Other Dance...Just some questions and discussion

Codebreaker

Do the monster mash...
So, I am currently pursuing a minor in Dance, and I am going to be taking Ballet 2.

Now, the problem:

I haven't been officially taught ballet. But I know the basics of it and various terms and combinations and whatnot.

I took a "intro to dance" class that went over various forms of dance, and we covered ballet for a while.

Ballet 1 is full.

I'm a college student and can't afford to pay too much for the leotard and tights and whatever else I may need for this class.

What do I need for this class?

Where do I put this thread?

I think I should stop asking questions.

So, I am currently pursuing a minor in Dance, and I am going to be taking Ballet 2.

Now, the problem:

I haven't been officially taught ballet. But I know the basics of it and various terms and combinations and whatnot.

I took a "intro to dance" class that went over various forms of dance, and we covered ballet for a while.

Ballet 1 is full.

I'm a college student and can't afford to pay too much for the leotard and tights and whatever else I may need for this class.

What do I need for this class?

Where do I put this thread?

I think I should stop asking questions.
Well look bro, education is a devilish industry so here is the thing it wants to achieve. It wants to make you pay money in order for the school appropriate clothing honestly if you go up to administrative services and complain about these things they will make an exception to you if you try hard enough. It worked for school mandatory PE classes that want you to pay for their jersey and shorts. School is a business that revolves around money so if they refuse to let you either receive the clothing or let you wear your preferable clothing that is flexable and fitting then you can go to court technically saying that the school is blocking you from your education because technically it is ...

Well, I’ve been dancing for 12 years or so and would be super happy to help with any ballet-related questions you may have ~

(This is super late, I know, but I was bored and scrolling through general discussions and saw that no one had replied to this so...)

I’m sure the teacher will understand if you can’t afford a leotard. The point (get it?) of the leotard is so that every part and every muscle of your body can be seen. It needs to be obvious that every muscle is working in the right way, which is hard when the dancer is wearing baggy clothing. Black yoga pants or dance shorts and a body-tight singlet would do the trick with most teachers. Perhaps skip over the singlet and just wear a dance-croptop.

Tights are preferred, but also not fully necessary for a college course. Do buy dance soclets, though, as normal socks or bare feet under ballet shoes is hideous.

I’m not sure whether you have pointe shoes or not. If you do, GET A GOOD FITTING. You will need a specific type of shoe, a specific type of ouch pouch and perhaps many other necessary items such as toe spaces, depending on your foot type. Not doing this will break your feet (not your feet bones, but their life) and likely your ankles (the bones).

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back