Danganronpa ?: Royale Redux

1. I don't like taking the chance of letting them bicker and possibly getting nothing. 

"I..." His eyes cast to the ground, Hiro's voice trails away. "No... No! I don't want everyone to die! That's why I'm confessing! Please, Aiko... Listen, I know-"

"No, you don't! You don't KNOW anything, why can't you just listen to me!? Voting for that guy is our best chance so just... Just shut up! Please!"  Aiko. Whatever his reason, he seems the most desperate of the bunch. Though, with what you can only assume to be his friend confessing to such a brutal murder, you can't exactly blame the guy. You can only imagine what it'd be like to have someone close to you admit to killing someone.

"...Your best chance?" Unexpectedly, your redheaded classmate is the next to speak. "You don't exactly sound too sure about that, huh?"

"...What are you talking about?"

"I mean... 'Best chance' isn't the most confident choice of words in the world, don'tcha think?"

"What, ginger, got a problem with the way I talk? Stay out of this! It isn't any of your busin-"

"Rrreaaalllyyy, Aiko? None of their business? Aren't they the ones voting on which one of us Mr. Monokuma murders?" He speaks with a smirk. The black haired boy. Whether through good acting, or through genuine disinterest you aren't sure, but from the way he speaks you only infer one thing. He doesn't seem to be worried about his situation in the slightest. A bunch of strangers are about to vote on if he gets to keep his life or not, and he doesn't seem to mind one bit. "Maybe you should do yourself a favor and be a little nicer to our jury, hmm? Wouldn't want them voting for you just because you were a little mean! Right?"

Judging by the look on his face, Aiko knows he's right.

And judging by the look in his eyes, he hates it.

"...Right. Right... I'm not... Not sure... I am sure. Sure that it was him. Listen to me, you three. There isn't any evidence leading back to him, but... There's no way that smarmy black haired fuck isn't the killer here. You don't know him, but I do. And I know Hiro too! He'd never hurt anybody... None of us would! None of us except that fuck sitting right over there!"

"You know, you're pretty good at this, aren't you, Aiko?"

"...Good at what?"

In response, the boy only shrugs, to Aiko's obvious chagrin. And if you aren't going crazy, his obvious discomfort.

"That's... All I have to say. I hope it helps you make the right choice."

As Aiko's speech draws to a close, no more seem to open. And all you're left with are hunches. All they've given you to work with hunches of a total stranger. Not exactly the most fruitful of encounters, you have to say. Whether or not any of them will actually be useful, you're not yet able to say, but you're more than an little frustrated that not a single one of them had anything... Conclusive to say. Then again, if they'd had anything like that going for them, this whole ordeal would probably be over already... Someone else would probably be dead already...

You shake your head. Now isn't the time for you to be getting distracted by that.

1. Tell Monokuma you're finished with your investigation.
  2. Consult the class.
  3. [WRITE-IN]

Well.

You can't help but feel like you've wasted your time. Even after listening to them bicker amongst themselves like that, you've only managed to learn a couple of names and the details of whatever weird love triangle the three have going on among them. Maybe if you were some fujoshi that'd be useful information, but otherwise... Well, at least you hadn't been set back. You doubt the rest of the class will be as casual about your lack of results, though.

"Right... Thanks for you help, then." Breathing out a sign of resignation, you turn from the trio and set your attention back towards the class.

Naturally, your debriefing doesn't take very long.

"...What a bunchcha useless losers!" Only a few moments after you finish speaking, an unfamiliar voice pipes up from the crowd. And if you aren't mistaken, this one actually sounds like it's taking your side! "Weren't those guys like, our last leads or something!? Come ooonnn, they could have been a little more considerate than that!" The girl who owned the voice stared at them, her features twisted into a... Smile? "How classic is that!? Lives on the line, and they still can't fess up and tell the truth! Isn't that kind of thing like, the crux of every other honesty story ever?" Twirling her hair like a pre-teen girl spending her fifth hour on the telephone, your... Defendant? Looks more amused than anything else. You have to say, coupled with her bottle blonde hair and bronze skin, the sight seems kind of fitting. 

"It... Isn't that funny." This time, it's your resident redhead who speaks. Ginger versus Blondie, huh?

"Oh, I know I know! I'm just making something good out of something bad, ya know?"

"You know, I'd prefer it if you made something USEFUL out of something bad, instead."

"Oh come ooonnnn! You never heard of optimism?"

"..."

"Oh, whatever. I mean, I guess it wasn't a TOTAL waste of time, right? If one of them hates the other, maybe he's like, got a reason to frame him or something? Oh! That's actually pretty good, right!?" You have to admit, despite her appearance, the gyaru of a girl has a point. But even if that were the case, your redheaded companion doesn't seem willing to give up any ground.

"Obviously... Any idiot could have assumed that..."

"Hey! Ass! I didn't hear YOU sayin' anything about it!"

"That's becau-"

"Because you were too busy floating back and playin' with your prettyboy hair, right!? Tch. Oh, and don't think I didn't see your 'interviewing' skills. Real useful of ya, sayin' what, two sentences to the terrifying trio over there!" In an instant, the two are engaged in a fully blown verbal bout. Or at least, one of them is. Apparently not taking too well to the role of victim, Blondie hardly gives Haruka a moment to speak, berating him with a new slew of insults whenever he tries to retort. It isn't long before he realizes the futility of his defense.

"Okay, okay! You win! Just tone down the browbeating, okay!?" His haughtiness nothing short of annihilated, Haruka's foe looks nothing short of overjoyed. You can't help but feel like you just witnessed some sort of massacre.

"Right then! Now that the cleanin' is taken care of, onto the next subject!" She turns to you. Oh god. "You!" Was she about to give you the same treatment? "We haven't met yet! Atsuka Arata. It's a pleasure!" Before you know it, your hand is being shaken with enough vigor to give a Bond movie a run for its money. Hardly the greeting you were expecting from a girl of her... Caliber. "Sorry about layin' into ya... Pal? Is he your pal? Whatever. Gotta show types like him who's the boss sometimes, ya know?" You can practically feel him glaring at her from behind her back. "Still... A shame those dudes didn't help ya out much... Maybe there's somethin' else we can check out? I guess we could just ask em questions again, or... Oh! Maybe we could search em! It's not like they can resist or anything!" Isn't that an invasion of privacy?

Though, it doesn't seem like a half bad idea.

1. Question them again.
  2. Search them for any new evidence.
  3. [WRITE-IN]

Number 3 where we question AND search them together with the rest of the class. With the force of numbers of course. Physical intimidation is the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see you're online, Bandy. Don't forget to tag all of us since it's been a while since we've gathered together. New folks coming in here wouldn't hurt either or that's at least what I think.

Users who are viewing this thread