• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Wolfsbane

The magician
Hello everyone, Wolf here, bringing you a Role-play that will inspire your imagination and heart. By this, I mean that my ideal outcome for this Role-play is that the sky will be the limit!
Now then, I’m sure we’re all excited, right? So let’s get down to the details! This Role-play will be in third person descriptive style, and take place in an olden-time, fantasy-mystic universe.
The world and setting will be a mix of 'Pirates of the Caribbean'(movies), and 'RuneScape'(mmorpg), along with tasteful inspires from the graphic novel app 'The Arcana'. There will coastal cities and kingdoms, meaning that royal characters will be alright, plus the possibilities of war other governmental strife.
Now this is a very new role-play idea, and to maintain order major plot points and some character development will be monitored and must be approved by me.
Plot discussion, character ideas, and other comments, GO!
Also: All site rules apply to this thread, and the following role-play. I may also create a private chat containing interested member, for further discussion and development ideas before role-play is initiated.
-Wolf

Hahaha that’s kinda the point at this time in its development. Vague is good at this point, so I wanna hear what kinda idea’s you guys have! I was thinking of making my character a street urchin turned pirate ;) but I also like the idea of royalty and rivalries within kingdoms and government! Lol basically, I’m indecisive, but I feel like this idea could turn into a really rounded role-play where there’s a place for literally everyone person to make a character.

Hahaha that’s kinda the point at this time in its development. Vague is good at this point, so I wanna hear what kinda idea’s you guys have! I was thinking of making my character a street urchin turned pirate ;) but I also like the idea of royalty and rivalries within kingdoms and government! Lol basically, I’m indecisive, but I feel like this idea could turn into a really rounded role-play where there’s a place for literally everyone person to make a character.
How FANTASY is this Fantasy Pirate Adventure?

How FANTASY is this Fantasy Pirate Adventure?
It will include fantasy creatures, such as mystic animals, and magic is also a skill that your character can obtain. Does that help? Feel free to ask all the questions you'd like. I will eventually be adding a character application here, but I don't feel like it's quite that far yet.

Interested, but how often are you expecting posts? Wolfsbane Wolfsbane

I'll decide to join depending on what kind of characters we get.
Once the official role-play thread is up, I am hoping for daily posts. My main hope for the plot is to base the whole thing around a coastal kingdom with forest surrounding; so that Royal characters, pirate characters, and mystic humanoid character will all have opportunity to interact.

Possibly interested, but will there be a main overarching plot to give people a good reason to interact with different groups? It seems easy for the pirates to be stuck roleplaying with only pirates and so on.

Possibly interested, but will there be a main overarching plot to give people a good reason to interact with different groups? It seems easy for the pirates to be stuck roleplaying with only pirates and so on.
Yes! I was hoping that, between the interested people here, we could discuss plot ideas based on what kind of characters people are looking to apply. Once a basic plot is decided on, and approved by me, I will create a thread or threads for role-play. Does that seem fair? I’m always up for imput.

Some questions:

-I get we will have pirate ships but is the culture from that era as well?
-Is there magic? How does it work?
-Are there guns?

Some questions:

-I get we will have pirate ships but is the culture from that era as well?
-Is there magic? How does it work?
-Are there guns?
-Yes, along with having the old style mast and sail ships, the culture will be integrated as well. As I said in the original post, this will have a lot of integration from ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’. Meaning the the time it will be taking place will be around the 1720’s.

-As I have said a few times already, there will definitely be magic. I have already decided the magic ‘source’. Magic is going to be something that comes from within; part of everyone and everything, but despite everyone having magic within them, not everyone is good at utilizing it.

-There will be minimal guns in this role-play, but only simple pistols and rifles, what would have existed in the 1720’s.

Yes! I was hoping that, between the interested people here, we could discuss plot ideas based on what kind of characters people are looking to apply. Once a basic plot is decided on, and approved by me, I will create a thread or threads for role-play. Does that seem fair? I’m always up for imput.
A basic idea I had as a starting off point was playing a minor noble that owned a trading company that hired pirates to help create scarcity to inflate prices as a way to hopefully get enough connections started for RP purposes.

A basic idea I had as a starting off point was playing a minor noble that owned a trading company that hired pirates to help create scarcity to inflate prices as a way to hopefully get enough connections started for RP purposes.
I love this! Like a duke or duchess of a coastal city, overruled by a larger oversea kingdom, so there’s room for larger development once the role-play is established.
I’m going to create a private chat later today with everyone here in, but feel free to brainstorm here until then! I want to give it a little more time to gather interest, before we start nailing down the plot via private message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back