• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Cyberpunk city concept

Vulpes

sentient fox
Dantir

Dantir, city of the future, Earth's ecumenopolis. The smallest buildings are as tall as current day's tallest ones, made of glass and jet black metals, featuring a new contemporary design style, similar to modernism, but just with more lights, because everyone here loves lights, especially when contrasting with patches of darkness like on the dark buildings. The size of buildings is always similar to their neighbours, making the rooftops roll like the natural hills of old, with some areas of taller buildings that slowly descend to lower ones. The buildings are all tightly packed, with an array of terraces and walkways between them, creating a network of paths on each floor, all the way down the the ground, with it's cute little shops and cheap clubs. Height in the city represents wealth, the higher the floor you're on, the wealthier you probably are, and if you're a hobo walking about the rooftops, you'll be judged, met with mean looks, and probably thrown down a few floors, literally. Dantir is a typical, class heavy, capitalist city. The rich control the city for the most part, making it essentially a meritocracy, but there is relatively good balance, with businesses being restricted by fair laws, allowing for most basic products to be accessable to all, and with better, more premium versions also being available to those with more money. The people running he city are fair because they just want to keep the poorer people out of their way and live the high life, alongside avoiding riots and all. Of course, there are poor people, but it's generally due to their own doing, drug abuse, even then, nobody is ever starving. Drugs aren't really regulated, unemployment in basic sectors isn't a problem as it's done by robots, so the rich don't worry about food shortages or anything, and plus, drugs keep people happy. Cars no longer exist, it's either walking or flying, and you'll only ever see ships higher up in the city. The city is generally quite well kempt, the ground floor is still a bit messy, but not too bad, and crime is quite low(the police may be super strict depending on what floor you're on), with only the lower floors having fairly little law enforcement, the police are very solid from the middle to top floors. Travel between floors is done at elevator hubs, large buildings with an array of large elevators for 50 odd people to go up or down at a time, there'll almost always be one ready to step on when you get to them and they are free. The lowest floors don't have police around them, but anything from around the top of the lower class upwards will have police and scanners around. If you are a little bit higher than the police think you should be, they'll question you and either let you carry on or ask you to go down, if you're way out of your league they'll throw you off a walkway as mentioned earlier. The police force consists of mostly highly intelligent, almost human (in tone and language, not in looks, they still need to looks scary unless near the top floors, where they look like people) robots, with a few humans present lower down.

Dantir lacks heavily in culture. Being planet wide, the city spend hundreds of years slowly, and peacefully expanding, integrating every nation into itself slowly, there is no general religion or any sort of patriotism. There are small groups that still believe in things, but not many. Earth is now just a small, lonely planet floating through space, the purpose of life is to simply make money, have fun, and die ( at an average age of 200). Lack of purpose has made the suicide rate quite high (not dangerously), and is why drugs are so widely available, anyone living on this planet with few friends will probably kill themselves.

As for technology, cybernetics and bionics are widely available, so much that even people with tiny, low down apartments can get some robust bionic legs. The difference between worse and better bionics is how human they look, at the top floors, you might not know that the person you're speaking to is 90% robot, you might not even realise that they are a robot. At ground level, there are fewer robots for this reason, they tend to to cleaning and manage the indoor farms or simple shops, but most jobs requiring decent interaction will use a human on the lower floors, whilst any job that isn't owning a business is done by a robot near the top. You'll probably never see anyone with a gun, they are very illegal, only the police and 1 in 10 million people might have one secretly. Lasers however, are a different matter as they are so accessible, a simple way to almost instantly microwave someone's brain to mush, or just burn their skin if you need to. The deadliness of the weapons is why they are so strictly regulated. Weapons are only really found on the bottom few floors, but any floor with police near the elevators will immediately scan it, kill you and take it, so please, keep gun play limited to really low down in the city. Space travel is limited to within our solar system, with only asteroid miners harvesting great amounts of metals for us, no colonies exist, the government saw no point, it would be too costly for something worthless. The city is powered by large underground fusion reactors. Pretty much everyone has a standardised holographic watch, or a similar device build into them, maybe a brain chip that projects a HUD onto their vision, allowing for almost anything to be done with that, they can project computer screens and keyboards if needed, or use simple voice commands to do shopping or banking and other tasks like that. Genetic engineering has been done on almost everyone, not to make everyone have super sight and strength or anything, but just to make everyone very healthy and fit, and generally very attractive too. Some even regrow new bodies to have their brains implanted to, in order to extend longevity or to make alterations to their current genome, maybe having pointy ears are a better jawline. You characters may be quite strange in looks due to designer genetics if you please, but it is not common. there are laws regulating having children to a mild degree, to control population. Synthetic humans are present in the world, not in great quantities, but you may meet a few, they are generally fully accepted and treated as normal humans, they can be found on any level. Hoverbikes and small ships are the equivalent of cars, being found zooming around the walkways, leaving dissipating trails of colourful plasma, some people buy unique fuels just to change the colour of their plasma trails. With transport being so efficient, you can get to the other side of the globe within 3 hours on a simple ship. Ships typically have psycho-accelerators, devices that speed up cognition and allow the user to pilot the ship at high speed through the tight city, perception of reality will appear slower whilst this is active. These devices can also be used elsewhere, but are quite large and heavy, about the size of a gaming PC. Small ships are equivalent to the current prices of cars, with cheap ones being like cheap cars in value.

Snazzy picturesViiEzNk.jpg
images (1).jpg images.jpg

Bursting with excitement?! Great, this is where i tell you what you're actually doing, and I can't, because i don't really know what to do with this roleplay. I was thinking maybe, just an open, quest to earn money from the bottom of the city, but i think that would be better as a side part to a plot of some sort, so any ideas would be appreciated. Or, if you just want a cool, open ended roleplay, where our characters just try to make their way up, I'm cool with that, just, i don't want 5 million bounty hunter characters. As for races, you can either be a human, or a synthetic human (cyborgs aren't a race they're just humans with implants n' stuff). I'd like the roleplay to be quite realistic, with characters actually failing at times, you can make characters kinda silly in how they fail or serious, as long as everything isn't perfect for them.

Last edited:
I'm totally in!....you know this setting maybe could work for a mafia rp. Or add some mafia elements

i'll give this one desperate bump, i'd still be willing to expand on this idea if anyone else is.

Enzyme Enzyme great to hear! what would you say about story? would you rather have a plot or freeform? (if plot is more popular i'll listen to ideas and brainstorm for a while)

LordsOfKobol LordsOfKobol sweet! maybe something will come of this! what do you think about plot/freeform?
I think perhaps an underground mafia v mafia would be kind of cool. Or you could take it in the direction of syndicates, like large corporations doing dirty work to stay on top.

Enzyme Enzyme sounds like it would be good, mafia's in this universe would have an extremely difficult time operating anywhere other than the bottom most floors. That said, if people could use A.I to run businesses and simulate people, then there should be no reason for A.I not to be able to make criminal plans and hack into networks ect, but it still won't be easy.

If I can find more time today I'll try polish the description of the city and get some more detail up in a thread, if anyone has more plot ideas please spill them, if not I'll see what I can do with the mafia one.

Should I write a basic story and organise Mafias for you to put your characters in or do you want to decide in OOC and form them as we rp?

Holy shit it's blowing up! I'll try my best to get a thread up tonight, thanks for showing interest guys! I'll leave out a plot for now, we can either create one as we rp or we plan and implement one if we want one.

Side note: if you feel like my description of the city is missing anything then please do tell, I'd love to make it really clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back