Danganronpa ?: Royale Redux

2. I shall do everything in my power to avoid Masaki at all costs for no other reason than to be a dick.

1. We need someone to record all of Masaki's memes. You might want to get the main character's memes too.

"Mercy on your soul."

"You are really impressively annoying, you know that?"

"Diamonds are forever."

1. i relate to how annoying and worthless masaki is

Hopping to your feet, you find it a little funny how 'well' you're getting along with Masaki. What was it they said? Opposites attract?

Ugh. You did NOT want to think about that.

Falling in tow with him, unsurprisingly, the boy near-instantaneously opens his mouth, picking up right were Monokuma cut him off.

"So... About that speech... DID anything stick out to you? I mean, the whole thing was pretty darn weird, but... Do you think he slipped anything important in there maybe? You know, besides having to kill eachother." Bemused, you raise an eyebrow. If you didn't know any better, you would of half thought he was taking that bear seriously, you remark, dismissing his question. He only sighs, and then smiles. "Yeah... Yeah! You're probably right. Well, unless someone else takes it REALLY seriously and tries to murder one of us! Then I guess this could go a little... South. But what are the chances! Right?" You can't help but be a little amused, just a moment ago he'd seemed like he was trying to play at the thinking-man, but now, at the flick of a switch, he's returned to the same fool that was pissing you off in the auditorium.

"So, Diamonds, I never properly introduced myself, did I?" The same annoying fool, apparently. What did he just call you? Opening his mouth to repeat his name, Masaki finds himself quickly cut off as you protest.

"Diamonds!? The hell is that?" Right, the amusement was gone. You aren't sure why, but the fact that he'd so casually call you something as absurd as Diamonds rubs you in all the wrong ways. Especially when you consider the context. "Hey, just because I wasn't yelling at you for a second doesn't mean you can get all cute like that, understand?" Your eyes locking onto his, you crack a smile as an idea floats into your mind. "Yeah, instead you can call me... Dethroner, oka-" This time, you're the one cut off.

By Masaki bursting into laughter. "Oh boy, are you taking pages from Masuyo?" Speaking through his laughter, Masaki doesn't make the slightest attempt to hide just how funny he finds the situation. "Oh, okay, sure. And you can call me Entrepreneur! Doesn't that sound great? Oh, no no, how about instead of just that, all us students call eachother by code names!"

"Astronomer!"

"Chemist!"

"Sculptor!"

"Aha! Amazing!" You grit your teeth. "That's the best! Okay, Dethroner, let's-" With all the strength you can muster- which embarrassingly isn't all that much- you swing your fist at the boy's arm. Apparently, it's still enough to make him flinch.

"...Hitou. Shut up. Okay?" Sometimes, you think, first impressions are correct.

"Oh, fine fine, Miss Hitou, how about we get back on subject?" Rubbing his arm lightly, Masaki's face holds the same smile as it ever does. At least until the speakers laid throughout the corridors once again blare to life, repeating the same message that you, and presumably everybody else, awoke to.

"All students please report to the School Auditorium"

You and Masaki exchange glances. Weren't you just kicked out of there?

Your Report Card for MASAKI ABE has been updated!

When you arrive, the doors won't even budge, at least, not until the entire class arrives, a loud click sounding out from the entryway the moment your final classmate trickles into the crowd around the door. You can't help but notice that, unsurprisingly, almost half the classes' gaze seems to fix onto you whenever you turn your back.

But you have no time to take up any complaints, as the doors slowly swing open to reveal-

-An entirely different room.

The small, generic looking room you stood within not even fifteen minutes ago is nowhere to be seen, replaced by one of scope and grandeur multiplied five times over. A red carpet boldly streams through it's stone floor, circling it's way towards the great round stage playing the centerpiece of the room.

And atop it, six faces, bound to their seats, bathe in the spotlight. Their eyes turn to you, widening in obvious surprise before snapping towards Monokuma, who sits lazily above them all, and demanding an explanation.

"Oh, Right... I suppose I didn't tell you guys about this, huh?" Dusting himself off, Monokuma hops to his feet, striking a smug pose. "Well! I suppose I'll explain things the best I can! For some of you, this will just be a formality, and for the rest, an introduction, so..."

"Welcome, to the Class Trial!"

Neither your group, nor the one on stage seems to have any clue what's going on.

But you're sure it's nothing good.

[SIZE= 36px]- PROLOGUE OVER -[/SIZE]

There it is. I'll be taking a page from @GasMaskie's quest, and will be breaking this up into sections like this, for a bit of structure. And to imitate the chapter format of the games. The next post shouldn't take nearly as long as this one, leaving this on a cliffhanger hurts me just as much as I hope it hurts you guys.

What do you guys think so far, fun, good, bad, too much talking, not enough talking, not enough meme bait? I'd like to hear!

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE= 36px]CHAPTER 1[/SIZE]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Judges, Jurors, and Executioners[/COLOR]

Confusion hangs in the air.

Regardless of where you look, you're unable to find anyone who is able to properly understand what's going on. Even Masuyo's usually stony expression is wrought with the lines of confusion. You'd come prepared for something bizarre, but a stage full of bound people was beyond whatever expectations you'd had.

Maybe that was part of the bear's intent.

"Sooo, yeah..." In time with your thoughts, Monokuma resumes his speech. "As much as I love saying that line, it probably doesn't mean much without a little context, does it? Man... How annoying... Maybe I should just make it a part of the curriculum? Oh, man, that's a great ide-!" Interrupting him, one of your classmates decides to do something as bold as telling him to get to the point. You're surprised they can even think to behave like that in the situation you're all in, and you're the one who spent half their time in the auditorium arguing with him! Were they trying to get themselves tied up on that stage too?

"Oh, right... I guess I'll just make a mental note."

Somehow, Monokuma brushing the comment off so simply made you a little angry. Didn't he curse you out for doing the same thing earlier?

"Well, anyway... The Class Trial! Simply put, it's up to you guys to solve a case! A mystery! A tragedy! A mmmurrrddeerr!" A shuffle runs through your crowd. A murder? Seriously!? Had someone actually taken the speech serio... No. Casting your gaze around the crowd, you confirm it to yourself. You're no expert with faces, but every single person that'd been in the auditorium earlier was definitely standing her with you. "Oh, don't worry you guys! None of you has gotten to breaking necks yet! That's all on these psychopaths!" Theatrically, Monokuma waves his arms towards the stage, a single, gigantic spotlight bathing its residents in light. "You see... These guys... How do I put it... Well, they've been going through the same curriculum as you guys! They're like... The beta testers, I guess? Can you believe it? Just two weeks ago, there were sixteen of these guys! I'm so proud of them!"

One of the folks on stage, though from your angle you're unable to tell which, cries out in protest.

"Oh, shut up you!" Dismissing them with his usual aggression- which you can't help but be a little satisfied by-, Monokuma returns to his speech. "Well, the original plan was just to let them finish each other off, but, some odd circumstances arose, and I had a great idea... So! You guys are gonna handle this! It'll be like your tutorial! Basically, the Class Trail is where you delinquents try to figure out which one of you decided to go full criminal and kill off a member of your beloved class... And then vote on whoever did it! It's quite the show, if I'm honest!" Still standing within the entrance, you watch Monokuma and the stage incredulously.

...Six?

Down from sixteen?

That meant...

You were standing in the same room as a murderer?

As Monokuma keeps casually chatting on, you feel your stomach drop. For once, you hope he really is just fucking with you.

"Well, there's not much more to it than that. It's basic! Incredibly so! Isn't it genius? And, as a bonus, if you manage to figure out who the killer is, they get karma! An execution! One way trip straight to hell!" His words do nothing to help, your stomach sinking more and more with every syllable. "Oh, and if you get it wrong, all of you die instead! It's like taking out fifteen birds with one stone!" And finally, it hit rock bottom.

"Except, well, this is just the tutorial, so I guess we can't be that harsh on you... Instead, you'll be playing with guys' lives instead! Ain't you relieved? And if that wasn't enough, I even lowered the difficulty for you! So I'll just leave you brickheads to it! You'll have some time to put a case together before we begin, so... Make the most of it! The crime scene is..." Lazily, Monokuma snaps his 'fingers', a long ladder quickly descending from the ceiling when he does. "Up there! Check it out or whatever. Don't listen to whatever these guys try to say, though. Trust me! Ten of their classmates are dead! Can't trust a word out of their traps!" Letting out a cruel laugh, Monokuma vanishes behind his throne, leaving you to your thoughts.

"Well..." You hear Masaki mutter under his voice. "This certainly just... Escalated, huh?"

You're shocked, but miraculously still able to think... Reasonably straight.

1. Discuss things with the class. Take Masaki's lead.
  2. Discuss things with the class. Take Masuyo's lead.
  3. Scale the ladder and investigate the crime scene. You'll need evidence if you want to figure this out.
  4. Step up on the stage and question the 'beta testers.' Monokuma telling you not to trust them is hardly a reason not to.

(I'm a bit conflicted whether to choose 1 or 4. On one hand, I want to meme it up with Misaki. On the other, I want to give the middle finger to Monokuma......)

4. Probably. Even though Monokuma could be telling the truth,we can at least test their testimonies.

NO TIME FOR MEMEING.

TIME FOR EVIDENCE. YOU CANT BREAK TESTIMONIES WITHOUT EVIDENCE. 

SCALE THE LADDER AND FIND THE EVIDENCE.

can i vote for two options...? no?

3. climb the ladder. i think it would be better to speak to the class on trial after you've already got a good look at (probably) objective evidence. make some of your own conclusions before hearing biased stuff, yeah

3. You don't break the bandwagon; the bandwagon breaks you.

Heisenberg's Speech: The Glory of the Bandwagon

You cannot break the will of the bandwagon. Those that stand in the way of the mighty bandwagon will be crushed by its ever-building momentum. The success of our votes depends on the participation of the people, and we cannot allow the self-interested minority to destroy the magnificent majority by letting them cast their votes into other options. Let us proceed together with confidence lest we be undermined by our own caution. If we are going to face the future, we are going to have to face it together.

So let us move forward united by the sacred bandwagon. It is our comfort in times of sorrow, it is our strength when we have to endure hardship, and it is our hope when everything seems lost. In a sense it reaches the level of divinity for it carries within it a supernatural element that cannot exactly be explained but it can be felt by everyone. We must not be divided by our foolish opinions, let us united by one action. We must not let one lead us astray or he may yet lead us to destruction. We must not be paralyzed by our own indecision; instead we must be invigorated by our trust in each other. We must embrace our common destiny or be damned by the whims of a single tyrant.

We cannot afford to be human when in turn we sacrifice all of humankind. The very definition of our humanity comes with our association with each other. To reach the desired level of humanity and to simultaneously reach the highest level of divinity we must join the bandwagon.

You breathe deeply.

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

You may have had an issue with your temper, but panic? Ha! If there was on emotion you were able to control, it was panic. With everything that'd gone on today, it would have been a better idea to try and throw you off with something normal. A normal lunch after being told to murder your classmates? Now that would've been weird! But something like this?

Whether you realized it or not, you'd been preparing yourself for something like this. So, without a word to your already-bickering classmates, you begin to ascend the ladder.

Rung after rung, your anticipation and anxiety grows. He said this was a murder, right? That meant there was a corpse up there, didn't it? In better times, just the thought of that would have been enough to send you running off in the other direction. The idea of a dead person- No, the idea of a murdered dead person was something beyond the scope of a normal human being. That kind of dark reality was something nobody should ever have to think about. But now-

Now that it was right in front of you. The corpse of that red haired, wound-covered stranger filled you with an emotion. Not the panic that you could manage, or the anger that you couldn't.

In their place, you only felt dread.

Butchered like a poor cut of meat, the corpse in front of you fills you with dread. A countless number of wounds cover the young man's body, every one of which far too bloody and vicious for you to even attempt to recognize. Splayed out on its stomach, it lays in a pool of old, dried blood, coating the floor in its sickly shade. Its almost enough- No, its definitely enough to make you sick. The person who did this was sitting around, right below you? When Monokuma had mentioned the death penalty, you'd been hesitant, but this...? The thought the just one person could do anything as vile as this had you reconsidering that sentiment. This person deserves it, the dark thought runs through your head.

"Ehe... That's a pretty good expression you've got there." Huh? "Ah... To get that worked up, aha, you're really wearing that Cancer on your sleeve, aren't you, Miss Hitou?" Because you were so focused on the body, you didn't even notice the green-haired girl standing next to you coming up the ladder.

"...Wha?" And because you're still so focused on the body, all you can manage to do is gawk in surprise.

"Yeah... That reaction seems about right. First things first, though. Hoshiko Ayumu, Ultimate Astrologer, et cetera, et cetera... Nasty scene, huh?" Her brow furrowing in thought, Hoshiko paces around the scene, sending an odd jab at the body with the tip of her foot every now and again. "What do you think? An Aquarius? I can see one of those guys seeing some kind of logic in this kind of thing... Though I could see it from a Sagittarius on a bad day, too..."

"H-Hold on! What're you doing!"  Without even thinking about it, you find your hand wrapped around her wrist. What was she thinking, kicking the body around like that!?

"Definitely Cancer... Look, my shoe is hardly going to contaminate the crime scene and-"

"You're being quite disgusting, Astrologer." Out of nowhere, Masuyo- Or maybe you should think of her as Treasurer- steps into the fray. "I'm not much for sentiment either... But even I know to have a little respect for the dead." Stepping past you, Masuyo pushes Ayumu away from the corpse, and takes her place in front of it. "I'm no trained investigator... But if you're going to be behaving like that, I'll handle the body... Go investigate the area or something. See... If you can pick up on any signs... Or whatever it is you do..." As slowly and methodically as ever, Masuyo chases Ayumu away from the scene, though he only smiles in response.

"Ok, ok... Sure thing, Miss Virgo. I suck with... Leos? Anyway."

HOSHIKO AYUMU has been added to your Report Card!

"Now... Before you try and say thank you or something... Help me out here instead... Like I said... I'm no trained investigator... I'm only good at putting things together... Not finding them..." Somehow, the girl's attitude helps the knot in your stomach loosen up a little. Maybe its just because she helped handle Hoshiko, but something about how she's handling the situation helps you relax.

"Ah..." You smile a little. "Sure, um..."

1. "What about the wounds... They're a little ah, brutal, d-don't you think?"
  2. "What about the wounds... They're a tad much, d-don't you think?"
  3. "M-maybe there something on the other side..."
  4. [WRITE-IN]

The Truth Bullets section has been added to your Student Handbook! Go check it out!

4. ask about an autopsy report

Users who are viewing this thread