently back down on the table so that at least he wouldn't drown before Ale woke him back up. If Adam was going to nap now, there was no real reason for Ale to rush, anyway.

Friday, The twenty-fourth day of March, In the seventy-fifth year of the New Age.
Morning, just past dawn.
West Wing, Third Floor, Woman's Bedrooms.

Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Carduus Matrem Terra of Delva.

Carduus awoke to the sound of a small crash followed by a yowl of pain, something being knocked over by her cat as per every morning since they'd moved into Karnse Castle. "Emiline! If that isn't cleaned up soon-" she was cut of by a quiet knock on the door.

"Your Highness," came a loud voice, "You are expected in the dining hall soon, lessons begin this morning, and you have ceremonies to do before the day begins."

With a low groan, Carduus lifted her head from the pillow and called out again, "Emiline! Get in here!"

A Daughter of Bartinu, High Priestess of the Order, Leaena Davies.
Leaena was startled by a knock on her door, stunned that someone was awake so early beside herse;f. "Who is it?"

"Sir Raen, I'm in charge of the dorms, I was told to wake you early and offer you the chance to watch Her Highness perform some ceremonies this morning. It would also be a chance to visit the temple before the after meal tour."

"Her Highness? Which Princess are you referring to?"

"Oh! Apologies, Princess Carduus," Sir Raen corrected herself.

"Sounds amazing!" Lea said, throwing her door open, "I'd love to attend. Will many others be there?"

Sir Raen shook her head, grinning down at Lea's pants. "I- No, we- Only those who accept the invitation, others may wish to sleep in."

Sighing, Lea started down the hall, "I'm going to eat, thank you for the wake up call."

East Wing, Third Floor, Men's Bedrooms.

His Royal Highness, Prince James Jonathan Stimson of Delva.
"Your Highness, up! Morning ceremonies before lessons, and you can avoid the mess breakfast will be if you attend the earlier one," Sir Illis yelled through the door.

"Professional as always," James muttered into his pillow. "Go away Illis!"

"Your sister is expecting you."

James grunted, but rolled out of bed. "Compelling argument. I'll be downstairs soon."​

Emiline Sietta, Servant and Companion of the Crown Princess
Emiline woke up with a start the first time her name was called, stumbling out of bed and crossing over to her wardrobe as quickly as possible for someone who was still half asleep. She fumbled her way into pulling her dress on, and had almost finished lacing herself in when Her Highness yelled for her a second time. The curses that left her mouth at that were far from ladylike, but at the moment she didn't really care. "Just a moment, Your Highness!" She finished with her clothes, and smacked herself in the face a couple times to finish waking herself up before opening the shared door between their rooms, giving a slight curtsy as she crossed the threshold. "What do you need?"

<><><><><><><>

Quinn Jackson, High Priestess of Rego Sabloj
The first knock at the door didn't stir Quinn from her sleep. The second, louder knock managed to make it's way into her dream. It wasn't until the third knock that she was finally dragged, miserably, into consciousness.
"Yes?"
"Ma'am? It's Sir Raen."
"Mmmm." Quinn stretched, letting a quiet yawn escape her before sitting up. "Is something the matter?"
"Ah, no. You've been invited to wake up early for breakfast and to watch Her- watch Princess Carduus perform some ceremonies. It'll also give you an opportunity to see the temple space before the tour."
"I see. Sounds fun." Quinn's attempt to sound chirpy and awake fell flat as she stifled a yawn. She got out of bed, rubbing sleep from her eyes as she crossed over to her wardrobe. "Thanks for waking me up! I should be down to eat shortly, I just... need a moment."
"Of course."

<><><><><><><>

Alexandra Sietta, who followed her sister here
A fist hammered against the door, startling Alex awake. "Alexandra, get up."
The girl groaned, rolling slightly so she could glare at the closed door. "Very polite, Raen. Go away."
"Nope! Come on Alex, get up or you'll miss morning ceremonies."
"Fiiiiiiiine." Alex rolled out of bed with a huff, focusing her glare more intensely on the door before she remembered the woman wouldn't actually be able to see her. "I'm out of bed, you can go away now."
"Don't go back to sleep!"
Alex rolled her eyes, repeating the knight's words in a mocking tone as she grabbed for the nearest dress from her wardrobe. It was going to be a long day.

<><><><><><><>

Her Grace, Ana Bishop of Delva
Ana woke up with a groan when Nokto started barking at the door, just a second before the knock actually sounded.
"Your Grace?"
Ana rolled out of bed, stumbling over to the door to try and calm down the dog. "Yeah, I'm up."
"Time for breakfast and morning ceremonies. Classes start today as well."
"Wonderful. Just what I wanted." Ana yawned, scratching behind Nokto's ears as she glanced at the door. "Thanks for waking me, Raen." She waited for the footsteps to fade away before calling out, "Lena! If you're not wake yet, you should be!"

"Robes," Carduus grumbled, face smushed back into her pillow, "And a dress for after the ceremonies. Also Dyrmyk broke something, clean it up."

West Wing, First Floor, The Dining Hall.

Leaena watched the kitchen staff potter around half asleep, setting out bowls of pale mush she'd assume was horse food if a bowl wasn't placed in front of her. "Ah, this is-?"

"Porridge," one of the men told her, before disappearing into the kitchens again.

Frowning down at the bowl she poked the sludge with her spoon. It didn't look very appetizing.

"They'll bring out some syrup soon, as well as honey," James said, in place of of a morning greeting.

At her confused look, he clarified, "It sweetens the porridge. I know it's probably not what you're used to but it's standard breakfast here. We're just fortunate enough to be able to afford sweeteners."

"Of course, Your Highness." Emi crossed over to the wardrobe, easily finding the robes and pulling them out. She hung them over her arm before continuing to peruse the princess's clothes, selecting a deep purple dress before she shut the wardrobe again. "Here are your robes, Your Highness. Let me know if you need any help." With that, Emiline laid out the dress on one of the chairs for later and shifted her attention to what the cat had broken: a water pitcher. She shot a faint frown in Dyrmyk's direction before kneeling down to begin picking up the pieces.

<><><><><><><>

Quinn, having struggled her way through putting one of her heavier dresses due to exhaustion, made her way back down to the dining hall where she found several people already sitting, Lea included. She dropped into the seat beside the other priestess with a sigh, barely even acknowledging when the staff placed a bowl of.... something in front of her, outside of a nod. "Leaena, how are you even alive right now."

<><><><><><><>

Alex managed her way into the kitchens as quickly as she could, still being met by the somewhat disapproving stares of the brothers. "You're late."
The redhead managed an apologetic expression on her face as she ducked into a curtsy. "Sorry, Karte."
"Well? Get to work, you can eat after everyone else has been served."

<><><><><><><>

Ana let out a groan as she finished struggling into her dress, doing her best attempt at a stretch. She leaned down to give Nokto another scratch behind the ears, mumbling a quick "Wish me luck, baby," before she straightened up. "Alright, Lena, let's go eat breakfast."

Carduus dragged herself up and out of bed slowly, grumbling the whole way and cursing as she struggled with the tangle of sheer silks that made up her robes. It took far too long to put them on, and and she was just as tired as when she started and much more irritated. Shuffling over to her and collapsing into thet chair, she snapped, "Emiline, hair, now." and started busying herself putting on all her jewellery.

"I changed my sleeping patterns a week before our travels," Leaena said, still poking at her 'porridge', "Our temples have many travellers, and they advised it. I would have sent the message along if I'd known you were to be here as well."

Emi had barely finished cleaning up the wreckage that had once been a water pitcher when Carduus had called her back over to do her hair. She got up quickly, with a, "Right away, your Highness," and crossed the room back over to the princess to start working on her hair.

<><><><><><><>

Quinn let out a tired hum in response, finally turning her attention to the bowl in front of her. She hesitated before bringing a spoonful up to her mouth, cautiously tasting the substance. Her brows furrowed slightly as she swallowed it, not entirely sure about the meal. "Huh."

James snorted out the barely disgusied sigh of relief Leaena let out when Alex appeared from the kitchens carrying a tray of sweeteners and some sliced pears. "Mornin' Alex," he said around a yawn, "Has my sister been down yet?"

"I don't think so. She's probably still getting her hair done or something." Alex's shoulder's tilted up in a 'I don't really care' shrug, stealing a pear off the plate. "She'll probably be down in a few minutes. You can't start the ceremony without her anyway."

<><><><><><><>

Ana stepped into the dining hall with a yawn. "Good morning Alex, James. And.... Leaena and Quinn?" She paused to make sure she hadn't accidentally misnamed the priestesses. "I assume the others will be down shortly?"

<><><><><><><>

Emi stepped back with a sigh, double checking the princess's hair to make sure it was all in order. "Alright, your Highness. Are you ready to go to the dining hall for breakfast?"

Leaena mumbled a greeting, already picking up the pot of honey and pouring a considerable amount on her breakfast. She didn't want to know what the porridge tasted like, and honey was always a favourite treat of hers. "I assume so too. So, Princess Carduus conducts the ceremonies, does she? I don't know much about your nations beliefs, so I'm very excited to be invited to see."

James shrugged, throwing some pear slices in his porridge and pouring some syrup over the top. "It's very different to Augan beliefs according to Dever. She usually doesn't attend, just goes to the room in the temple set aside for your gods to worship. Oh, and Cameron's in the library, Ana. Helping Haven with something before the day starts."

Carduus stood up, giving a final stretch and looking herself over in the mirror. "Everything seems in order, let's go and get breakfast."

Emiline nodded in response, accompanied with a quiet, "Of course, your highness," before opening the door to the princess's room and allowing the other girl to step out. She stepped out shortly after, giving a quick tug to make sure the door shut all the way before following the princes down the hall. Soon she'd get to sit down and eat and hopefully not talk to anyone too horrible until lessons.

<><><><><><><>

Ana hummed in response to James' mention of her brother, grabbing a pot of honey and pouring some into her bowl of porridge before taking a bite. "It's a nice enough ceremony. And it has great outfits, really. Just wait 'til you see." That slight amount of snark had barely passed her lips before the girl who's outfit she was referring to walked into the room, Emiline in tow. Ana shot a slight grin at Carduus before shoving another spoonful of porridge into her mouth. "There she is! Took you long enough."

<><><><><><><>

Alex walked back in just as her sister had entered the dining hall. She set the dish she was holding down before jabbing a vaguely accusatory finger at Emi. "You better save me a seat."
"... Don't you have work to do?"
"That's why you're saving me a seat."
"..... But don't you-"
"Emiline, I know where you sleep." She couldn't keep the edge of a growl out of her voice. Emiline let out a nearly inaudible sigh in response before finally nodding her assent.

Carduus sent a sleepy smile Ana's way, mumbling a greeting to the lot of them as she took her seat.

|||​

Leaena had only just started on her porridge as Princess Carduus walked in, it was disgusting and the honey did nothing to mask the taste, and proceeded to choke on the next spoonful when the girl took a seat across the table from her. The girl's outfit could barely be called that, and she really wasn't prepared for that much skin at the breakfast table.

Quinn lifted her head when the princess entered the room, blinking a few times before she realized that no, she was not having a weird exhaustion-induced hallucination, Carduus was just mostly naked at the breakfast table. She dropped her eyes to the table immediately, mumbling a greeting and thanking god for dark skin to hide the flush stealing into her face. She shoved another spoonful of the porridge into her mouth as a way to hide her own flustered reaction.

<><><><><><><>

Ana bit her lip to keep from snickering at the priestess's reactions. It wasn't exactly polite of her, she knew; from what she understood, their ceremonies involved a lot more, well, clothes. Still, it was kind of hilarious; they were so clearly unprepared for this. She expected that they, at least, would have had some idea of what was coming.

It took most of breakfast for Carduus to wake up properly, and it was an awkward breakfast at that. She'd expected some questions about the upcoming ceremonies, or at least light morning conversation, but the priestesses were very quiet. Once she was done she stood up, heading off toward the temple.

|||​

James rose slowly, stretching before following his sister. "Most of the staff will be there this morning, but you'll meet them officially later", he informed the priestesses.

|||​

Lea nodded, pushing away the half-eaten bowl of porridge. She was glad that Carduus had left the room because she had some questions. "Is there- Is there a reason she's so-" she floundered for the word, "Exposed?"

"Oh, you know. Just because." With that very helpful answer, Ana ate the last couple mouthfuls of her porridge before pushing her bowl away from her slightly and standing up to follow James. "I mean, that's just how it is, you know? Why do your ceremonies involve, I don't know, flaming bowls of sand, or whatever? Like, I mean, you know... When you... You and a bunch of other people... I mean.... You know....." Ana waved her hand vaguely, unsure how to word it without accidentally offending one of the priestesses.

<><><><><><><>

Quinn rose to follow them out the door, glad for the excuse to stop eating the porridge. And honestly, thank the gods for that, because Ana's question would have made her choke on her food. "... Can I ask why you think those things are involved in any of our ceremonies? Literally, any of them at all, why do you think those are involved?"

"You don't?" James asked, surprised. "I thought it was all-" here he waved his hands in a gesture similar to Ana's, "And fire and sacrifices."

|||​

Lea took a slow, deep breath. It was an open secret amongst the right circles who James' mother was, and she couldn't understand how she'd let him grow up with these bizarre misconceptions. Thankfully they were walked into the temple then, and her attention was drawn to the dark stone room. It was a little ominous.

There were benches close to the front of the room, in front of a sort of stage, and many seats were already taken with who she assumed were the servants.

Ana shrugged slightly, dropping herself into a seat next to her brother. She wasn't sure how he'd got here before her, unless he'd skipped breakfast, but she wasn't going to complain. He'd just have to eat with the rest of the families later, which to be fair she didn't think she'd wish on her worst enemy after last night, but it wasn't really any of her business.

<><><><><><><>

Quinn surveyed the room with more than a little bit of distrust. It was... creepy, to say the least. She took one of the available seats warily; sure, she was interested to see what the ceremony was like, but that was before her highness had come down half naked and she'd been brought to the temple. Now, she wasn't entirely sure she was going to like whatever she was going to see next.

His Royal Highness, Prince James Jonathan Stimson of Delva
"Don't speak once the ceremony starts," James said quietly to them, "Just follow everyone else's lead."

|||​

A Daughter of Bartinu, High Priestess of the Order, Leaena
Lea wasn't sure what she was expecting, though the cavernous temple and scraps the princess was wearing suggested some very ominous thing, but it wasn't Carduus walking to the centre of the stage with a bowl of snow and several baskets of tree branches and herbs. A moment later a man entered, who she thought might have been the one who welcomed her last night, carrying a lighted candle and what looked to be an oil burner.

As the oil burner was set up, candle placed beneath it, the room erupted into singing. It was something unfamiliar, sung in what she had to assume was Delvan, and eerie. It was also more than a little terrifying.

The ceremony was actually kind of boring after that. The bowl of snow was placed on the oil burner, melted, and then passed around the room for everyone to drink from as the princess lead them all in what Lea assumed was prayer. When the bowl made its way back to the stage, Carduus proceeded to light each branch on fire and wave it around in elaborate patterns conduct the room through another prayer before dousing the flames in what was left of the melted snow. Hopefully they didn't have to drink that.

Slowly, one by one, individuals approached the stage to converse quietly with the princess before she soaked a sprig of some plant in the ashy water and gave it to them. They left the temple after that.

|||​

Carduus waited until the room was empty of Delvans , bar herself and Emiline, and indicated to the two priestesses. "You can receive a blessing if you'd like," she said, switching back into allspeak. "If it'll be no offence to your Gods."

Quinn certainly wasn't expecting the ceremony she witnessed, but it was definitely a welcome surprise, considering the ideas her imagination had brought her. All in all, the ceremony was, while a little odd, peaceful. One could argue it was beautiful, even. Nothing like what she was used to, but then, she couldn't really expect it to be.
She was drawn out of her reverie when the princess spoke in allspeak, asking if she or Lea wanted to receive a blessing. Which was, of course, a problem in and of itself. On one hand, she was curious, and if she was going to observe the ceremony, she really ought to partake in as much as she could. Not to mention, it would only be polite. However, she wasn't sure she actually could accept a blessing from a goddess that her faith didn't even recognize. But if she wasn't a real goddess, was there any harm actually done? Besides, one could argue that their goddess was just another form of her own god. And if it was really a blessing from her own god, it would be perfectly acceptable to accept a blessing. With that assumption in mind, Quinn nodded her ascent. "I would like that, yes."

Carduus took a moment looking through the basket of herbs, pulling out a sprig of lavender and immersing it in the bowl and murmuring a quiet prayer. She handed the plant to Quinn with a small smile, "Let it dry, and then throw it in your fire before you sleep. The smoke will bless the room."

|||

A Daughter of Bartinu, High Priestess of the Order, Leaena

Leaena stayed near the back of the room, glad to watch this part in a language she could understand. When Carduus turned to her she shook her heard, declining the blessing. She wasn't risking upsetting the Gods just to indulge the worshipper of some make believe goddess. "I'm sorry, your Highness, but I can't accept the blessing of another goddess."

"I understand. Why not head back to your rooms? Someone will be by to collect you later for the tour."

Quinn accepted the lavender sprig from the princess with a smile, before being politely dismissed, with permission to go back to her bedroom, and hopefully get a quick nap in. Thank the gods. "Thank you for having us sit in, your highness." Quinn dipped her head in gratitude before exiting the temple, immediately on the warpath back to her room.

<><><><><><><>

Emiline let out a quiet sigh of relief when the priestesses finally left, going back to their respective rooms. Finally, she could get Carduus changed out of those clothes, and into something a bit more comfortable for both of them. "Are you ready to get changed, your highness?"

When it came time to wake the rest of the sleeping royals, Illis and Raen took a less polite approach than they had for those they'd woken earlier. They waited until half past seven, giving all the guests a chance to wake up at a reasonable time, before they each walked the corridors of the third floor ringing a hand-held bell.

|||​

His Royal Highness, Prince Adam Roger Flint of the Isles of Vura.
Adam jolted awake, tangling himself in his covers in an attempt to get up and find the origin of the noise that had woke him. "Alejandro!" he yelled, flopping back down in defeat, "What that hell is that?"
|||​

Kloude. Property of Crown Prince Ray Carter of Sakala.
Kloude groaned, lifting his head to look around the room. It was morning, he knew that, but it didn't feel like he'd rested at all. He dragged himself from the bed and walked to the door to investigate why a bell was ringing.

|||​

Arie Malone. Personal Assistant to Crown Princess Gayle Atkinson of the Isles of Vura.

Arie was awake, had been since the sun reached her window, and writing a letter to Oliver. She was planning to let Gayle sleep in for as long as possible. Whatever idiot decided to walk past and make a noise had ruined that plan.

Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Gayle Atkinson of the Isles of Vura
Gayle buried her head under her pillow with a low growl. Who thought it was a good idea to run around the halls making this kind of a racket this early? Didn't they realize they would wake everyone- Oh. Damn. This was definitely intentional. Didn't mean she was going to remove herself from her pillow anytime soon.

<><><><><><><>

Alejandro Guerra, personal servant of Prince Adam Flint
Ale hadn't been up long before the bell went off, followed shortly by Adam's yell. He raised an eyebrow at the question as he crossed his room to open the door. "I believe we call it a 'bell', your highness. Turns out they have them in Delva, too." He surveyed the prince with a bit of amusement, before continuing, "Would you like some help with the bedding?"

<><><><><><><>

His Royal Highness Ray Carter, Crown Prince of Sakala
Ray woke up to the clanging of the bell with a groan, grabbing his pillow and rolling under it in an attempt to block the sound. Unfortunately, it wasn't extremely effective. He ventured back outside into the real world with a grimace and a slew of curses, not bothering to speak allspeak at this point in the morning. "Kloude, what in the seven hells is going on out there?!"

<><><><><><><>

Her Royal Highness Ariana Carter, princess of Sakala
Aria woke up in a panic, thrashing and managing to tangle herself even further into the sheets before she realized it was just a bell. Somewhat calmed, although now very much annoyed, she buried herself deeper in the covers with a whine, waiting for whatever was going on to stop going on so she could go back to sleep.

<><><><><><><>

Her Royal Highness Raine Carter, Princess of Sakala
After waking up with a start and yelling a number of things that would have earned her an incredibly disapproving look from Aria, Raine was feeling awake enough that it was probably better to get ready for the day than to try and go back to sleep. Damn. She let out a long sigh, sitting up with a stretch. "Aleida, hurry up!"

<><><><><><><>

Kennedy Collins, favored slave of Princess Makeda Torruellas
Kennedy was awake immediately, rolling out of bed so she could struggle into her clothes before-
"Kennedy!!! "
The woman cursed under her breath, still trying to finish with her dress. "Coming!"
"Don't make me call again!"
"Just- just a moment, your highness!"

Arie Malone. Personal Assistant to Crown Princess Gayle Atkinson of the Isles of Vura.
With a sigh, Arie set her letter aside and headed into the princess's room. "Good morning, your Highness. I'm assuming that was our wake up call. I'll put together your warmest outfit for today, so take your time getting up."

|||

His Royal Highness, Prince Adam Roger Flint of the Isles of Vura.
"I know it's a bell," Adam said, with an exaggerated eye roll, "I want to know why it's being rung." He tried to sit up, but just tangled himself further in his sheets. He understood it was cold, but the Delvans had a ridiculous number of blankets. "...I'd appreciate the help."

|||​

Kloude. Property of Crown Prince Ray Carter of Sakala.
Kloude rubbed his eyes sleepily, ignoring the prince and peering down the corridor to see a guard ringing the bell and talking to a servant. He hoped this wasn't a normal morning routine. Closing his door, he crossed the room to push open the one connecting him to Ray's. "A wake up call, I think," he said. "Suns high enough, I'm guessing breakfast is being prepared."

|||

Alekkie Bell. Primary Slave of Crown Prince Chas Tourrellas.
Alek groaned, running a hand through his hair as he quietly argued with the guard. "I don't care who told you to ring the bell, I'm telling you that my Prince is ordering you to stop."

"And I'm telling you that your Prince can take it up with Madam Dever, because I don't answer to him."

"Please? Just, give it a rest for a moment before he throws something else at me. I have a job to do and-"

"i have a job too, and it's ringing the bell. Go do your own job and stop telling me how to do mine," Sir Illis snapped, and stalked off down the corridor. He was still ringing the bell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back