The (Not So) Evil Mastermind
The Heroes have fought their way across the unknown, slaying a number of demons of various strength and power until they finally reach the Hall of the Death, where the Demon Lord resides. After years of Calamity, they finally reached the final battle, where they have a chance at sealing the Demon Lord and bringing peace into the realm.
The Demon Lord has been waiting for them, sending wave after wave of minions to stop the heroes, or to at least wear them down. The Heroes lost several more of their comrades, but their sacrifice made it possible for them to reach the throne room relatively unscathed. The Demon Lord rises from his throne, his human avatar laughs in amusement at the attempts of the mortals before him. Both sides wasted no more time, and so begin the fight that will decide the fate of the realm.
The Heroes fought hard, giving it their best, some even gave their lives to give their comrades a better shot, a better chance. Pouring their rage and grief into their attacks, the Heroes continued their offensive, and the Demon Lord is finally pushed into a corner. Magical restrains bind him in place, pierced by blades onto the ground, and weighted by the Heroes who pinned him down. In a quiet understanding, they all know that this is the moment: The High Oracle, who has been with the Heroes since their departure from the Capital, began to chant the sealing spell.
Ancient words, the meaning has been lost to mortals, weaved out of the air in bright yellow light. Each word flew and attached itself onto the Demon Lord, each strike sent the Demon Lord into roaring in pain, and slowly it begin to envelop him like a cocoon. The Heroes are at the edge, they could visibly see that there is only a little bit more until he is fully enveloped, sealed into whatever place the original High Oracle sent him in the first place many centuries ago.
But then suddenly, there was silence.
The Heroes turned to find the High Oracle on her knees, a gaping wound on her chest, with blood-- so many of it, pouring out onto the ground. She looked at them pale, before weakly falling to the ground. The cocoon, the seal, started to vibrate violently. The words disappearing in flashes, the Demon Lord fighting back from the inside seemingly made it worse, undoing the bind faster. The situation turned into chaos, as there are those who attempted to hold the Demon Lord, and those who attend to the High Oracle.
It was clear that she was attacked, but who was it? Where did it come from? The Heroes have no time to think about the answer, they must first deal with the Demon Lord the best they can. The High Oracle, in her dying breath, whispered something. The words are as ancient as the sealing spell, carefully said between her coughing of blood. As tears pooled in her eyes, with her dying breath, the High Oracle mouthed: "I'm sorry".
And with that, a blast of light strike down from the sky and engulfed everyone in it.
Hello! This is an RP inspired by your typical reincarnation plot, specifically Bokura no Kiseki manga.
The Heroes are so close to sealing back the Demon Lord when a traitor mortally wounded the High Oracle. Before the Demon Lord could break free, the High Oracle cast another spell...
Now the Heroes have been reincarnated in a modern world, "our world". They have lived in peace until they reached the age of adolescence, when just as destiny would have it, they are all been gathered in White Mountain High School. Slowly, one by one, they started to dream about their previous lives. They chalked it as a weird dream, perhaps from watching Lord of The Rings the other day. But when they encountered another who has a similar dream, or suddenly become very good at fighting, or can suddenly move a cup with their mind, do they realize that perhaps the weird flashes of memories that they are having are perhaps something more...
The reincarnated Heroes will have to work together and piece together their memories of the past to unravel the truth behind the pillar of light, the identity of the traitor(s), whether the High Oracle and Demon Lord is also reincarnated, and the way to stop the Demon Lord to make sure that the Calamity did not happen in this word as well.
The RP will start when the Heroes have been getting their dreams more often, remembering pieces of their old lives more vividly, in particular the battle with Demon Lord. My character, a big fan of the supernatural, is attempting to find others who might have the same dream by printing and posting flyers, inviting people who have similar dreams or experiences to come to the first unofficial paranormal club meeting after school. The story will start from that meeting.
- Players who play as the Traitor(s) and some secret roles (gee I wonder who they could be) are selected by me, so please bear in mind that you might be playing something different from what you have in mind. Think of it as being chosen as the Werewolf or the Guard in a werewolf game (or idk the Impostor in Among Us). You will receive an additional story and role briefing from me. The number of traitor(s) will depend on the number of players. The current slot is 8 players, a number that will be adjusted with the amount of interest this thread receives.
- Your character's modern self doesn't necessarily need to have the same gender as their past self. I.E Was a woman but reincarnated as a man.
- Your character's modern self might not have the same relationship as their past self. I.E Was friends with John Doe, but their modern selves can't stand each other, which will open an interesting dynamic as their past memories return even more.
- Follow RPN rules, please be respectful to each other, and LGBTQ+ are welcome here.
- No godmodding, no puppeting, no gary sues and mary sues.
- Looking for people who are willing to plot with each other to enhance the experience for all of us, as this will be strongly character-driven. For the same reason, the minimum posting requirement will be a paragraph (give or take 5 sentences).
- Please let me know if you are not interested in the RP anymore.
If there is any question, please do ask here or DM me
OOC thread for Daggers in The Dark!
I was going to create a lore page, but I decided it might be better to hear any questions that you guys might have first. So feel free to throw any questions that you have on the setting, lore, or character creation here! My timezone is GMT+7 and it's getting quite late, so I will be answering most of your questions tomorrow and then put them in an organized manner in the upcoming Lore page.