Danganronpa Main RP Thread

Ayu covered her mouth with her hand to withold another burst of laughter, this time because of Eiji. Once she calmed down a bit, Ayu wiped away a small tear that formed on her left eye. "What are you talking about? I've been saying I'm not averse to killing since yesterday, or did you forget? Jeez, you really are a wisecrack." She pushed herself up from against the wall, looking at Katsukou making an ass of himself again. There was a glaring failure in Katsukou's argument, yet nobody was pointing it out. Apparently, it was up to Ayu to set the record straight again. Before she could, however, Nishimoto spoke up after a brief pause. They were confused and seemed to forget what they were saying. 

"I'm not in a rush, take your time. Meanwhile, however..." Ayu gave some quick reassurance before walking forward towards Chess and Katsukou. Chess seems to already be retreating, leaving the girl to wonder why he even bothered to throw the can. 

"Hey, showoff." Ayu greeted the SHSL snowboarder surprisingly casually, then noticed Yoko tending to his wound. 

"Oh, game-girl. You're here too, didn't see you. Don't pay me any mind," Ayu paused and looked up at the guy who was getting his wound treated. Her short stature made it really awkward to be taken seriously.

"So, Yanaki. That loophole doesn't work. In order to 'Get away' with it, a class trial needs to be held and won. With all these witnesses here, that seems unlikely. So, the best result you're going to get...?" Ayu trailed off, smirking and holding up four fingers and rubbing her stomach.

"Are you sure you still want those coins now?" The girl crossed her arms and gave the boy a rather serious questioning look, a sudden transition from that cocky smile from earlier.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, someone is frantically searching the place. "Augh, where'd it go?! Where'd it goooo?!!" Yaeger spat out as he rummaged through drawers and shelves, though without any fruit of his labor. No matter how much he searched, he couldn't find what he lost. With a sigh, Yaeger resigned himself to that fact and shuffled out the kitchen doors and into the hallways. Almost immediately after stepping out the boy noticed Rin, fiddling with a tablet. Part of Yaeger wanted to scuttle off because that woman was scary, yet the other had a lightbulb switch on as he realised what to do. Yaeger took a few careful steps forward, before...

"Hey, Tanaka!" The boy tried to be as casual as possible with his greeting, freezing in place when he did. A little voice in his head told him not to get too close if he valued all five of the fingers on his waving hand. Still, there were things he needed to ask that took priority over regular conversation.

"Hey, err... Have you seen a really pink powder in a green bottle around here somewhere?"  Yaeger asked with a bit of a goofy smile, with the alarm bells in his head continuing to go off. He was definitely booking it if Rin showed any sign of wanting to take his head off.

Katsukou's gaze shifts from Chess' back to Ayu, feeling numb but he refuses to sit. He frowns at the girl, still remebering their interaction before breakfast (and the insult...), and the frown deepens. He looks at the black scarf in front of him and then look at Monokumada's general direction. The ponytail girl brought out a good point about the definition of "getting away," and perhaps that is a reason why Monokumada is not giving him his coin? He doesn't believe that is to be the case. Katsukou is not much of a debater so instead he asks, "Why would a successful murderer need coins?"

He looks at Ayu, his face lighter from the frown. His looks at the girl with a firm stare, a little bit guarded, but he doesn't feel... offended. Yeah, that is a good word. And maybe a bit curious too. This is a girl who threw a knife at him after all. Unfortunately for the teen, he is unaware of the trial held for assults.

"I thought the class trial is only for murder, and assult isn't just that." The snowboarder continues. "Verbal assult is a thing too but if we have a trial for all the dis been said, we'll be stuck doing tials all day and that's stupid.

He may not be a debater but having a seat in the National Ski and Snowboard Association, Katsukou is aware how talks like these goes. Long meeting and interviews, including onces right after a performance, may not be his thing but they happens to him anyways. So, he decides to defend his position. "I did got away with sexual assult. Sexual assult is a... unwanted bodily attention, including butt slaps, skirt flips, and, and..." He tries to think of a male equivalent for a skirt flip, but all he can think of his previous experience is... well. Blood seems drains out from his cut faster. Let's keep that for himself, shall we?

"Pantsing." Katsukou finishes off, lamely. Then he continues, he needs to sell this if he wants those coins. "Nobody stopped me while I was slapping butts around. If so, that would be an attempt sexual assult, but noone did, and he," Katsukou gestures with his hand at Monokumada, "confirmed I did it."

@Ammokkx

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hey, Tanaka!" The boy tried to be as casual as possible with his greeting, freezing in place when he did. A little voice in his head told him not to get too close if he valued all five of the fingers on his waving hand. Still, there were things he needed to ask that took priority over regular conversation.

"Hey, err... Have you seen a really pink powder in a green bottle around here somewhere?"  Yaeger asked with a bit of a goofy smile, with the alarm bells in his head continuing to go off. He was definitely booking it if Rin showed any sign of wanting to take his head off.

Alarmed, Rin hid the tablet into her pocket in panic as she swiftly turned towards the source of the sound, drawing her body back before she pulled her left hand up between her and the boy, striking a posture for an attack.

After realizing that it's one of her classmate, she swiftly adjusted her posture and straighten her body as she stared down to the boy, feeling relieved from the inside.

"So...it's you. Don't ever sneak up onto people like that, you are lucky that you are still in one piece now." Rin frowned in annoyance as she spoke coldly.

Did he see anything just now? He seems to be too distracted in seeking for help for now though...I guess it wouldn't be a major problem if I just go with the flow......

"Unfortunately, no." Rin replied as she slipped both of her hands into her pockets, seemingly starting to calm down from the anger fluctuation.

"Why is that pink powder you are looking for that important to you?" Rin asked after a short pause.

Katsukou's gaze shifts from Chess' back to Ayu, feeling numb but he refuses to sit. He frowns at the girl, still remebering their interaction before breakfast (and the insult...), and the frown deepens. He looks at the black scarf in front of him and then look at Monokumada's general direction. The ponytail girl brought out a good point about the definition of "getting away," and perhaps that is a reason why Monokumada is not giving him his coin? He doesn't believe that is to be the case. Katsukou is not much of a debater so instead he asks, "Why would a successful murderer need coins?"

He looks at Ayu, his face lighter from the frown. His looks at the girl with a firm stare, a little bit guarded, but he doesn't feel... offended. Yeah, that is a good word. And maybe a bit curious too. This is a girl who threw a knife at him after all. Unfortunately for the teen, he is unaware of the trial held for assults.

"I thought the class trial is only for murder, and assult isn't just that." The snowboarder continues. "Verbal assult is a thing too but if we have a trial for all the dis been said, we'll be stuck doing tials all day and that's stupid.

He may not be a debater but having a seat in the National Ski and Snowboard Association, Katsukou is aware how talks like these goes. Long meeting and interviews, including onces right after a performance, may not be his thing but they happens to him anyways. So, he decides to defend his position. "I did got away with sexual assult. Sexual assult is a... unwanted bodily attention, including butt slaps, skirt flips, and, and..." He tries to think of a male equivalent for a skirt flip, but all he can think of his previous experience is... well. Blood seems drains out from his cut faster. Let's keep that for himself, shall we?

"Pantsing." Katsukou finishes off, lamely. Then he continues, he needs to sell this if he wants those coins. "Nobody stopped me while I was slapping butts around. If so, that would be an attempt sexual assult, but noone did, and he," Katsukou gestures with his hand at Monokumada, "confirmed I did it."

@Ammokkx

Aioki Jioto and Yamamoto Tabanchi 

Aioki felt the the butt slap from Katsukou and was about to kill him but was held back by Yamamoto. Aioki listened to the snowboarders words in anger and noticed a flaw in wwhat he said "I thought the class trial is only for murder, and assult isn't just that." Aioki wasn't sure if see want to Laugh or Spit in his face but simply said,

"Hey! Dumbass! Did you know or forget but there are trials for assults and we watched you do it to me and 2 other people so I guess you would lose and ANOTHER THING YO-."

Before Aioki could spit more insults at him Yamamoto put his hand over Aioki mouth and Aioki growled in anger.

"Dumbass." she said again not sure if she was talking to Yamamoto or Katsukou.

(Just getting a post out.)

Ayu crossed her arms and tilted her head, the amusement she displayed from before gone in a flash. She seemed more annoyed than anything now. "...You really don't know? I don't know if you're just blissfully oblivious, or a complete moron..." Ayu threw another insult his way, taking a step back as she saw Aioko and Yamamoto approaching. That wound up being a good move, because Aioko completely lashed out at Katsukou and handily informed him of the assault trial in her stead.

"Well, there you have it. In order to get away with assault, an assault trial needs to be voted on by half the students body... and considering the entire gymnasium is a witness, you'd have to practically brainwash us to convince us not to vote for you." The girl lowered her crossed arms and turned on her heel, looking at the door on the other end of the gym.

"I'll be going now." With those parting words the little liar walked away from Katsukou. She briefly paused and looked back to Eiji, snickering. Katsukou was just an idiot, but Eiji was on a whole other level entirely. She was going to have some fun with them. After mentally reaffirming this, Ayu disappeared into the hallways of Hope's Peak.

Meanwhile, Yaeger had quickly ran back into the kitchen and slammed the door behind him when Rin looked like she'd throw a nasty left hook at him. When Yaeger slightly pushed the door open again, he could see the gangster's annoyed-but-not-hostile facial expression. "Eep. Sorry, my bad!" The boy apologized in response to the comment about sneaking up on people, coming back out from behind the door. Then Rin asked about the pink powder, which made Yaeger realize he probably should have planned this a little better.

"Err, well... Y'see... To tell the truth... Actually..." Yaeger started throwing out random buzzwords, dodging the question for a few moments as he tried to compose his thoughts.

"It's uh... Paint! Yeah, paint. Mix it with water and it creates really bright, pink paint that's nearly impossible to get off of something." Technically, the boy didn't lie. Hair dye was a kind of paint, right? Only, paint for hair. So this way, if she noticed, she wouldn't realize that she could dye someone's hair hot pink and have them run around like that for a month. 

Wait, why did he have to tell her in the first place? She said she didn't see it anywhere, so his question's already been answered. Shoot. 

"Uh... Well, err... I guess if you haven't seen it, I'll have to look somewhere... else..." Yaeger was looking for any possible excuse to hightail it out of there right now, but bolting at the wrong time would certainly earn him her ire. He didn't want the scary lady's ire.

Katsukou blinks at the Super High School Level Breeder, Aioki Jioto, and wonders what happened to the girl he met last night. Was this girl always this animated normally? Perhaps, and maybe last night, the girl was shocked like many people were. Aside from her volumous tone, what gets to him is her words and he freezes in panic. 

Is there another part to the new coins that he has glossed over? In his rush to wanting to help, he had focused just in the tab in his student tablet about the Monocoins and hadn't thought that the other rules in the other tabs might have applied to the Monocoin page. 

Ayu confirms what Aioki has said, so Katsukou pulls out his tablet to reread the rules of the others. The cool fasade he has presenting throughout this ordeal cracks. Carefully hidden in the pages, and more insulting that it is noted at a side, there is a paragraph about the Assult Trial. Cold sweat starts to form and his grip on the tablet tightens. It's all a mistake.

"I... wasn't trying to trick you guys. " He swallows empty air; his voice feels heavy against his adam apple. He watches the dark haired girl leave the gym but his eyes trails down to the ground as shame wells up in his consciousness. Was this what Chess was trying to say also? 

In his mind, Katsukou knows that he should keep defending himself. Now is a good time than never to explain himself of his action, but he feels that he has missed his chance. It is perhaps better if he get that coin and beg for forgiveness later. The snowboarder breathes deepily and without looking at anyone, he says nothing. The voice in his throat is clogged in his throat.

Getting the coins is his first priority since the beginning and to now. This is a fight that he has picked on his own, Katsukou realizes. Well, that shouldn't have been a surprise and that is okay. He had sat on enough cold lift by himself to get used to the feeling. He turns his back to everyone and marches up to Monokumada. 

"This is unfair. How am I supposed to know that what I did wrong when you failed to give us all the rules and the information you did gave is unclear and can be misinterpreted." Katsukou demands from the shorter boy. "I know that assult is bad, but your didn't footnote the fact that getting away means going through a trial of some sort. That sounds VERY important, but even that thing, the trial, is just a paragraph! As a Note!" The more he rants the more he can feel his anger bubbling up to the surface. How can he not when he is trying to reason with a kid who's idea of fun is killing and murdering?! "The thing only talks about physical assult and your dumb ass hasn't even defined what an assult is. I'm no lawyer, but even I know explaining all the important stuffs is the first thing you gotta do when playing a game." 

Katsukou wants to leave, go out and feel the rush of wind and cool his head, but he can't. So he keeps grilling the boy and take his frustration out. His getting light headed with this stress, but maybe he's lossing too much blood to his brain. "I'm trying to follow your rules, but you ain't letting me."

"Err, well... Y'see... To tell the truth... Actually..." Yaeger started throwing out random buzzwords, dodging the question for a few moments as he tried to compose his thoughts.

"It's uh... Paint! Yeah, paint. Mix it with water and it creates really bright, pink paint that's nearly impossible to get off of something." Technically, the boy didn't lie. Hair dye was a kind of paint, right? Only, paint for hair. So this way, if she noticed, she wouldn't realize that she could dye someone's hair hot pink and have them run around like that for a month. 

Wait, why did he have to tell her in the first place? She said she didn't see it anywhere, so his question's already been answered. Shoot. 

"Uh... Well, err... I guess if you haven't seen it, I'll have to look somewhere... else..." Yaeger was looking for any possible excuse to hightail it out of there right now, but bolting at the wrong time would certainly earn him her ire. He didn't want the scary lady's ire.

Rin's cold stare locked on Yaeger and listened intently as the boy spoke. 

"Hey you." Rin raised her voice a little as she demanded Yaeger attention on her.

The young lady then marched her way towards the boy step by step, and stopped right in front of him as she got close enough.

"I suppose I can help you." Rin asserted, looking down to the boy as she declared her intention to help.

"Tell me where you last remember having it with you. I am waiting." Rin asked, and was actually trying to help in all seriousness.

Despite having a cold and nonchalant attitude along with her solemn face, the young lady had surprisingly offered to help. It was certainly out of expectation that a loner such as Tanaka Rin would even bother to bug into other people's business at all. The lady is surprisingly obliging and kind. It sounds contradicting when she was known for being a gangster- a self-proclaimed "SHSL Gangster".

Meanwhile......

"Well, there you have it. In order to get away with assault, an assault trial needs to be voted on by half the students body... and considering the entire gymnasium is a witness, you'd have to practically brainwash us to convince us not to vote for you." The girl lowered her crossed arms and turned on her heel, looking at the door on the other end of the gym.

Michio turned to look at the salty girl as she hurled her bitter comments at Katsukou who was already in a poor state with the conditioned that he had forced himself into. Michio didn't appreciate the girl's remarks and the negativity it carried, still, undeniably, she was right.

Michio again turned to looked at Katsukou, starting to drift in thoughts.

Is he that desperate to escape? What is he up to? 

Michio shifted his sight onto Katsukou's face, he was not sure why, but he could feel a subtle feeling of hope and determination beaming from the boy, as if he saw a faint ray of light amid the darkness enveloping the deepest bottom of the abyss of despair.

If someone has been attacked (But not killed), a vote of half the students is necessary to start a class trial to find who assaulted X student. If the students lose the trial...

NO LUNCH FOR THEM FOR 1 DAY!

If the assaulter loses the trial...

NO LUNCH FOR THE ASSAULTER FOR 1 DAY!

We have the votes in our hand...at the end, it's all up to us whether he will get the coins or not...of course we could just point out that he assaulted us...but...we could also just...assume that we didn't see anything......

Should we really start the trial and stop him? Pointing fingers at each other...isn't that what that sickening kid wants us to do all along? Should we really played right into his hand that easily? Going after each other throats and trampling others under our feet just for our own benefits, and the end, we fall doom to no one but to our own selfishness......

What should we do now? Should we trust him?

It's all up to us now......

[SIZE= 12px]Leaving the gymnasium, they felt horribly vulnerable without their scarf. At some point they were going to have to threaten Katsukou for that back, but for now, turning around seemed to be contradictory to what their burst was about. Might as well stick with the cliche while they can. Not only did they feel vulnerable without their scarf, as if anyone could come in and crack their neck, cut their cartoid artery, aim and decapitate them... they didn't particularly have an Adam's Apple either. It was only a matter of time before someone perceptive enough realized, though luckily for them, Chess didn't really care much on their sex. It was a way to avert the suitors met through forced arranged marriages, and avoid the sexist criticisms that dictated their job in the underworld. With those thoughts occupied, they heard the pitter pat of footsteps behind them. Chess felt their heartrate spike, ready to turn and give the perpetrator the fight they desired, and yet...[/SIZE]

"So Chess-kun, what do you expect to find in the library exactly?  I think the only books we'll find in there will be a few old, dusty dime-store novels and maybe a Stephen King book or two, but I can't imagine much else.."

[SIZE= 12px]Remaining silent for a little after his question, Chess was brought back to reflect on the scenario earlier. Whether Maeda wasn't as astute as they thought he was, or he was simply being considerate, they felt a sense of gratification with his lack of questioning. It wasn't in their disposition to lose their temper like that, or really articulate and express themselves emotionally in general. The fact that they conceded an aspect which could be turned into a frality through their hard emotional exterior pissed them off. Messily shoving their unpocketed hand through their hair, they pushed the already partly open door from the last time that they were inside with their foot. The library still smelled of old paper, the dimly lit area poorly reflecting the particles of dust that loosely scattered around the room, no light to reveal the colloid. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"... psh, I'd be awfully happy to find a Stephen King book in here. Salem's Lot is a personal favourite. Though I really prefer the works and genre of Arthur Conan Doyle, or rather, the father of Sherlock Holmes."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]In honesty, it was ironic Chess took quite a fancy and envy to Sherlock, and detective novels such as so. With their line of work, a detective novel should've been the last thing that was on their nightstand. But the fascination of being able to draw broad conclusions from mere minutes of observation and the perceptive, deductable nature was something that Chess took admiration too, and greatly, sometimes even divulging itself with Chess' propsensity. Bringing themself back from their kindly cordial reveries of Holmes, the main task was at hand here. Figuring out the mystery behind Hope's Peaks Academy, and stay alive. The students they found themselves imprisoned with held a variety of skills, and it's those skills that would create scenarios intractable to replicate among a much more average setting, as such the deception of appearance by the cosplayer, Miki Mao. A scenario that can be concealed uniquely to an individual was a misdemeanor like no other.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"I was present here with the murder of Kyoko. While here, I found some files that could provide crucial information on the state of Hope's Peak, and what's happening as of now. I can't hold anamnesis on the events prior to being imprisoned, it appeared less than a few days ago I was approaching the school gates. But it doesn't seem like that's the case. I found a letter directed towards Rijinder, revealing personal information on the state of her family which couldn't have been immediate upon her entry as a student, as well as a few photos of scenarios I can't seem to recall."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Looking to the table, there should have been a collection of papers left from when they chased after the perpetrator, taking the nearby stool along with them in their chase. Digging around the mess of papers that there were, they tugged on the worn paper of the file cover that they had been looking over before the first case. They had to keep their guard up, even with Maeda's laid-back casualness that can come off as horribly bizarre and overdramatic, who knows when the scenario will come where he would turn on them? They met under such forced circumstances, there's no telling when he'd have a change of heart. At least, that's what Chess believed. Nothing could surpress the constant feeling of awareness that they needed to hold on what was happening around them. Carefully  standing by the corner of the table, they shifted through the numerous documents that they held present.[/SIZE] (@Kiseichu).

[SIZE= 12px]"You can abrade as you please. Though, feel free to tell me about yourself if you get bored, you seem like someone a girl would try to avoid bringing home to her parents."[/SIZE]

OGezrKm.jpg

"Chess"

[SIZE= 14.6667px]SHSL Hitman[/SIZE]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Location: 2nd Floor Library[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]With/Near: [/COLOR]

@GinkyGotBack 

@Kiseichu

[SIZE= 8px]god forgive me for my sins[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 8px]i hate tagging people it never works[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 8px]edit: i hate tagging more[/SIZE]

One thing Maeda took into account was what Chess looked like without their scarf.  What was most noticeable, was the lack of an Adam's Apple, a thing that most men had.  Tucking this little bit of info away for later in the deep, complicated recesses of his mind, Maeda decided to shift his focus elsewhere.  Chess seemed to pick a topic of interest upon mentioning Sherlock Holmes, a series of books he had read as a kid when he had nothing better to do.  "Ah, so you read Sherlock Holmes as well?  Such a taste in books shows elegance as well as class!  I suppose in this situation it would be appropriate if you referred to me as 'Watson.'"

All jokes aside, Maeda began exploring the wondrous world Chess called 'The Library.'  There were books as far as the eye could see, which meant that there were books.  Picking one at random, Maeda flipped through the pages, skimming through its content completely unaware that he had picked up a book about the biology of the female human body.  However, this wouldn't occur to him until he had accidentally stopped on a particularly graphic page, resulting in his face turning a bright shade of red.  Practically slamming the book shut and shoving it back into place, Maeda was about to go on as if he had never saw what he had just seen when Chess spoke up once more.

"You can abrade as you please. Though, feel free to tell me about yourself if you get bored, you seem like someone a girl would try to avoid bringing home to her parents." 

This comment cause a minor fracture in Maeda's thought process, especially that statement they made, practically insulting his character.  "Oi, oi, oi, oi!  What are you talking, you.."  Maeda took the time to look for something he could say about them, closing his eyes and rubbing his chin in thought.  He didn't really want to mention the Adam's Apple, or a lack thereof, because Maeda figured that was a touchy subject considering they always wore a scarf.  Finally thinking of something he could use to his advantage, he stepped one foot up onto the chair next to Chess, face completely blank and simply said, "Shrimp." 

MaedaStill3.JPG

Maeda stood a good four or five inches above them, something which the exorcist for hire currently took pride in.  "Just what makes you think girls wouldn't want their parents to meet me, huh?!  I'm a handsome young man, who runs his own professional business, rakes in more than enough money to live a normal life, and is practically oozing with charisma.  What girl wouldn't want their parents to meet me?"  Maeda might have been over-exaggerating with his minor freak out towards Chess, but he felt he was entitled to overreact every now and then considering how stressful his life could be.  Maeda was honestly confused and somewhat insulted that Chess would think so little of his personality.

MaedaGif6.gif

@Entarriance

Looking through the papers, Chess finds a few things of value, a receipt from a doughnut shop, a photo of Yoshi Maeda and Chess arguing, and a blank check with Monokumada's name on it. Upon closer inspection of the items, you will notice something is out of place.

The receipt has the date scratched off, the price is astonishingly high at a grand total of $10,731.

The photo of Yoshi Maeda and Chess arguing has Monokumada in the background with a smirk on his face.

The blank check has a tiny little drawing of a middle finger on the top left corner of it.

Meanwhile in one of the classrooms, Sehema had completely rearranged the room into her own personal study. All of the desks besides the teacher's pushed to the back for plenty of pacing room. While she had arranged the room, she looked for any clues that would help their situation ( @Kiseichu) After she finished, she would lay all of her files on the teachers desk and start arranging them. The files placed in Alouette's room seemed very detailed, from explaining the position of the corpse of her mother to the condition and humidity of the room. None of which explained Monokumada's confession to the murder. As she skimmed through the papers, one caught her eye in particular. It seemed like investigator's notes. From the sloppy handwriting, Sehema figured it couldn't have been Alouette's so the note in her hand was from another investigator on the case. 

"We found the body today. A gruesome sight to behold and it seems that the bastards are already long gone. That special investigator, the French gal, demanded that everyone leave so she could investigate alone. What nerve she has. Barking at men who had been here years before live we're some sort of inconvenience. There'd been rumors floating around that the girl seems to have an obsession with these two. Like this isn't the first time she's dealt with them. Looking back on it, she seemed a bit too grief stricken for an investigator working a case. Maybe this case is more personal than she lets on..."

The archer's reading was interrupted by the sound of what she took as yelling.   "Just what makes you think girls wouldn't want their parents to meet me, huh?!  I'm a handsome young man, who runs his own professional business, rakes in more than enough money to live a normal life, and is practically oozing with charisma.  What girl wouldn't want their parents to meet me?" The source of that voice was no mystery. "Looks like someone struck a nerve." She muttered as she continued her readings. She wondered if Alouette had left the gym. If she had, then where was she now? Sehema sighed and rubbed her temples. She needed to ask Alouette a few questions about her recent discovery. 

Alouette Martel

AlouetteMartel.jpg

With nothing else to do in the gym, she decided to head to the library. Surely she'd find something else in the labyrinth of bookshelves, but what the investigator managed to get was useless. A pile of receipts from a doughnut shop, an I.O.U. from Monokumada, and a piece of moldy cheese? Alouette lightly pinched her nose to spare her lungs from the smell of the cheese. Who eats in the library anyways, and how in the world did a piece of cheese get stuck in a bookshelf? So many questions about this school, but still no answers. Maybe they'd have better luck asking their kidnapper.

"Disgusting. This school must not have a janitor."

Alouette took a deep breath in and exhaled, she had a quick flashback about her past. She wondered if anyone else experienced something similar, but of course, most of them probably did. To get into this school you had to be an Ultimate, to be an Ultimate you had to be very good at something, and there's no possible way that everyone lived a happy life prior to the events of their school life of mutual killing. Another factor comes into play, she didn't know what SHSL's her other classmates were, except for Sehema Rijinder. She spent a lot of time idling in the library, enough time for Monokumada to munch down seventeen doughnuts.

"And that fatass is probably watching us right now."

While searching for clues, Sehema finds nothing of significant value that would help them escape but instead, something that may perhaps be of personal value, a picture of Alouette Martel smiling. Upon closer inspection you notice something odd, Monokumada is in the background wearing a necklace made out of doughnuts strung together.

Monokumada & Co

He sighed as Katsukou argued that he should get Monokuma coins. What was the kid thinking anyways? Was touching the butts of your peers really worth punishment, he was definitely out of his mind.

"Ah shit... I should've been more specific on what kind of assault, oh well. Look Katsukou, sexual assault does not count so therefore you get no coins, and before you start arguing any more let me tell you something, unless you physically assault a classmate then no coins for you. Justice will be delivered tomorrow so you better prepare your ass. Oh, and if any of you want your coins now, they're in your dorm room. Have fun my young grasshoppers, try not to kill each other over some coins."

Monokumada disappeared in a puff of smoke, which was actually just a smoke bomb he threw on the ground so he could walk away, the principal sighed when he arrived at his office.

"I'm going to need a lot more doughnuts to get this stress off my back, probably should watch some more horror movie bloodbath scenes."

"Oi, oi, oi, oi!  What are you talking, you... shrimp." 

[SIZE= 12px]Proceeding his statement, he seemed to have grown closer to the hitman, in order to boast what little 2-3 inches he had in height compared to them in reality. Defensively taking a step back from him, it could be seen as Chess finding Maeda to be a threat, at least intimidating by stepping up to them. Though sensibly, with the musky library air against their neck and the events that adhered, there was always a faint feeling that they feel exposed. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Shrimp? I'm 5'-"[/SIZE]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 140, 0)] "Just what makes you think girls wouldn't want their parents to meet me, huh?!  I'm a handsome young man, who runs his own professional business, rakes in more than enough money to live a normal life, and is practically oozing with charisma.  What girl wouldn't want their parents to meet me?"[/COLOR]

Before they could finish, Maeda continued with his half-yelling rant. Whatever banter Chess had intended to pull up from him didn't disappoint them, he seemed to be not particularly flustered, but at least heavily frustrated and dissettled with the statement. While Chess didn't like adding sticks to the fire, they weren't exactly someone communal. Though while the situation was in place, they might as well enjoy it. Looking back down at their hands, they began to scour through the piles of papers once more.

"Would? You're using a conditionally hypothetic statement, have you ever been in a relationship before? From the way you're phrasing it, it doesn't seem like you've had a girlfriend. How cute. It's assisted by how unnevered you are, you look ready to sock me."

As dead and lethargic the way they spoke was, it should have been obvious that they might have just lacked the capability to make the statement as lively-spirited as it had the capability of being. Though their response seemed to cut off a little short, pulling out three papers of relevance. Their eyebrows furrowed together, trying to deduce what they could about the first thing, which was a photo. Brushing their thumb over the smoother, glossier photopaper, they couldn't remember the photo being taken either. How come the past two photos I found have me?? Is this some joke, did Monokumada plan this? Maybe that's why it's lying around. With those thoughts in mind, they placed the corner of the photo between their middle finger and their index finger. Quickly curling their wrist up towards their face along with their arm with rapid succession, they snapped the photo into Maeda's direction, spinning up until the point where it should have hit him square in the forehead.

"... see what I mean? Do you remember this photo? I'm confident we have never interacted with one another. And Monokumada appears to be present in the background as well, though not seemingly to our recognition. Either we weren't aware to begin with, or we were and not acknowledging it."

[SIZE= 12px]Reaching into their jacket, they tugged out the photo with Matsuoka, with him in a wedding dress and them standing side-by-side in a suit. Definitely not something that they would have forogtten, and if anything, hunted down the photographer and vex them until the image's deletion. No way in hell would they have agreed to it. Surely enough, the image was how they (didn't want) to remember it, with Monokumada laughing in the background of the photo. What's up with that? I can't remember the image, and if he was laughing, I'm sure that anyone would notice. From the looks of it, the kid was a normal part of everyday interaction. But someone as sadistic and unforgiving as that kid? What's up? Perhaps he's a victim as well- no, he's hosting it. What events..[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Unable to wrap their mind around it, the photo with Matsuoka was definitely one that they did not want Maeda ever finding, quickly shoving that back into their jacket as quickly as they took it out. Next came a receipt and a blank check. Their eyes seemingly lighting up with a never-present hope, their eyes darted around the paper, scanning. Yet from the looks of it, the date had been scratched off, seemingly purposeful with the fact the total cost was present. What items lead up to such a grand price? Or are they unlisted?( @Kiseichu ). There wasn't a date, and a sense of disassociation overcame them for a minute. They couldn't exactly see the sun, so there wasn't a sense of time, nor a calendar, and Chess had no information on how long they had been in this goddamned Academy. It felt as if only days.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]If I can't remember, maybe... it's forced amnesia? It's a longshot, how would they be capable of that? Maybe the photos have a purpose, but if it served for major importance, they couldn't have been just lying on the library floor. It wouldn't make sense.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]The fact a check was present as well meant that something was bound to be paid off, and the doodle on the corner hinted it was someone with far less maturity than one who would have been normally capable of even acquiring a check.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Maeda, you're a 'successful' businessman, what's the length of time for a receipt of payment. All I can think of is that with an amount this big, it might be a personal loan. But it's a receipt, so there's a chance they're completely unrelated. But I know there's a time limit on check refunds and direct deposit sends."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]There wasn't a lot left in the file before Chess had to get back on their knees to scavenging the dusty, library floors for something. Though once they have what they need, tearing into Monokumada's office was definitely on their to-do list. Looking through the remaining papers, was there anything of signifigance, now taking into heavier consideration of photos and anything with relation to Hope's Peak itself? ( @Kiseichu ). [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Your face appeared flushed earlier, did you find something?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Unaware of the book that Maeda had picked up, when they had glared them down among their argument, there were traced of a dying blush on paler skin. Maybe it was a photo? There have to be plenty of embarassing photos if they managed to collect someone like Matsukou and I, taking into account Monokumada's personality. What's that kid plotting..[/SIZE]

KrbVii8.jpg

"Chess"

[SIZE= 14.6667px]SHSL Hitman[/SIZE]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Location: 2nd Floor Library[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]With/Near: [/COLOR]

@GinkyGotBack 

[SIZE= 8px]still hate tagging[/SIZE]

Before Katsukou can violently react to the denial of the coins, smoke fills the stage and the two boys are engulfed by it. Blindly, the snowboarder tries to grab the shorter boy but only swaps at empty air. His fists clentch painfully tight for his blunt nails to dig in his palm not holding the black scarf. The consequence of his action finally hits hard.

Humiliation rocks Katsukou’s core. Not the fact that he has slapped his schoolmates’ buttons but because he failed to accomplish his goal that he thought was attainable but reality was far from it. The 20 coins were his hope to bring freedom to everyone. He had it planned: the schoolmates would vote one person to send out of the school to bring help and with the person, they would have taken a walkie-talkie for communication. It would have been great. It would have brought people together and he had hoped that the students would have put away their own pride and insecurities for a guaranteed salvation they all come together for. It would have been great but it seems that hope has lost all it’s shine in Katsukou Yanaki.

He doesn’t know what to do. He wants to scream and swear; he wants to kick and throw anything that in his way, but the fear has a tight lid over the snowboard champion. The smoke in the stages starts to clear and Katsukou cannot bear to face the gymnasium.

Shit,” Katskou whispers out, and then a little louder, “This is bullshit.” Stuck in his mind, Katsukou fails to remember that a tiny gamer is still on the stage and Ayu, Aioko, and Yamamoto are just a foot from the base of the raised platform.

@Dreamtique@Ammokkx@Blu3

Michio Hiro {I just noticed that I messed up his name this whole time [sir name][given name]}

It doesn't work......

Witnessing as Katsukou's demand being rejected, Hiro let out a sigh. The tension that was building up during the event had come to a disappointing end, Hiro lowered his head as he allowed his hand to rest in the pocket of his hoodie and looked away from the stage. He then pulled the black hood over his head and walked out of the gym.

Drawing out a his palm-sized diary, he scribbled down some notes regarding the event on it as he was walking away. Hiro always feels the need to record every single detail of his daily life on his diary, even for all of the seemingly unnecessary ones, it is one of his pointless habits that he grew up with. He was so used to this process of his life that it almost became an automated action for his daily life.

Aoi Yoko

"Please go to the infirmary with me then...Katsukou big brother......" Yoko stepped towards Katsukou as she grabbed his arm  with both of her tiny palms and gave it a little tug with a determined look on her face, Yoko was still being persistent in trying to convince Katsukou to follow her and let her help him on his wound. 

[I'll do a time skip after Katsukou wound is being handled for the sake of saving time, I hope you don't mind.  You are free to ignore this if you want to do anything before that or even refuse to go with her, I can do some edit.]

"There...it should be alright now....Katsukou big brother..." Yoko gave Katsukou a smile as she did a reassuring pat on his shoulder. Yoko moved back as she allowed Katsukou that had been seated on the edge of the infirmary bed to stand up. The wound on Katsukou's face was now covered by a thin and small fragment of a silicon gel sheet.

"Don't need to worry, Katsukou big brother, the wound will not be much of a problem after this, as long as you keep the wound clean and sterile. Judging form current state of the wound, there will not be any scarring too. Let me know immediately if there are any signs of infection." Yoko asserted.

The girl seems to be quite professional at first aid and has a wide knowledge on the field despite her young age.

@TripTripleTimes

The building disbelief is capped when Yoko takes a hold of his arm and gives a little tug. Katsukou glances at the girl once but looks away in. He can't, he doesn't want to face anyone at the moment. Still, he doesn't yank his arm away from the gamer and instead follows the girl silently to the infirmary. He already caused enough trouble.

The large cut under his eye is cleaned, stitched, and finally covered. He sits on the bed and let's Yoko fuse about his wound. He doesn't flinch when anesthesia is injected or panics when needle and threads pierce his skin. As a person who enjoys extreme sports, stiches are nothing compare to boken broken bones. Through out the procedure, Katsukou makes sure to not make eye contact with the girl. 

"..." He stays silence after the girl tells him the cut is well treated. Orange eyes looks at the room wall until he finally says, "Thanks."

@Blu3 @Dreamtique

(Whoops i tagged the wrong person n on mobile.)

A voice resounded through the silence as a familiar drama-king joined the scene.

"That was quite the stunt you pulled onstage, Katsukou-san...if you had stuck the landing, it would've made the payoff that much sweeter!" He said with a light chuckle. 

"Good afternoon to you too, Yoko-san!" Nishimoto said with a short bow. "How're his wounds healing?" 

@Dreamtique @TripTripleTimes

Yoko was a little surprised as Nishimoto walked in the infirmary, breaking the silence of the scene.

The girl turned and nodded lightly at Nishimoto as he greet them energetically.

"He should be fine." Yoko replied, turning her eyes back on Katsukou.

Yoko looked down as she lightly brushed her hair to aside with her hand.

"If there are nothing else that you need my help with, I'll excuse myself then, Katsukou big brother, Nishimoto big brother." Yoko gave both of the "big brothers" a bow before she turned and walked out of the infirmary slowly.

Aware that Katsukou was in bad mood, the girl didn't say much to him before she left the infirmary silently.

"He should be fine." Yoko replied, turning her eyes back on Katsukou.

"Ah, that's good. That's good," Nishimoto said with a brief nod.

Yoko looked down as she lightly brushed her hair to aside with her hand.

"If there's nothing else that you need my help with, I'll excuse myself then, Katsukou big brother, Nishimoto big brother." Yoko gave both of the "big brothers" a bow before she turned and walked out of the infirmary slowly.

"Ah, so soon? Well, take care then, Yoko-san! I'll be here asking Katsukou-san some questions otherwise," he announced.

"Big brother...?" he thought with a puzzled expression on his face.

@Dreamtique @TripTripleTimes

Katsukou looks up at the entrance when the familiar student enters. He looks at the other guy a second longer before averting his gaze to his folded hands on his lap. He knows he would be questioned sooner or later; he just wishes that half of his face isn't so numb. 

After Yoko leeaves the room, the tension is the room is... awkward to say. Sure the silence before Nishimoto arrived was quiet and whatever, but now Katsukou is left alone with the guy he touched. He watches his thumb press together and he sighs. He left the silence go on for too long. 

"I'm sorry about that, Nishimoto-san," Katsukou says. He is not able to look up at the actor. 

@Captain Gensokyo

"I'm sorry about that, Nishimoto-san," Katsukou says. He is not able to look up at the actor. 

More awkward silence ensued.

Finally, Nishimoto decided to end it. After a soft sigh through his nostrils, he spoke up. "Even now, I'm still piecing together what the purpose of that was." The actor crossed his arms. "What're you going to try now—an actual assault? What're you getting at, exactly?" While Katsukou was still coming up with an answer, Nishimoto spoke again. "...I'd honestly like to believe something sinister isn't afoot here...especially after yesterday. I'd like to trust you, Katsukou-san, yet..." his thoughts trailed off as he mentally grasped for the words he was looking for.

@TripTripleTimes

The Meaning of Winning

"Hey, Yoko."  Hiro greeted Yoko as he gave the little girl a pat on her shoulder as he saw the girl walking alone in the empty hallway.

"Yes? Michio big brother..." The girl replied and turned to look at Hiro.

"Nothing in particular..." 

It was not hard to tell that the girl had something on her mind judging from her expression and her overall attitude. It was not unusual to see someone give in to melancholy in the situation that they found themselves in-everyone are forced to kill inorder keep their secret safe.

In fact, he himself had been bothered by this despairing feeling too for the longest and was fully emphatic for what this girl is going through, it was just a matter of holding it back. Yoko is just a little girl after all.

"Er..are you heading back to your room?" 

Yoko simply nodded in reply.

"Say, mind to spend sometime with me?" Noticing the girl's gloomy mood, Hiro decided that he could maybe do something to help the girl to cope with her feelings, or at least help to make her feel better. 

"Eh?!"

Before the girl could even agree, Hiro dragged Yoko along with him as he walked away.

Hiro tried his best to recall and layout of the school while trying not to get lost. Hiro's eyes scanned around for his destination as he dragged Yoko along with him.

"Found it, the music room." Hiro opened the door as he entered the music room, where he and Yoko woke up.

"I think these are still working......" Hiro went over to the giant TV and the gaming gear laying around the floor, he picked up a controller and examine it.

"Well, you do mentioned that you like games right? Perhaps we could spend some time playing video games together!" Hiro turned to Yoko and smiled at the girl.

"N-NO!!!"

"Huh...?"

"I-I...."

Hiro was surprised when Yoko seemed to be reluctant to play with him.

"Well..why not? I thought you told me that you love gaming? I have been itching to see your gaming skill too, SHSL Gamer!" 

"T-that is true...b-but......"

"I can't...I can't play with you...I am sorry."

Yoko faced was turning pale for some reason, it almost seemed like she was in panic, she was even trying to evade direct sight on the gaming gear, seemingly afraid of it.

"W-why?" Hiro was not expecting the reaction from Yoko. Deeply confused, he tried to find out the reason for Yoko's reaction.

Yoko was avoiding eye contact with Michio while she wrapped her hand around her body, remaining silent.

"It's meaningless...pointless...you are going to lose anyway......" Yoko took a deep breath before she finally decided to reply.

"Lose? Haha!" Hiro started to laugh as Yoko finally spoke.

"Sure, you are a SHSL Gamer after all, I wouldn't dare to compete with you. "

"...but...well....it's a CO-OP game......"

"CO-OP...game?" Yoko turned and looked to Hiro as he spoke, as if the phrase had caught her interest.

"Wait? Why do you looked so surprised? You never heard of CO-OP games? You are supposed to be the SHSL gamer here you know......" Hiro squinted his eyes as he smile and looked at Yoko's puzzled face.

"Well...in CO-Op games, we work together, have each others backs, and then we win the game together."

"In a game, there don't have to always be losers you know?"

" We can always win together."

"That way games would be more fun and enjoyable, don't you think?" 

"So...mind to join me?" Hiro took a game controller and lend it to Yoko.

Yoko stood still as she listened intently. The girl stayed petrified for a few second before she glanced at the gaming gear in Hiro's hand. A wide smile stretched across her face as she took the game controller.

"Yes! Let's win this game together!!!"

"Would? You're using a conditionally hypothetic statement, have you ever been in a relationship before? From the way you're phrasing it, it doesn't seem like you've had a girlfriend. How cute. It's assisted by how unnevered you are, you look ready to sock me."

MaedaStill16.JPG

He was right about that part, Maeda's hand was practically twitching with anticipation.  While it wasn't necessarily false, Maeda in fact had never been in a meaningful relationship before, it still pissed him off to no end.  There was a vein on his forehead that seemed like it was going to bust at anytime now.  One thought, one single though went through his mind as he simply stood there in furious silence, 'I'm going to kill him.'  He waited until Chess had diverted their full attention to their papers, as he slowly snuck up behind him menacingly, he was practically sweating with killing intent.  Just as Maeda was about to wrap his hands around Chess' exposed neck, they had slapped him in the forehead with a photograph.

"... see what I mean? Do you remember this photo? I'm confident we have never interacted with one another. And Monokumada appears to be present in the background as well, though not seemingly to our recognition. Either we weren't aware to begin with, or we were and not acknowledging it."

"Maeda, you're a 'successful' businessman, what's the length of time for a receipt of payment. All I can think of is that with an amount this big, it might be a personal loan. But it's a receipt, so there's a chance they're completely unrelated. But I know there's a time limit on check refunds and direct deposit sends."

"Gee, Chess-kun, you have a natural talent for backhanded compliments..  Is it possible that that's your talent?"  In an attempt to pass off his attempted choking, Maeda slowly gripped the photograph by both sides with his hands, and held it in front of his face to study it.  Interestingly enough, the photo was of the two of them arguing inside a coffee shop, supposedly about the blank check also shown in the picture.  Returning to his normal, non-murderer self, Maeda spoke with an analytical tone.  "As far as I can remember, we didn't meet until our arrival here at Hope's Peak.  As for the time limit on depositing checks, a bank has no obligation to cash a check six months after it's date."  Finally, a mystery that this secretive individual couldn't solve, this brought a sense of accomplishment to Maeda and brightened his mood substantially.  "I don't know why we'd be arguing over that check though, unless of course you were a client of mine at some point."  Maeda said this smugly, rubbing in the fact that Chess might have been his client at some point.  At this moment in time, the possibility of Maeda ripping off Chess satisfied his lust for revenge.

And yet, another thought had crossed his mind as he examined the photograph more closely.  The possibility that this photograph was a fake.  "Chess, has it occurred to you yet that this photo isn't the real deal?  It's very likely Monokumada has simply used visual editing to set up the scene playing out in this picture."  With the photo in between his index and middle finger, he flicked it back onto the table like a dealer deals cards at a poker table.  "You've heard of photoshop, right?  Basically you can take any image and edit it in whatever way you can imagine.  This includes, of course, dragging and dropping pictures of people onto backgrounds to fake an image.  If you ask me, that little brat has access to pictures of us and has used an editing software like photoshop to trick us into thinking we knew each other before our lives here began.(*)

@Entarriance 

@Kiseichu *(For some insight from Monokuma/kumada as to whether or not Maeda's right about photoshopping.)

Users who are viewing this thread