Danganronpa: Hope's Rise

Minori Fuse

[SIZE= 14px]SHSL Fanatic.[/SIZE]

Minori listened, then laughed at the whole steak thing. "No problem!" she grinned, "I must say meat in general, or foods as a whole are quite good as well!!" she replies with a smile. "You know you guys are so cool! you can do so many cool things!" she grins, as it was true, they cold do things she could not, how is that not cool?! In her own way she admired them, they had epic specialties. But hell, they were awesome, but so were her things!! God things were amazing! they couldn't leave without help and they were always there when you returned.

@TheDragoon @eero-prince @Captain Gensokyo

Jacques covered his mouth again, holding back laughter and hiding a smile. After a while he uncovers his mouth and nodded. "Yes, liking meat is no problem at all." Then came Minori's compliment. He was a bit alarmed when called his talent cool. Or even possibly calling him cool. "...Cool?" Did this girl just call Jacques Murayama, the Ultimate Historian cool? This was the first time someone called a historian cool. Or for Jacques that is. Maybe she was just meaning them generally, not individual. Obviously. "I don't think tracing and learning history is often called 'cool.' but alright." Dang why did Jacques have to be such a kill joy? "But..." He hesitated a bit, before giving them a slight smile for only a split 2 seconds. "Thank you. You yourself is very alright too."

@Kimona @TheDragoon @Captain Gensokyo

Woshii Zuzu

Woshii blushed again, surprised by her flattery but it kinda made him feel uneasy. "Well thanks. Let's both do our best okay? I want to hang out with you during the school day sometime. Yeah?" He laughed with a playful wink.

@Captain Gensokyo@eero-prince@Kimona

Last edited by a moderator:
Minors smiled, "of course it is!! You know so much about the past! I bet you know what happened to the Egyptions!" she states smiling. Still grinning she looked at the other, "sounds good me." She grinned. "But I rammble a lot, just warning you." She grinned.

@eero-prince @TheDragoon @Captain Gensokyo

cho yamaoka

cho giggled furiously as she finished her shout, so overcome with joy she couldn't help but double over laughing. this was, by far, the most overcome she had ever been by any emotion. every time she thought about stopping laughing to catch her breath, it only made her want to laugh more. it felt cathartic, probably. there were things cho enjoyed like this, even to such a fervent degree, but she had never had the opportunity to share them with someone else like this. after a minute or two of boisterous chuckling, she finally sits back in her seat, her hair flipping back over and her hands moving to wpe her face. she still couldn't help but giggle, but it was a lot more subdued now that she had gotten all of that out of system.

when kiyoko wraps her arm around her, cho perks up, her leftover giggles piping down as she gives a modest little smile. kiyoko was just too kind. in cho's mind, it really spoke to just how good a person kiyoko must be, to compliment her, of all people. "ehehe, thanks..." if her face wasn't already red from laughing so much, it probably would've gotten redder. "but you're the one who's cool, y'know?" she adds, giving a big stylish wink, like she was trying to imitate her. she can't help but start to giggle a little again at herself, though. when she does, she can hear the sounds of the others getting along too. she looked up to see them all - a lot of familiar faces, but some students she hadn't seen before, too. it seemed like their class was getting along impeccably.

"wow..." cho comments breathlessly, watching as jacques and zuzu banter with a girl she hadn't yet met.  "everyone's really getting along..." cho chirps. instead of thinking about what might happen to them all in the future, though, she suddenly finds herself thinking about the past. she runs a hand through her long hair thoughtfully. "um... have you had many friends, kiyoko?" she asks, suddenly, frowning a little. she winces a little as she finishes the question. of course kiyoko had had plenty of friends before - she had to have had a lot of them, really. but this was all really new for cho. she just thought, maybe, she could glean something meaningful from this.

Okawara Kazumi

SHSL Lucky Student

"Oh no no no! I don't think you were rambling at all! It... kinda makes me happy... So my talent is potential... I guess if you put it that way... I might just like my talent after all." Kazumi said with a smile. It was nice talking to someone as socially awkward as her. In a somewhat comforting way, it was nice to meet and talk to other people with the same... wavelength. Yeah let's just go with that. Besides, Kyuu seems to be a really nice person and he has a talent that Kazumi finds cool. She figured that she might have to chalk it up to her luck for meeting this person.

"Say Kyuu-san? What are you writing in that notebook anyway? You seem really attached to it too." Kazumi asked, her curiosity increasing as she noted that the paper Kyuu gave her earlier seemed to be from that notebook too. If she had to guess, it was probably a planning book of sorts.

"I'm supposed to tell my parents what happened today when I get home. So I bought this notebook earlier so I can jott down some important events." Kyuu replied as he finished writing. "I also think that events that happened here at Hope's Peak could potentially lead to a great Manga in the future. I might keep it until I graduate. . .Like a journal of sorts for future Manga plans and such." He let out a soft smile as he closed his notebook. 

Sehema Rijinder

SHSL Archer

Unfortunately Sehema had not found her way off of the school grounds to venture, but she figured the school's cafeteria was just a good a place as any to try and unwind. She sat with her legs crossed in a ladylike position, her fingers tracing over the edges of the porcelain cup which held her tea. On her face was an expression of simple content at the idea that she was finally by herself. As much as she would have continued her "act," she knew that she would need to be alone at some point in time. This "me time" was something that she truly cherished, not really interested in making friends or building memories. That part of her had died years ago. The only reason she was here was to honor the talent she inherited from her mother. Remembering how Namakura insulted said talent threatened Sehema's migraine to return once more. 'How dare he? Hypocritical bastard!' She scrunched her face and took a sip from her cup. That's ok. She'd have her day too. Besides, she didn't feel the need to hang over the fact that she knew about many of his past over his head. 

"M..May I sit with you?" Sehema had to fight back scowling at the intruder only to find that it was the upperclassman who had helped her out earlier. "Sure. Go ahead." She politely motioned to the seat across from her, the upperclassman eagerly sitting down happy that he could sit with her. However, the look on his face was one of concern. He had seen her frowning and was curious as to what would make a girl frown so hard on her first day at Hope's Peak. "Are you ok? You seemed very upset. Not to mention that the ceremony is still going on." So he was observational as well. It seemed that she had picked a smart one. She just hoped he wasn't too smart. "I'm ok. I was just reminded of a hard time in my life during the Headmaster's speech. I had to leave for a bit to be by myself." She confessed, setting her cup down as she looked to the side. She wasn't lying. Seeing Yukio had brought up some bittersweet memories, but she didn't need to disclose that much information to the boy sitting across from her. The boy assumed that she was talking about the Ultimate Despair and slowly placed his hand on top of her's, an action that caught the blonde off guard. "I'm so sorry. I probably shouldn't have asked. If you need to talk to anyone, just let me know." Sehema stared blankly at the boy and nodded. "O..Ok.." It seemed like she continued to wind him tighter around her finger and she wasn't even trying. 

"Please forgive me if this sounds rude, but is it alright if I have some time to myself?" Sehema asked the upperclassman, really wanting to be alone again to relax. The boy looked sad, but nodded his head slowly before slowly getting up. As he walked away, he turned to the archer and spoke. "Sehema...I know I just met you, but I want to tell you. You'll never be alone here. You'll always have me." Sehema kept her gaze at her teacup as the upperclassman left after that, her mouth twitching as it fought back a smirk. He was wrong, but his efforts in comforting her were valiant. She didn't need anyone else that wasn't her family. In fact, she preferred it. 

Okawara Kazumi

"Oh? That's a nice thing for you to do. Better not let those parents worry eh? Eheh..he... he. Ah...." Kazumi half-heartedly replied, an odd expression forming on her face the moment Kyuu mentioned his parents. For some odd reason, Kazumi looked a little distressed, sad even but she barely managed to hide it with a smile. 

"But its nice to see a mangaka's source of inspiration and planning process. Its just like when you buy a model kit and you start to see how its all put together before you actually cut out the pieces from the runners." Kazumi happily suggested. Using her hobby of model kit making to compare Kyuu's actions to. 

[SIZE= 12px]@Thepotatogod[/SIZE]

"Now I'm pretty sure you are wondering 'what is this gigantic mech?'" he pointed out. It was a hulking mass of pink metal,kind of weird if you think about it,but heck ,this is an academy that was modeled after another one that had a terrorist attack by a stuffed bear.  This is probably more normal than what happens in the

It had two arms at its sides and a rudimentary digital screen which formed a 9 by 9 grid at the front. It seemed to move, pulsate in the bright light of the stage like a living creature despite that it clearly looks like metal with the glossy pink.It gleamed and reflected,forming a halo all over it. Holy. It screamed out loud to the world. It screamed hope to anyone who had escape Those Times. Yes,times have changed for the better.

No matter what, the girl on it seems very impatient to show it. Very impatient. She's swaying side-to-side on the mech,hands clutching the metal. She's absolutely ecstatic. It was Itobumi Aiko's time to shine. Of course,this is her most highest achievement. The most highest achievement ever for her,she thought. It would sure revolutionise robotics,she thought further. This will be a watershed moment humanity. Convert a heinous invention of despair into another symbol of hope,that was her plan. But one question did linger in everyone else's mind was what does it do?

Hayato followed up that question with. " Meet BOB. Say hello BOB." "HELLO." the mech said in a robotic voice as it waved with one of it's hands fluidly. The LEDs on the me-I mean BOB's face  "Gentleman,meet a fully functioning AI in a robot with fluid joints. " the girl continued like a well-rehearsed act. If you stare closely at the front row , you could make out the principal smiling.

As she said that, the roof quickly gave way with a whir and and a winch to the blue sky above,blinding the students below. Epic rock music played along on queue, as one student,a fairly muscular girl with red short hair leaped up,following BOB,into the light. She carried a young man below her,quite small for his age. He looked completely average otherwise from what the pupils could make out from the blur of colours. For a few first seconds of a school performance, the spectators had seen more awe than they ever would in their life.

[SIZE= 16px]  But, some sharp-eyed students wore the face of concern. If they were right, he was carrying a pistol. Naturally,any sort of weapon in a school would make anyone nervous. But this was Hope's Peak. Everyone would naturally freak out in the same circumstance. Or was it just paranoia, first day butterflies for getting in the most prestigious school in the history of the world. Eventually, the students' eyes cleared to see the spectacle of the mech hanging on a metal beam,the brunette still hanging on (with a slight regret and nausea on her face,now),the other two seniors hanging around the arms, the boy clearly holding a Glock . The music amped up to an 11. Ribs vibrated. Testosterone filled the air. It might be possible that people would mistake this for the summoning of rock gods. Somehow,though,the school faculty stayed calm.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]  When the rocker hit a chord,a platform launched from the floor,out of a trapdoor- no multiple trapdoors from the floor. The strong girl leaped forward on each platform, one by one,in complete sync with the music. Perfect harmony. The boy leaped in a similar fashion. From here to there, there to here,it was majestic. But the boy though. He aimed at the girl. He cou-* BANG*. A shot rang through the room.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px](Sorry for being late on this)[/SIZE]

Cassandra Bellona

SHSL Martial Artist

Cassandra didn't care for the music. She glance at the A.I that confused her so much. She didn't like the noise it bothered her so much. She covered her ears a little to calm down the music and though of the quiet. The smoke cam out but her eyes were covered. BANG. Her eyes snapped open and she sprang into action. She walked up to the scene and examined the scene and looked for the guy who shot the gun.

(I hope i read the scene right XD)

Jacques gave a prideful smirk. "Of course I know about the Egyptians." He was fond of this girl, she gave him the praise that he never really got. You know, ever since he was first discovered as the "little historian". He continued to listen to Zuzu and Minori talk as he slowly took out one of the books he chose to bring. It was a mystery book, about a man named Sherkey House. The names may be silly but Jacques found it awfully realistic. He opened the last page he was on and started reading.

This was oddly enough enjoyable for Jacques. The friends he has made were so far were much nicer than his expectations. The performances from the seniors were most impressive. Though this was expected since they have been studying their talents for at least 4 years. The sound of joyous laughter and kind banter made Jacques have hope for this school year. Maybe this year would- BANG. Jacques paused hearing that sound. It sounded a lot like a gunshot. "Silly me... That can't possibly be a gunshot... Maybe there is an Ultimate Firework maker or something... Just not a gun." He looked up from his book and automatically regreted everything. It was a gunshot. He could feel his expectations of this school plummet. "This can always be a trick... Yes! Of course it is.. Those two are just Ultimate Actors and Actresses..." Half of Jacques wanted to believe that and the other half knew that wasn't the case and he was lying to himself.

Minori smiled and opened her mouth to speak again,- jumped a little t the gunshot, she looked about, quickly finding the source, now the mech. was cool, but she decided it would be better to focus on the gun.

@NANANANANANANANANANA @and everyone else, to lazy to do so though.

Mizu Kurosaki

Far off to the back left of the gymnasium lay the body of a tall man. Behind the seats he lay asleep using his hood as a pillow. His longer, sorta messy brown hair covered his eyes partially. He had slept through it all; the lights, the sounds, everything. This wasn't really like him. Perhaps he stayed up too late the nights prior and it finally caught up to him. He planned on meeting everyone later today after his little nap but with the sound of the gunshot he jolted awake.  The empty gym scene he fell asleep to was replaced with a chaotic horrifying one. Perhaps accepting the invitation to Hope's Peak was a mistake. He hastily made his way to the door and looked around. "Why the hell aren't there any alarms?" He shouted in both frustration and panic. He decided there was nothing he could do other than protect himself and decided to try to leave. He had a feeling it wouldn't be so easy to get out of this one.

cho yamaoka

there wasn't much time before the show started up again, so cho simply kept quiet and went back to watching, her eyes wide and starry. she was still not as sure on why this was impressive, but she knew this must be top of the line stuff, so she ate up every moment of it. her throat got a little tight, though, at the sight of the boy with the gun as the performance went on. 'that can't be real, right...?' she thinks quietly, trying not to worry to much about it. after all - these people were security checked or something, right? the history of this school made it just prime for future attacks. surely it must be impossible for something like a gun to get through the gates? she tried to just relax and enjoy the show, but internally, she was a bit antsy from that point forward. as were many people, probably. "i bet the headmaster wasn't told about this, huh?" cho off-handedly remarks to kiyoko, before looking back over to the stage.

[SIZE= 16px]that was about it. from there, she only sees the boy leap once last time before a deafening [/SIZE]BANG[SIZE= 16px]. cho doesn't even hesitate to jump up onto her seat, moving to her tiptoes to try and get a better look at what the hell had just happened. still, her cursory glance doesn't reveal much. her hands raise horrified to cover her mouth, though, afraid of what seemed to have just happened. [/SIZE]'this has to be fake...!'[SIZE= 16px] like she had thought earlier, nobody could have let this happened to them! this had to be a sick, sick prank! these inconsiderate, degenerate, morons must think it would be funny to make them all think the despair had started again! cho let out a frustrated growl, fighting back tears as she jumps back down from the chair. that time just some funny little joke! she tries to look around again from where she's at, but there isn't much to see from her height range, a bunch of other students still in front of her.[/SIZE]

what was she going to do? she didn't even own a phone... maybe she could try to move to the front and see if someone needed help? it was probably risky but... well, honestly, she couldn't excuse herself for not trying to do something, and if there were more gunshots, then maybe she could try to leave...? impulsively, she just decided to get up from her seat and try to rush up closer, to at least figure out what was happening to determine what to do next. in her mind, this still felt fake, which was maybe why she was so bold, but either way, there wasn't really much rational thought going on as she charged her way through.

[SIZE= 16px]@Nenma Takashi @NANANANANANANANANANA[/SIZE]

Okawara Kazumi

"Oh? That's a nice thing for you to do. Better not let those parents worry eh? Eheh..he... he. Ah...." Kazumi half-heartedly replied, an odd expression forming on her face the moment Kyuu mentioned his parents. For some odd reason, Kazumi looked a little distressed, sad even but she barely managed to hide it with a smile. 

'Did I...Make her feel uncomfortable?' Kyuu thought to himself as he noticed the Kazumi's Expression. However, his attention was soon shifted to something else...

-BANG!-

A Gunshot rang throughout the room as his attention was suddenly drawn to the stage. He didn't realize that the show was continuing until now, but the way that the boy aimed what appears to be an actual firearm to the girl...This might not end well. 'I have a bad feeling about this...!'

@NANANANANANANANANANA

'A gunshot? No that couldn't of been real I've done those before, load a blank fire the gun fake your death come back crowd goes nuts it's a great trick. But that sound it was way too real this might actually be happening could this be part of the show. Of course it is it has to be it's just gotta.' Kiyoko grabbed hold of Cho's hand for comfort her heart was beating a mile a minute. She needed whatever she could to calm down and think there had to be a trick of some kind something this show wasn't just going to derail out of nowhere like this it just couldn't. "Cho-chi? What...what was that?" She asked Cho knowing full well she wouldn't have the answer why would she Kiyoko just wanted someone anyone to tell her everything was alright. That things were gonna be ok and that they were safe that's all she wanted it's mostly all she ever wants even back then. She shook her head to escape the thoughts looking back to the stage wondering if anything else was happening.

The rocker stamped his feet on the floor in tune with the music. Metal plates? Yes. Metal plates shot from the ground up into the air. Clink. Kechang. The bullets hit the metal plates. They dropped straight down to the floor impossibly. More and more plates shot up. More and more bullets were shot. Now you could see what all of this is going to go. It became a ballet of precarious dangerous death. It was...somehow absorbing. The chinks and the near misses. The girl and boy teasing with death. It's reckless,stupid and weird. But....But.....it was magnificent!

But the mech though. What was it used for?

Minori grinned, The those thing was cool, it made her think of anime, but that was off topic. She enjoyed watching whatever was going on, she especially liked the near misses. She was just like that, both in the real world and with anime.

Osaka suddenly stopped whatever she was doing in confusion. She had no idea where she was or what she was doing. "Huh?"

He heard the metal clanging and turned his head around towards the stage ready to see the worst. He realized what had happened and slid against the wall, down to the floor in relief. He held his hand on his heart feeling it slowly begin to calm down as he watched their performance. He thought it was a bit unpleasant with the volume and the over the top performance, but it still was quite impressive. He exhaled deeply and began to observe the crowd of people who he hadn't seen yet. He took interest in the guy with the ponytail and the girl off to the side in the purple hair. The guy with the ponytail seemed to be a bit occupied with other people, so he made his way towards the purple haired girl first. He leaned down a bit and placed his hands on his knees, and asked her "Hey, do you mind if I sit here next to you?"

@Plasma

freetime.png

cho yamaoka

ultimate entomologist

[SIZE= 16px]cho didn't get very far before she realized what was going on. she folded her arms up, her face red with a mixture of frustration and embarrassment. really, she should have known better than to get so riled up like that. like kiyoko explained, they were probably just blanks. she felt like an idiot for getting fooled by them anyway. even so, she couldn't help but blame just a little bit of it on the performers. surely, they should've realized how riled up people could get about this sort of thing, everything considering? still, she turned her head away from the stage, sort of ashamed of herself for letting herself go so far over something that now looked so clearly fake. she stood where she was for a moment, trying to hide her for a moment that she had panicked, before trekking back over towards her seat, her enjoyment of the demonstration kind of soured for the whole experience. she didn't look back at kiyoko, but cho’s face probably made it clear how she was put off by the whole thing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]at first, she doesn't really say anything. she doesn't really want to; as kind as kiyoko was, it felt pathetic to call attention to it. however, her pride and her lingering distaste started to get the better of her. “they had to know that would scare people,” she asserts bitterly under her breath, wringing her fingers anxiously. maybe she was stupid for getting scared, but the more she thought about it, the more justified she felt. even if they were professionals, it seemed stupid to her. there were dangerous talents, sure – hell, cho’s talent could be fatal done wrong – but this seemed… pointless. they didn't have to use guns to show off… whatever their talents were. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]she shakes her head. [/SIZE][SIZE= 16px]“i– i don’t want to watch…”[/SIZE][SIZE= 16px] she confesses. her heart was jumping as bit as the gunshots continued to fire. she would feel bad able leaving in the middle of a performance, but staying like this felt equally unbearable. as painful as it was to admit, she really couldn't get used to the loud, sudden bang of the shots. she nervously reached for kiyoko’s hand again, her other hand reaching to cover her ear. [/SIZE][SIZE= 16px]“i, um, don't like this one as much,”[/SIZE][SIZE= 16px] she laughs shakily, trying (and probably failing) to be appear casual about it.  she just didn't want to do this again. she was tired of looking so pathetic around someone as cool as kiyoko was.[/SIZE]

mentioned:

[SIZE= 16px]@Nenma Takashi[/SIZE]

Kyuu was speechless. He didn't know what was happening on stage, but the way the performers moved on the stage is...Is truly graceful!

"T...This is beautiful!" Kyuu spoke his mind all of a sudden, as his hand began to move on his own, jotting down everything he saw and how he can use it in a new manga that'll blow everyone's mind! Perhaps he could use it in his ongoing series, the [ B R 3 A K + + ]! Who knows? His hand is jotting down details like crazy!...He should review these later since his eyes are technically curious on what's gonna happen next. . .

Users who are viewing this thread