Danganronpa: Hope's Rise

a simpler name

Ultimate Hope Bagel
Despair is dead. No more,gone. Seven feet underground.

It's been a decade since the unholy Final Game and the world managed to heal itself from the wounds inflicted by the Anti-christ, Junko Enoshima. Society has rebuilt, law is restored and that mess was relegated into the content pages of history books that OUR children groan over .Future Foundation, now headed by Makoto Naegi, SHSL Hope has managed to remake Hope's Peak Academy. People are....skeptical about Hope's Peak Academy. Wasn't this the cause of the world's near death? Makoto Naegi, however , assured with some key differences. Vetting their students, more security and also  :The fact that Reserve Course students can actually take a test to join in the Main Course. As you can imagine, reception was excellent.

You are one of the Main Course students making your way into school, ecstatic for the new year. Your future is now secure,your family now happy and there's nothing to worry.Maybe you'll find a life-long friend? A lover? Through the flower field that surrounds the school to commemorate all who have lost their lives. The future looks bright. There's no more Despair,right. 

Well you were expecting something more grand. Nothing happened. Oh well. You went into the Gymnasium were you are all supposed to be gathered. Main course and Reserve course.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woshii Zuzu

Woshii was so happy when he recieved his letter of acceptance into Hope's Peak. He had prepared himself for the coming day for orientation. A bottle of water, his notebooks, his pencils... All of it was packed into his bag. He headed on his way to school, excited to meet new people. Once he got there he took a moment to gaze up at the structure. It was decently big. He began to look around to see if anybody else was there. Turns out there was not so he waited patiently outside the gates for others to show up so he could socialize.

@anybody(I guess...?)

Jacques Murayama

Jacques merely glanced at the letter of request to be in Hope's Peak Academy. He acted like it was nothing. But the thing was, he just acted like it was nothing. Though in the inside it meant everything to Jacques. If he could he would place that letter in Amber to preserve it or let it stay in a glass case for Jacques to just admire it. But silly Jacques couldn't do that. He had to start packing for school. He packed the basics really, a few colored pens, notebooks, a good book just in case. Just everyday things. He felt so ready at the time.

But this was now. He gulped as he arrived to Hope's Peak Academy. "This was much better when imagining going here.." Jacques mutters as he double checks everything so that he would not leave anything in the car. Or embarrass himself when exiting it. The male fixes his small, brown, loose ponytail which was held by a  scarlet red ribbon and as well sits up straight. He was going to do this. Jacques, after a while of mental pep-talk exited his car and looked at the building right before his eyes.

Hope's Peak Academy. A place where you learn and grow as a person. You are promised a life of success after studying here. This school was only for the best of the best, only great students can be accepted with great potential. Wait, all of this sounds like this narration has been done somewhere before. Oh well. Jacques felt nervous as he slowly stepped closer to the school, just a few feet away from the gate in front of the school. He then glanced to the side to see another male there. Seemed like he wasn't the only one who arrived early. Jacques looked at the other for a while before looking at the school once more. He wasn't good with starting conversations or having conversations at all. He would have entered the gate already but then again how was he so sure the gates weren't locked? He would just embarrass himself! Jacques just had to wait a bit, maybe even talking to the other guy there with him. Maybe.

Hope's Peak High School...

Today was a bright, shining day for the Ultimate Interviewer, Natsumi Ishikawa. Of course she was excited—it was the first day of getting into the best school in all of Japan! Her previous disappointments about leaving her promising career to go to school were gone now, and honestly, she wasn't surprised. 

Natsumi had brought all of the school essentials—aand a little extra! She made sure to pack a few notepads and a novel she was enjoying way too much—The Mystic Oversight of the Scarlet Mansion—a mystery novel. 

Natsumi glanced at the wall clock in the house's foyer. 5:45...this would've been a horrible time to be awake otherwise, but Natsumi was so eager to get going that she just couldn't help herself from waking up super early. Under any normal circumstances, though, this would've been absolute torture for her. After saying goodbye to her parents, who both happened to be morning people, Natsumi left the house and set her trained eyes on the future.

6:17...part of Natsumi wondered what the point of waking up so early was if it took about 30 minutes to get here. They were all supposed to meet at 8:00...today was a good exception for arriving early, she concluded. Hmm...just as she expected, the front gates were still locked up. However, she did manage to see two guys hanging around by the gates. Neither seemed too interested in the other's business, but Natsumi was quite a contrast to their passiveness.

"First impressions are everything!" Natsumi mentally noted as she confidently strode up the entrance walkway to the gates.

"HELLOOOOO, HOPE'S PEAK!" She exclaimed to get their attention.

48C05EBA-D452-4739-9690-389EC6E443AA-1212-000001065EE42CFC_tmp.jpg

"Saaay...'I LOVE HOPE'S PEAK!' " She said as she leapt high into the air, her camera already ready for action as the two students were most likely going to turn around in a look of surprise at any second.

@TheDragoon @eero-prince

Kiyoko Hibiki

Kiyoko starred starry eyed at the letter in her hand she had been accepted into Hope's Peak this was easily the second best day of her life. She wondered just how many people she'd meet what their talents could be what kind of people they could be. She was so excited she couldn't sit still but that was normal for Kiyoko she rarely did stay in one place. As she saw the school she was only more awestruck by the sheer size of the school she threw her arms up. "Woah it's like a super mansion!" She yelled and ran towards the large school seeing three others in front of it. One seemed to have a camera and Kiyoko knew just what to do she ran past the girl holding the camera and in between the two guys. Hooking her arms around their necks she brought them closer smiling wide. "I LOVE HOPE'S PEAK!" She repeated after the girl with the camera.

@TheDragoon @eero-prince @Captain Gensokyo

Jacques was just standing in front of the gate, minding his own business, until he heard a voice, a female voice obviously shouting. 

"What in the world?"  Jacques thought as he turned around to check who was creating such a noise. He then saw a girl, who was high in the air with a camera, yes this surprised him. Very much actually. Who wouldn't be surprised seeing a girl up in the sky? Someone not normal that's for sure. And do you know the even worse part? 

She was shouting again. 

Say "I love Hope's Peak"? What did she even mea- and then the half French male realized what she was doing. It was his worst nightmare honestly. He hated this, he wanted to cover his face but it all seemed like everything was going slow motion and it was going to take poor Jacques forever to cover his face. It seemed like the camera girl was going to win this. This was not how he wanted to enjoy his first day at the best school in Japan. Honestly, I don't think Jacques is even enjoying this anymore. 

This was nothing personal to the girl who was taking the photo. Jacques just really and I mean REALLY hated photos, especially candid ones. Actually he just hated candid photos.

And if anything could get worse another student came. A girl again and she ran in and hooked one of her arms around Jacques' neck. This made the male yelp a bit. Great. More surprises. Welp, now Jacques was sure he was to look awful in the photo. Great first day.

@Captain Gensokyo @TheDragoon

Woshii Zuzu

Woshii saw the male who walked up. He wanted to say something but honestly was pretty clueless on what he should say or do.

latest

Then he heard the voice of a girl with a camera, running up to them and surprising them, telling them to love Hope's Peak. He didn't have enough time to react as he blinked a few times, making a bit of a dumb face... Then another girl showed up and wrapped her arms around both him and the other males neck. Now he was blushing and embarrassed. He tried to look at the camera but didn't have enough time to make a smile.

@eero-prince @Nenma Takashi @Captain Gensokyo

Ka-chink!

The heels of Natsumi's shoes met the pavement right after the sound of the camera clicked. She went flying forward, trying to slow her momentum down as she ran along. She nearly lost her balance and fell over, but she managed to skid to a stop in front of the three.

The interviewer girl heaved a sigh of relief, a smirk returning to her face. "Phew! That could've given me some really scratched up palms—or worse!" She chuckled. 

@TheDragoon @eero-prince @Nenma Takashi

Kiyoko waved a hand for the girl to come closer then peered over her shoulder to look at the camera. "Let me! Did you get my good side? Ah who am I kidding I don't have any bad sides!" She said very high and mighty like then took a step back away from the group doing an assortment of poses. "My name is Kiyoko Hibiki but you may call me Kiyo. Nice to meet you all now may I ask who you three are?"

@Captain Gensokyo @eero-prince @TheDragoon

Woshii Zuzu

latest

Woshii managed to smile a bit after the female took the picture. Woshii's grin suddenly went wide when the female asked for introductions. "My name's Woshii Zuzu! I'd prefer to be called Zuzu tho. My specialty is fencing! I'm world-class y'know!" He said as he nodded. "You may have seen me before on the news. Hope I can spar with one of you one day!"

[SIZE= 24px]@eero-prince @Nenma Takashi @Captain Gensokyo[/SIZE]

Jacques looked in slight worry seeing Natsumi slide forward in front of them. That could have ended horribly. Yeah. She could have gotten really hurt. But Jacques chose to stay silent about that. If she didn't whine about her slide he shouldn't worry or ask.

Unlike Zuzu, Jacques had no smile on his face when Kiyoko asked for introductions. It's not like he already hated the three but he just didn't like to smile. More like didn't know how. Jacques stood up straight and looked at the group with his blank, emerald green eyes. "I'm Jacques Murayama. I'm the Ultimate Historian. It's more of a profession than a talent." The Historian did see Woshii on the news at times. His talent amazed Jacques honestly. He guessed it was because things like sparring and such were things Jacques wasn't good at.

@TheDragoon @Captain Gensokyo @Nenma Takashi

Kiyoko nodded her head as the two boys introduced themselves then she slammed her fist into her open hand. "Oh yeah I forgot to tell you guys my talent. The best in all the lands, a legend said to be the very incarnation of the famous Houdini!" She flicked her wrist a card coming out of each then showed them to the two, the cards were both diamonds she then crumbled them up and ate the cards. Opening her mouth to show they were gone then rolled up her sleeves to show nothing was in them. "The Ultimate Magician! Kiyoko the Wonderful!" She said then snapped her fingers. "Would you two please empty your pockets?" She asked when they did they would find the two cards in perfect condition as if nothing had happen to them. "Taaadaaa!" She said posing again she tipped an invisible hat instinctively then turned to the girl. "And what about you who are you might I ask?" 

@TheDragoon @Captain Gensokyo @eero-prince

"My name is Kiyoko Hibiki but you may call me Kiyo. Nice to meet you all now may I ask who you three are?"

"My name's Woshii Zuzu! I'd prefer to be called Zuzu tho. My specialty is fencing! I'm world-class y'know!"

"Jeez, are we at first-name basis already?" Natsumi said teasingly after having given both of them a quick nod.

"I'm Jacques Murayama. I'm the Ultimate Historian. It's more of a profession than a talent."

Natsumi gave the guy another nod. "Nice profession, nonetheless!"

"And what about you? Who are you, might I ask?" 

"Without further ado..." Natsumi pulled out a pen from her shirt pocket and pointed it at them dramatically. 

4D611119-33B7-4EEF-B0DA-4A04A24B26A7-252-00000045A5574EE0_tmp.jpg

"Introducing Ishikawa Natsumi—Ace Reporter and 'Ultimate Interviewer!' " She announced.

@eero-prince @Nenma Takashi @TheDragoon

Woshii Zuzu

Woshii was amazed at Kiyoko's trick. He clapped his hands in appreciation. "Wow! That was amazing!" He said. He then heard about Jacques's talent. "A historian huh? Then you know that I come from a long line of fencers? That's nice to know, means I'll have somebody to talk to." He said before finally listening to what the girl named 'Natsumi' said. "I'll call you Ishi for short. Is that ok?" He asked politely with a smile.

[SIZE= 24px]@Nenma Takashi @Captain Gensokyo @eero-prince[/SIZE]

Kiyoko tapped a finger on her chin in deep thought about what nickname to give the three. When the ideas came to her she snapped her fingers. "For being such wonderful audience I'll honor you all with some cute nicknames!" She pointed to each of them saying a nickname for each. "Ishi-chi, Mura-chi, and Zu-chi!" She threw her arms in the air cards flying out of her sleeves as she did. "Yay friendship!"

@TheDragoon @eero-prince @Captain Gensokyo

Jacques clapped at the trick. "Impressive." He said simply. He looked at Zuzu and nodded. "I know quite a lot about your family's past." Like Woshii said his family came from a long line of fencers. Known fencers. So of course it was Jacques' job to know about their famous past and be sure everything was true about Woshii's family. He then rose a brow at the Ultimate Magician. Nicknames? Jacques wasn't very used to nicknames. You know except for the nicknames that he was known for like, "little historian" or something like that. "Mura-chi?" He then nods in approval. Friendship so fast too? Maybe he could get use to the whole friend thing.

@TheDragoon @Captain Gensokyo @Nenma Takashi

A man wearing a suit walked by the students. He smiled at them as they were fooling around the school entrance. His heart warmed at the sight. Those days of despair are long gone, he concluded. This scene of hope was what he worked for. He had brown spiky hair,which should have been mangled together in the morning, and a slight stubble on his chin. He seemed to be within his early forties but his eyes radiated with energy. An Ahoge sprouted in the middle of his scalp. That thing was with him since the Tragedy. Jeez, Headmaster Naegi Makoto thought that he was definitely getting old.

He laughed to himself. " You guys seem to have already made friends," he addressed them. " but please don't forget that the assembly is in..." he checked his watch. "15 minutes." he continued lightly,like he was joking with them. He smiled a sagely smile as he walked into the school while humming himself a tune.

@eero-prince @Nenma Takashi @Captain Gensokyo @TheDragoon

(Please shamelessly plug in the RP to your friends or anywhere,actually)

Woshii Zuzu

[SIZE= 20px]Woshii watched as the others began to make cute nicknames for each other. It made him happy to see them so joyous. It filled him with hope... Hope, like Hope's Peak! Hah! Ironic! He thought. A man then walked up to them and informed them of the assembly being in 15 minutes. He nodded his head lightly at the man before turning to his new friends. "Come on guys, we don't wanna be late." He said with a nod, heading through the gates towards the inside.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 20px]@Captain Gensokyo @Nenma Takashi @eero-prince[/SIZE]

The Historian looked at the Headmaster. "Yes sir." Jacques put a hand on his chest and bowed slightly at the man. He showed full respect. This is something you pick up while spending harsh training as a great historian like himself. You learn respect. Jacques nodded at the fencer. "Of course. Let's go." He started walk inside, quite satisfied that the gates were now opened. 

@Captain Gensokyo @Nenma Takashi @TheDragoon

Kiyoko stared at the long piece of hair that stuck out from the man's head, her old Senpai back in the Street Performer club had something similar. She had always felt an urge to pull it but like with her senpai she decided against it. Instead she nodded her head turning to follow after the other two. "Mura-chi, Zu-chi wait for me!" She said running after the two of them. She turned running backwards while motioning for Natsumi to follow. "Ishi-chi come on or else we'll leave you behind!" She joked turning back around. 

@Captain Gensokyo @TheDragoon @eero-prince

"Ishi-chi come on or else we'll leave you behind!"

"Yeah, yeah! Coming, Kiyoko!" Natsumi said with over-exaggerated annoyance as she jogged over to them to catch up.

An older guy was walking into the school, as well. Whoever he was, he looked official! For the most part, he looked like someone who was pretty happy, yet wanted to let the students talk amongst themselves as he quietly went into the school. 

Without much in the way of hesitation, Natsumi strode alongside what she presumed was at least a member of the faculty and decided to introduce herself.

"Hi, sir!" She said politely. "Just to confirm: the assembly's in the gym, right?"

"...Oh, yeah! I'm Ishikawa Natsumi, the Ultimate Reporter! Pleasure to meet you! Are you a new student, too?" Natsumi added as a joking compliment. As she observed the man's features a bit more, she felt like his name was at the tip of her tongue. He looked so—familiar!

@NANANANANANANANANANA

@eero-prince @Nenma Takashi @TheDragoon

Woshii Zuzu

Woshii grabbed Ishi's hand and guided her in. "Come onnnn! We're gonna be lateee!" He whined, heading on his way to the gym. He absolutely hated being late to any event. It was a peev of his. He could never be late to a match during a tournament, otherwise he'd be disqualified.

[SIZE= 20px]@Nenma Takashi[/SIZE] @eero-prince @Captain Gensokyo

"Fiiiiine!" Natsumi said with a pout as she was led along by the fencer. "But we've still got like ten minutes! I need to look around some..." she complained.

@TheDragoon

Users who are viewing this thread