• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom D.C. RP Interest Check/ Idea Poll (Superhero)

Which of the below ideas do you like best?

• Young Justice: Rebellious

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Justice League: Within The Sickness

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Darrian_Gabriel

Sicarii Assassin
rebellious.png

YOUNG JUSTICE: REBELLIOUS
We started off as a young team of all side kicks, so eager to prove ourselves. The dream, the goal was to make the League proper some day. We've all grown so much since than, in both stature and skill. Than the day came that no one could ever predicted. The Joker had somehow tricked Superman into killing both his wife, unborn child and nearly four million people when a bomb detonated in Metropolis...all just to prove a point. That anyone could turn to the dark side after just one bad day. Terrifyingly in Superman's case, he was right. In no time, the Man of Steel established an authoritarian regime that took over the planet. This effectively split the Justice League down the middle. Half sided with Superman's rule, while the other joined Batman in an insurgency against it. We were completely taken off guard when it all went down. Before we knew what had happened, the members of Young Justice were battling Superman when he came to retrieve the Phantom Zone Projector. We did all we could, but the Kryptonian overwhelmed us, resulting in Conner Kent suffering a near fatal injury at Superman's hands. After that Superman forced the rest of our team into the Phantom Zone in order to save Superboy's life. With no other choice, we were imprisoned inside the extra dimensional universe for three long years. Eventually Batman figured out a way to free us, but the world we were greeted with was very different from the one we had left. The Insurgency is nearly crippled, with only a few Leaguers left to continue the fight. Well them and us of course. Only a few short years ago, we were all bright eyed young heroes, with so much to look forward to. Now we find ourselves on a decimated world, our mentors engaged in a bloody civil war for control of the planet. One thing is for certain, Superman's Regime must be taken down and if what's left of the regular League can't do it, than Young Justice maybe all that's stands between freedom and oblivion.

justice league.png

JUSTICE LEAGUE: WITHIN THE SICKNESS
We're all sitting in a large meeting room to have a group therapy session with Dr. Johnathan Crane, the lead psychotherapist at Arkham Asylum. Apparently I'm not the only nut job with delusions of extreme grandeur. You see everybody here suffers from the particular mental ailment they call the Tetch Grandiosity Syndrome, basically we seem to think that were superheroes, or were at some point. But as insane as it sounds, I actually have the memories of flying around, saving people and being an actual hero...so does everyone else. Dr. Crane says that our delusions are so strong that these memories might seem quite real, but that it's just a manifestation of our fevered minds trying to cope with harsh reality. My memories, or what I thought were memories are fuzzy now, probably due to all the shock treatment and meds, but they're still there. I've been talking with some of my fellow patients and many of them seem to think that something is just not right with this place. How could all of us seem to share the exact same delusion? None of it makes any sense. Are we really insane or is all this some kind of nightmare? So help me, we're going to find the truth, no matter where it leads us.

I voted for within the sickness but I can see either of these being fun to play out.
That was actually my favorite too. But Rebellious is based on the Injustice universe, which is my all time favorite comic book/game. So I'm of course down for either. The votes seem to favor Rebellious though.

OMG this is really good. I call dibs on Green Lantern. If I may lol

I say Rebellious if we have more people. And sickness if there is only a few of us. Kind of makes since. If you have 4 RPers really can't do Rebellious ( you could obvesley I just believe it would be much better with more players.)

OMG this is really good. I call dibs on Green Lantern. If I may lol

I say Rebellious if we have more people. And sickness if there is only a few of us. Kind of makes since. If you have 4 RPers really can't do Rebellious ( you could obvesley I just believe it would be much better with more players.)

Well if we end up doing Sickness, we can have more than one Lantern, since each sector contains at least a pair. But if we do Rebellious, sorry dude, but The Lantern is mine 😆. I have something very special planned for that character. No offense.

oh that reminds me, to what extent are our characters gonna be canon/canon related and to what extent are they gonna be fully OC, cause I'm only loosely familiar with the source material. I'm happy to wiki dive and such as is needed but I can't claim to be an expert right off the bat.

oh that reminds me, to what extent are our characters gonna be canon/canon related and to what extent are they gonna be fully OC, cause I'm only loosely familiar with the source material. I'm happy to wiki dive and such as is needed but I can't claim to be an expert right off the bat.
It's open to both Canon and Original Characters. Canon Characters are first come, first serve.

Then I vote Sickness lol he is the reason I fell in love with DC and the only reason I haven't watched any new justice league movies because the lantern wasn't in it. But I gotcha. I'm still very interested.

If we do Rebellious I'll be Batman if that's ok? I've done load of RPs as Batman and Alfred I'm just very particular about GL lol.

If we do Rebellious I'll be Batman if that's ok? I've done load of RPs as Batman and Alfred I'm just very particular about GL lol.
Well we're very close on the poll. I'll give it till maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. But as far as Rebellious, with that one, all mainline adult Leaguers will be unavailable. It'll be limited to members of Young Justice itself. I have a very special work around for my GL character. He won't be an official Lantern per say, but an apprentice of sorts. If we end up doing Rebellious, it'll all be explained 😆. Again, sorry dude, I'm really not trying to be a dick. You just picking Characters that I had never meant to be playable.

casted my vote for rebellious!

I'm going to give the poll one more day, but the way it looks now is that Rebellious is pulling forward with six votes out of ten. Should be interesting 😉

I've voted and am clearly interested! Hopefully we don't need too much in depth knowledge of Injustice. I read it years ago once but happy to read resources to keep up.

I'll more than likely create an OC unless we need specific characters/roles filled.

I've voted and am clearly interested! Hopefully we don't need too much in depth knowledge of Injustice. I read it years ago once but happy to read resources to keep up.

I'll more than likely create an OC unless we need specific characters/roles filled.
I've read Injustice at least fifteen times. It is my absolute favorite Comic story of all time, with World War Hulk being a close second. But I wouldn't say you would have to be super knowledgeable (pun intended 😜) for the RP, just know the basics...and yea OC's are encouraged.

super interested in the rebellious concept! love love love the injustice storyline

In terms of characterization and how they're written, maybe aspects of the lore.
I figured I'd ask because it's based on specific versions of DC and not something more general like the other idea.
I think I know what you mean, but give me an example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back