• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

D&D 5E RP

I'll have to play a different character for this one to escape boring you, Umbrie. Hmm... Well, I have worked on updating the Warforged into 5e.

Would that fit? I don't know much about Final Fantasy, so I honestly don't know. Aside from that, my character would be a Warforged Fighter. Built for tactical combat and off-tanking.

Would that fit? I don't know much about Final Fantasy, so I honestly don't know. Aside from that, my character would be a Warforged Fighter. Built for tactical combat and off-tanking.

FF14 has a lot of stuff that could easily be found in Standard D&D, Auri are technically dragonborn, but instead of looking reptilian, they are horned and tailed "humans" with patches of dragon scales spread throughout their body. typically in cosmetically appealing areas. so they are effectively less reptilian looking dragonborn.

Armigers are Heavily Armored Sword and Board Tanks, essentially fighters. Armiger is another term for knight or paladin, though it started as a word for "Armor Bearer". but we can play our fighters differently, i'm considering either champion or eldritch knight to be different. though i could go paladin or war cleric if that is preferred.

I tend to play them slightly differently. The one I would play for this campaign, Sentinel, tends to stand for the tolerance of all species and condones finding peace through conversation or honorable combat to settle disputes. He prefers to never kill a foe, and opts to instead render them unconscious for later questioning or to bring them to justice. He plays much like a knight, though with a much less formal attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes - short of killing - to complete a contract.

I tend to play them slightly differently. The one I would play for this campaign, Sentinel, tends to stand for the tolerance of all species and condones finding peace through conversation or honorable combat to settle disputes. He prefers to never kill a foe, and opts to instead render them unconscious for later questioning or to bring them to justice. He plays much like a knight, though with a much less formal attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes - short of killing - to complete a contract.

sounds very much like a Lawful Neutral or Lawful Good Paladin of Justice. sounds very Samurai like too. i would love to see this Warforged Tank, and i could make the Auri a War Domain Cleric who also reveres the concept of justice or i could bring a pint sized Fey Pact Warlock who impersonates a humanoid child as a cover and works to win over the hearts of her enemies with kindness in the magical girl fashion.

I should likely state; the way I've designed Warforged using my homebrew, they have a very surreal understanding of combat, and can usually judge when a fight is about to break out. So while Sentinel won't usually want to see a fight happen, he will certainly never back down from one unless it's obviously hopeless.

i guess i could, if i go with the fey lock, say she was a human child who was transformed into a half elf as part of a pact with a Heretical Nymph that prefers civilization over nature. thus making an urban fey lock whose soul is owned by a Pariah to nymph kind. she didn't know the Nymph was a traitor to prince Oberon of the Unseelie Court and that by making a pact with said nymph to cure her anemia, that she effectively signed herself as a maid to said nymph and has to serve her as a changeling in the afterlife. so either way, the only way to complete her end of the bargain is to help contribute to the downfall of the Unseelie Court. which somehow includes a high level endgame sidequest to murder prince oberon and impale his head upon a cold iron pike, but whenever she consults the nymph, the nymph demands to be addressed as "Mommy". so she knows she doesn't want to be a changeling.

Quite the interesting backstory. And leaves room for an astoundingly entertaining subplot. Sentinel's story is that in his service during the Last War, he was given a temporary rank of Commander and had seen many atrocities during the war. Being uninformed of the immorality of his higher-ups, Sentinel carried out orders to the letter and demanded the same of his men. His exceptional service record and the outstanding performances of the Warforged under his command led to his temporary rank being made permanent and, upon the end of the war, he was both celebrated as a war hero for his excellent service, and admonished as a monster by any who knew of his deeds. Stirred to uncertainty by the mixed reception, he took it upon himself to remember the faces of every man, woman, child, and Warforged he was ordered to slay during his 30 years of service. He then tracked their families and friends to tell them of their deaths. From that day on, he vowed to never kill again unless absolutely necessary. He'd been awakened to morality, and he was never going back to being a mindless drone. In his years of travel as a man-hunter, he came across a young Goblin Wizard who taught him the wonders of magic, and he now travels with a blank book which he intends to one day fill with many spells to bring back and share with his friend.

Look around online, you should be able to find PDFs of all the 5th Edition books that you can study and learn. They're different than 2e. A lot different, but 5th edition is really fun to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back