• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Dakine's Poorly Put Together Partner Post (Inquire Within)

Dakine Itai

Professional Cynic
It always feels like I’m trying to sell myself when I get to creating one of these posts…*cracks knuckles* So, here it goes!

I am a detail-oriented RPer who loves a challenge! I’ve been RPing for the last twenty years, give or take a few in AIM chatrooms and table-top games, so I am well versed in this sort of mess. New to RPN, but definitely not to role-play. To keep things quick and concise, I’ll do neat, bulleted lists for you all so that interested parties might get the jist of what I am looking for, as well as what you get out of a potential partnership.

Requirements:

Post Length – Quality over quantity, ALWAYS! I don’t expect folks to match my post length, but I do love a pretty picture – paint it with words! My own post length varies a good deal, but it’s typically somewhere in the range of three paragraphs to several pages. It just depends on the level of description I feel is needed.

Grammar – Please, no L337 speak or shorthand. I understand everyone makes grammatical errors, I do it all the time – but I have a hard preference toward folks who make an attempt. Using ‘u’ in place of ‘you’ and other shortcuts won’t win you any gold stars from me.

21+ Preferred (18+ ONLY) – I will only RP with folks over the age of 18. This has nothing to do with RPing adult subject matter, or the fact that I think a younger crowd can’t RP well. I’m a legal adult, so I don’t dabble in anything with minors. Nothin’ personal, kids.

Original Characters Only – Creating characters with rich backstories and flawed personalities is one of my favorite parts of role playing. Please don’t ask me to play Gary/Mary Sue from your favorite fandom. Odds are, I won’t be interested. The same goes for my potential partners - I want to see characters you took time and delight in creating!
  • This DOES NOT mean I don’t do fandoms RPs! I’ll touch on this a bit later.

Pairings – I tend to play male characters more often than anything else, but I will absolutely play female characters AND double, should the need or want arise. MxF, MxM are my go-to’s for romantic pairings, if romance is something my partner wants in the mix. As long as the relationships our characters build are organic and happen naturally, I’m really fairly flexible. Gender fluid, non-binary, asexual, and all other character concepts are more than welcome!

No ‘Slice of Life’ or Straight-Up Modern Settings – I am an adult human being doing adult life things 99.9% of the time. I’m not interested in writing about normal day to day affairs of Regular Joe. That being said, I’m always game for a good modern fantasy story.

No God-Moding
– You control your character, I control mine. No exceptions.

Still with me thus far? Good. Up next is what you get out of putting up with me!

What YOU Get:

Post Frequency – Full disclosure, I have a life, a LARP, three dogs, one fiancé, and a full time job. I am not always able to post several times in one day. I ALWAYS strive for one post per day, but it can often be a day or so in-between reply posts on my part. I strive for quality, so I refuse to pump out a fast post for the sake of just getting it out. That being said, I WILL keep my RP partners in the loop via PM if a reply will be delayed.

Input, Ideas, and Imagination – I LOVE world-building. I want to create unique and memorable characters and sculpt the worlds we choose to put them in. I am always ready, willing, and able to toss concepts and ideas back and forth. I’m looking for a RP partner that will challenge me to create, and a partner that wants to put in equal time and effort slaving over imaginary worlds.

Understanding – Is life giving you the short end of the stick? Need a break? Or maybe some aspect of our RP isn’t checking the right boxes for you. Do you dislike something? Want to scrap it? I’m not judgmental and always have an open ear about potential issues. I will always listen to comments or concerns and work toward a happy medium for both parties, if one can be reached. If our styles just aren’t compatible, no harm, no foul.

Doubling – I usually always do it – I feel like it makes an environment more rich, having more characters or NPCs mucking about.

Fandoms:
Remember, I said I would come back to this. I ADORE fandoms, and there is a reason for it! It allows for a richly crafted world to play in with very little effort. I am an absolutely rabid fanatic in certain fandoms and would love to drop some original character concepts into them. I’ll toss a few popular options below:
Fantastic Beasts– I, like many of you out there, am a Potter-head. Concepts I would be excited to explore would be different time periods throughout history – Fantastic Beasts took up away from Hogwarts and into the open world where politics and historic events give influence to the wizarding community. 1920’s? WWII? Anything that gets us out of the Hogwarts tried and true trope!

How to Train Your Dragon – Perhaps, potential settlements outside of Berk could be explored? Vikings? Sure. Other parts of the world? Creating our own species of dragons? Richly descriptive and detailed journeys to far-off places? Please. I love this series for the ‘coming of age’ sort of self-discovery story it tells, but so much more could be explored! Rope it in with Druidic cultures or give it an Arthurian spin? These are all things I would be delighted to explore.

Mad Max: Fury Road – Rabid fanatic. Post-apocalyptic anything is my JAM. If derelict wastelands and the rotting, skeletal skylines of the post-modern world is for you, just throw ideas my way.

Original Concept Ideas:

These are far from plots – just bare-bones teasers of subjects I would love to dabble in. Certain ones, I even have characters waiting in the wings for. If one of these looks like it is something you’re interested in, PM me. I am always hungry to create new storylines and concepts.

Pre-History – Yup. Anthropology nerd, here. If you’ve ever read The Earth’s Children Series by Jean Auel, that is the sort of story I want. Rich cultures developing at the dawn of man’s era! Hunter-gatherers, nomadic tribes, and gargantuan megaflora and fauna!

Modern Fantasy – Think ShadowRun on this one, kiddos! Or, Bright. A modern setting with fantastical elements. A multitude of races and magical creatures slapped smack-dab into the middle of some present-day setting. I’ve got ideas for this one, but I want to hear yours!

Mythology (Any) – Alright, so I’m several kinds of nerd. Japanese or Celtic Mythology? Aztec Mythology? Have you ever wanted to play a Seelie Sidhe, a Tanuki, or a Faun? Or maybe you just want some mythological setting to clash with the mundane world and see what hijinks happens? I’m down.

I hope this is all enough for you to sink your teeth into! If anything I’ve discussed so far struck a chord with you or got your creative juices flowing, don’t hesitate to drop me a PM. I love chatting concepts and ideas with potential partners! Writing samples are available upon request.

I would be willing to be your partner I do have an original RP that I tried to do as a group RP but it's been kind of held up because people aren't posting and I think it may be more manageable as a 1x1. It's more of a medieval Industrial Era this with lost of untamed land but I have thought about adapting the world to modern fantasy if you'd like to try it out I will warn you that there is a decent amount of lore to it and has a hard magic system. I am however also willing to do How to Train Your Dragon I'm sorry I know nothing f Fantastic Beast or Mad Max I always meant to see Fantastic Beast but never got around to it so I was going to buy the book but rand out of money on my amazon card so I need another one and Mad Max..I was watching the TV show but I stopped after one episode not because it was particularly bad I just never got back around to watching it again.

Coco Adel Coco Adel

Sure. And to be clear, I am not only interested in the fandoms I listed - I just put them up as idea generators, etc. If there is something in the fantasy or modern fantasy venue that interests you, I would be willing to chat with you about it. I don't want to get into complex magic systems, though. ;) Whatever plot and setting I come up with, I want both myself and my potential partners to have equal say in the creation process and come up with something we would both enjoy from scratch.

Shoot me a PM, if you want to chat!

Hello, hello! I have to say that while reading through your post, many of the aspects you mentioned resonated strongly with me, so here I am! Based on your description and criteria, I think that there's a very good chance that we might be a great fit, so if you're still on the hunt for partners, I'd love to tell you a little about myself and see if my intuition has served me well. ;)

I'm still too new to RPN to send you a PM myself, but if you're interested, feel free to shoot one my way and I'd be happy to chat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back