• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

D&D 5E - A Grimm Remnant [OPEN]

Young_Charles99

Tried this before but I'm sticking more with the 5e rather than going from scratch.

Looking for a small group of four to try out a RWBY-style campaign. IC and OOC done on here while dice checks will be done elsewhere. Concept of this campaign is that Hunters and Huntresses (Fighters) with the option between the Human and Faunus (Tabaxi - used for stat purposes, not appearances).

For those that are interested, let me know. I would like to get a group together within the next 24 hours.

TAKING THE FIRST FOUR TO RESPOND!

~INTRODUCTION~
"Class is in session for the students at Beacon. First-years join the fight for humanity against the forces of darkness. While they may be ambitious and courageous, they still have much to learn before they can call themselves Hunters and Huntresses. Years prior to the fall of the school, Ozpin is away for some time, leaving the school's staff to take care of the new and returning students. What is he up to? What will be your duties as trainees? Why not find out for yourself?"

Last edited:
To add a little bit of detail to this, changes are going to be made to make certain things simpler and quicker as well as fit better with the world and genre. Major changes being made will be in race and class. As there are only two actual races in Remnant, these two options will be available:

*Racial Options
1.) Human - +1 Charisma | +1 Intelligence
2.) Faunus - +1 Dexterity | +1 Trait (Darkvision, Water Breathing, Wall Climbing, etc.)

Ability scores and skills (aside from replacing the Arcana skill with Dust) will remain the same; however, each character is allowed 4 Proficient Skills as well as the standard set of starting ability scores (14, 13, 12, 11, 10, & 8). In this campaign, Hunters and Huntresses are considered to be highly skilled with weapons and semblance - innate magical abilities - in unison. As such, characters will be leveling as Fighters, gaining multiple combat skills with their weapons as well as gaining upgrades over time in weaponry and uniform.
-Note that weapons will have rules. Mainly the composition, mechanics, and utility of your weapons. Example: In order to duel wield, a specific Fighting Style is required. Another: Two light weapons may combine to form an average weapon, gaining a level in weight with each adjustment.

Semblance begins with a single concept and goes from there. Beginning with the idea of Fire Manipulation/Pyrokinesis, this would be the title (or something creative of your own naming within reason). At level one, a semblance is allowed a Base and a 1st-Form. The base is chosen from the list of cantrips, able to use them at any point without any requirements. If you can guess, 1st-Form is a spell chosen from the 1st-level spell list. Instead of spending Spell Slots, a semblance burns through aura, or your Aura Count (AC, replacing Armor Class). 1st-Form burns 1 point of Aura, 2nd burns 2 points, and so on.

Mentioned before, Aura will not follow the same rules of an Armor Class. Instead, a character relies on their Dexterity, determining an automatic dodge count. If the dodge fails, the count must pass an armor check if a shield is equipped. If the attack hits, the damage dealt decreases the character's Aura. When Aura is depleted completely, HP is then lowered from then on until Aura is restored. If a character's HP reaches 0, that character is considered unconscious (instant death if the damage is half or more of that character's maximum health points). Any damage taken after that results in death. Death saves will be included as the final option in survival.

Some other cool collection of RWBY concepts including Dust Items to increase semblance and weapons, landing strategies, destinations/maps, Grimm, and more are also worked into the campaign as well.

Interested in this but not terribly familiar with RWBY for the most part. Is that fine?

I'd be interested! I'm a little rusty on RWBY (have seen up to s7), but the idea of a small dmed school rp intrigues me. :>

RWBY is awesome. I hope this gets off the ground for you Young_Charles99 Young_Charles99 . I'd post interested; however, my schedule is already full. But if you need a baddie to show up for a scene here and there, I'd be down to do that. I just can't dedicate to full interest.

RWBY is awesome. I hope this gets off the ground for you Young_Charles99 Young_Charles99 . I'd post interested; however, my schedule is already full. But if you need a baddie to show up for a scene here and there, I'd be down to do that. I just can't dedicate to full interest.
I'll definitely be keeping that in mind. Guest big bads could be a fun concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back