• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help d

Loke Fullbuster

The Language Enthusiast
Staff and Users alike,
For those of you who don't know me(which should be a lot of you) my name is Leon. I've been studying music for 8 years now and I have a really cool idea that I've been wanting to do here for a while now. I was originally afraid to mention this because I was unsure of how both you users and staff would receive it, however, over the last few days I couldn't help but contemplate just how good this idea could be with the help of you guys. So without further ado I would like to present you all with...

Project Idoling (Tentative Title)

What is "Project Idoling"? Project Idoling is an idea for a rap and vocal competition here on RPNation, where contestants in either the rap or vocal category would compete every other week. Depending on the demographics of our contestants this will be done with the intentions of having a final number of boys and girls for either boy and girl project groups, or for having one single coed group. This will simply be based off of how many contestants we have and how many are male, female, or identify more or less with either side.

How will it work? So in terms of the structure of project Idoling, it will be relatively easy to follow. Rap contestants will have one week to learn a rap, and then will produce a final recording which the judging team(consisting of two regular judges and a guest judge) will review, each scoring it based off of a set list of criteria. Once the scores of each judge are averaged together the contestants with the two lowest scores, will face off in a rap battle, consisting of a song the two will both be required to learn. These two recordings will be posted in the official idoling thread where RPN users will be free to vote for who ever they believe did best and want to stay in the competition. The person with the most votes will live to fight another week in the competition and the other will be eliminated. Those auditioning for the vocal roles will go through the exact same process except every off week. The songs chosen for each week will follow themes and maybe whatever type of music the judging team sees fit. One week contestants could be covering Korean pop songs. The next could be American music. The next could be anything within the romance genre. It will constantly change. Below is an example of how the schedule will look:

Week 1: Vocalists learn their song. Rap Contestants teased slowly.

Week 2: Rappers learn their song. Vocalists go through judging and elimination.

Week 3: Vocalist learn new song. Rappers go through judging and elimination.

(On song learning weeks, Rappers and Vocalists will have an advisement day where myself or someone else will listen to the portions of the song they've learned so far, and receive pointers.)

What is the end goal? As mentioned before the end goal will be to have at least one final group that will cover songs together and maybe even release a few original songs. RPN users will vote to determine the final groups name. This definitely doesn't have to be the end goal. If everyone would just prefer to win and be done, thing that may be an option as well. For now this is the idea.

What do you think? Let me know down below what you think about this idea. Would you be interested in competing? Would you prefer not to form a cover group and just end it at winning? Would you want to work as an adviser or judge? Do you make original music and would like to make music for the final group? Let me know down below! Tell everyone you know to come see this!

Loke Fullbuster Loke Fullbuster

There is nothing stating users cannot host their own events/contests, but officially RpNation will not support them (or announce them) and prefers to avoid having user-run things like this due to a slew of issues that may come of it. Issues such as users being mislead by the host of the event/contest, users not getting the 'prizes' offered by the host, users being 'used' by the host for personal gain, etc. We aren't saying this is 100% the case, but should such things happen RpNation Staff have to deal with the messy aftermath.

Again, should you really wish to go with this idea, you can try. However, things like offered prizes shouldn't be included and it must be very transparent about every aspect of it. Proceed with extreme caution is pretty much the answer here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back