Danganronpa ?: Royale Redux

3. Monokuma is already trying to pit you against every single other person here, so...

You can feel the eyes of your so-called 'classmates' boring into you. But putting aside what you can only assume to be your better judgement, you decide to push on regardless. You could patch up any first impressions later, but you had no idea when the next time you were going to be able to interrogate this bear was going to be.

...Now there was a line you were never expecting to think.

"So... What? However gets the best grades wins their way into the school?"

"What?" For a moment, the bear seems genuinely confused, before laughing smugly. "Upupupupu! Grades? What are you, a girl thrown out of time? No no, Hope's Peak, the brightest and greatest beacon of hope in the world wouldn't rely on grades! That's just old fashioned! We educators at Hope's Peak only rely on the most cutting edge of education techniques!"

"...And what would they be?"

"Why, killin' of course! Don't you read the paper?" A wave runs through the crowd. Was he being serious? No, there was no way, right? This was probably just some kind of twisted prank by whatever staff member had been enough of an asshole to lock you all up in this room. After the few moments, the crowd seems to think much the same as one of them bursts into laughter.

"Ahahaha! You kidding me? Damn, bear, you had me all tensed up for no reason! Jeez, man, give a guy a warning before you go cracking a joke like that." Dead in the center of the crowd, the brown haired boy continues to laugh, the odd chuckle still running through his voice as he speaks.

"Yeah... I was expecting a reaction like that... What else could I expect, really? I mean, a buncha stupid kids like you knowing the truth when you see it? My hopes were just toooooo high... But that's ok! I'll be sure to mend those lame little doubts soon enough! At least, eventually I will, but for now..." Rummaging around in his... Back pockets? For a moment, Monokuma throws his hand up into the air, sending a rain of small, black tablets into the air with a triumphant laugh. "Upupu! For now, it's present time! I present to you all, the official Hope's Peak state of the art student handbook!" Despite half expecting it to be some sort of trick, you instinctively swipe for one of the machines dropping out of the air. Even if this was fishy, there was no way you were going to let something like this just go smashing into the ground. The moment you catch it the screen lights up, the ever-distinct logo of Hope's Peak spinning on the screen as the device boots up, and brings you to a surprisingly video-gamey looking menu.

001-handbook.png

"Man, what's this? Not a cheer to be heard? Man, you guys really suck... You know how much I had to nag the Chairman to get you dropouts those things? ...Well, whatever, a teacher works not for appreciation, only results... Such a sad life...But I guess you guys don't really care about that, huh?" Across the room, you hear a disproportionally loud click emerge from the door. "Well, fine then! This Assembly is over, get outta here!" For a moment, the crowd shuffles in confusion, before the doors swing open.

"I said... Get outta here!"

Taking the hint, most of the crowd shuffles out of the room as quickly as they can, leaving only you and a couple of other students behind. Either too rebellious, or too slow to keep pace.

1. Follow the rest of the crowd out. Time to take a look around, you guess, maybe try and clear things up with a person or two while you're at it.
  2. Go say hi to one of the students still hanging around, a brown haired girl in student uniform. Probably the only one actually wearing it in the whole class.
  3. Go say hi to the other student still hanging around... Masaki... Is he hanging around you on purpose or something?

Hey, me again. Sorry to show up so soon, but you guys ought to know you unlocked something new. That student handbook thing. You'll be able to access it now through a subforum... As simple as that, really.

For now, you won't have all the features unlocked. Don't worry, though, a couple more will crop up when they're important.

Well, with that... I guess it's time for me to go.

Seeya.

Last edited by a moderator:
2. She seems nice and friendly and normal and totally not going to be a homicidal maniac at all.

2. girls in uniforms [COLOR= rgb(84, 84, 84)]( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)[/COLOR]

1. Now's the time to deal with the previous issues that stupid bear tried to stir up and figure more out about where we are.

...Just one thing after another, wasn't it?

Get locked in a room. Get yelled at by a talking stuffed animal. Have the room turned against you. Get threatened into leaving the room that they locked you inside of. Fuck, at this point, it was hardly even a surprise. Maybe if he- No, maybe if it had been a tad more polite, you'd actually listen to it. But at things stood you were far too broiled up to listen to anything that stupid toy said unless it had a gun to your head.

And at the very least, some of your so-called classmates were too. Or rather, one of your so-called classmates, if you discounted Masaki. Which you did.

Brown hair framing a frown-ridden face, another girl looking to be around the same age as you finds herself lingering around the auditorium, her gaze flicking about the room. The irony was lost on you. Approaching the upset looking brunette? Were you trying to imitate Masaki or something?

"Hey..." Approaching her, you mutter the first greeting that comes to mind, only to be met with the response of her gaze falling onto you, silently. Seconds, which feel like minutes tick by as eyes scan you much the same as they did they room, their owner making no attempt at conversation until she nods to herself, seemingly satisfied.

"...Dethroner, right?" Ouch. Not even a twitch of a smile on her face. "Huh... Would have thought you'd be avoiding everyone like the plague after your little show with the bear... Though, I guess running around trying to patch things up is fairly likely too... It'd be a whole lot easier to trip us up if we trusted you..."

"H-hey now..." Much to your frustration, your voice catches on itself. Man, this was just way too unfortunate. You'd been pretty sure of it already, but talking to the girl really made the fact that you'd managed to make enemies of the better half of the class set in. And if you were to believe it, they were even from Hope's Peak. What a crew to play the villain to. Did the world even know the meaning of fair? "Listen, I've got no idea what that thing was talking about, OK? I don't even want to get into that school of yours, I'd just get thrown out the moment the first exams came around..." Hearing the words come out of your mouth, you can't help but feel like they're a little... Sad. Since when did your self-esteem get that low?

"Sure sure... One hundred percent normal high-school girl, right? Maybe I'm just paranoid... But with the situation we're in, that doesn't seem all too believable..." For a moment, her voice trails off in thought, before her eyes lock onto yours. "Then again... Holding all my cards to my chest will just give you room to move around, if you're with the thing... So..." Unexpectantly, the girl extends her hand towards you, though the defensive expression in her eyes doesn't falter in the least. "Kimiko Masuyo, Ultimate Treasurer... Not quite sure if it's nice to meet you yet, so, for now... We'll be acquaintances, Dethroner..."

"Really, you can stop calling me that, I do have a name..." Tentatively, you take her hand. "Namie Hitou, okay?" Chiming out your name, you put on the best smile you can, though it admittedly isn't the best. The girl throws you off almost as much as Masaki did. But at least she doesn't make you want to punch her.

"Hitou... Huh? Nokay..." As she drops your hand, you can't help but be taken aback. What in the world did you do wrong? "Names are for friends... So for now, I'm going to call you Dethroner, okay?" Of course, you protest, though she brushes you off without too much thought. "I would also prefer it if you didn't use my name... Treasurer will be fine..." With that and one last glance in your direction, the girl shuffles out of the room without the slightest hint of a goodbye, leaving you far too baffled to follow her. Was everyone here going to be this weird?

Jeez, what a start. What are you even supposed to do after a conversation like that?

1. Masaki is still hanging around, though he looks considerably more amused than the last time you looked at him. Somehow, you don't exactly feel bad about the thought of letting out a little frustration onto him.
  2. The only one still hanging around is Masaki. You can probably find something less annoying to deal with if you go exploring.

Congrats! You unlocked your first Report Card. Feel free to go check it out, though, until you get to know 'Treasurer' better, you'll only be able to see some basic trivia.

So, begrudgingly, you put one foot in front of the other, and make your way in his direction. He didn't even bother waiting until you'd made it to him to open his mouth.

"Oh man, you tried talking to Masuyo, huh? Mercy on your soul." Folding his arms in amusement, Masaki doesn't even try to hide how much of a kick he's getting out of this. "Sorry sorry, just, she has quite the effect, doesn't she? Tall, dark, and mysterious... And even ruder than you!" You clench your hand. He was really asking for it, wasn't he? If you didn't know better, there was a decent chance of you swinging at him right then and there. But you doubted that'd exactly help with the class's suspicions of you.

"You really are impressively annoying, you know that?" Approaching, you pocket your hands. No need to tempt fate with and easy swing.

"Oh, man, you really are harsh, do you know that? I was just kidding. Kidddiinng! I'm sure there's a diamond in all that rough, haha!" Breathe. At this point, you were questioning if the guy was actually trying to annoy you, or if he was just an idiot. Seriously, was it possible for someone to be this much of a pain on purpose?

"I..." Feeling some kind of insult welling up in your chest, you take a deep breath, and relax. Slowly, a smile creeps across your features. If he was trying to annoy you, there was no way you were going to give him what he wanted. "I... Haha! That's a nice one! Really, really really nice! Great!" For some reason or another, you fold your arms to match his. "But I didn't come here to chat about how lovely I am, unfortunately! I want to talk about that show of Monokuma's! Don't you think that's more important, Masaki?"

Annoyingly, Masaki only seems bemused by your behaviour. "Oh, right... I guess that is a big deal, huh? Whatever, then! Diamonds are forever, right? So the topic can be too! Let's get back to it, sometime." You aren't quite sure whether he's being clever, or stupid. "So... What about you? Anything stick out? I mean, of course, putting aside... The ah..." For a moment, Masaki stops to ponder what to say. For once, you can tell what he's thinking. Like, really, what didn't stick out? Almost everything that stupid bear said was absolute nonsense. Hell, it'd probably be easier to focus on the things that didn't...

"Hey!" Interrupting your thoughts, you hear that bear's already familiar voice scream out from in front of you. How did it even get there? "You two! What the hell!? Didn't I tell you to get out of here? We grown-ups have important things to do here, shoo!"

A few moments later, you find yourself loitering around the now closed entrance to the auditorium, sat up against the wall with Masaki.

"Man... Great timing there... I guess we were lingering around there for a little too long, huh..." He sighs. "Well, whatever, it's not like the room was anything special... Though..."

"...You're a little curious about what he's doing in there" Hearing you finish his sentence, Masaki looks surprised. So do you. Did you really just do that? Man, you hoped that didn't become a habit, the thought even made you feel a little ill. "I-I mean, who wouldn't be, right? He was just talking about having us kill each other, and now he's setting something up... Kinda dodgy, yeah?"

"...Yeah." Smiling, Masaki hops to his feet and begins to pace away. "But sitting around here won't help us find out!"

It occurs to you that you could probably slip away, if you wanted.

1. Explore with Masaki. Maybe he wasn't quite as bad as you thought, at least, not bad enough to ditch. Not in this situation.
  2. Explore on your own. Or maybe he was worse. He did spend half your conversation insulting you, right?
  3. Stay seated. You're comfy.

Congrats! You unlocked another Report Card! Go check that out, if you like Memesaki! Though, it isn't quite full yet. Maybe it'll fill out if you chat with him some more?

1. You may run into other people as you explore. Because other people are already suspicious on you, Masaki may act as a buffer to those suspension during your conversation with others. 

And pat yourself for doing a good job holding in your temper. 

Users who are viewing this thread