• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

D&D 5e, an interest check.

Lost where? Lol.

I promise to draw you a map, and link a wiki once we find you.
Haha, sorry! I don't remember all the different classes off the top of my head - I was going to lurk for a day and see what everyone else came up with first. I don't have any specific character in mind already, so what class would you suggest? Is there one that has more simple stats/abilities than the others?

I just saw Sol's post - a pearl-clutching paladin could be an interesting foil to a warlock, if I'm remembering my tvtropes correctly.

Haha, sorry! I don't remember all the different classes off the top of my head - I was going to lurk for a day and see what everyone else came up with first. I don't have any specific character in mind already, so what class would you suggest? Is there one that has more simple stats/abilities than the others?

I just saw Sol's post - a pearl-clutching paladin could be an interesting foil to a warlock, if I'm remembering my tvtropes correctly.

Okay.

Your map, my dear.

Now, for easy of play.
Fighterman. Its job is its name.

A Paladin could be an interesting foil, but only if our Warlock is one that rubs said Paladin the wrong way. Not all who wander are lost, and not all in the dark are evil.

I love Warlocks. I love the EDGE.
Any idea what kind of Warlock?

Honestly stuck between fiend and the great old one. The character concept I had in mind could go either way: pact with fiend for revenge or GOO for survival. The Undying sounds cool but looking at its features leave much to be desired. She wouldn't be an evil alignment. More neutral with the big potential to fall down to evil if others don't keep her on the right track.

I am thinking Life cleric! Goddess Eldath is my initial thought but I am open to suggesting is your have any suggestions.

The Faerûnian Pantheon isn't my deepest knowledge well, but Eldath is a simple enough archytpe to run with with comparable God's and Goddess else where. So go forth and start envisioning your religious fanboy. Once I have a better idea of what were doing I'll get back with you as needed.

Honestly stuck between fiend and the great old one. The character concept I had in mind could go either way: pact with fiend for revenge or GOO for survival. The Undying sounds cool but looking at its features leave much to be desired. She wouldn't be an evil alignment. More neutral with the big potential to fall down to evil if others don't keep her on the right track.

Undying is... just sad. Saddly.

Otherwise, GOO and Feind are great. So my question would become why is your character a Warlock? Why did they sell their soul, what did they get out of it?
That said, if you want to be neutral GOO is more in the flavor vein. Fiend will have your Patron dragging you down the path to hell, kicking and screaming if necessary.

Otherwise, GOO and Feind are great. So my question would become why is your character a Warlock? Why did they sell their soul, what did they get out of it?
That said, if you want to be neutral GOO is more in the flavor vein. Fiend will have your Patron dragging you down the path to hell, kicking and screaming if necessary.

A quick write up based off a half-cooked concept and a tire brain:
They worked at a tavern with their best friend. When an obsessed suitor killed her friend thinking they were getting in the way she left town. Not having to survive a day in her life in the wilderness it wasn’t going well for her. On the verge of starvation with nothing but sorrow and anger fueling her, she heard the woods speak to her. It made delicious promises about power, revenge and most importantly, survival. Between dying and giving up her soul it felt like a no brainer to her at the time.

Most likely will change slightly to suit the patron better once that’s been decided but that was the just anyways. Archfey could also work for that concept too now that I think about it. Probably more so than GOO. Although, still crying over the Undying shenanigans.

A quick write up based off a half-cooked concept and a tire brain:
They worked at a tavern with their best friend. When an obsessed suitor killed her friend thinking they were getting in the way she left town. Not having to survive a day in her life in the wilderness it wasn’t going well for her. On the verge of starvation with nothing but sorrow and anger fueling her, she heard the woods speak to her. It made delicious promises about power, revenge and most importantly, survival. Between dying and giving up her soul it felt like a no brainer to her at the time.

Most likely will change slightly to suit the patron better once that’s been decided but that was the just anyways. Archfey could also work for that concept too now that I think about it. Probably more so than GOO. Although, still crying over the Undying shenanigans.

That feels like Archfey admitedly, although could also very much be Fiend. I don't see GOO at all.
That said sleep, I plan to too. If you go Fiend and keep the base idea, I have plans. If you Fey I don't have plans, but I don't need them. Fey writes itself.
If you try and go GOO, it'll require a slight stretch. Haunted woods and all that, but still do-able.

Undying is still a pity. Feel free to look a DnDBeyond homebrew, might be something there.

Fuck. If a spot opens up, I'd be MORE than happy to join.

I'm Sorry!! This filled up more less instantly.
If room opens up I'll contact you.

Anyway, night ya'll. I'll think on stuff, touch base, and open a OOC tomorrow or the next day.

Since the OOC ain't open yet, and I'm a filthy European who's always awake when everyone else isn't, if anyone has a discord and would like to talk, do let me know! I'll PM ya my tag.

Ello ello! You still got space or am I outta luck?

That feels like Archfey admitedly, although could also very much be Fiend. I don't see GOO at all.
That said sleep, I plan to too. If you go Fiend and keep the base idea, I have plans. If you Fey I don't have plans, but I don't need them. Fey writes itself.
If you try and go GOO, it'll require a slight stretch. Haunted woods and all that, but still do-able.

I slept on the idea and looked up some homebrew content during my breaks at work. In the end, I think I will stick with fiend as I like the flavor of corruption. I think recently watching The Witch might have made me privy to choosing it but I digress. At least I finally decided on one!

I'm rather a new rp to but definitely interested in 5e DND and learning to become very involved my playstyle is logical rationality for given situations of all varieties

I'm rather a new rp to but definitely interested in 5e DND and learning to become very involved my playstyle is logical rationality for given situations of all varieties

I'm sorry, we all ready filled up. Honestly, it happened quite over night.

That said, I'll keep you on the short list for when I either start a new campaign, or if lose someone.

Im around if another RP opens up.

Im hoping to play either a wizard, monk or ranger in a high fantasy setting, or even a world with an Old Western/Fantasy Vibe.

On a side note: anyone here ever done a roleplay set in Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere?

I guess I'd be open to joining a wait list either for this RP itself or for any others you may decide to create. ^^ I have a good year or two worth of experience playing in 5e and my go-to character is usually a Tabaxi rogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back