• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

D&D 5e, Baby! [seeking: DM!]

Super Kawaii

かっこ
Heya! Soooo, I’ve been watching a lot of Critical Role recently and it’s really put me in the mood to play some D&D! Problem with THAT is that I don’t have any friends in real life who would have an interest in playing with me, so, I’ve decided to look for a group online to potentially play with!

It would need to be an entirely written game, in a 100% play-by-post style, because I have an unpredictable schedule and can’t plan a set time to play, unfortunately. So, if you’re a player OR a DM who is interested in starting up a brand-spankin’-new adventure, let me know either in a message or here in this thread!

However, I’m looking for people who are seriously interested only! This will be a LONG game since it will be play-by-post, and likely, posts you can make a day will be limited as we await responses of each party member. So, if you’re the kind of person who likes to rush, this may not be the game for you!

Now, I don’t know how many players the DM wants, but I will say that I personally would like NO MORE than six players, and NO LESS than four. DM, you obviously will be the one who calls the shots on that cap, but just keep the slow play-by-post thing in mind. The more players we have, the slower we will undoubtedly end up going.

So! That all said, please let me know if you’re interested! Here are the roles, if they have “n/a”, that means the role is not yet filled!

DM: n/a

Player Slot 1: Super Kawaii / Sorcerer
Player Slot 2: FatalForest / Cleric
Player Slot 3: Rusty of Shackleford / Paladin
Player Slot 4: OverconfidentMagi / Warlock or Wizard
Player Slot 5: Sherwood / Fighter

A little about me and what kind of character I hope to play…

qR6uR30.png

Heya! My name is Super Kawaii, at least, on here that’s what I’ve dubbed my account. I’m 27, and I’m not hella experienced with D&D admittedly. I’ve played a few games, but mostly with other new people. Still, I love the game, and hope to find others who love it as well and want to create a fun little group!

My character’s name is Sengri, and he’s a grumpy drow sorcerer. I made up a character sheet and stuff for him a long time ago, but never really got to play with him, as the group I was with decided to part ways irl. Basically, he is a total dick, but he’s small and fun sized and at least LOOKS like a bratty little asshole, so, there’s that! I had that nice graphic made for him back when I thought I’d get to play as him, so hopefully, he will get another shot at an adventure!

Last edited:
I would absolutely love to play or give DMing this a shot! I’ve always wanted to DM, but am bad at fast reactions to unexpected things, but writing would make it super easy on me. I’m also totally willing to just play, though. I can always use another campaign haha

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Agreed. Especially if this is going to be a slower paced game, starting at level three would keep the beginning from being dead boring as we are all a bunch of little weaklings, lol. So, we could probably set it at level three, and try to find a DM who is alright with that. Does that mean you're game?

FatalForest FatalForest In that case, I think it would be best if you were a player instead of the DM. I think for this, a DM with some experience may be required, since DMing a play-by-post game is different than DMing a standard game. But I'd totally love to have you as a player!

Dope! I have a ton of different characters already set up, so I’ll wait to see what other people have and fill any gaps.

Hell yeah~! That sounds like fun! I've never played a paladin, and I don't think I've played with one in my group, either. :o

Paladin's are probably my favorite class because their mechanics are very basic, but they are very powerful, and have a really awesome feel for me.

Paladins are sooo fun. Anyone with a shield and chain mail is, really haha. I’m personally probably going to roll my cleric or my protection fighter...both of which have shields and armor

I am actually playing a sword and board paladin! Very much a team player.

You haven't seen damage until you've created a rogue-paladin multiclass.

Multi classes scare me. You only play with one Barbarian-Fighter Warforged before you realize how terrifying it is. Barbarian rage with fighter multiattack, my DM still has nightmares

Oh, no. I'm making a pure sword and board Devotion Paladin. Half-elf gave me a huge bonus to my Charisma, and I rolled decent stats. I'm making him a smite tank. I was just mentioning an idea I got about some kind of Assassin-Oath of Vengeance monstrosity that does so much damage they don't just kill their oppopnents: they retroactively remove them from the timeline.

Not 100% on what kind of character I'd want to play, but I have a few... hundred... spare character sheets lying around. A character I've been wanting to play is a socially-awkward male succubus that's a supportive warlock (fae/celestial patron). But of course that char had a few homebrew traits (succubus race and fun themed spells like wardrobe malfunction and undress), so if that's out plan B would probably be... either a pure Necromancer Wizard or some necromacer/healer hybrid thing (one way or another, you're getting back up).

I would enjoy a DnD game. Perhaps I can brush off the dust of my old Dragonborn fighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back