• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

D&D 5e; seeking players + dm! (Play by post)

Well I don’t want to totally steal your thunder. If you need some help coming up with a character concept, I’m open.
I could use some help wrt what slots we need to fill in to help the team. I see from the GMs post that trappers(rogue-like) and healers seem to be in demand. Aside from that we have a jungle setting so I’m trying to think of a character that’d be justified in ‘being’ there haha. A little rusty on the RP front atm.

Also for the player’s handbook and 1 other books do you guys think you could mail me the PDFs/link me to a trustable download? I’m currently in Japan on vacation so I only brought my phone and iPad. My files are in my mostly stuck in my laptop.

I could use some help wrt what slots we need to fill in to help the team. I see from the GMs post that trappers(rogue-like) and healers seem to be in demand. Aside from that we have a jungle setting so I’m trying to think of a character that’d be justified in ‘being’ there haha. A little rusty on the RP front atm.

Also for the player’s handbook and 1 other books do you guys think you could mail me the PDFs/link me to a trustable download? I’m currently in Japan on vacation so I only brought my phone and iPad. My files are in my mostly stuck in my laptop.

Well think of it this way. Pick a class you like the skills or theme of and then reskin it to fit in the setting or come up with a reason why your character is there individually.

For instance if you want a trapper like character pick a Ranger. A ranger with jungle favored terrain is a perfect fit. You can even have them be newly arrived or having already been in the colony close to its founding so you’re used to it.

That’s just an example though, Rogue, Bard, Druid, Cleric, Fighter, all of these can fit in the setting with only minor changes or none at all if you want to portray them as new to the place.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind getting into a DnD game if there are any openings. I could easily pull in a good Cleric if it is still needed.

If the latecomer spot is still open I'd like to join.

Yeah, you're first to post for it so its yours.

StorytellerLathos StorytellerLathos

I wouldn't mind getting into a DnD game if there are any openings. I could easily pull in a good Cleric if it is still needed.

Hmmm....I know I said I'd limit it to a finite number of players. But I've been in your place and hell, its not like its gonna be a rapid fire posting thing.

Sure, come on in.

Sherwood Sherwood

Prospero Prospero is a hobgoblin ranger okay?

If a Hobgoblin race is in an official book of your choice besides the Players Handbook, then yes.

Tardy Grade Tardy Grade

Hmmm....I know I said I'd limit it to a finite number of players. But I've been in your place and hell, its not like its gonna be a rapid fire posting thing.

Sure, come on in.
Are you going with dice rolling or the point buy system for attributes?

Sweet. But that mean’s I should stick to one of the two standard variants of rangers and can’t use one from another book like Gloom Stalker, yes?

You get whatever Ranger archetype there is from the PHB as well as the second, official book chosen. If there's nothing in the second, you're limited to PHB.

And with that, please direct all questions to the Sunstone OOC. I won't be responding here anymore, not with the latter set up precisely for these sort of questions.

Also, I'm now closing entries to the game. What we have now is all I'm gming for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back