• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Cyberpunk: Metroplex In Character

doodleSM

the SMith of doodles
THE WORLD... 2077...

HOW YOU WILL CHANGE? WILL YOU ADAPT? WILL YOU DIE?
The world has changed, as three metroplexs fight to keep their freedom from corporate hands. The mighty Dragons watch over the world and laugh at the world's mundane problems.

Welcome to the World, jack into the ArcNet and enjoy the drekshow.

BLK BLK Master Hand Master Hand @Jaalte Hods Hods The IC is now open. Enjoy drekkers.

The Moon City Syndicate
Recent activity: Bombing and raiding of Mein Haus and Schleiften assets in Moon city, processing of the newest Ether shipment
Moon City Broadcasting Offices, The Gilded District, Moon City
"When three members of The Moon City Syndicate gather together, most know to leave the room. When 46 assemble in a building, most know to leave the block. Those unlucky few who stay will likely be listed among a sizable number of missing peoples after a bombing or domestic terror attack. In this case, 73 names were on the news, including 23 employees of various Von Sholfen subsidiaries. A series of six carefully executed bombings rocked the streets of Moon City, far outside of area members of The Syndicate can walk freely. The mastermind is suspected to be an elf named Gerald Alva, although this has not been confirmed.
"These attacks are the work of The Moon City Syndicate, as most bombings and attacks are in the city. A loosely organized conglomerate of anarchists, gangs, terrorists, and others who seek to undermine the stability of the city, The Syndicate, as they are commonly called, have claimed responsibility for several bombings in the past, however law enforcement have noticed a recent uptick in organized activity from the group. A signature calling card of the group is to leave a slaughtered animal in the streets in front of the attacks. Various bloodied livestock can be seen in front of the recent locations, leading the general public to believe that this is indeed the work of the syndicate.
Anyways, this has been Aaron Holdstead of Channel Sixty-Three News. Now, onto sports with Chet Carleton."

Shaanqing Square, The Market District, Moon City
46 members of The Moon City Syndicate have left the premises of a Mein Haus storage building in various civilian vehicles. They could be seen carrying boxes presumably filled with the machines that keep what people leave with Mein Haus safe. Instead of leaving an animal outside of the facility, the hooded figures carried out the bodies into the street, and stuck a sheet of paper to the door. On it was a long manifesto from The Syndicate, claiming responsibility for all other bombings and raids that occurred, and also stating that they have declared a war on all corporations who seek to oppress the free people of Moon City. As is seen in the rhetoric of Syndicate notes, they described a world free of capitalism and all authority, saying that ultimate freedom can only be achieved through a violent revolution. They ended it by inviting all people who wanted a better world to join them in the attacks on Von Sholfen facilities, claiming that they are nothing more than fascist dogs who seek to keep their citizens under chains. This call to action is certain to evoke a response from Moon City authorities, as well as Von Sholfen, alongside those who share their ideals.
West Loop, The Fairway District, Moon City
12 hooded figures bearing the signature orange circle of The Moon City Syndicate could be seen unloading various sizable crates into several shipping vehicles. Presumably Ether, the primary revenue source of The Syndicate, the trucks would later return to a small warehouse on the edge of the West Loop for inventory, and later distribution. The Syndicate primarily sells in the poorer regions of the city, due to the desperation of those living in those areas. Seen as a force that destroys the communities that they enter by community leaders, there have been attempts to remove The Syndicate from these areas, met exclusively with violence. Recently however, there has been a recent uptick in Ether overdoses in The Gilded District, where the rich and affluent live their lives. It is possible that this is also the work of The Syndicate. It is common for groups like them to expand through violence, as seen in the bombings of Von Sholfen facilities.
Summary
  • The Moon City Syndicate has bombed several Von Sholfen facilities in Moon City
  • They left behind a call to war against the corporation
  • A new shipment of Ether has arrived
  • The Gilded District has noted an increase in Ether overdoses

Von Slofen Technologies
The head of the Schlofen family had been rather well that day. A slow day, but a good one nonetheless. She walked about her office, looking at the screen on her wall. It showed what was outside, but didn't carry the risk of someone shooting through it. The perfect window, in her opinion. She took a sip of her Earl Grey and looked 'out' the 'window'...

BAM!
The door to the office was swung open hard enough to hit the wall. "Ma'am!" The boy said, looking to be the advisor type instead of actually being the head of anything.

Pssffffft!
Her mouthful of tea soon ended up on the young advisor. "Ich told you naught to interrupt mich!" She slammed her fist on the table, "Ich am the doing of very important businesses! Now speak!"

"Ahhh, ummm, well, you see..." While he was talking Hilda had taken another sip of tea, "The Syndicate-"

Psssfffffft!
He couldn't wipe himself off at that point, so he settled for wiping off his face, continuing almost unfazed, "...attacked us in Moon City."
Hilda immediately flipped open her communicator, "High General? Iz this true?!" She demanded, while the young advisor awkwardly slowly left the room.

"Vell, it is. But vorry naught, Ich have vun plan. Ich am ready for this situation." A confident general, whose bloodthirsty smile could be heard through the communicator responded.

"Oh, no. Naught just zis situation. Ich vant zem gone. Zey have cauzed enough trouble, and now zis? Zey uze propagandas. Zey uze de bombs. Zey maintain or grow zere numbers. Whezer it takes one battel, two battels, five, twenty, a hundred. Ich vant zem gone."

"Are you... are you proposing a war?" The general said, both questioning and pleased at the thought.

"Yes. A war."

"A War on Terror."

Public Speech One Hour Later, Central Grand Bervin, Broadcasted Via ArchNet To Numerous Devices And Locations Including Moon City
"Today... vas a day of tragedy. It iz a great pain zat ve all have to endure, zat ve shouldn't have to endure. As much as Ich dislike looking on ze negatives, zis iz ze realety. Negative. Mich compassions go out to you, those who lost un friend or family, who lost a loved one. Ich vill give compensation to those people, zough Ich know it iz naught enough. But Ich vill making up for it, as much as Ich can. Ich vill stop zis rampage, zis wanton destructions. Mich and mien fellow offizers und peacekeeprs. Ve will reverze ze damages done to us, und much more. Ve vill weaken zem vith strategy und power zey do naught have, zen finish zem vith as least bloodshed as ve possibly can. Ve hate to solve violence vith violence, but ve are villing do do vat we must."

"Hear us, barbarious syndicate. You vill either stop harming Von Slofen Technologies employees und property immediately, und pledge to naught do so again, or zis plans vill go into action. Und vonce zat happens, you and your villanous ways vill soon end."

Speech End
- One hundred Von Shlofen soldiers move into Von Shlofen territory, securing all of it in Moon City. A dozen Mansteins transport and support the soldiers.The numbers are kept low to better co-operation and to keep public dissatisfaction low. Any Syndicate members found are to ideally be taken prisoner, but will be killed if too hostile.

- If not encountering syndicate members, the soldiers will begin repairs alongside contruction crews and stand guard.

- Von Slofen and P.A.D.S set up/have set up basic trade, including exchange of small amounts of weapons and armor.
- Von Slofen hires/ has hired P.A.D.S as private security for their distant property, especially in Moon City.

(I think that's it. Lemme know if I need to change anything.)

Public Broadcast From P.A.D.S Headquarters, Fogrost, to Moon City
"It has come to my attention that a criminal organization know as the Moon City Syndicate has preformed multiple bombings within Moon City. This is an unforgivable act, but what pains us the most that the bombings had taken place in a region we had been contracted and entrusted to protect. Such failure on our part is unacceptable. Due to this, I commit to improving the quality of my officers and make them more hardy and disciplined then ever! However, another important discussion that must be had other than my own officers is the Syndicate itself. They wish to cause harm and only harm to the people of the Metroplex, despite what they may say. Due to this, I advise those who have contracted officers from me and those who have not yet done so to consider hiring more security to ensure the safety of your property and livelihood. I have no doubts that the Syndicate has no plans on stopping anytime soon."

Advertisements Put Up Around Moon City
"Residence of Moon City, if you have any information on the Moon City Syndicate, please report to a P.A.D.S officer immediately for the betterment of the city. Those who provide information that can lead to the discovery to a Syndicate member will be compensated for assisting with a monetary reward."

Private Message Sent By Count Fogbourg To CEO Of Von Shlofen Technologies, Hilda von Shlofen
"Greetings Hilda, I have things I wish to discuss with you. With the recent attacks on your property around Moon City, I propose a new contract is in order to ensure the future of your industries can be safer. To do so, I say it is a good idea to increase the amount of security that I am currently lending to you in Moon City so that such an event is less likely in the future. In return I simply ask for an increase in payment for the increased security. Thank you for your continued cooperation. Together we may hope to end the Moon City Syndicate."

P.A.D.S Headquarters, Fogrost
Fogbourg, ending the message and sending it to Von Shlofen Technologies, sits in his office chair and looks out of his office window, atop his company tower. He ponders for a moment, then gets up and approaches the intercom on his wall, turning it on and speaks;
"Jabir, I demand immediate increase in officer training intensity and expect an increase in effectiveness and discipline. Do not disappoint me."
Without waiting for a response, he turns off the intercom. Walking back, he lets out a sigh.
"This is going to be one hell of a ride."
Master Hand Master Hand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back