• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

D&D 5e : Anyone willing to DM a one-shot?

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello there! How's it going?

So, recently I've been wanting to play some D&D and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to DM a one-shot campaign between now and a week from now. It would be a real time text-based session for a party of three to six depending on interest. I am of course willing to help with preparations and organizing, but I'd prefer to participate with a character of my own instead of DMing for this one. Exact rules of the session and all, such as whether homebrew is allowed, are negotiable.

Honestly with these specific requirements I don't really expect results, but I'd be jubilant if I do find someone. Better to at least try, right?

In any case, thank you for reading and happy RPing!

I might be interested. Do you have an idea for the campaign?

I might be interested. Do you have an idea for the campaign?
As DM ?

Not particularly. The more D&D-ish it seems in terms of a campaign the better, so more on the traditional side, but beyond that I am flexible (and of course, willing to work with whoever DMs to flesh it out more if they want).

What exactly do you mean by "more D&D-ish"?
You know how some DMs want to stray from the D&D sort of pseudo-medieval fantasy adventure? Being more D&D-ish would be staying more comfortably within what you'd expect froma typical D&D adventure.

I'd entertain running the game with pathfinder system (paizo's modern D&D ruleset) and I have a great application for making characters which produces cool PDFs. PM me and we can talk on discord and I can make a character with you and spitball ideas. Once you see how easy it is we can discuss writing an interest check and getting more people.

If things mesh, we can probably pull this off. I do free-form fantasy RPs on discord often enough already!

I'd entertain running the game with pathfinder system (paizo's modern D&D ruleset) and I have a great application for making characters which produces cool PDFs. PM me and we can talk on discord and I can make a character with you and spitball ideas. Once you see how easy it is we can discuss writing an interest check and getting more people.

If things mesh, we can probably pull this off. I do free-form fantasy RPs on discord often enough already!
Hmm...I'm only experienced with D&D 5e, but if you think it's a feasible transition within the timeframe, then I'm willing to give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back