Danganronpa: Hope's Rise

Woshii Zuzu

Woshii sighed. "Alright, we can look around some I guess." He said. Woshii's face now changed to a large grin once more. "Alright Ishi, I'll agree as long as we get to hang out!" He said, his heart filling with excitement. He wondered what other kinds of friends he'd meet and experiences he would have, and where they would go.

---Freetime Event---

[SIZE= 24px]@Captain Gensokyo[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

cho yamaoka

this was a momentous moment. today was the first day of cho's time at hope's peak, and god she was jittery. she had seen the academy's building from this distance in the pictures and the articles she had looked over concerning the school, but now that she was finally approaching it for herself, it was truly an intimidating sight. as she walked up to the gates of the school, she couldn't help but smile anxiously. unlike the other private school she had attended in the past, she was genuinely excited to be here. this was a school with people studying niche interests like herself! this was a school where she was almost guaranteed to be able to continue studying that interest! on salary, no less! for the first time in a while, she truly found herself hopeful for her future.

however... today was the first step of a long, three year journey. to start, she was going to make it through the gate. carrying a small, opaque glass carry-on bag and a book bag slumped on her shoulder, she turned the corner to her future; she stood in front of the gates of hope's peak. '...huh?' she thought to herself bewilderedly, looking out into the courtyard. 'the gates are already open?' cho looked down to her wrist with confusion, before her eyes went wide with shock. where the hell was her watch?! she eyes looked desperately to her book bag, and then to the building. what time was it right now, even? did she even have time to look for it?! "argh!" yelped squealed indignantly, raising her clenched fists up to her chest. why was something like this happening on her first day?!

using her all of her nervous, exasperated energy, she ran through the gates, completely missing the fact the headmaster was in the yard, and stepped up to the group of students all gathered around near the front. "e-excuse me!" the small, blue-haired girl said loudly, her face beet red with embarrassment and fear. she definitely would not just waltz up to another student normally, and especially not a group of them, but she really could not tolerate being late. she was mortified at the thought of her classmates thinking she was unmotivated because she couldn't be at school on time on the first day. "w-what time is it...?" she asked, her voice sheepishly quieting as she finally looks at them all. after a few moments, her green eyes look down to the ground, unable to meet their own. they all looked older than her. most people did, actually, but now she was worried that she had just interrupted upperclassman. god, this was horrible.

Kiyoko was waiting for the others when a new girl came running towards them. The girl seemed out of breath and was super red in the face Kiyoko got closer to look at her good. "Hmm." She said rubbing her chin the girl then looked up to ask what time it was Kiyoko couldn't miss her chance this was it, she'd finally get to say it. She spun pointing at the girl smiling wide. "Time for you to get a watch!" She said then bursted into laughter at her terrible joke it was one she learned back in middle school, she'd been dying to use it ever since. She wiped away a tear as she stopped laughing. "No but really we were just about it head in for the assembly. I'm Kiyoko Hibiki aka Kiyoko the Wonderful or Kiyo if you want. What about you what's ya name?" 

@Captain Gensokyo @TheDragoon @eero-prince @rusticyawn

cho yamaoka

cho clenched the hem of front of her skirt tightly, trying not to cry at kiyoko's silly joke. was she trying to make fun of her? listening to her laugh was almost too much to bear. "i... have... a watch..." she mutters out under her breath, shifting uncomfortably where she stood. when kiyoko sobers up a little and answers her honestly, cho's tense posture eases up a little, a small sigh of relief escaping her lips. 'she doesn't hate you... they don't hate you,' she repeats in her thoughts, trying to rebuild the remnants of her former confidence. she takes a breath.

"t-that's good, then," she says, puffing up her chest a little to try and bolster her courage a little more. "my name is cho yamaoka. it's, um," she stops, looking up and around to all of them again, this time meeting their eyes. "nice to meet you all." after a moment, she rubs her wrist dejectedly, trying not to worry too much about her missing watch. "i think i packed it... my watch i mean," she admits dejectedly, biting her lip.

"Time for you to get a watch!" She said then bursted into laughter at her terrible joke it was one she learned back in middle school, she'd been dying to use it ever since. She wiped away a tear as she stopped laughing.

Natsumi rubbed the back of her head embarrassedly. "Thaat...was awful," she said with a huff. "Seriously! You should be ashamed for cracking a joke as bad as that!" She laughed with mock arrogance.

"i... have... a watch..."

"No but really we were just about it head in for the assembly. I'm Kiyoko Hibiki aka Kiyoko the Wonderful or Kiyo if you want. What about you what's ya name?" 

"t-that's good, then," she says, puffing up her chest a little to try and bolster her courage a little more. "my name is cho yamaoka. it's, um," she stops, looking up and around to all of them again, this time meeting their eyes. "nice to meet you all." after a moment, she rubs her wrist dejectedly, trying not to worry too much about her missing watch. "i think i packed it... my watch i mean," she admits dejectedly, biting her lip.

"Good to meet'cha! Cho-chan, right? My name's Ishikawa Natsumi. Oh yeah, you were worried about the time, right? Weell, the time's actually..." she flashed a playfully mocking look at Kiyoko. "7:54! No need for that watch now, eh?"

@rusticyawn @Nenma Takashi

@TheDragoon @eero-prince

Jacques quietly observed everyone. Even the new girl who just walked in. He nodded slightly when she introduced herself. There were starting to get quite a lot more people here. But that was usual since this was a class after all. Of course there would be quite a lot of people. 

If the time really was 7:54 then that meant they all had time for freetime events. Jacques could probably read his book or maybe even continue hang around with the rest. Or both!

Wait. He forgot to introduce himself to the younger looking girl. "I'm Jacques Murayama. A pleasure to meet you Cho". 

@Nenma Takashi @rusticyawn @Captain Gensokyo @TheDragoon

Kiyoko pointed at the girl as she had decided on the new girl's nickname. "From now on I'mma call you Cho-chi!" She proclaimed then held her hand out to the girl onto the snap her fingers and flowers to appear almost out of thin air in her hand. "Boom magic! Here for you." She says handing the flowers off to the girl with a smile. "Think of it as a symbol of our friendship, out of nowhere yet still pretty." 

@eero-prince @rusticyawn @Captain Gensokyo @TheDragoon

Woshii Zuzu

Woshii saw a new girl had come and he smiled his charming smile. "Hey! Nice to meet you! I'm Woshii Zuzu!" He told her as he walked over to her and bowed politely. "But please call me Zuzu. I'm the Ultimate Fencer by the way. Pleasure to meet you... Cho was it? That's a cute name." He laughed. The girl had a particularly shy aura about her. He took a slight liking to her as a result. He gave her a thumbs up. "Let's do our best okay?"

@Nenma Takashi @Captain Gensokyo @eero-prince @rusticyawn

cho yamaoka

as everyone began to speak up and offer their introductions to her, cho's nervous smile couldn't help return to her face. she really couldn't believe it. she had tried to be as optimistic as she could as she got out of bed this morning, but even as she tried to think positively on what might happen today, she had never dreamed it would go this well. to most, this kind of reception might be considered just a staple of everyday daily lives, but this felt absolutely unprecedented. was hope's peak just this kind of place?

[SIZE= 16px]in any case, she nodded gratefully to each of them as gave her their name, and especially as kiyoko reached out to hand her a flower. it took her a moment to process what had just occurred, but her eyes sparkled with amazement as she gently took the flower out of her hand. by the time everyone had finished speaking, cho was so overjoyed she almost felt like crying again, but at least this time not from paranoia. to zuzu's declaration, though she's clearly a bit reluctant at first, she carefully mimics his thumbs up. [/SIZE]"y-yeah! lets!"[SIZE= 16px] she cheers, genuinely enthused by his gesture. [/SIZE]"thank you, everyone!"[SIZE= 16px] she suddenly chirped, giving them all a wide, cheerful  smile. [/SIZE]

after taking a quick second to settle back down from her sudden rush of glee she had experienced, she took the bouquet she had been generously given and tucked it neatly onto the side of her bag, visible and vibrant but secure on the back of her person. she still seemed quite enamored with them, feeling a hand over the petals and still smiling in a sort of quiet disbelief. she delicately took one of the sweet-scented flowers out of the display and placed it down onto the opaque glass container she was holding. a happy, eager smile still on her face, she slid open a small opening on the top and dipped the flower down inside. it wasn't quite obvious why, until a large pair of mandibles popped up from out of the box and disappeared back into it with the flower in it's grip. that business taken care of, she slides the opening back closed, and looks back up at the group.

she self-consciously holds her free arm to the back of her long hair. "she loves flowers..." cho vaguely explains, a small, embarrassed blush on her face. she quickly tries to brush off the small incident by readjusting her hair and staring at them hopefully. "7:54? i got here earlier than expected, then!" she tries to say light-heartedly, wincing a little as she tries to redirect them away from any fear or disgust they might be deciding on. her heart was pounding like crazy in her chest though, anxious now that revealing herself as a creepy bug girl so soon was going to make them rethink their association with her.

Woshii Zuzu

Woshii gasped in amazement. "Whoa! Those mandibles looked to be the size of an antlion's!" He said, obviously surprised. He loved bugs when he was little. He had considered giving up fencing for studying bugs but decided to follow in the footsteps of his ancestors. "My favorite king of bug HAS to be the Atlas Beetle. It's got that long horn on the front of it's face. It's so cool!" He said, his eyes sparkling. He then shook his head. "It's too bad I'm not as fascinated into bugs anymore. It's cool that you works with bug tho, I used to LOVE them. I'd keep any I found in jars."

@Captain Gensokyo @eero-prince @Nenma Takashi @rusticyawn

Kiyoko smiled as Cho seemed to be happy that they had become friends. Then when she smiled Kiyoko covered her eyes turning away from Cho. "Ahh my eyes it's too bright." She turned back to Cho holding her chest right where her heart was. "Watch where you point that, geez you almost melted my heart!" She sighed as if her heart really was almost melted by sheer cuteness. When she saw the mandibles pop out of the bag she was a bit surprised, but was fine with it since she had a senpai in her club who did tricks with bugs. When Zuzu went on about his favorite bug she shook her head. "Get real Zu-chi we all know the best bug is a grasshopper of course!" She said acting as if she was playing a violin. 

@Captain Gensokyo @eero-prince @TheDragoon @rusticyawn

she slid open a small opening on the top and dipped the flower down inside. it wasn't quite obvious why, until a large pair of mandibles popped up from out of the box and disappeared back into it with the flower in it's grip.

"...What the heck was that?" Natsumi pointed towards whatever popped out of the new girl's backpack.

"Whoa! Those mandibles looked to be the size of an antlion's!" He said, obviously surprised

"Oh, I guess that explains it," she thought.

"Ehh...bugs aren't really my cup of tea," Natsumi said with a dismissive wave of her hand. "I mean, I'm not scared of them or anything, but...yeah, you know!"

@TheDragoon @eero-prince @Nenma Takashi @rusticyawn

Woshii Zuzu

Woshii saw Natsumi's reaction and thought it to be impossible to be just 'dismissed'. He smirked teasingly as he gave her the 'evil grin'. "Huhuhu~! So Natsumi has a secret fear of bugs? Noted~" He joked, pretending he was writing that down on a notepad. He thought it was adorable so he decided, hey, why not have some fun?

@Nenma Takashi @rusticyawn @eero-prince @Captain Gensokyo

He smirked teasingly as he gave her the 'evil grin'. "Huhuhu~! So Natsumi has a secret fear of bugs? Noted~" He joked, pretending he was writing that down on a notepad

"Heey! Just so you know, this..." she said as she suddenly whipped her notebook and pen out, making scribbles in the air just above the pad. "...is my thing, you know. Don't steal it!" She said with light-hearted annoyance.

@TheDragoon @eero-prince @Nenma Takashi @rusticyawn

He looked at the bug Cho had shown. Interesting. "Bugs are quite interesting. My favorite type is arachnids and specifcally the brown recluse, a spider with a deadly bite. If the bite is not treated you may have to- never mind." Jacques, though he's usually quiet, he tends to become talkative when it comes to facts and such. But he learns to stop himself. Which leads to him trying to keep silent in the first place. 

He watched Zuzu play around with Natsumi. He held back a chuckle as he said to Natsumi, "It's not wrong to have a phobia of bugs. You shouldn't hide it." Though his expression was blank his eyes showed his amusement. 

@Captain Gensokyo @TheDragoon @rusticyawn @Nenma Takashi

cho yamaoka

[SIZE= 16px]"ehehehe!" cho smiles again, giggling  at kiyoko's dramatics. she was a bit wary of large displays like this, but it was pretty clear it was just  meant to brighten her spirits, and for that, she was greatly appreciative. a bit dazzled by it, it takes her brain a second to register zuzu's genuine interest. as he speaks, her eyes go wide with surprise, not really able to believe what she's hearing. she had honestly never met someone else who shared her interest before. most of the time, she had been lucky to get by with wary acceptance, but actual enthusiasm? she raises up her free hand into a vigorous fist, looking quite passionate now.[/SIZE]

"y-yeah!" she stutters out in agreeance with zuzu's choice. it was hard for her to do much more than that, as she was more than a little flustered, but she simmered down a little more as he explained where he interest stemmed from. she tried to think of a timely replied, but kiyoko quickly chimed in with a her comical comment, which cho couldn't help but take seriously. "grasshoppers are actually considered pests in some places, but i think they're pretty fun to watch!" she claps and watches keenly as kiyoko starts to mimic one, not really noticing the ribbing zuzu and natsumi were getting into.

[SIZE= 16px]however, she does pretty plainly notice jacques. she looks visibly looks like she wants to say something about his tidbit, but she's a little late to the uptake, so she keeps quiet, holding the hem of her skirt again. she does seem a little off-guard by his next comment, though, totally having not realized that natsumi had expressed some sort of discomfort. for a moment, cho looks a little sheepish, before agreeing emphatically with jacques' comment. "[/SIZE]mmhm! i'm sorry if i bothered you at all, natsumi!"[SIZE= 16px] she hurriedly disclaimed, instinctively moving her glass box out of immediate sight. [/SIZE]

Kagome Oka

An absolutely tiny girl stepped out of a car that pulled up to the school, her belongings tucked into her shoulder bag. She hadn't felt confident when she first got the letter saying she had been accepted into Hope's Peak and, looking at the school in person, she succeeded in feeling even less confident than she had to begin with. Everything was huge, and there were other people there that were the 'ultimate' in what they did. It made her feel so damn self conscious, even if she also belonged there. 

She walked in the gates, looking around until her eyes settled on what looked to be a group of other students talking to each other. Should she say hi? She wasn't sure- they might not take well to her. She wouldn't have been surprised if they didn't, most people didn't. Well, she didn't have her old friends at this school, so she probably needed to start developing a new social life. 

She walked over to them, gnawing at her bottom lip for a second before speaking, "Uhm... hello."

Nailed it. 

[SIZE= 16px]"[/SIZE]mmhm! i'm sorry if i bothered you at all, natsumi!"[SIZE= 16px] she hurriedly disclaimed, instinctively moving her glass box out of immediate sight. [/SIZE]

"Eh...it's not too bad. Just—y'know—those pincers are like a pair of scissors...eugh..." She shuddered. 

"Uhm... hello."

Natsumi turned around to see a new face walking through the door. "Oh, hey there! You're here early too, huh?" She asked. 

@Lettuce @rusticyawn @TheDragoon @eero-prince @Nenma Takashi

She walked over to them, gnawing at her bottom lip for a second before speaking, "Uhm... hello."

Great there was more students. He's never really has been in such a big group before. During his time with his fellow historians he usually kept a distance with big groups. Jacques was more comfortable with groups of 4 or less. He sighed silently.

"Get a hold of yourself Jacques, this is nothing you can't handle." He thought to himself. Jacques was right, this was nothing he couldn't get over. He just needed to learn how to adapt.

He watched Natsumi as she greeted the girl. He couldn't help but be a bit envious of Natsumi's personality and her ability to speak so casually. He envied everyone's ability to do that. He had observed the group enough to realize that. This was again something he wasn't really skilled at. Socializing. Talking to others about certain topics like the history of France? He could do that with ease. Discussing thoughts of things like clues and facts in some murder mystery scenario? That sounds a bit fictional with the murder mystery thing but Jacques could do that. But saying "hi" and basic conversation topics like "how's the weather?" Or jokes? He certainly couldn't do such a thing. He didn't really know how.

Jacques didn't say hi to the new girl. He acknowledged her presence by giving her a glance and a very hard to notice wave. But that was all.

The emerald eyed boy just felt so out of place in this group all of a sudden. After a few minutes of his observations he realized how he stuck out of the group. With their bubbly conversations and talks his silent and boring personality stuck out like a sore thumb. 

He really should have practiced his conversation skills before exiting his car earlier. But it was too late now. Jacques had a choice whether to leave the group and go the gym ahead or stay. He really liked these student's personality. He hoped to pick up some conversation skills from them. So Jacques stood where he was though his loneliness and out of place aura was still noticeable and chose to stay with the group. There was no harm in staying, right?

@Lettuce @Captain Gensokyo @Nenma Takashi @TheDragoon @rusticyawn

Users who are viewing this thread