• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Danganronpa OC RP - Post DR1, Pre SDR2

mmmothman

everything in the right place!
Ok, so yeah, killing game and pre-game RPs are pretty common place for Danganronpa, but I'm personally really interested in a completely different era of the timeline, namely the DR:AE era. Spoilers ahead for basically the entire series aside from V3.
Setup
Of particular interest to me is the Another Episode/DR3/Killer Killer era of canon. As such, the plot I envision is something along the lines of this: our characters are survivors after the tragedy, and where they fit into it is a group choice. I could picture either members of the remnants of despair, a group from the Future Foundation, or just people trying to survive. It's largely up to whatever we decide as a group. The plot of the RP is just the group trying to survive in a world that's kind of gone utterly nuts. The goal is hard to say here, it would probably be based upon what we decide the OCs are aligned with.
Characters
The characters should fit these requirements:
  • Was at one point in some way related to Hope's Peak, the Future Foundation, or the tragedy as a whole.
  • If they are a former student, their talent should not overlap with any other player. Yeah, I know that talents do get reused in talents, but it makes for a more fun group if everyone is really different!
  • Somewhat realistic. Canon-typical, I mean. This mostly is to prevent godmodding--your character should not have extreme and explicit magic powers, they should not be able to solve every problem.
  • Please consider how the setting is going to change your OC. How do they cope with the situation? Why is it that they have lived this long when so many others have failed? I would love to go pretty in depth in the way the tragedy changes characters.

What I would like from RPers:

• Good OCs! The more unique, the better.
  • Good behavior. Please be respectful.
  • Discord, for OOC or side threads, maybe? Totally optional, though. PMs are quite fine.
  • Literacy! You don't have to post super long or anything, but just make sure you're giving people enough to work with. One-liners are hard to reply to!
  • Activity! Try to be on when you can, though I get it if you aren't often available. Just let me know if you're going to be gone a while.
  • I don't require romance or anything, but I'll RP it if it comes up naturally. I am willing to do any pairings in terms of gender/sexuality, but I'm not terribly comfortable with f/m sometimes.
  • Just have good RPing etiquette, basically!
If you are interested in this concept, please PM me or post in this thread. I would like it if you could send me a shortish bio or RP sample of your character to me via PMs, just so I can get a feel for your writing and character, as well as the character I would like to play, but you don't have to immediately or anything! Thank you in advance!

Hello! Yeah, it's me again. I just wanted to say that I'm currently into danganronpa myself. And I would enjoy creating interesting charaters to roleplay with. But you might be looking for someone more experienced, maybe? Because it sounds like you put a lot of value in going through with an indepth plot, and I don't really have much practice with that. But if you can overlook that, I would like to challenge my writing and have a good time, at least.
Though again, I don't have any ref sheets yet. But maybe sometime later?
Sorry if two threads at once is too much, haha.

Hello! Yeah, it's me again. I just wanted to say that I'm currently into danganronpa myself. And I would enjoy creating interesting charaters to roleplay with. But you might be looking for someone more experienced, maybe? Because it sounds like you put a lot of value in going through with an indepth plot, and I don't really have much practice with that. But if you can overlook that, I would like to challenge my writing and have a good time, at least.
Though again, I don't have any ref sheets yet. But maybe sometime later?
Sorry if two threads at once is too much, haha.
I don’t care too much about experience! The only way to grow is by RPing and practice, so I’d be happy to take you up on your offer.
I don’t mind multi-threading either, this is an idea I’ve wanted to play with for a while, so I’ll take any opportunity!

hey! im totally interested in this concept! would you like me to pm you with questions or anything?

hey! im totally interested in this concept! would you like me to pm you with questions or anything?
Hiya! So, this is about Danganronpa, right? Sorry, the threads are a but confusing for me, still. Ah, what do you mean with questions though? About the RP itself and/ or the characters?

Hiya! So, this is about Danganronpa, right? Sorry, the threads are a but confusing for me, still. Ah, what do you mean with questions though? About the RP itself and/ or the characters?
it was about the rp itself, but they got answered!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back