• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

DARC

SpaceCase

drinks coffee and cries

Welcome to the Delvan Academy for the Royals Children

we know the plot.

war.

chaos.

enemies.

romances.

so.

y'know.

the usual.

@Gupi

Thursday, The twenty-third day of March, In the seventy-fifth year of the New Age.

Evening, past dusk.

The Dining Hall.

Dever swept into the Dining Hall, somewhat lacking in her usual grace, behind her Carduus was dragging her feet and sulkily glaring at the woman's back. "Your Highness, your Graces, company," she said, with a quick nod to the royal children and their servants. The group were all midway through their meal, talking quietly and waiting for the new arrivals. "Master Clarke and I will be dining with your teachers, as usual, so I expect you will all introduce yourselves and be welcoming to our new attendees. Good evening children, I will see you after breakfast."

Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Carduus Matrem Terra of Delva.

Carduus dropped down into her seat, watching Dever hurry out of the hall before turning to her fellow Delvans. "I hate them all! Half of them ignored formalities, the Sakalans made Dever lose her temper, and the idiots were all dressed as if it were summer in Sarto. Only the Ventians were dressed for the cold, and honestly I thought Terre would have been much smarter than that."

Taking a deep breath she looked at her plate, scowl setting in place at the sight. "Stew? Again, our Earth does Dever's staff not know how to cook anything else? Emiline! Go make them cook something else!"

His Royal Highness, Prince James Jonathan Stimson of Delva.

"Emiline, just eat," James said, pushing his chair back and starting towards the kitchens himself. He completely ignored his sister's angry muttering. "I'll tell the kitchen staff everyoen will be down soon, so they can heat up the stew for them all."

His Royal Highness, Prince Adam Roger Flint of the Isles of Vura.

"Alejandro," Adam mumbled, face smushed into a pillow on his new bed. "This is one of the softest things I've ever lain on. Do you think they stuff it with wool? They probably stuff it with wool. I could lay here forever."

Their Graces, Lords Karter, Charles Edward and Thomas Christian, of Vento.

The twins surveyed their rooms together, deemed them adequate, and then left their servants to unpack as they headed off to find their cousin. Thomas lead the way, peering about and pointing out things of interest to his clearly uncaring brother. It seemed odd to have Aiden in a room far from their own but Charles supposed it was because he was a prince, and they held only peer titles. "Aiden!" Thomas cried when the room he peered in finally held his cousin. "Come to dinner with us, it will hurry the introductions a great deal."

Alekkie Bell. Primary Slave of  Crown Prince Chas Tourrellas.

Alek had to remind himself several times a day that punching his Prince would only get him killed, and now was one of those times. "I promise Your Highness, I will unpack everything when we return but I am as hungry as you are and would like to go to dinner as well."
"I think you're mistaken Alekkie," here Alek flinched but the Prince ignored it as ususal, "A slave wouldn't be present at such a formal dinner as this."
"I need to taste your food!"
"What?" 
Grinning to himself, glad that he'd thought of a way to get fed tonight, Alek explained. "Isn't this the perfect oppurtunity for enemies to attack your kingdom? The Sakalan and Ireoxn families are both down there, and could easily poision you. I need to keep Your Highness safe."

"You make a good point, you may join me then."

Arie Malone. Personal Assistant to Crown Princess Gayle Atkinson of the Isles of Vura.

Arie was in awe at the size of the room she'd been provided. It was the same size as Her Highness', and furnished almost identically, the clearest difference being that she had much fewer belongings to decorate it with. Giving herself a few minutes to really take in the room as she arranged all the things that had been sent ahead for her, the woman smiled to herself. Her son would love to hear about this. "Your Highness?" Arie called through the open door connecting their rooms. "Do you wish for me to unpack your things now or should we head straight to dinner?"

Her Grace, Lady April McCree of Dencue.

"Come along Irene," April said, glancing behind her at the servant closing the door. "I'm starved, and I'm sure Lily won't be long after us. Now, isn't it a surprise that they separated our rooms by gender. Mother will be pleased, she was terrified that the academy would have us sharing the same wing." She turned around to continue down the hall before gasping loudly. Just ahead a redhead was starting down the stairs and- "Irene! That girl is wearing pants, can you believe it?"

A Daughter of Bartinu, High Priestess of the Order, Leaena Davies.

Leaena had to bite back a giggle, smiling widely to herself as she skipped down the staircase. Was it really such a shock to everyone that she wore pants? They weren't uncommon in Tideu, honestly favoured by most women, and yet Princess Carduus had looked horrified when she introduced herself and already both maids had asked if she wouldn't prefer to change into a dress. The girl didn't own a dress, which made the whole situation that much more entertaining.  

(I AM MISISNG SOMEONE BUT I CANT WORK OUT WHO

Emiline Sietta, Servant and Companion of the Crown Princess

Emiline had already started to rise from her seat when the prince told her to sit back down, and while she may have technically not answered to him, she was willing to let him go with only mild protests if it meant she got to finish her stew before it got cold. "It really isn't that-" And he'd left. Emiline made a show of frowning before returning her attention to her meal, although she did lend half an ear to the princess's muttering.

Her Grace, Ana Bishop of Delva

"Honestly, Your Royal Highness, you shouldn't judge them so harshly. After all, they'd need to have common sense in order to have thought of that." Ana shot a grin at Carduus before shoveling another spoonful of stew into her mouth.

Alexandra Sietta, who followed her sister here

Alex glanced up at the sound of someones footsteps, although her hopes that maybe the princess had sent her twin down to "yell" at the kitchen staff again were smashed when she realized how heavy they were. She didn't think she was being too demanding for wanting to see her sister in more than the brief snatches she got during the day, even if she technically was only here on the princess's good graces. She raised an eyebrow at the prince as he entered the kitchen. "What does she want now?"

"Alexandra."

Alex resisted the urge to glare at whichever of the brothers had admonished her this time, instead making a slightly more gracious attempt of "And what would her royal highness like us to do now?"

Her Royal Highness Ariana Carter, Princess of Sakala

"I suppose it's dinner time, Zina?"

"Yes, your highness."

"And I'm expected to go?"
"Yes, your highness."

"... Is there any chance I could skip?"

While Aria wasn't able to see hr servant from her current position, face down on the bed, from the heavy sigh that question earned she could easily imagine the exasperated expression on Zina's face. "Ar- I mean. Your highness. I'm fairly certain that would be considered a breech in etiquette."

Aria lifted her face from her bed, frowning. "Mmm. Fine. You're coming with me then."

Zina raised an eyebrow at the redhead. "Not that I'm complaining, but may I ask why?"

"We both know my siblings are going to be too busy harassing people to notice if I need something, and I'd just as soon not have to jab Ray in the side in order to ask for something."

"... Fair enough."

Her Royal Highness Raine Carter, Princess of Sakala

"Your highness-"

"Shush, Aleida." Raine paced her room, glaring. "I can't believe him! Honestly, of all the stupid-"

"Your highness-"

"Not now, Aleida! Raya above, you'd think you'd have learned not to try and interrupt me by now!" Raine span around to glower at the girl, although her anger was tempered by the servant's flinch. "As I was saying before you so rudely interrupted, I am aware that the Iroexn prince should have recognized that his position relative to ours meant he should go later, that doesn't change that you never, and I mean never, interrupt when two parties are already formally greeting each other!"

"... Your Highness?"

"For the love of- What, Aleida?"

"I believe you're due at the dining hall?"

"... You are correct." Raine frowned, stopping to glance in the mirror and straighten out her appearance before turning back to the servant, glare still set firmly on her face. "I expect my things to be unpacked by the time I've returned."

"Yes, your highness."

His Royal Highness Ray Carter, Crown Prince of Sakala

Ray flopped back onto his bed, frowning. "I hate Chas Torruellas and I would like to stab him. Lightly, of course. With the respect that's fitting for a prince." He didn't even bother to wait for Kloude's response before continuing, "And I suppose either Aria or Raine are going to force me to apologize. Damn it. I don't want to, he isn't worth it, and I have better things to do with my time than ask for the pardon of a second-class prince."

Alejandro Guerra, personal servant of Prince Adam Flint

Alejandro glanced up from another of the prince's trunks, eyebrow raised. "While normally I'd be perfectly willing to let you stay there while I unpack, I believe you still have to attend dinner tonight before you can, as you said, lay there forever. My sincerest apologies."

HIs Royal Highness Aiden Hynes, Crown Prince of Vento

"Hmm?" Aiden glanced up to see his twin cousins peeking through the door. "Oh, of course. Just a moment." He glanced over to his servant, who was still busily unpacking. "You'll be alright, Alan?"
"Of course, your highness. I doubt they'll let the servants who are still working starve."

"Alright, I'll see you when I return." Earning a nod in response, Aiden joined the twins, although his thoughts remained slightly preoccupied with hoping that Lauryn didn't have any issues getting his little sister to the dining hall, as well as his concern that Alan would forget to make sure to get food; they'd been travelling a lot, and he didn't want the man to get sick.

Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Gayle Atkinson of the Isles of Vura

Gayle frowned at the ceiling, barely even bothering to pause and contemplate Arie's question. "I'm starving, so we're going now. Plus, if we show up early, maybe they'll let me leave early and I won't have to deal with anyone completely horrible for the rest of the day." With a heavy sigh, she swung her legs off the bed, pushing herself into a sitting position. "I assume you're ready to go?"

Her Grace, Lady Lily Missel of Dencue

"I am positively starving, Alice, and I'm sure April left without us, so can you please stop fussing over the state of my hair so we can eat?" Lily batted her servant's hands away from her hair once more, a pout displayed on her lips. "I look fine, and I saw a woman wearing pants earlier so everyone will be more focused on that than they will be on one misplaced curl."

"But-"

"No, we're leaving now." Lily headed out the door before Alice could protest any further, the woman following after her with a restrained frown.

Her Royal Highness Clara Reeves, Princess of Dencue

"I don't think I like Princess Carduus very much."

"And why would that be, your highness?"

"I'm not sure. But I don't like her."

"Well, Delva is allowing you to stay here, so I'd suggest keeping that to yourself."

"Hmmm." Clara frowned, fiddling with her hair as she considered that.

"You don't have to try to befriend her, your highness, just be civil."

"...Alright."

At that moment, Laura's head popped in through the door frame. "Clara, come on, I'm hungry and Kat said we had to wait for you before we could go to dinner."

Blake Lively, personal servant to His Royal Highness Jace Hawthorne

Blake enjoyed the room a lot, really, she did. She was less enthused about the fact that it was connected to the prince's. After all, all it took was him barging in at the wrong time for him to realize she wasn't a boy. Still, she popped her head through the door, head tilted quizzically as she surveyed the frowning prince. "Are you ready for dinner, your highness?"

"I still can't believe she's masquerading as a princess. Honestly."

Blake didn't need to ask who he was talking about. "Well, she was adopted into the Carter family, and they made her one."

"She's a lady."

"In Gatilar, yes."

"Why couldn't father take away her title? Honestly."

Her patience was wearing thin. Really, normally she couldn't care what he wanted to sulk about, or for how long, but she was starving. "Write him and ask. But for now, let's go to dinner."

" ... Okay."

Niamh Carrol, personal servant to Her Royal Highness Ainsley Hawthorne

"I'm hungry."

"I'm sure you are, your highness. Do you want to go to dinner?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, I'll finish unpacking-"

"No."

Niamh glanced up from the bags, surprised. "What?"

"You're hungry too."

"Well-"

"Niamh, let's go to dinner, you can unpack after, alright?"

Well, if she was going to be offered a break, she wasn't going to argue. "Well, alright."

Aislinn Carrol, personal servant to Her Royal Highness Delia Hawthorne

"Aiiiiiiiiislinnnnnnnnnnnn"

AIslinn glanced up from the bags, catching herself before she frowned. "Yes, your highness?"

"I'm bored."

"I'm sorry."

"And I'm hungry."

"Well, it is dinner time."

"I knowwwww. Let's goooooo."

AIslinn raised an eyebrow at the young girl. "You're alright with not having your bags unpacked by the time you're back?"

"Yes, Aislinn, let's gooooooooooo."

The redhead pushed herself back up to her feet with a groan, nodding. "Alright, whenever you're ready."

Kennedy Collins, favored slave of Princess Makeda Torruellas

"Why haven't you finished unpacking yet?!"

Kennedy stifled her groan, schooling her face completely stoic before she looked at the princess. "I'm sorry, your highness, I'm unpacking as fast as I-"
"Not fast enough! And to think I was considering allowing you to come to dinner."

That earned a reaction from Kennedy. "Your highness, please-"

"Finish your job, Kennedy."

"Your highness, I'm-" Kennedy winced slightly, as if the next words physically pained her. "I'm begging you."

"Begging me?"

"I-"

"Well. It's not often you beg, is it? Are you hungry?"

This was not a good sign. Kennedy decided to stay silent.

"Well, slave- if you want to eat..." Makeda leaned in closer then, her smile much too vicious despite how sweet she seemed to be trying to make it. "Unpack. Faster."

Danielle Wylde, personal servant of Princess Ryann Torruellas

Danny waited a good three seconds after Ryann had stormed out of the room, telling Dan that she could only come after she'd finished unpacking all her bags, before she started up the mocking whine. "Do this! Do that! Why aren't you moving at superhuman speed, Wylde?" Danny shook her head, removing the last contents of the bag. Thankfully, she only had one more after this, but it was infuriating sometimes, how awfully Ryann treated all the servants, herself included. Honestly, at this point the only reason she hadn't quit was because Kennedy didn't have the option of quitting, and the idea of leaving the other girl in the hands of Princess Makeda made her feel a little ill. Depositing the items in their proper places, Dan turned her attention to the last bag. 

Arryn Black, slave of Crown Princess Karole Ferdicco

As far as owners go, Karole was definitely not the worst Arryn had had. She forced herself to remember this as Karole sulked because "As Crown Princess, my things should have already been unpacked", as she whined at Arryn for not unpacking fast enough, and as she continually kicked her legs right as Arryn was trying to walk past. Granted, a few bruises certainly was not the worst she'd endured at the hands of her masters, but it certainly wasn't fun, either. Thankfully, she managed to get through the majority of the bags fairly quickly, at which point the princess decided her work was "satisfactory" and they could go to dinner. Thanks the gods.

Quinn Jackson, High Priestess of Rego Sabloj

Quinn considered putting off going to the dinner further by unpacking another bag, but she'd been putting it off for long enough that she knew it would just turn into another, and another, until they sent someone to fetch her and bring her to the dining hall, so she might as well spare them the effort and go herself, and go before she was risking never leaving her room. It wasn't so much the concept of dealing with all those people that was bothering her, just the fact that it was at least warm in her room, and she wasn't sure how much that would hold in larger spaces. Still, she had to go, so she moved to her feet with a sigh, straightening out her skirts easier before heading out the door.

Last edited by a moderator:

"I don't know, I don't listen to her orders," James said, leaning against the wall and grinning at Alex. "A message from Dever. Everyone who arrived today should be coming down to eat soon, so you'll want to heat things up and start dishing it out."

Carduus could't help but crack a smile at that, rolling her eyes as she whined. "It's not even common sense, it's survival instincts. They're walking around with exposed skin and dressed in silks. Silks! It's as if they all have a death wish."

A Daughter of Bartinu, High Priestess of the Order, Leaena Davies.

"I will admit the silks were not a smart idea," Lea said as she entered the room, sending a warm smile Carduus' way. "Hello again, Your Highness."

"Oh, hello Leanea. These are my cousins, Lady Ana Bishop and Lord Cameron Bishop, and their servants. Your Graces, this is Leaena Davies an Tideuan High Priestess. Leaena, please sit where ever you like, your food will be served shortly."

Tilting her head briefly, Leanea smiled at the company and took the seat besides Emiline. 

Adam sat up slowly, groaning as he struggled to roll over and push himself off the bed. "We're off to dinner then, you can unpack tomorrow. I don't need my things."

"Aiden," Thomas said, beaming at his older cousin, "Did you see the woman wearing pants earlier? Charley thinks I'm lying but I swear I saw her arrive with the family from Tideu."

Charles rolled his eyes, "No woman would wear pants, Tommie. Auga isnt that backwards."

Alekkie Bell. Primary Slave of  Crown Prince Chas Tourrellas of Ireox.

Chas had decided to wait for Alek to finish unpacking first, which the boy hurried through, glancing at the prince every few seconds to check he hadn't left him behind. "Your Highness? Why not go greet your sisters in their wing, so your family can introduce themselves together? I won't be long after, and I promise not to make a scene."

"Mm, I should greet them. Tell them to bring their servants to check for poison. If you aren't there before formal introductions are finished you won't be fed," Chas said, before leaving.

Alek rushed through the task, terrified of going another night without food. He'd eaten far too little on the journey.

Kloude . Property of Crown Prince Ray Carter of Sakala.

"I say this with the utmost respect, your Highness," Kloude began, pausing to silently congratulate himself on keeping the sarcasm out of his tone. "But you really can't be treating any of the Royalty as second class here. Of course they are, and if this were Auga you'd be well within your right. But as we're in Delva, and on Madam Dever's land, we have to respect the rules she's put in place. Even if you don't wish to apologise to him, and I wouldn't Sire as it's a clear sign of weakness, just tell Their Highness's you wish to do it in a more private setting and avoid it completely."

Arie Malone. Personal Assistant to Crown Princess Gayle Atkinson of the Isles of Vura.

"Yes, your Highness," Arie said, walking into the Princess' room. "I'm not well versed in Delvan culture, so I have no idea if there ettiquite will allow you to leave the dinner early though."

Her Grace, Lady April McCree of Dencue.

"Lady Missel has left her room," Irene says softly, tapping April on the arm to catch her attention before she started down the stairs. April spun around and waved to her young cousin. "Lily! I just saw a woman wearing pants! Can you believe it? My mother would die if she ever saw the sight."

Alex's frown alleviated slightly, although she didn't bother to actually look at him, returning to her own work. "Alright, we'll have it out shortly." She glanced back up at him, her frown nearing a pout. "And tell my sister to come see me when she has the chance, I didn't accompany her here so I could never see her." 

Whatever response Ana had in mind didn't make it out, as one of the girls- Leaena? -had arrived, and Ana was suddenly far more distracted by the fact that she was in pants. Pants. The girl sat down by Emiline, and while Ana had never been able to read the girl's face, she was fairly sure Emiline was currently attempting not to breath.

She's sitting by me she's sitting by me oh no oh no oh no oh no no no- Okay breathe. Breathe. She will not do anything, even if she's Augan, this is a formal dinner. You're safe. It's fine. Emiline realized she'd frozen a little bit, and forced herself to lift another spoonful of stew to her mouth. See? You're fine.

Alejandro nodded, sighing slightly with relief. Whether or not it was his job to deal with the trunks, he was exhausted, and really, he wanted nothing more than to eat and pass out in his own bed. He opened the door for Adam, pausing to look at the other man. "After you, your highness."

HIs Royal Highness Aiden Hynes, Crown Prince of Vento

"Really? Are you sure? I mean, why would a woman wear pants?" Aiden shook his head slightly, frowning. "Why would they let women wear pants?"

Kennedy Collins, favored slave of Princess Makeda Torruellas

Kennedy hurried through the rest of the bags, although soon Makeda's attention was drawn away by her sister throwing the door open with a whiny "Makedaaaaaaaa-"

"What, Ryann." 

"Can we go yet."

"I need to make sure Kennedy doesn't cut any corners."

Kennedy felt Ryann's stare fix on her head, although she didn't look back to acknowledge it. "What kind of slave is useless enough that she doesn't do her job properly."

"Let's hope she isn't-" However Makeda was going to finish that sentence was cut off by the last Torruellas sibling coming up behind Ryann in the hall.

"Makeda, Ryann, let's go. And make sure you bring your servants."

"What? Why?"

Kennedy could imagine the eye roll that earned from Chas. "Because. The Iroexn and Sakalan families will be in attendance, and we need them to taste our food, make sure they haven't tried to poison us." Well. That didn't really sound like something Chas came up with on his own. Probably Alekkie, then, but Ken wasn't going to complain, considering he'd basically just assured that she was going to eat as well.

"Mmmm. Fine. I'll go tell Danielle, and then we can go."

Danielle Wylde, personal servant of Princess Ryann Torruellas

Dan had almost finished with the bags when Ryann reentered the room. She lifted her head to acknowledge the princess. "Aren't you going to dinner, your highness?"

"Obviously, Danielle, what are you, stupid?"

Danny figured it was in her best interest not to answer that question. "Did you forget something, then?"

"No, I'm not an idiot." Once again, should not respond. "I'm here to inform you that you are to report straight to the dining hall after you've finished with my bags. I need you to taste my food so I can be sure no one attempts to poison me."

"Of course, your highness."

"Hmph." Ryann scowled, before turning and leaving the room, a shrill call of "I'm ready! Let's go!" echoing down the hall, presumably to one of her siblings. Didn't matter. Danny just wanted to finish this up, then grab Kennedy so they could go.

Ray frowned in consideration. "Mmm. That could work." He shifted back into a sitting position, surveying what Kloude had unpacked so far. "Oh, that's good enough for now. You are to finish unpacking once we've returning after dinner, but I need you to memorize everyone's faces and names for me so that I don't have to. Come on." He stood up with a groan, heading out the door of his bedroom without waiting for Kloude to follow.

Raine strolled into the dining room, quickly noting that neither of her siblings had made it this far yet. She had to keep herself from rolling her eyes. Aria she could understand, Zina was more than likely still working on convincing her that she should leave her room and deal with a bunch of unfamiliar people, but she figured that if nothing else, Ray would have shown up just because he was hungry. Although he might still be sulking about being told off. Raine shot a winning smile at those already around the table, before turning her attention to Carduus.

"Good evening, your highness."

Gayle frowned, stretching before standing up. "That's unfortunate. I don't see the purpose of keeping us longer if we've finished eating and introducing ourselves, but I suppose I'll have to suffer through it." 

"I know! I saw!" Lily grinned, catching up to her cousin. "I honestly don't understand what possessed her to wear those. Unless maybe it was all she had that was appropriate for travel? Although I don't understand why she would own pants in the first place."

James laughed, "I'll send her in for drinks soon, if you'd like?"

"Your Highness," Carduus said, smiling in greeting. She went to introduced everyone, before pausing. "I plan on doing introductions once everyone has arrived, to avoid having to repeat myself every few minutes. Please take a seat wherever you'd like and food will be out shortly."

Lea nodded respectfully in the direction of the Sakalan Princess. The woman should hold nothing against her, her status mattered more than her nationality, but she was a little unsure. 

"Do you think my cousin is already down there?" Adam asked, before snorting and rolling his eyes. "Never mind, unless Arie carries her down it'll probably take a while to get her down."

"They wouldn't," Charles said, with an exaggerated eye roll. "Tommie must have seen a long haired man."

"It was a woman, Charley. I swear I saw it," Thomas insisted.

Alek hurried into the dining hall just after the Tourellas entered, just in time to here Chas loudly say. "I do expect your brother is going to apologise, Carter. Or is your family as uncivilised as your people?"

He groaned quietly. Food might not be worth dealing with this.

Kloude grinned widely, dropping the shirt he held and following after Ray. "Do you care much for servants names or do I only need to memorise Royals?"

Arie opened the door for Gayle, smiling at her Princess. "Hopefully we won't need to stay too long."

"I haven't a clue! Maybe her clothing was lost on the journey?" April suggested, starting down the stairs. "Do you think maybe she's a servant? She seemed dressed far too finely. Silks and gold."

Alex paused for a moment to consider his suggestion before nodding. "Yes, that'll do fine."

Raine nodded, dropping into the seat beside the high priestess with ease now that her formalities were out of the way. Unfortunately, the return of her good mood was ruined promptly by the Iroexn family entering the room. She raised an eyebrow at the prince's question, not even bothering to turn and look at him. Whether or not an apology from Ray was warranted, demanding one from a crown prince was remarkably ill-mannered, even if you were one yourself.

"Perhaps if you gained some manners of your own, he could learn by example. Unfortunately," She finally lifted her head to stare him down, mouth set into a frown, "It doesn't look as if you'll be doing that any time soon."

Kennedy Collins, favored slave of Princess Makeda Torruellas Danielle Wylde, personal servant of Princess Ryann Torruellas

Kennedy and Dan came up behind Alek, not entirely sure what had happened in the seemingly short time that royalty had started arriving for the meal that had caused such a tense atmosphere, although Danny was pretty sure whatever it was had to do with the Sakalan princess and one of the Torruellas. She raised an eyebrow at Kenny, who didnt bother to do much more than shrug, before turning her attention to Alek, her voice low.

"What's going on?"

Alex suppressed his snort at the princes question, mostly because he was sure if Arie found out about it she'd come up with some excuse to hit him over the head for it. "I'm sure her highness will be down shortly, if only so she can get this done with quickly."

His Royal Highness Aiden Hynes, Crown Prince of Vento

"Well, if it was a woman, was she a servant?" Aiden shot a glance at Thomas, considering it. "The only justification I can think of for it, is that she has a lot of tasks that would require that she doesn't wear a skirt, although why they wouldn't just give said tasks to a man is beyond me."

"There's no real need for the servant's names. I'm sure if it's necessary someone else will be on hand to remind me of them." Ray could imagine a specific 'someone' frowning at him for not knowing a servant's name already, but really, they shouldn't be here for too long, and he owned a slave for a reason. They'd already just about reached the dining hall now, although some people- 3 of them, and all were definitely servants -were currently in the way. He raised an eyebrow at the obstruction, more confused than annoyed at the moment.

"I certainly hope so." Still, Gayle's frown relaxed slightly as she walked through the door, nodding at Arie as she went. "Let's get this over with."

"Definitely not a servant," Lily declared, shaking her head. "From what I noticed, she held herself with far too much importance to be a servant. Not enough to be a princess, though. Maybe a lady of some sort?"

"... Your highness?"

"Mm."

"Are you ready to go?"
"Not quite."

"You haven't moved in five minutes."

"I am aware."

"... In case you were wondering, you are still not permitted to miss this dinner."

"What if I hid under the bed and you told them you couldn't find me?"
"No, your highness."

"The closet, then."

"No."

"... Under your bed?"

"You do realize I'm fully permitted to literally drag you to the dining hall if need be."

"I'd prefer you didn't do that."

"Then I suggest getting up."

"... Fine."

"I'm going to hide in here for a little while," James told one of the kitchen brothers. He still hadn't learnt their names, and if he really needed something he tended to ask Alex. "Avoid some of the fuss."

"Chas is an idiot," Alek muttered, not looking away from his prince. "He's trying to start a fight with the Sakalan Princess. We're already at war, he doesn't need to embarrass Ireox like this. The Delvan's are going to hate us."

Chas, meanwhile, was spluttering and looking to his sisters for backup.

Kloude cleared his throat, smirking a little as he addressed the servants in front of them. "While we can all agree your Prince is, as you put it, an idiot, my  Prince would like to go to dinner and you're blocking his way."

"Your Highnesses," Lea hissed, looking between the pair of them with a frown. Though neither of them represented her territory they were representing Auga and making fools of themselves while they were at it. "You are guests, and you are embarrassing yourselves and your people."

"I hope they do come down quickly," Adam said. "I've never met any royals besides my family and, uh, the Delvan one with the funny name earlier. I'm not sure how to act and if I copy Gayle then I can't be blamed if I'm rude."

"She could be from Tideu," Charles suggested. He didn't believe his brother, but on the off chance he had seen a woman in pants it would make sense. "I've read that woman are considered superior there."

Thomas snorted. "That's ridiculous."

"You never know," April mused. "She had red hair, she can't be a native of Auga or Lume and we'd know her if she was local nobility. Maybe one of the other countries lets servants think they're important."

Alex raised an eyebrow. "That bad already? I highly doubt more than four people had made it to the dining hall by the time you came here."

Raine barely glanced at the priestess, her glare still steady on the prince. As far as she was concerned, the only one being an embarrassment was Chas; she'd simply stated the truth. If he was going to be a brat about it, that was on his own head.

Kennedy Collins, favored slave of Princess Makeda Torruellas Danielle Wylde, personal servant of Princess Ryann Torruellas

Kennedy dropped her head instinctively, shifting closer to Danny. Dan glanced back at Kenny, tugging the older woman another half step out of the way of the Sakalan prince. "Apologies, your highness."

Makeda sneered, easily coming to her brother's aid even if Ryann was just gonna pout behind them. "Well, it's unfortunate that we have to deal with the backup sibling. Although I'm sure your people are rejoicing now that you're out of their hair. Rain doesn't belong in the desert, after all."

"Rain brings life, you idiot. I would highly suggest shutting your mouth before my sister decides you're talking too much. She doesn't have much patience for people who don't think." Ray breezed past the servants easily, taking a seat next to Raine with no more acknowledgement of the Torruellas family.  Raine spared a glance at him, her glare fading into an almost pout. "If you're going to be late, you might as well stay outside until I finish."

"Mmm. I'm hungry. Go back to yelling at them, it's entertaining at least."

Well, Alejandro supposed he couldn't really argue with that logic. "I'm fairly sure the trick to dealing with social situations is just to not draw any attention to yourself. That being said, as long as two different Augan families have already shown up, I'm sure they'll have caused enough of a disturbance that you'll be fine."

Aiden frowned. "Holding the women above the men is absurd. I mean, their job's just to be pretty, keep the home." He shook his head.

Lily tilted her head, considering her cousin's suggestion with a slight frown. "Well. I guess that could be true. Although I'm sticking with my theory for now."

"Every Augan royal family is out there," James said. "I want to come in after they've all yelled at each other."

Carduus stood up abruptly, slamming her hand down on the table, the resulting noise was a little anti-climactic but it was the thought that counted. "If we could cease with this pointless argument that would be nice. Your servants are all loitering in the door way and I shouldn't think I would have to grant them permission to enter. If you could all please come in and be seated, that would be great. Dinner will be served shortly, introductions will be conducted when the last of the party arrive."

Alek sent a wide eyed look at the two girls before bowing low to the Delvan Princess. "I'm so sorry, your Highness. We didn't want to intrude and-"

Chas scoffed loudly. "Alekkie, don't address a Princess without permission. And Carduus, really, there's no need to act so immature. There was no need to yell at us. And who allows servants at the table? I'm sure you meant that they should stand by us. Am I right? I mena my boy there is a slave you can't expect me to sit by him like an equal."

Kloude, who'd made his way to stand at the wall directly behind Ray, could see the Delvan Princess bristeling at being adressed so informally and spoken down to publically. He felt a little sorry for Chas' servant though, the poor boy was blushing furiously and trying to subtly hide behind the other two servants.

"If you'd bothered to read about Delvan culture" Lea said harshly, loosing all patience for the Iroexn prince, "You'd know they have strong beliefs against slavery, and servants are always welcomed at meal times. Now follow Prince Ray's advice. Sit down, and shut your mouth before you embarrass your nation any further."

Adam travelled along in relative silence after that, he noted that a small group was just ahead of them but he wanted to avoid interaction for as long as possible. When they disapeared inside the dining hall he paused. "There's a small crowd forming in the doorway. That's odd."

Charles brushed past the servants filling up the doorway of the dining hall, took in the scene before him and shot a concerned look at his companions. "That was terrible timing."

"Mmmm. Fair enough. Although I'm fairly sure I'm supposed to tell you that you should be out with your people." Alex frowned, shaking her head. 

Ana suppressed a grin, shaking her head slightly at her cousin. "Dinner and a show, huh?" she murmered, voice kept low in the hopes it'd only really reach the ears of the others from Delva.

Danny noticed the way Alek was trying to move behind her and Kenny, and shifted herself so he'd have a slightly less noticeable route to get behind her. Annoying or not, he didn't deserve Chas' torment. She waited until the Priestess spoke up however, which seemed to subdue the Torruellas siblings somewhat, before she actually started to step inside the room, Kennedy following close behind.

His Royal Highness Ray Carter, Crown Prince of Sakala Her Royal Highness Raine Carter, Princess of Sakala

Ray rolled his eyes, glancing back at Kloude. "You can sit, you know. Just because the entire royal family isn't assembled doesn't mean I'm going to make you stand."

"I can't believe she yelled at me."

"Raine, be quiet, I highly doubt you're totally innocent."
"He started it."

"Shush."

"Well, they seem to be headed inside at the least." Ale frowned at the quickly dispersing crowd, shaking his head. "Do you want to wait for your cousin here, or head inside now?"

Aiden shook his head slightly, sighing. "Agreed." He made a quick glance around the table, trying to decide where he wanted to sit. He really hoped someone else showed up soon, if only because he'd like to avoid sitting by either Augan family if at all possible; drama aside, it felt a little too akin to picking a side in this argument for his comfort.

"I was going before you pulled me off the bed, Zina."

"Of course you were, your highness."

Aria pouted at the servant walking beside her, arms crossed. "I'd rather take a nap."

"I know, your highness."
"I swear, Zina, if when we get down there it turns out Ray or Raine have started an argument-"
"I'm sure their highnesses have more tact than that."

Aria raised an eyebrow at the woman. "Really?"

"... I would like to believe they have more tact than that."

Carduus sat back down glaring at Chas, before turning to Emi with a pleading look. "Tell the kitchen to hurry up? If they're eating they'll be quiet."

Drawing in a deep breath, she sent a small thankful smile toward Leaena, and turned to face the Tourrellas. "If you're uncomfortable, your servants may sit at the end the end of the table to eat. But they will attend every meal time and be seated."

Chas looked fully prepared to argue, so Alek jumped in quickly before another fight broke out. "Thank you so much, Your Highness."

"Alekkie! What did I just tell you about speaking to the Princess?"

Looking down, Alek shuffled along beside the other Ireoxn servants. He wasn't fully sure if they really were allowed to sit.

Kloude took the seat beside Ray with a forced smile. He'd be moved as soon as Aria arrived, he knew that much. "Thank you, your Highness."

Adam shook his head, sighing loudly before striding into the dining hall. He gave a small nod of greeting to the crowd, noted that no one seemed to care, and made a move to sit down in the next chair along the left side. 

Thomas frowned. "Charley, we should probably send someone to fetch our servants. We wouldn't want to offend the Princess."

"They'll come down when they're finished," Charles dismissed.

Emiline nodded, setting down her spoon as she moved to stand. "Of course, your highness." She headed back towards the kitchens, more than glad to get out of there before another blow up occured.

Danny went to take a seat at the end of the table; even if later they'd be left behind come dinner time, for the day at least she wanted to take advantage of the fact that the Delvan princess was demanding they be seated. Kennedy hesitated, casting a glance at Makeda, who was still giving her a death glare. Dan sighed, shaking her head. "Kenny, Alek, just sit."

Kennedy paused a moment longer before sitting down beside Danny, eyes carefully trained on the surface of the table even if she could feel Makeda's glare burning into her head.

Ale took a seat beside Adam, shaking his head before mumbling, "Well, take it this way. If no one's looking at you, you can't be rude, either. Anyway, I'm sure your cousin will be here- Oh. There she is."

Gayle shook her head, stepping inside the dining hall with a frown. Her eyes scanned the table before landing on her cousin. Well, better him than anyone else at the table. She made her way to where he sat, dropping into the open chair closest to him with a sigh. "You don't suppose there's any way we're going to be allowed to leave early?"

Aiden shook his head. "No, we should get them. I'll send Lauryn when she and my sister get here. Almost everyone else has their servants here, anyway." He noticed the one of the Lume families taking a seat, and that seemed as good an opportunity as any. "Now let's sit over there before anything else happens, yes?"

Aria stepped inside the dining hall, quickly making a scan for her siblings- there they were, and they still had empty seats beside them. Although she needed to go sit down before they noticed her or they'd make Kloude move. She made a beeline for them, sitting down next to Kloude before Ray could notice and argue, shooting the man a smile as Zina took her place beside her.

James looked up when Emiline came in, smiling at her. "Food not ready fast enough?"

Alek sat down beside Kennedy, holding his breath for a moment incase Chas said anything. He relaxed after a moment, only to hear Chas clear his throat.

"Carduus, darling, I think it's very sweet of you to allow the servants to sit but is it really appropriate for slaves?"

"It's not your place to criticise another nation's practices on their own land! Nor is it your place to talk down to the Crown Princess of that land," Lea spat, glaring across the table at Chas. "For the sake of the gods, be silent."

"Leaena, I'm sure that the Tourrellas said something wrong," Karole said, entering the room with her siblings close behind. "But maybe let the Princess defend herself."

Carduus sprang out of her seat again, waving at the table quickly when the Ferdicco family entered. "Please be seated, your servants may sit too. Dinner is on it's way, once everyone has arrived I'll conduct introductions."

"Good timing," Kloude said quietly, leaning down just slightly to speak to Aria. "Most of the fighting is over."

Adam frowned, surveying the table. "Well, considering food hasn't even been served yet. No."

"Is food at least on it's way?" Arie asked, taking a seat and glancing around the table. She wasn't sure what they'd walked in on, but it didn't seem good.

"It seems we're the first Terren's to arrive," April observed, as she and Lily arrived at the dinning hall.

Emiline shook her head, smiling slightly. "Honestly? The Augans barely entered the room before they started a fight with each other, and Her Highness is hoping that if the food comes out they'll be too busy eating to start another argument. Please tell me it's almost ready to come out."

Alex waved a hand dismissively, although her frown had finally disappeared. "We're getting there. Honestly, Emi, it's not like they can actually kill each other. Well. Probably."

Arryn Black, slave of Crown Princess Karole Ferdicco

Arryn trailed behind the other servants for the Ferdicco family as they entered the dining hall.

Aria breathed out a laugh, shaking her head. She hesitated before replying, checking to make sure everyone's attention was still on the Ferdiccos before whispering back, "And I don't suppose my siblings are innocent?"

"Honestly, how long does it take her-" He glanced over to see Aria already sitting down. He blinked, surprised, before raising an eyebrow at his younger sister. "You could have made Kloude move." Aria shrugged in response, her eyes flitting over to meet his.

"Would it kill you to actually, you know, alert us when you enter the room?"

He earned another shrug in response to that, and leaned back in his seat, shaking his head.

"Well, damn." Gayle frowned, sinking further into her seat. If she was lucky, she'd be left alone past the introductions and could eat in peace. Considering how tense the room was, she actually might get her wish. Hopefully, the tension would also allow an early dismissal.

Ale raised an eyebrow at the question. "Considering how often the Delvan princess has said that dinner is on it's way? At this point, I should certainly hope that it actually is." He shrugged slightly, glancing at Arie.

Lily surveyed the table, her eyes stopping at the Carters. "I suppose with the Sakalans is as good as anything? Since the others haven't arrived yet."

"Emiline, why don't you stay here and help your sister when they need to serve?" James suggested. Picking up a pitcher of water, he nodded to one of the kitchen brothers and slipped back into the dining hall.

Carduus glanced up as her brother entered, opening her mouth to greet him only to be interrupted by Chas. "Ah! The kitchen staff finally show their faces, and you're not even bringing food. Making a great impression," he said, voice dripping with sarcasm.
The girl was glad he wasn't within slapping distance. "You really aren't, are you? Insulting the Delvan Prince, it's like you want to offend another nation."

Alekkie Bell. Primary Slave of Crown Prince Chas Tourrellas of Ireox.

Alek tried not to cringe as Chas continued to embarrass their nation. "They're going to execute us all before the end of the night," he mumbled to Kennedy.​

Kloude . Property of Crown Prince Ray Carter of Sakala.

Waiting until Ray's attention had shifted, Kloude leant forward to grasp his drink and mumble to Aria. "Admittedly, they were both provoked. Prince Chas isn't quiet about his opinions, as you can see."​

Adam watched the group tiredly, leaning close to his cousin to ask, "Are royal events usually like this?"

Kennedy Collins, favored slave of Princess Makeda Torruellas​
Kennedy tilted her head slightly, considering the Delvan princess momentarily before responding under her breath, "To be fair, they might spare us. It's not like we exactly had a choice in who owned us."

<><><><><><><>

Her Royal Highness Ariana Carter, princess of Sakala
Aria made a face at that. True, she knew firsthand how annoying Chas could be, as well as his sisters, but she figured Raine at least wouldn't have risen to their bait. "They should still know better."

<><><><><><><>

Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Gayle Atkinson of the Isles of Vura
"Only when the Augans are invited. Especially when you decide it's a good idea to invite Augans from multiple territories." Gayle's frown deepened. "Which is why I'm really hoping this is one of the few formal dinners we have."

<><><><><><><>

Blake Lively, personal servant to His Royal Highness Jace Hawthorne|Niamh Carrol, personal servant to Her Royal Highness Ainsley Hawthorne|Aislinn Carrol, personal servant to Her Royal Highness Delia Hawthorne
The royal siblings had met shortly before they hit the doors, leaving Blake, Aislinn, and Niamh to talk amongst themselves as they finished the short walk to the dining hall.
"At this rate, I'm just gonna be relieved if the prince doesn't start anything with his cousin," Blake muttered, voice lowered so she couldn't be overheard. "He's been moping the entire time."
Niamh rolled her eyes. "You don't give him enough credit."
Ais raised an eyebrow at her twin. "Or you give him too much."
"Oh, come on. It's a formal event, it'll be fine."
"I'll give you that- Oh. My apologies for my sister and I, Blake."
Blake shrugged slightly. "I've told you I don't mind."
"If you say so."
They finally passed into the dining hall, the siblings greeted Princess Carduus, and Blake noted with more than a little relief that the only reaction His Highness had to seeing his cousin was a slight frown. The Hawthorne family were soon seated near the Torruellas, which Blake was a bit less enthused by, considering the tension that seemed to be hanging around the family, but it wasn't really her place to talk.

James took his seat again, placing a reassuring hand on his sister's shoulder. They only had to deal with this for one meal, she'd be able to handle it.

Adam groaned, hiding his face in his hands for a moment to compose himself. Suffering through this again sounded like a true hell. "Hopefully everyone will be here soon. It'll end quicker that way."

Thomas nearly fell out of his seat when he felt a hand on his shoulder, turning to find Vi and all their servants clustered behind her. "Oh Vi," he said, hurrying to his feet, "Do you want to sit with your brother?"
The princess just rolled her eyes and took a seat beside her cousin. "You don't need to move, I was just wondering if our servants were meant to be here. I brought them all down."

Charles nodded quickly, pointing the lot of them to the seats. "Princess Carduus insisted they sit with us for meals."

His Royal Highness, Prince Caden Song, Heir of the Banshu Isles
Caden was beyond glad to have finally managed to shepherd his cousins out of the bedrooms and to the dining hall. He could get being tired, but he was starving, not to mention there was no excuse for missing the first dinner. He gave a quick bow before he finished sending his cousins towards the seats by the Gatilar family before finally sinking into a chair himself, looking at Sterling with a sigh. "I swear, this is the last time I'm making sure they come."

<><><><><><><>

Her Royal Highness Clara Reeves, Princess of Dencue
Clara trailed behind her older sisters as they entered the dining hall, a slight pout appearing on her lips when she realized April and Lily were already seated. Sure, they might not talk very much, but they were still family, and she wasn't entirely sure about sitting next to a stranger. Still, she took her seat, and was happy to note that she had a nice buffer of three servants on one side and two older sisters on the other to keep the other people away.

<><><><><><><>

Quinn Jackson, High Priestess of Rego Sabloj
Quinn was the last to wander into the dining hall; she'd meant to show up earlier but she'd ended up getting a tiny bit lost in the castle. Ah, well, hopefully, they hadn't been waiting long. She slipped into a curtsy automatically, with a quick statement of, "My apologies, I didn't expect to take so long," before she slipped into the last seat next to the family from Dencue. She glanced around the table, before speaking up again.
"Is this everyone?"

Carduus sprang out of her seat , slamming her hands down on the table again in relieved excitement, and launched into introductions. She breezed through them, talking a mile a minute and not pausing for breath, giving a simple hand wave to each person and taking care to introduce the servants as well. When she was done the princess dropped back into her seat, turned to her cousins, and ignoring the rest of the table began discussing her cats apparent hatred for snow.

Kennedy Collins, favored slave of Princess Makeda Torruellas​

Kennedy wasn't entirely sure she'd actually understood what she'd heard correctly. Honestly, she wouldn't have believed it at all except that she'd glanced down the table automatically when she'd heard the name "Ariana" and if the girl wasn't actually her sister, she looked a hell of a lot like her, which didn't make sense because as far as she knew everyone in her family, including Aria, was supposed to be dead. Still, her stare stayed fixed on the girl on the other side of the table, because if she'd heard correctly and that was actually her sister, she wanted to make sure that she remembered what she looked like on the chance Makeda decided she was tired of her and locked her in her room to wither away and die or something, which she was pretty sure wasn't off the table.

<><><><><><><>

Emiline Sietta, Servant and Companion of the Crown Princess | Alexandra Sietta, who followed her sister here
"Okay, Emi, stop pacing. You're getting on my nerves."
"Oh! Sorry." Emi leaned into the wall with a frown, surveying her sister and the other members of the kitchen staff before finally asking, "So is it almost done?"
Alex pulled her attention from what she was doing to scowl at her twin. "Emiline. You have asked me that about seventeen times. I will put you in a headlock if you continue talking."
"Sorry!"
"And stop apologizing!"
"..... Sorry."
Alex huffed out a sigh before taking an experimental taste of the stew, pursing her lips before finally saying the words Emi had been waiting to hear for what felt like forever: "I think it's done."
EMi stood back at attention as one of the kitchen brothers came over to double check. "Oh, thank the-"
"Emi."
"Sorr- Uh. S-sorry."
Alex sighed in annoyance before she got the confirmation that the stew was, indeed, ready. "Okay, great. Now that you're here, Emi, you can help us get the pot onto the cart so we can feed the nobility before one of them takes it upon them to jump start the war. Okay?"
"Okay!"

<><><><><><><>

Aria wasn't tired. Really. She absolutely wasn't nodding off at her seat, and she definitely was paying attention when Zina mumbled, "Thank the gods, the food's here." Yes, it might have taken her a few moments to register the statement, and even a couple more to actually look up and see what Zina was talking about, but she was definitely wide awake. In retrospect, though, she was willing to admit that she probably should have slept more on the way here.

Alekkie Bell. Primary Slave of Crown Prince Chas Tourrellas of Ireox.

Before Alek could really relax at the food arriving and silencing the table, Chas was shoving his bowl away with a loud scoff and drawing the attention of everyone. "What is this?"

Karte looked stunned, taking a step back from the prince and bowing lowly, "Stew, Sire."

"I know that you moron," Chas snapped, "Is this meant to be our meal? I wouldn't even feed my slave this."

"He better feed his slave that," Alek muttered, hiding his face in his hands. They couldn't just have one quiet moment.

"What were you expecting, a banquet? This far north food is heavily rationed. If you don't want it then why not retire to your room," James suggested, "Because you won't be offered another meal."

Emiline took her seat beside the princess again with a quiet sigh, allowing herself to relax slightly into the chair. Hopefully, now that the Augan prince had been quelled, the rest of dinner would pass uneventfully and they could go to their rooms and sleep.

<><><><><><><>

His Royal Highness Ray Carter, Crown Prince of Sakala | Her Royal Highness Raine Carter, Princess of Sakala
Ray let out a quiet snort at the admonishment Chas recieved. Okay, yes, he attracted a glare from Makeda for that, but who really cared. Judging by the smug expression on Raine's face, she didn't. And Aria... well, to be fair Ari seemed like she cared more about taking a nap than anything else going on. But still. Sure, the food wasn't great, but it was the first night, and they appeared to be highly understaffed. This wasn't the time to nitpick, seeing as the whole staff wasn't even here yet.

The Delvans were finished first, as they'd all been served long before most of the guests arrived, and they entertained themselves with quiet conversation about the auditory of Chas in their own langue while they waited for the others to finish.

Eventually Carduus noticed that a good half of the people present had set down their spoons, and at a few looked like they might just fall asleep at any moment.

"It's late, and I don't see much reason to stand on ceremony here," Carduus said loudly to the table, "If you've finished feel free to retire at anytime."

Kloude. Property of Crown Prince Ray Carter of Sakala.

Kloude patted Aria's arm gently, while her siblings were distracted. "Stay awake, just until you've finished eating. You can leave straight after now."

Aria blinked at Kloude's touch, his words registering a second later. Her lips turned down into a slight frown. "I'm not falling asleep. I'm just... Not... really hungry?" She considered the statement for a moment before shrugging. It was close enough. "I'm just waiting for Zina to finish."
The use of her name drew Zina's attention to the princess. "Well, if I wasn't having to dedicate half my energy to making sure you don't fall asleep and drown in your stew, I might have been finished already, your highness."
"Not falling asleep."
"Of course not."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back