• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Flashwolf96

Lurker Extraordinaire
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey there. I've been really into the idea of trying out this tabletop system inspired by the Danganronpa series called Deadly Revelation, but there are a lot of parts to it I find pretty unappealing as a GM, such as having to create and play a majority of the cast as NPCs and creating an appropriate setting and motivation for the mastermind. Therefore, I thought I'd at least put it out there and see if anyone else would be willing to run a game (either a long-term one or a one-shot to get used to things first) using this system for me and up to a handful of others who might be interested.

As the one making the proposal, I wouldn't mind helping out with certain aspects of the game as a co-GM, such as helping manage PCs and NPCs, planning and helping with the progression of the game, coming up with thematically-appropriate motives, etc. I'd also be up for more involved things like helping to plan each murder, but I understand if you think it wouldn't be appropriate given my desire to be one of the PCs.

In any case, here's a link to the folder with the PDF and character sheets. I highly recommend you read at least a little bit of the core rulebook before deciding if you want to join. It's all free and available to the public, so no worries about that, but please do support the creators by donating to their itch.io page if you feel so inclined. I'm fine with doing the roleplay either here or on Discord, but since a lot of information will need to be conveyed privately between the players and GM (such as murders or other covert actions), a Discord server makes a lot of sense in either case. Any takers?

AKIMBOCROSS

21st century schizoid man
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
U sure this doesn’t need to go in Dice or Quest interest check? Idk I just saw ‘tabletop’

Flashwolf96

Lurker Extraordinaire
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Not really sure, actually. I'm fine with being either on site or off, so neither the Dice (which is apparently for on site RPs only) nor the off site section seemed more fitting than the other. That's why I ultimately went with the safest option, but if I'm wrong I'm sure I'll get moved to the right place eventually.

Flashwolf96

Lurker Extraordinaire
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
AbyssFlower AbyssFlower Uh, okay... Anything in particular holding you back? Also, are you talking about GMing this or just being a player?

Oh, and if anyone has like, questions or anything about the system - I can try to answer, but the finer mechanics kind of go over my head a bit, admittedly. Newbies and veterans alike are welcome, so we can figure it all out together.

Squad141

The Purple Soul
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey there. I've been really into the idea of trying out this tabletop system inspired by the Danganronpa series called Deadly Revelation, but there are a lot of parts to it I find pretty unappealing as a GM, such as having to create and play a majority of the cast as NPCs and creating an appropriate setting and motivation for the mastermind. Therefore, I thought I'd at least put it out there and see if anyone else would be willing to run a game (either a long-term one or a one-shot to get used to things first) using this system for me and up to a handful of others who might be interested.

As the one making the proposal, I wouldn't mind helping out with certain aspects of the game as a co-GM, such as helping manage PCs and NPCs, planning and helping with the progression of the game, coming up with thematically-appropriate motives, etc. I'd also be up for more involved things like helping to plan each murder, but I understand if you think it wouldn't be appropriate given my desire to be one of the PCs.

In any case, here's a link to the folder with the PDF and character sheets. I highly recommend you read at least a little bit of the core rulebook before deciding if you want to join. It's all free and available to the public, so no worries about that, but please do support the creators by donating to their itch.io page if you feel so inclined. I'm fine with doing the roleplay either here or on Discord, but since a lot of information will need to be conveyed privately between the players and GM (such as murders or other covert actions), a Discord server makes a lot of sense in either case. Any takers?
I’d be somewhat interested. I have some character/setting ideas, but I’ll have to take some time to understand the mechanics all the way

AbyssFlower

It's a pirate's life for me, savvy?
Roleplay Type(s)
AbyssFlower AbyssFlower Uh, okay... Anything in particular holding you back? Also, are you talking about GMing this or just being a player?

Oh, and if anyone has like, questions or anything about the system - I can try to answer, but the finer mechanics kind of go over my head a bit, admittedly. Newbies and veterans alike are welcome, so we can figure it all out together.
Ah I'd prefer being a player that's all, sorry for the late reply!

Flashwolf96

Lurker Extraordinaire
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So it's been a while... a long while, actually. To be honest, I kind of lost faith in this idea when the general response was pretty lackluster. Plus with no GM takers it was pretty much doomed from the start even if we'd managed to gather a group of peeps ready to play. But recently (very recently, like holy crap I just randomly checked in today and saw the message) someone reached out to me offering to try it out, which means the time has come to res this thread! Hail the mighty necro :p

Sooo, if anyone who previously replied to this thread wanting to join ( AbyssFlower AbyssFlower , Mirai-chan Mirai-chan , Squad141 Squad141 ) is still interested, go ahead and drop a post here letting me know, or just message me directly if you'd prefer. And of course, that goes for any new takers too; please please please don't hesitate to jump in if you're even a tiny bit interested. I'm the one gunning for this idea and I can barely understand the mechanics, so no need to feel intimidated. Numbers-wise, I'd say it depends on what the GM thinks they can handle, but personally I'd want to shoot for around 4-5 players which seems standard for the system from what I remember.

God I'm gonna have to reread that whole pdf and dig up my old premade character sheet...

Last edited:

PlatFleece

Roleplay Type(s)
Hi! I'm the mentioned GM that Flashwolf96 Flashwolf96 mentioned. Just confirming that yes, I would be interested to GM this if people were still interested. I can handle playing the NPCs and planning the murders while everyone else can focus on being players if necessary.

Dreamtique

Here Be Dragons
Sheep Thumbs GIF
If I have the time I'll participate! Otherwise, good luck guys!
Made these for a RP I run years ago, thought I'll share it here just to reminiscence for a little, cuz why not?
1673978475119.png1673978457289.png1673978469688.png
1673978557693.png
1673978885426.png
It was a lot of fun for me, and hopefully for all involved although I didn't manage to bring it to a proper end.

Flashwolf96

Lurker Extraordinaire
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Dreamtique Dreamtique Whoa, niiiice art. Shame you couldn't close it out, but that's pretty much how it is with roleplay most of the time. Here's hoping we can at least get some good moments out of this one if we're destined for the same.

PlatFleece

Roleplay Type(s)
By the way guys, I don't know if this is where we would be planning it, but if either of you would like me to work on the setting and characters and stuff, please let me know what you would prefer! Dreamtique Dreamtique Flashwolf96 Flashwolf96 and I'll get started.

Flashwolf96

Lurker Extraordinaire
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Nah, I think an OOC thread would be best for that. Though that did get me thinking... it's actually kind of weird that we got moved to Quest of all places. The Dice or Offsite forums would've made more sense in the context of this roleplay, but hey, they're the ones in charge.

Here's the link to the newly-made OOC thread.

PlatFleece

Roleplay Type(s)
They are! And we might have four right now! Flashwolf96 Flashwolf96 I'm open to doing 5 or 6 players at most, but even though I'm a GM, you're the one that organized this, so I'll leave the hats off to you if we should start planning now then. BTW JDaQuavion JDaQuavion there's a thread link to an OOC thread above your reply :)

Flashwolf96

Lurker Extraordinaire
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Spots are for sure still open JDaQuavion JDaQuavion so feel free to jump right on in and join us in the OOC. When it comes to the total number of players, picking up as many as you're willing to manage PlatFleece PlatFleece seems like the best option as it'll lessen the amount of NPCs you'll need to play to make up the numbers for our game's cast. Let's keep planning and gathering opinions on stuff for now, but we should probably hold off on final decisions until we're satisfied with the people we've got.

Orichalcum Tiger

Local cryptid with a fleeting memory.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'd be willing to join too! I have very minor experience as a GM so I'm happy to help out in any way to lessen the strain.

Flashwolf96

Lurker Extraordinaire
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'd be willing to join too! I have very minor experience as a GM so I'm happy to help out in any way to lessen the strain.
Ohh, nice nice. Welcome aboard. Go ahead and check out the OOC thread I linked a few posts above, and feel free to share any thoughts or ideas you might have on what we've been discussing there. I'm not sure if PlatFleece PlatFleece needs or even wants the help, but if anything we'll be glad to have another player willing to help us work stuff out.

Assuming we're all still around, that brings us to five players... one more and we'll hit our cap. Best join while you've got the chance, ladies and gents.

Gloomy1

Lurker
I'll definitely be interested in this! Let me join in as an understudy if someone decides to drop out or are unsure.

Flashwolf96

Lurker Extraordinaire
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'll definitely be interested in this! Let me join in as an understudy if someone decides to drop out or are unsure.

Ah, sure thing. Seems like we're just about full unfortunately, but if someone drops out we'll definitely slot you in. Thanks for showing interest!

Users who are viewing this thread