• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic “Damaged” needs partner, Active, long term, Novella and/or flexible

BadUpdate504

Supreme ruler of all things (that I wrote)
-I’ve roleplayed for 10+years (well before I could write worth beans) and I’m looking for a serious long term partner, so if you are prone to ghosting for month or so at a time… (good luck with your search have a nice day.) I have a tendency to lose interest if it takes weeks for someone to post. That doesn’t include time to recover, do life, school work, work-work, emergencies, ect. This should be a healthy relationship. Willing to double and have another character in this same universe to give it a more balanced feel.

-discord: my network hates this website. But there is nothing like this website for finding partners. DM for my handle pleeeeease

-I’m Advanced Literate,3+ paragraphs average; seeking Adv. Your spelling and grammar doesn’t have to be perfect, just understandable. But for the love of god please use quotes on dialogue.

-Quality over quantity. **Just let me know up front what length you’re comfortable with** We need to shoot for a two paragraph minimum though. You need to be able to carry the story line and give me a decent idea of where the scene is heading. Sometimes people can’t do that even if they can write novel sized posts. Sometimes that can be accomplished in half a paragraph, it’s all in what the scene calls for.

-Pairings: MxF or any combination of Nb. Serenity is either Female or Nb so if you’re character is usually Female, sell it to me as Nb otherwise you will turn me off lol. That was a bad joke, no offense to anyone intended. Serenity is a Cyborg and sometimes has her gender removed... and if that appeals to you, that can happen to your character too. If you want to play a mostly android character. Preferably it should have some masculine vibes.

-No mxm and fxf romance. Romance is Not Necessary. I enjoy writing two character partnerships that don’t necessarily lead to kissy kissy. But I do love romance.

-I’m 27y; Not actively looking for NSFW

-This Check is for a Angsty story line for Serenity Grace who will be or is the “damaged person” who will need a good deal of comfort. If you read this and am interested in me but not necessarily Serenity, let me know I do have other ideas, but this one is the one I’m craving right now.

-Very flexible, Problem? *tell me about it.* Not working? *let me know, I don’t mind backing up*. Having a tough time reply for any reason, *Come ooc chat with me and we can work it out or just be friendly.*

-I do have a job, mentally health issues & parents who need an increasing level of assistance. I expect to be able to reply AT LEAST once a day. I really would like for you to be able to send something daily too.

-I RP to escape real life... NO Modern or Real life.

-I do have face claims because I was desperate enough to appease whatever partners I could find. Not particularly interesting in finding pictures for characters, I will describe mine in RP. If I haven’t written in enough detail, ask for more. Physical appearance is very superficial. That should not be your first impression of my character or my writing.

-plotting... or lack there of. I tend to want to just jump in after an agreement of characters, a current conflict, setting, and era. I don’t really want to pin point every detail of the world immediately before we actually RP. I do have Serenity’s story very detailed in my head but I love flexing her and fitting her into new places, so be prepared to propose ideas that excite you. Added ideas and details and flash backs to explain and expound. I am an Improv writer. If you have never played with an improv writer, I probably should not be your first.

-No triggers on my end. However this RP has the potential to be heavily with them. It have recovery from the following: Rape/sexual violence, torture, mutilation, death/denial, military combat, involuntary drug use, and will likely include at some point: Self-harm, and depression/suicide. Probably safe to say that if you have triggers you should probably try a different check… please don’t forget to tell me if you have any triggers!!

-Time Zone: PST

-discord

-Important stuff I want to know about you: Do you use Discord? (Please send me your handle. I’m Transformation over there.) On a scale of one to five, Five being, that you like to write completely Improv, and One being you like everything planned out no matter what, what number would you assign yourself? How long have you been RPing? How flexible do I need to be when you need to take a break? Triggers? How annoying can I be before I get my ass in trouble? Lol. Don’t read too much into these.

Serenity is a construct, which is to say she’s a humanoid robot body with cloned or otherwise dead human parts. Technically an AI consciousness running on human brain matter and machine processor. Built to be a Security Unit or (SecUnit) she was made to be stronger, faster and smarter than a human. Her model is called a CombatUnit, so she has combat ready upgrades. She can walk through bombs and take bullets. (References to Murderbot Diaries by Martha Wells. Highly recommend you read that. But not necessarily a Fandom.)

Serenity’s “canon” universe is Cyberpunk, but she can be adapted to anything with enough technology to make her possible. Anything from futuristic Steampunk to Fantasypunk.

In some universes she starts out as a girl that was either killed, or was in a coma, and so has the memories of a childhood. In others she starts out with nothing, depending on how much human vibe you would like. She woke up in a lab in an adult body.

After some torture, or what we would consider torture and what they would call “training” she was stolen by a technician that no longer wanted to be a slave to the company building the constructs. They escaped together.

If you don’t want to be the tech, then I usually call her Na’zari. Dr. Na’zari and Serenity become fugitives as they run from the corporation-run territories called the Corporation Rim. They can be assisted by a (insert best description of your character(s) here) or they board a pirate/raider vessel willing to leave immediately. YC could be the (Pirate) Captain.

After finding a safe port the pirates realize that Serenity hacked the payment system and come after her and Na’zari. She’s forced to go to the local authorities or else kill all the pirates. When the local law enforcement figures out what Serenity is, they try to detain her semi-permanently. The Chief/Sharif/Commander/Admiral/person-in-charge with authority decides to put her on their team and use her. She ends up liking the job and impressing a lot of people, working up the ranks.
In one of her cases she saves an orphan child (which could be your character). The kid attaches themself to her. For quite some time she is their guardian to due to a crime lord’s desire to murder all the witnesses that include the child.
After inadvertently starting a relationship with the man that put her to work, an accident occurs. He is required to make a split second decision to order her to strike, or hold her fire. He ordered a fire, and she narrowly aborted. He had made the wrong call. She still ended up killing innocent people.
This of course put their relationship in jeopardy and he went to great lengths to make it up to her. They finally had things more or less patched up when they got an opportunity to take out the terrorist/crime lord that was trying to kill the kid. They put their relationship on hold so as not to compromise their mission.
She and he only had one shot to take the terrorist down, they would have to go undercover and follow a lead. Going dark to complete the unsanctioned mission, they got themselves in a bit of a sticky situation. He’s morally injured but she gets a stasis field on him so there is a chance he can be revived. She gets him sent back and goes to finish the job. The terrorist is killed, but his buddies capture Serenity. They attempt to torture her for information but she had dumped her memory core so she has nothing to give them. They implant memories to try to confuse her into telling them what she knows. They drug her in further attempts to disconnect her from reality.
After three years, he wakes up out of coma, and comes for her. He finds everyone was told that he died and locates his team. After she’s rescued, he has to convince her that her own memories are real and help her cope with the paranoia that had kept her alive the last three years. They have to decide where to go in their relationship and lives from there, likely having made some powerful enemies along the way.

Despair AU, 5 years instead of 3 and he has to track down Serenity as she was broken and put back to work as a functional CombatUnit. She’s lost touch with her identity, believing he is dead. Her owners are using her to fight a rebellion on a colonized planet.

Despair AU2, 7 years instead of 3 and (he might actually is dead.) Serenity is now no longer functional as a person. Your character finds/rescues her from being recycled.

(So this is me on top of my game. Here my partner threw me a curve ball, I was expecting her to catch him at the ship’s airlock, but her post ended with him waiting for him in his room. Sooo had to come up with a plausible explanation on the fly. This is playing off another novella style writer, don’t let the wall of text intimidate you, I normally match.)
When the door slid open energy poured into the room. Serenity was wild-eyed and desperate. Almost before the door was open she suddenly there, like she’d teleported. Stopping only because the ship’s AI warned, *Don’t touch!* via her cybernetics implant her head. Only then did she see his wounds but she was already reaching for him. The suddenly awkward fluster might have been hilarious under different circumstances.

She’d been crying and it had dried. Suggesting that she’d been delayed getting here. She dropped her hands, finding instead an undamaged arm. Taking another step she leaned up and kissed the top of his head, saying “We’ve got you. Your home,” as her head dropped beside his ear.

She didn’t know if *home* was the right word. But she didn’t figure home could be any other place for him. Serenity remembered how he’d been happy at the party her first night here and couldn’t imagine he’d rather party elsewhere.
(1/3)

She made herself comfortable on the edge of the bed. His hand in her lap in her far hand and the other on his arm and wrist. When they were done with their greeting she told him, “Nothing important’s happened here. The fightings moved out of this sector. Just a distress call or two was the only excitement. The flight crew has me playing poker most every night.” She knew if she didn’t keep taking her throat would tighten up and she’d break. Besides she knew her voice would be soothing even without checking his biometrics. “I’ve done every battle sim any of us could think of so there will not be any more surprise malfunctions,” she tried to assure. Serenity had run them more to keep herself distracted and put her worried energy into something productive. Most of the sims she’d run by herself... every day. She’d been playing music and reading books constantly to keep herself from thinking otherwise. Slept hardly at all. At this point she wasn’t listening to herself and realized she was telling him that she’d been playing That Sound Bite every night on a loop until she could sleep. Suddenly embarrassed she explained, “The clip I saved from,” she had to clear her throat, it was a soft noise, “the night before the rendezvous.” She glanced at him to see if he recalled. Only then did she seem to register his condition.

Then bow was breaking, she couldn’t hold in the misery of the last two months, eyes dropping she turned her face away as the heat poured down her face. “Sorry. I’ve been missing you,” she explained it wasn’t about his injuries. At least not entirely. She’d actually been telling herself he was in his cabin the whole time, just resting up. That he wasn’t in a slave camp being tortured, just in here letting her run things for him. Now the fantasy fell apart.
(2/3)

She would have been at the airlock had Nessa and John not stopped her. They explained he would be in rough shape but she hadn’t believed it. That he wouldn’t want her to see him that way and that she had to wait. She relented but they’d been called to a skirmish and by the time he’d opened the door for her she’d been needed on deck. She’d spared Kory and Nessa because she, John and the AI could compensate well enough. She’d gotten here as fast as she could. “Tell me **this,** was worth it. That you wanted to do this,” she demanded now. Voice rough and raw.

But she knew he couldn’t answer. How could he? “No more Marcus.” Serenity whispered.

“No more camps.” Admiral Tal could stick it up her ass. Serenity would have done it for her. She could have shot the admiral at that moment if she’d been on board to shoot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back