• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

D&D 5e. Menace Of Gnarwood

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Lord0fFate

The Omnipresent.
Greetings Travelers, I will be your DM for this campaign called "The Menace Of Gnarwood"
This tale takes place in an early and new world where not much has been explored nor tamed in a sense that I only know of where as this land uncharted holds a lore with many dangers tied to it and the only ones brave enough to venture out beyond is you!

Welcome to the new world of Volkein!
A mountainous and wooded terrain may look innocent but remember unknown land harbenges unknown threats.

Dreeston Surrounds.jpg

The year to date on the newly found world Volkein is 27y 1st age.
The only civilized location on the map is the forest village "Delver Dale" where only a small population of 74 call home.
Latley a rumor around the local tavern has been spread from person to person telling of a strange creature of shadow, a cold and nameless whisper they say. It stalks around the territory of Gnarwood only at night says a hunter but nobody has truly seen it except for very few only if they had come back alive to tell about it.

The artisans and philosophers begin to suspect a deeper force has been awakening since foot has been stepped on land.

Last edited:
Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie.
A portal opens up near the pass of Dreaston crackling and spewing out void energy then bang! You're sent rocketing out of the portal into a couple trees smashing one in half, you skid across the ground coming to a slow stop steam rolls off of you as your metal is searing hot luckily very minor internal damage has been done, at the least you can only recall being in the midst of a heavey fire fight before seeing a flash of bright light.

"Boop Bweoop beep beep boop!?" George says as he tries to communicate with his unit. The sound of birds and squirrels is all around him. He straightens up, and raises his Battle Rifle arm in slightly in front of him. The battle Rifle mechanically loads itself with a metallic *Kerchunk* and George begins to walk in a straight ahead.

(I play a lot of 2nd ED where you only use one 20 sided Dice. Is that still true for this encounter?)

Last edited:
(Sorry excuse the exsevive rolling I did I'm new myself, anyhoo you just go to edit post and click roll dice)

Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie.
You notice everything around you to be unfamiliar and the rather loud thumps of your steps frighten off most of the animals however you did capture the attention of two bandits camping 25 meters away.
Bandit 1: *jumps up* Do you hear that?
Bandit 2: Indeed I do lets go check it out but be on guard!

The two bandits arm themselves with bow and arrow along with short swords, they slowly make their way towards you stealthily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back