• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

DARC

Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Gayle Atkinson of the Isles of Vura
Gayle grumbled in response, lifting the pillow slightly so she could steal a glance at Arie. "Mmkay." With that, Gayle allowed the pillow to fall back over her face, rolling onto her side with another wordless grumble.

<><><><><><><>

Alejandro Guerra, personal servant of Prince Adam Flint
Ale smirked, already on his way over to help. "I assume they were ringing the bell to wake everyone up. Effective, if a bit rude." The man got to work untangling the prince from his blankets, humming to himself as he went.

<><><><><><><>

His Royal Highness Ray Carter, Crown Prince of Sakala
Ray groaned, dropping the pillow back on his head. "Why couldn't they have let us all rest? Everyone's been travelling for ages, you'd think they'd extend the courtesy of being allowed to sleep in to their guests." Another long-suffering sigh, before continuing, "Clothes, Kloude."

<><><><><><><>

Kennedy Collins, favored slave of Princess Makeda Torruellas
Kennedy got her clothing on in record time, before darting through the door to help Makeda with her own. She tuned out the princesses complaining and threatening with the ease of someone who'd been practicing for the past 10 years, and soon got the young woman into a reasonably decent state. If only she could fix the issues with her personality as well, but unfortunately, she was likely stuck with that issue.
"- listening, Kennedy?!"
"Hmmm."
"Gods above, you are an idiot. I was asking if you had the vaguest comprehension of who the hell got the bright idea to run down the halls waking everybody up in such an undignified way."
"Probably Madam Dever."
There was a moment following that proclamation where Ken could see Makeda's wheels turning, processing the information that she likely couldn't punish the cause of the early morning wake up, before finally, "... Damn her."

Arie Malone. Personal Assistant to Crown Princess Gayle Atkinson of the Isles of Vura.
Arie lay out an outfit for Gayle, before walking back into her room to finish her letter. If the princess needed her then she'd call, and if she fell back to sleep then Arie would wake her after the letter was finished.

|||

His Royal Highness, Prince Adam Roger Flint of the Isles of Vura.
Adam murmured a quiet thanks once Alejandro had helped him out, getting out of bed and stretching. "Do you think breakfast is ready, or will they just leave us waiting for ages like last night?"

|||

Kloude. Property of Crown Prince Ray Carter of Sakala.
"They said lessons started today," Kloude reminded him, as he went through the drawers to try and find the prince an outfit. He'd forgotten how cold Delva was, and looking through Ray's clothes now it was obvious that even with layers it wasn't going to help. Well, that wasn't his fault. Pulling out an outfit, he lay it out and turned to face the bed. "You're going to need warmer things."

|||

Gayle laid in bed for another minute after Arie left, before finally accepting that no, she likely wasn't going back to sleep anytime soon. With a groan, she rolled out of bed, crossing the room to where her clothes lay so she could get dressed. She slid herself into her clothing without any fuss, noting some of her warmer clothes had been chosen. Well, they weren't designed for the Delvan climate, but at least they'd offer a bit more protection than her clothing last night had.

<><><><><><><>

Ale busied himself with selecting some clothes for Adam as soon as the prince has been untangled. "Hopefully this morning they'll have learned their lesson and be ready to feed us quickly so the Augans can't yell at each other." He ended up selecting one of the warmer outfits he could put together without making the prince look like he'd dressed himself in the dark, continuing, "If you'd like, we don't have to head down right away. May give them some time to get breakfast served, as well as letting everyone finish fighting before we arrive."

<><><><><><><>

Ray sighed at that, waving his hand dismissively as he moved to sit up so he actually could get dressed. "Fine, yes, but nothing we can do about it right now. I'll just freeze to death, it's of no importance whatsoever." He tugged his shirt off, shivering in the cold of the room. "Let's just get this over with."

His Royal Highness, Prince Adam Roger Flint of the Isles of Vura.
"If we don't go they'll just keep ringing that awful bell," Adam grumbled, sending his bed a longing look. With a sigh, he stripped off his nightshirt and threw it aside before taking his clothes from Ale. "It might be warmer downstairs too."

|||

Kloude started back toward his room, already bored with the princes morning melodrama. He paused, glancing back at Ray. "Stand closer to the fire, so you don't 'freeze to death' changing."

Ale shrugged slightly, turning to leave the room. "Whatever you say, your highness. If you need anything else, you know where I am." With that, he headed back into his own room to get ready for the day.

<><><><><><><>

Ray made a face at Kloude in response, although he did take the other man's advice, moving closer to the fireplace before continuing to get changed. His stream of complaints throughout the process were unaffected by the fact that Kloude had left the room, happy to let his annoyance be known to the furniture instead.

8:30AM
The Dining Hall

Madam Dever stood in the doorway, frowning at the room. She hadn't expected everyone to be overly enthusiastic, especially after being filled in on the disaster that was dinner, but the despondent group at the table was a tad extreme. Some seemed exhausted, others just fed up, and it looked like almost everyone hated their porridge.

"Good morning everyone," she greeted. "I'm hoping you've all settled in. I know tensions were high last night, but I am sure you have all slept on it and are ready for the day to come. Your new schedules are as follows, please pay attention as I have no wish to repeat myself. Breakfast will be available up until 8:30, and your lessons begin at 9, lunch is from 12 until 1, and then lessons continue until 4."

Walking further into the room, the woman waved a hand to indicate the two knights standing to the left of the room. "Sirs Illis and Raen will be guiding you on a tour this morning until lunch time, and then you will commence lessons. They guard your dorms, and will be available in their respective wings when needed. Are there any questions?"

(Sorry for the timeskip, but I've been struggling to get a post for this for ages and I think a fresh start helped.)

Her Royal Highness Ariana Carter, princess of Sakala | His Royal Highness Ray Carter, Crown Prince of Sakala | Her Royal Highness Raine Carter, Princess of Sakala
Neither of the three looked anywhere near awake; Aria wasn't even bothering to lift her head off the table. Zina looked the royalty over with a sigh; she'd already taken her personal victory in managing to get Ariana to the table, and there wasn't any use in trying to get any of the three to even pretend they were listening. She took note of what Madame Dever said about the schedule in their stead, so she could remind Aria when she was actually capable of comprehending, probably around lunchtime.

Kennedy Collins, favored slave of Princess Makeda Torruellas | Danielle Wylde, personal servant of Princess Ryann Torruellas​
Kennedy didn't have to look to know neither princess were paying attention; Honestly, they wouldn't bother even if they were wide awake. She and Danny exchanged a glance before returning their attention to Dever, praying to any god who was listening that neither girl would have any questions later.

Gayle lifted her head from her hands, leveling a tired stare at Dever, starting straight into her question without pause. "Is every dinner going to be like... Last night. Or is there any alternative options for that." She was specifically hoping for 'Yes, you can eat by yourself in your room', but considering the schedule laid out so far she wasn't sure they were going to be given that option.

Last edited:
Dever frowned, and waved over the nearest of the kitchen staff to double check the times for dinner. "Thank you Princess Gayle, that had slipped my mind. Dinner will be available between 6 and 8, so you may come to the dining hall at any point to eat. More formal dinners will be held on special occasions. If that is all I'll be on my way and your tour will begin."

When no one else spoke up, Dever left and Sir Illis came forward with a scowl. "Great, well I guess we'll start here. This is the dining hall, the kitchen is through the back there," he waved a hand at the door, "You'll have seen the staff last night, and this morning. Certai, Karte, and Tanen are the men and the woman is Alexandra. If you'll all stand we'll move on."

With a sigh Kloude rose, and gave Ray a not so gentle poke in the side. He hoped that the tour wouldn't really take until lunch, or he'd be dealing with complaints all day. "Come on, sire. We need to go."

Ray grumbled as he stood up, patting Raine's arm lightly before turning to his other sister and basically lifting her to her feet before unceremoniously dropping her, allowing her to make the decision whether or not she was gonna fall. Or, well, he would if Zina hadn't immediately gone to support her with a raised eyebrow sent his way. He did have to feel bad though; Aria was barely awake enough to even frown at him. With a sigh, he surveyed the rest of the families slowly getting to their feet with a pretty similar amount of exhaustion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back