• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Cyberpunk Thing

Wake

An Aesthetic sham
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Although night had fallen over the city a few hours prior, the streets remained active as ever. Lit by the bright, softly buzzing florescent signs on the walls of the towering grey buildings and in the windows of shops. The air carried the faint, heavy smell of diesel and exhaust, of hot concrete and stale cigarettes. Water remaining from an early afternoon rain pooled in dirty puddles, tainted by the filth of the city. The upper canopy of the city was a fog of neon and smog.
Downtown, the seedier segment of the city, awoke around midnight. Here, those who make their living off the sordid and illicit survive on the fringes of the law. The dregs of society, as some say. In this part of the city, a man sat on the ground in the pale light of a streetlamp with his back against a wall. With his disheveled appearance and strangely mismatched and clashing clothing, he turned no heads among the denizens of the underworld.

Andrix paced around a small office, waiting for some form of assignment or message. She had been waiting for hours and was starting to get on edge about not having any contact with people. Finally having enough with just waiting around she exited the building and began walking down the sidewalk. Her hair was disheveled from running her hands through it in the past few hours.
After a few minutes of walking she came to a halt and sat on a bench to watch the traffic. Trying to not be too suspicious as she watched the people in her surroundings.

As Andrix walked out of the office, Leo watched from the other side of the street, reading her body language with a quick glance. He stood from his spot on the ground and walked a few paces behind her across the road, casually blending in with the sparse crowd. He hesitated briefly before crossing as it occurred to him his action would likely be seen as exceedingly creepy, but shrugged to himself, disregarding the thought. He sat down next to her, casually crossing his legs and leaning an arm over the back of the bench.
"Hey," He pulled a box of cigarettes from the breast pocket of his tropical shirt, "Do you smoke?" Leo offered with a smile.
(Sorry for late -_-")

Andrix glanced over to Leo and shook her head "My mother died from lung cancer caused by smoking. I rather not get into it. Thank you for the offer though." She kept her eyes on him as she talked. Trying to keep calm about how casual he was acting. "What got you into it though? Just wanted to try? Family did it? Felt like the 'cool kids' were in on it?" she laughed quietly to herself at the last of her words.
(It's completely okay. Work has me on basically full time right now so I've been quite busy and exhausted)

"I don't smoke either." He said, glancing at her with a grin and putting a cigarette in his mouth. "The name's Leo, by the way, nice to meet you." He settled in the bench, letting his head fall back and lighting his cigarette with a match. Before speaking again, Leo took on a more serious expression. "About that building you left a moment ago... That was a psychic organization, wasn't it?" He narrowed his eyes slightly, "Are you a washer?" He punctuated his speech by taking a long drag of the cigarette, then coughed intensely for a moment before discarding it with a scowl.

She glanced over to him. "Why would it matter what I am? I mean.... Why are you asking anyways? Out in the open..." Andrix was glancing around nervously. Afraid someone was onto her or was listening in on the pair talk. "Listen, Leo was it? I wouldn't go flinging out your name or the fact that washers and deprogrammers are a thing." Her heart was racing furiously in her chest as she thought about leaving him alone then and there. If she left there was a chance that he was just asking a simple question but if she stayed there was a chance of terrible things happening to her. "You can call me Andy right now. I'm not going to give you my full name just yet until I know your intentions."

Leo narrowed his eyes, leaning forward slightly, "So you know something." He said and scrutinized her expression, then leaned back in the bench with a sigh. "I can't really tell you anything, considering you're a psychic worker." He smiled dryly at her, "Guess that means we're at a stalemate, huh?" He crossed his arms behind his head, "You shouldn't worry about information getting out in places like this, you'd be surprised how quickly word spreads. Anyway, it doesn't really seem like you know about what I'm looking for." Leo glanced at Andrix and chuckled, "You don't have to look so anxious, Andy, I don't bite, y'know?

Andrix laughs and shakes her head "Nowadays you never know who is gonna bite and who is gonna be a kind soul." She held her hands together as she looked over to him, finally calming down "What exactly are you looking for then Leo? A good story? Some person? A person like you can be searching for almost anything." Her eyes rolled as she said this, leaning back and letting out a deep sigh.

Leo paused for a moment, thinking for a moment before replying. "A person, I suppose. Someone who works for a psychic corporation." He sighed and leaned back further in the bench, letting the back of his head rest on the edge of the bench. "Don't really know who I'm looking for though, it's just kind of a wild goose chase." He looked back at Andrix with a faint smile, "Anyway, enough about me, what about you?" Asked Leo, "You work in psychics right? Having a rough time of it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back