• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dᴀɴɢᴀɴʀᴏɴᴘᴀ﹕ Dᴇsᴘᴀɪʀ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴠɪɴɢ ﹣ OOC

Characters
Here
Other
Here
A big question should be how important will the Trials be?

Because Danganronpa is all about the characters, scenario, and the Murder Trials.

Like how are we doing those? And if we do set up mysteries in OOC, how do we keep folks from metagaming during the IC and rushing through investigations and stuff?

We gonna have a thing where different characters gonna investigate different areas and only by bringing clues together will we be able to convincingly utilize it during the trial?

Just asking because in the few of these I've seen, Handling the murders is pretty critical.

A big question should be how important will the Trials be?

Because Danganronpa is all about the characters, scenario, and the Murder Trials.

Like how are we doing those? And if we do set up mysteries in OOC, how do we keep folks from metagaming during the IC and rushing through investigations and stuff?

We gonna have a thing where different characters gonna investigate different areas and only by bringing clues together will we be able to convincingly utilize it during the trial?

Just asking because in the few of these I've seen, Handling the murders is pretty critical.
Okay, so basically, characters will find clues within the RP, which we'll discuss IC. If people decide to meta-game, my plan is to give them like two-three chances and then I'll probably end up booting them from the roleplay, and hopefully, that guideline will prevent metagaming from taking place. After we get everything IC solved, I'll mend that all together and make an announcement IC about all the evidence, the suspect, and the victim, and use that as a sort of makeshift Class Trial. So, instead of a Class Trial, think of it as a....Class Investigation, if that makes enough sense. That way, if we get anything wrong about the murder, we can just make more progress IC instead of dropping the entire roleplay by killing everyone off.

Okay, so basically, characters will find clues within the RP, which we'll discuss IC. If people decide to meta-game, my plan is to give them like two-three chances and then I'll probably end up booting them from the roleplay, and hopefully, that guideline will prevent metagaming from taking place. After we get everything IC solved, I'll mend that all together and make an announcement IC about all the evidence, the suspect, and the victim, and use that as a sort of makeshift Class Trial. So, instead of a Class Trial, think of it as a....Class Investigation, if that makes enough sense. That way, if we get anything wrong about the murder, we can just make more progress IC instead of dropping the entire roleplay by killing everyone off.

So are gonna argue suspects and theories or just use the announcement to represent the entire trial with the outcome depending on if we explore everywhere and get all the evidence?

It'd be too crazy with 17+ students to actually investigate and try to solve things in the RP. Planning it is the way to go.

We'll still make it fun and not obvious.

So are gonna argue suspects and theories or just use the announcement to represent the entire trial with the outcome depending on if we explore everywhere and get all the evidence?
Most likely the second one, lol. And yeah waifu waifu , with everyone investigating, it'd be...quite the mess.

Arguments. Everywhere.

We'll possibly have a scene where after I make the announcement, the characters can argue their own theories and I'll have a sort of order for that so it doesn't get extremely cluttered.​

Most likely the second one, lol. And yeah waifu waifu , with everyone investigating, it'd be...quite the mess.

Arguments. Everywhere.

We'll possibly have a scene where after I make the announcement, the characters can argue their own theories and I'll have a sort of order for that so it doesn't get extremely cluttered.​

So the body's found, we're told to investigate. Set up what they find and where, have the characters come together and look over everything they've got, raise theories and...After a previously determined set of false leads they'll give the answer.

This was an order of fierce discussion for the other ones too.

In one they figured using Discord was the best way to represent the frantic back and forths of the Series' trials, but that only worked because of the core players who managed to show up for them consistently.

But if we're going for a character over mystery style then I'm all for it, it's definitely one of the more unique solutions I've seen.

So the body's found, we're told to investigate. Set up what they find and where, have the characters come together and look over everything they've got, raise theories and...After a previously determined set of false leads they'll give the answer.

This was an order of fierce discussion for the other ones too.

In one they figured using Discord was the best way to represent the frantic back and forths of the Series' trials, but that only worked because of the core players who managed to show up for them consistently.

But if we're going for a character over mystery style then I'm all for it, it's definitely one of the more unique solutions I've seen.
If we were to go the Discord route (which actually sounds promising), I'd have to make sure everyone had an account. And to make sure everyone shows up, I'd have to take into account time zones and all that shit and do some scheduling. So, imo, the first option is the most efficient, since I feel like it gives everyone a chance to participate and all that. If we're talking first option:

I'll make interval announcements about different clues maybe every half hour? We can discuss each clue IC, and when I reveal them all, I make the announcement were we compile everything (our evidence, theories, locations). Then, we'll have characters take turns stating their theories (which I'll find a way to have an influence on the plot- probably a relationship ruiner/improver), and when everyone states their final theories, I'll do an announcement to reveal what actually happened. So, hopefully, that way, we can keep true to the game without the roleplay having a total downfall due to everyones death and keep it entertaining.

Tomorrow afternoon, hopefully. I'm babysitting my little sister and my mom's boyfriend's son. I'll probably work on the RP here and there and hooefully have it done and posted by the afternoon tomorrow!​
Oh cool! Alright, glad I have something to look forward to in the next few days.

Working on my CS currently and trying to get it up quickly. Having to work most of this week so definitely pushing to have it up for you all!

Sorry the RP is taking a while to get up! I might get it done by tonight, but it'll be up early tomorrow. Mom's working late and I'm in way more high maintenance than I thought I'd be xD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back