• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom DA: RECLAMATION (closed)

TYPE

Now what?
9ULKEbdRBQxNOTDFJi4AWG76zUX0j4sD1WbXNMigfwePI2JL1ygriq2JhVex0dhjNKUx5BukIm3cGRwlrw4dR-U4eKir-YXSHtlaew3VVBl7UlCTbYNWvfrSqIdMD4mQjfKKZLGv

Dragon Age
R E C L A M A T I O N

In the thirtieth year of the Dragon Age a Blight unlike any other struck the Kingdom of Ferelden, tearing it asunder as the King fell victim to the machinations of his own trusted advisor. What followed was a period of civil war and famine whereby the two remaining living Grey Wardens within the Kingdom sought to remove the usurper Loghain Mac Tir from the throne and unite a broken realm. They did not succeed. At what would later be known as the Hero’s Judgment, the Landsmeet sided with the Hero of the River Dane and thus the man who had so brazenly abandoned his liege took the very same title he almost destroyed. King Loghain the First took a crown he professed he didn’t want and ordered the Wardens to do their duty to Thedas by aiding in the destruction of the Archdemon. Powerless to refuse, and with their support seeping by the second, they agreed. The Battle of Denerim was a bloody but well commanded affair, the new King claiming victory against the forces of evil ravaging the defenseless city with the sacrifice of those two brave Wardens being brushed quietly under the carpet. Loghain Mac Tir would become the title he is known as today. The Hero of Ferelden.

Peace would not last long.

After a small period of rebuilding, the ruins of Ostagar were exhumed and its contents put on display for the people of Ferelden. What was to be discovered there however, would change the course of history. Simple letters from the former King to the Empress of Orlais, correspondence of two rivals, then friends....or even lovers. Slowly seeping into madness, Loghain proclaimed he had uncovered a plot by Orlais to once more drag his beloved homeland into chains. An Ambassador was summoned before him to answer these charges. He left the room a corpse. If it were any other nation, perhaps peace could have been negotiated by calmer heads, but this was the Empire of Orlais. If an insult could cost a life, then an execution could start a bloodbath. War once more consumed an already weary land.

To add to these problems, a woman by the name of Hawke had unwittingly sparked events that would rock the foundations of the Chantry to its core. Anders, a Mage and a friend to Hawke, also known as the Champion of Kirkwall for her infamous role in repelling the Qunari Invasion, destroyed the city’s Chantry and slaughtered Grand Cleric Elthina who resided within. Mage Rebellion ensued as Circle after Circle rose up against the oppression of their Templar masters in solidarity with the Champion and her allies within the city.

This combination of war, rebellion and a rise in the aggressiveness of the Qun put Divine Justinia, formerly known as Revered Mother Dorothea, in a precarious position. In an attempt to end the Rebellion before it truly began, she ordered the Templar Order to stand down. They declared their own independence with fanatical devotion. Alone, broken and with nothing but words at her disposal, the Divine in her unique position as a woman of the cloth, having once been a master of the Game, developed an unconventional solution. A solution that had only previously been given life in the most heretical corners of the Faith.

Using her skills, and with a spy network at her command, she sought those worthy enough to undertake this task. Letters were sent and agents dispatched. You are one of those worthy few. Worthy enough to reach the ears of a Divine. Worthy enough reclaim the fabled spoils of the Golden City. Worthy enough to find...

T H E C R O W N O F T H E M A K E R...

- Hello y'all. Welcome to this here RP. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. We will only be running a very small group for this, since we want to keep that feeling of a smaller, but more intimate and developed party. As it is, there is an overarching story filled with drama, complications, plot and danger already developed - along with a good old treasure hunt. You will be making a hero, called forth by the powers of good to seek out a great boon in the quest for peace. Further details will be shared at some later point, since this is just an Interest Check.

What I can tell you now is that you are going to have to be a 'good' character, meaning you can be selfish and greedy and all those nasty traits - but you are going to be going on a trip you won't be able to go on if you are outright evil. Beyond that, we are starting off mid-ish tier, and there will be some considerations we want you to take into consideration when you play your char. We don't want this to become a min-max epic build competition. The focus is mainly RP. The mechanics and abilities are secondary.

What we want instead is Character. Interesting people with interesting back-stories. At the moment there are four spaces open. We may open one more at a later date if another drops out. Currently we are clear that three people are locked in. Hopefully, a few more of you can join us. Can't wait to see what you have come up with. If there is interest, a CS can go up within the week.

Last edited:
Hmmm...I might be interested. Could I possibly play as the Warden from DA: Origins?

Heya, I am sorry if this was not clear - but the 'Canon' warden is dead, having sacrificed himself in order to kill the Archdemon. As such, no canon characters can be played by any of us, but you may meet with many of them during the RP. I am working on a reply that will give a bit more detail ATM. I hope that will give a bit more clarity.

Okay - the group has been talking and it seems that with seven the story is already getting a bit busy. So we are gonna close it for now. If a spot opens, I will be sure to reopen it and tag anyone who requests that I do. Thanks for the interest!

If you ever have an open spot than I am interested. If not then that is fine and have fun!

It's a great fandom in general. On RPN, not a lot of people run them, which probably explains why they get flooded when they do turn up.

I imagine DA 4 will inspire more people to run games, in a few years. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back