• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Danmachi (Looking for up to 3 people but will start with 2)

GreatSaiyaman31

Arch-Angel
Hello everyone! My name is Joe and I am looking for people interested in doing an original character rp of the Danmachi anime series. It'll happen in the same city and dungeon as the anime. Your characters can be any race other than deity from the show and can belong to any familia you like.

To those here who have never watched or seen the anime the basic premise is that the gods and goddesses all decided to come down from heaven and live on earth. There are dungeons across the world with monsters to slay and loot to be obtained but in order to gain the abilities to fight said monsters and obtain such loot a person has to join and pledge themselves to a familia of a god or goddess. Once they do so they obtain a blessing from the god or goddess that gives them the ability to do so. Through dungeon crawling and even if they want to train outside of the dungeon you gain experience and can actually level up. The leveling is much slower than in a traditional rpg. Watching the anime myself I've only seen the main character get to level 3 and he's already infamous because he did it so fast. He has a special ability that boosts his leveling speed among other things. I don't expect us to be dealing with the canon characters much other than if you guys create a character that belongs to the same familia. Also I don't want any of us to have the main character's ability either.

My main goal for this is to have fun role playing as original characters, joining up as a team even if we're from different familias, and enjoying the dungeon crawling and gaining reputations for ourselves in the rp.

For posting requirements: absolutely no one-liners. Ideally I would like at least a paragraph or two but since I don't want to exclude any beginners from this that might wanna join I'm not going to sit here and critique your posts. I'm happy to help if you're looking for ways to improve your rp skills so please don't hesitate to ask. ^_^ On the other side of the spectrum I don't mind if you post entire pages to the rp either. Gives the rest of us more to work with for our replies. I'm not easily intimidated when it comes to rp skill. Even if you're first language isn't English as long as we can get the gist of it we should be fine.

Again if you've never watched the show or read the manga some of the species I know of people in it are: elves, neko-people, and humans.

I would prefer to rp right on the site in a thread but if anyone would rather rp in a conversation (private messaging of the site) we can do that too.

If you have any other questions about the rp or for me in general I'm ready and willing to answer them right in this thread.

Thank you to whomever decides to express interest and for taking time to read this!

1. We can all play npc's if that's alright? I mean if you feel protective over your support character and don't want anyone else playing them because you have plans to happen with them in the story that's perfectly fine with me. Normally in rp's I've done (especially 1x1's) me and my partner both play support characters and npc's. But we openly discuss throughout what plans we have for the story to come.

2. As for blessings from the deities really its just the ability to fight monsters in the dungeons. Nothing special like invisibility cloak or anything like that. The adventurers develop those specialized skills on their own and each are unique to the person really. I mean yeah if you have the ability to go invisible it can only be renamed so many ways. But feel free to name your abilities whatever.

I feel like I should elaborate that while our characters might be starting out as level 1 adventurers, what I am aiming for is that they've all gone maybe a couple or few floors themselves already since receiving their "blessings". They just came to the realization that in order to go deeper and survive that they need an actual party to survive and be successful. We can all be from the same family or be from different familias if you like. I think our team will stand out more if its multiple familias cooperating really.

To add to this everyone I would like to rp to this at least once or twice a week. I mean I check on the site almost every day when I have an rp going but I understand people have busy lives. I myself have been picking up overtime at my work.

Also I don't want to intimidate people but when I have an rp partner I require-promote input into the rp via OOC discussion. What do YOU want to get out of this? How would you like different aspects of the story and the rp'ing itself to work? If you have questions for me about it you can expect a more in depth response and possible discussion to see what will be the best course of action is for all involved that want to be part of the rp.

Hopefully that doesn't scare anyone away. I'm trying to be encouraging really. I look forward to seeing people respond with interest to this.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read thus far. Incase you are still curious I am still looking for people to join me in this rp. Please feel free to respond here or message me. ^_^

I'm interested! Though I need to message you about making my character as I have a bad habit of making them too OP without trying to (hence my title)

I have only seen an abridged series of DanMachi, but I think I got the gist. An RP based on it sounds great right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back