• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

D&D 5e: Dark Ages of Taeral (Closed)

Guys, we have our players. I’ll get threads up today so we can start OOC discussions and you can post characters, etc.

Glad to have so much interest. All the characters I’ve seen so far are awesome. I’m so excited.

Stay tuned!

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Idea Idea Silanon Silanon BnemonicDevice BnemonicDevice D. Rex D. Rex
Oh no! You totally can! That’s just what I was thinking. Of course it would be better if you have ties to each other and relationships already. I’m not sure how to adjudicate that. But let’s do it that way.

Yay! <3 YAY!!!

7BCCBCD6-E438-42F4-9AFB-704C82A1584F.gif

Open to anyone who wants to arrange something with backstories by the way! Plenty of room to go around. Especially with Psychie Psychie since she is an elf and my character lived her whole life in an elvish community.
I'm going with Chaotic Good for my elf, and so long as you were somewhat pious with your religious devotions, I have no problem having known each other prior to game start. I've led a very sheltered life in the temple of Corellon, having spent the past 75 years of her life there before leaving to bring the light to the elves that have traveled out into the world.

I've led a very sheltered life in the temple of Corellon, having spent the past 75 years of her life there before leaving to bring the light to the elves that have traveled out into the world.
Is the temple of Colleron just a single place in a given location or are there multiple temples of Colleron?

I don't know. I just picked that background for my character from the Acolyte background. Whatever community you want to be from is good with me. It would just happen to have a temple in it for me to have lived and worked at.

I don't know. I just picked that background for my character from the Acolyte background. Whatever community you want to be from is good with me. It would just happen to have a temple in it for me to have lived and worked at.
Oh sure! My character isn't especially pious, but with how long she's lived she's certainly earned her reputation among her elven community. I do think such a community would have a temple to a deity, multiple in fact after that whole lich invasion, and my character would have probably visited those temples, if nothing else following other leaders of the community, or to be present at cerimonies or just from when she attempted to study religion and deities in her quest for immortality.

Want to discuss more details? If so, would you prefer PM, discord or waiting for the OOC thread?

BnemonicDevice BnemonicDevice how old do you plan on making your warforged? I’m not too familiar with the race, but I imagine they must have long lives if they are practically machines.
Warforged can technically live forever. They're probably going to be someone on the more chaotic end, seeking to establish their own truths, apart from the ones imbued in him as a cleric, as they were created by their Patron God as a sentry, but eventually disobeyed his artificial nature in pursuit of a greater meaning.

Warforged can technically live forever. They're probably going to be someone on the more chaotic end, seeking to establish their own truths, apart from the ones imbued in him as a cleric, as they were created by their Patron God as a sentry, but eventually disobeyed his artificial nature in pursuit of a greater meaning.
Yep, did read after that they seem to be unaging. Kind of like my character, but robot :P But ya didn't answer my question, how old do you plan on making your character?

I can imagine. I do have a few ideas that come to mind though. Would you like for our characters to have met?

Lucky. Aarakocra only live for 30ish years...

Anywho! WlfSamurai WlfSamurai how much freedom do we have in shaping the world when it comes to our backstories? If there are any other specifics about the world, I'd love to hear about them before writing the backstory and making things up.

Well, other than my background which is being tweaked to show my newfound friendship with Idea's character, I'm ready to post her.

Anywho! WlfSamurai WlfSamurai how much freedom do we have in shaping the world when it comes to our backstories? If there are any other specifics about the world, I'd love to hear about them before writing the backstory and making things up.
You have quite a bit. I don’t have much set other than broad strokes. And I’m okay changing any of it to fit your characters. So, go to town and if conflicts, I’ll suggest somethings or we can hash it out.

Okay, the threads are up! Have at it!

Main:

OOC:

Character Sheets:

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Idea Idea Silanon Silanon BnemonicDevice BnemonicDevice D. Rex D. Rex

Hi is this still open? I'm looking to get into DnD, so if you'd be willing to tutor a newbie i'd be happy to join (if not and youre looking for experienced players thats fine too!)

Hi is this still open? I'm looking to get into DnD, so if you'd be willing to tutor a newbie i'd be happy to join (if not and youre looking for experienced players thats fine too!)
Unfortunately, we’re full right now. I apologize. I’m willing to teach you the game in a limited 1-on-1 scenario or with someone else, if you’d like to learn the game.

Let me know.

Unfortunately, we’re full right now. I apologize. I’m willing to teach you the game in a limited 1-on-1 scenario or with someone else, if you’d like to learn the game.

Let me know.
Oh yeah, I'd appreciate any help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back