Daermir Farren[Party10]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXTempest

Expected Activity: Everyday except Wednesday. More predominant on weekends.
Time Zone: GMT+10
Character sheet is attached with the "Attach Files" Segment.

Background:

So lads, you want to hear the story of this small dwarf eh? I am not too special, I don’t think I have encountered any real danger my entire life. You all hear stories of those humans, elves, gnomes or even other dwarfs going on grand adventures, whether for glory or for deep personal reason. They always have something traumatic happen in their past life. Me on the other hand, ha, not my style. If you got food or ale, you got my attention. Dwarfs are meant to be serious they say. Forgot that non-sense, bring a pint or two, maybe ten to the table. Show them your just there to have fun.

I have a lot of aspirations for life, none of which involve a dead family member or friend. My goals can be broken down into three steps. Adventure, get payed and get wasted. The best source gold income is the most dangerous jobs out there, and what’s more dangerous than being an adventure.

There are other things though that I care about, I have never really felt at home, while home. Compare to other dwarfs, I was bit too care-free. Never really felt like I fit in. I always wanted to have fun or find something new to do. Yea eventually that caught up to me. I was sought of, incentivised to leave. An offer that I could not refuse at the time, to be told of the wonders that laid outside the walls of Bone Mountain, although to be honest it really wasn’t much of a mountain but rather just a small hill in the middle of no-where.

So anyways, there I was, in the middle of no-where, not aware at the time I had just been kicked out of my home. Wasn’t the smartest fellow back then I’ll admit. So, with the promise of infinity knowledge and different types of people to party with, I set out into the unknown, never once looking behind me. To this day, even if I tried, I don’t think I would be able to find my way back, and I am not even sure if I want to go back. Why bother? This entire world is now open for me to explore, find new people, make new friends and try out all the different foods and drinks available all over the world.

Alright, lets’ back up a step to something I briefly glossed over. Why am I adventurer, the simple answered as said before, is gold, but that isn’t everything. You see, when I encountered other races for the first time, I release something. I do have something special. Something that not many other have, and that’s an iron stomach and an iron skin. Ha, you see when I was out in the wild, I had live off whatever I could find, including eating fruits that weren’t exactly healthy for you. I didn’t know at the time how bad they were meant to be but given the reactions I have seen other races with the same fruits. I can conclude that I have a stronger stomach then other races.

Once I learned of this, I decided to try my hand out with anything that people had to offer. Fruits, meat and ales. This is where my love for food and ale came from, and this is one of the main reasons why I want to explore the world, to eat it all. Unfortunately, this is when I encounter a difficult problem, money. Can’t live without it, can’t party without it. Tried my hands at being a brewer, I became somewhat okay at it, but it never really stuck with me.

That’s until I got bit by a wolf one day while I was out. I was already starting to feel down, yes that right, this seamless never down dwarf was not happy. I had no money and I couldn’t do what I loved. So back to the wolf, with the jaws of the beast clamped around my arm and me not felling happy that day, I felt something then that I have never experienced before then, rage, raw unrestrained rage. I punched it with my other hand, and again, and again, and again. Enough punches later and the wolf detach and fell to the ground.

I pulled the wolf corpse back to the local town and they gave me some few coins for the pelt. I could not believe it at the time. People were willing to pay for these beasts. I found the biggest cheapest weapon I could find and not much later I encounter you lads. Beyond on what happens now, I am not sure, but it’s going to be a good time.

Words: 786

Attachments

• RP-Drawf.pdf
    5.9 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Character Backstory:

Don't see much here that needs asking about, but I will note it's always good to proofread!

Character Sheet:

Please list your other features:

Dwarven Resilience. You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage.

Stonecunning. Whenever you make an Intelligence (History) check related to the origin of stonework, you are considered proficient in the History skill and add double your proficiency bonus to the check, instead of your normal proficiency bonus.

Rage
In battle, you fight with primal ferocity. On your turn, you can enter a rage as a bonus action.

While raging, you gain the following benefits if you aren't wearing heavy armor:

You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a +2 bonus to the damage roll. This bonus increases as you level.
You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
If you are able to cast spells, you can't cast them or concentrate on them while raging.

Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven't attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage on your turn as a bonus action.
-- along with rage damage boost and amount of rages per day.

When ready for another lookover, or have comments, please tag me ( Abrahms Abrahms ) in the Discord!

Attached the updated version to this comment.

Fixed some errors in the background story. Gonna give it another look over in a bit. Failed to catch a few errors the first time I went through it. Bound to have missed some a second time round.

Attachments

• Drawf.pdf
    6.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread