• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

D&D - The Claw of the Storms

Style of Play

• Heavily focused on RULES (Unforgiving and Systematic)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heavily focused on WRITING (Forgiving and Open)

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GAME
Faerûn (Dungeons & Dragons)

OOC
Faerûn (OOC)

CHARACTER SHEETS
Faerûn (CS)

Editing this initial post to link people toward the OOC chat if they're interested!
Please consider this Thread nothing more than an advertisement.

This is a D&D homebrew adventure loosely played around the 3.5 mechanics. It will be heavily story driven with dice used primarily for skill checks and combat.

I'm looking for 4 players to take part in the adventure, and you can have a read of the starting point via the GAME link.

Any questions you can fire me a private message or throw a reply into the OOC thread!

Attachments

• Faerun Map.jpg
    Faerun Map.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I'm tentatively interested. I've played quite a bit of 3.5, but only a smattering of 5e. I've been aching for a proper high fantasy campaign for some time now, so if that's what you have in mind I'm eager to hear you out :)

I might be interested. Where would we be starting out and what would the general plot be? I'm more a 5e guy myself these days, so I'm down for that. I'll probably be a Wizard or a Mystic, if they're allowed.

I think I'd be more likely to base the rules of play AROUND the general mechanics for D&D combat, so proficiency with either 3.5 or 5e would be fine.

This is very early stages so starting out wise... I really haven't decided on anything! I just crave some high fantasy.

Cool :)

I'm not sure I understand your poll. What would dice be used for other than skills and combat?

I got that edited.

What I mean to offer is a choice between a style of play focused heavily on the classic D&D mechanics, or a more relaxed style of play which will focus more on writing technique and story.

Initiative, Skill Checks, Combat and Damage will be decided by dice irregardless of play style. The latter will simply be a little more forgiving if someone 'forgets' to draw their weapon as part of an action move.

Would be interested, just need to ask, will this have anything to do with the ring of blue flame?

Also 3.5 gal here.

Definitely don't think it's gonna be anything to do with the Blue Flame.

I'm even open to others DMing if they have a good campaign in mind.

Eh, looking for a campaign I can just roll with. I'm also considering using this as an opertunity to roleplay my char for my IRL campaign in order to get into character better.

Wicked. I'd love to play as well, but if I'm also fine with DMing if it comes to that.

I know there are some great dungeon masters on here, and as I said - I'm as open to joining a campaign as I am of running a fresh one.

If we got a handful of players interested I'm sure we could get something started.

Figuring out starting location in the world and general concept for the main plot, as well as starting level would also be helpful in building a character. Being an avariel in a dungeon crawl is not fun, nor is being a dungeoneering expert in a politically tense murder mystery.

Let's roll with 3.5 (I enjoy Pathfinder for it's mechanics).

Ebsilon I'm definitely thinking some classic High Fantasy. Dungeons... maybe even some Dragons.

Let's kick this off with Level 4 starting (point buy out of 32).

You guys aren't the best in Faerun, but you know how to handle yourselves.

Just to clarify... right now I've got:

Esbilon Esbilon
Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long
JayTee JayTee
S Shabazz

Correct?

Hopefully not dragons for a bit, though ;)

When you say that you enjoy Pathfinder, do you mean that we'll be using Pathfinder rules, or standard 3.5?

Where are you starting us out? I wouldn't want to play a red-dressed male wizard in Rasheman by mistake ;)

How do you feel about prestige classes, since we're starting at level 4, we probably won't be able to qualify for any, but can we be "prepped" them, that is to say enter into them immediately once we have the relevant stat requirements, or should we go out and find a teacher?

You'll be kicking off in the Rauvin Mountains, hands tied and bags over your head.

You were each captured by the same Orc tribe during a farming raid outside of a local village called Lhuvenhead, and one of you allegedly killed the chieften's pet Worg.

This general area is home to 3 notable and unpleasant Orc tribes, by the way. Though Lhuvenhead on the other hand, is a lucritive enough trade village with the river Rauvin running along it. It's crowded with little boats and has plenty of inns / shops.

Why were you there? If these bags are removed from your head are you going to recognise the 3 people next to you or will they appear as strangers?

That is entirely up to yourselves.

If we're doing 3.5 or Pathfinder, I'm going to have to drop out, unfortunately. I really can't get behind that level of crunch in my games much anymore.

Sorry guys. Have fun, though.

No prestige qualifications as of yet, but by all means prepare to branch. As I said - this is going to be loose and free flowing play. More about story than maths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back