• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic CYBERPUNK: Archangel - OOC

With my character primarily pouring stat points into intelligence and not really dealing with cool, she may end up hacking from the car more often than not. Hope she and our driver(s) can come to some kind of agreement concerning tunes.
We just need a Rockerboy for that

I was going to take a a suped up Thorton Mackinaw as my special for my Nomad-Solo, but if the crew is large enough, two cars might be a good idea.
So long as the back isn’t loaded with cargo and the driver is cool with it, my Fanatic would be down to ride along. He’d volunteer to ride cab too, but sitting next to someone strapped with more grenades than a MaxTac team might bite if one of them accidentally triggers.

So long as the back isn’t loaded with cargo and the driver is cool with it, my Fanatic would be down to ride along. He’d volunteer to ride cab too, but sitting next to someone strapped with more grenades than a MaxTac team might bite if one of them accidentally triggers.
It's built like the prom-night bastard child of a humvee and a Dodge Ram, so definitely an option.

Sounds like, at max capacity, vehicles are practically gonna be WMDs on wheels with the amount of firepower they're packin' inside.

Do you think a suped up Nekomata that fires depleted uranium rounds is a little too much?

Hmm. Originally I was intending to be something of a pugilist netrunner with Engineering skills. But I feel I’m getting too broad with those skills.
Should I abandoned the engineering to be a better pugilist, or step away from the no guns angle and embrace the Netrunner Techie with some tech weapons? While details definitely change, the main thrust of the character remains the same.

Any opinions?

Hmm. Originally I was intending to be something of a pugilist netrunner with Engineering skills. But I feel I’m getting too broad with those skills.
Should I abandoned the engineering to be a better pugilist, or step away from the no guns angle and embrace the Netrunner Techie with some tech weapons? While details definitely change, the main thrust of the character remains the same.

Any opinions?
I think both options would be good, you should figure out which direction would make you most comfortable with your character.

I agree that going too broad can make things feel a little messy, less defined. Focusing more on a specific niche will make you happier with the end result.

I was considering adding a single knife for silent takedowns. A sword is a little cumbersome for up close and personal stealth stuff.
I was considering full knives. Lots of knives. Throwing, stabbing, speccin' into cool. I was initially looking into a melee katana user, but I figured we'd have a few of those, so I thought I'd look into something a bit different.

Might do something with Rippers or Monowire. Haven't settled, yet.

I was considering full knives. Lots of knives. Throwing, stabbing, speccin' into cool. I was initially looking into a melee katana user, but I figured we'd have a few of those, so I thought I'd look into something a bit different.

Might do something with Rippers or Monowire. Haven't settled, yet.
A stabby build would be cool, so would monowires. Or maybe if you can find a way to use your knives with your monowires so you can throw 'em out and pull them back to your hands. That'd be pretty sweet.

I'm waiting to see how many will take optical camo. The Saka ninja thing is already seeming a little crowded and DonutCRY's idea is very similiar to mine. So I might go a different route and maybe create a character that's really into guns. Maybe a duel SMG type setup I'm not too sure yet.

A stabby build would be cool, so would monowires. Or maybe if you can find a way to use your knives with your monowires so you can throw 'em out and pull them back to your hands. That'd be pretty sweet.

I'm waiting to see how many will take optical camo. The Saka ninja thing is already seeming a little crowded and DonutCRY's idea is very similiar to mine. So I might go a different route and maybe create a character that's really into guns. Maybe a duel SMG type setup I'm not too sure yet.

This LITERALLY flashed in my head when I was going over my ideas. Honestly, the combo would be really cool. Might end up stealing this...

I was thinking optical camo might end up being good for Knifey McKniferson as well, but we'll see.

I just realized... nobody´s got a taser. Or that cool bolas pistol from Lycoris Recoil.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

I´ve almost got my whole "shopping list" done, might as well see if I´ll be allowed to have one of those. Not gonna lie, I´m already kind of loaded to the gills on account of my character not being part of the 99%, but unless everyone has decided to not take prisoners, or to subdue people by clubbing them with the butt of a gun...

I just realized... nobody´s got a taser. Or that cool bolas pistol from Lycoris Recoil.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

I´ve almost got my whole "shopping list" done, might as well see if I´ll be allowed to have one of those. Not gonna lie, I´m already kind of loaded to the gills on account of my character not being part of the 99%, but unless everyone has decided to not take prisoners, or to subdue people by clubbing them with the butt of a gun...
Few things say 'goodnight' like a chromed out haymaker with a few hundred pounds of angy behind it.

That's Diego's story and he's sticking with it.

This delves into the tabletop a bit with its expanded cyberware, but a different kind of 'Saka ninja would be the chamelion. You can get 'fashionware' that can link to a biomonitor, thus changing your appearance on the go. Tech hair, chem-skin, shift-tacts: all decent enough to fool just about everything short of facial recognition software.

Fashionware is also non-invasive, considered as cosmetic as getting a tattoo or a piercing, so it won't fray your humanity like high end cyberware.

This delves into the tabletop a bit with its expanded cyberware, but a different kind of 'Saka ninja would be the chamelion. You can get 'fashionware' that can link to a biomonitor, thus changing your appearance on the go. Tech hair, chem-skin, shift-tacts: all decent enough to fool just about everything short of facial recognition software.

Fashionware is also non-invasive, considered as cosmetic as getting a tattoo or a piercing, so it won't fray your humanity like high end cyberware.
I dunno. I think we're looking at three Ex-Saka assassins unless I change it up which is looking likely since I prefer to avoid overlap and overshadowing. A Chameleon type fashionware alteration to the optical camo cyberware is a REALLY interesting idea though, I'll genuinely consider that.

Still gonna stand behind Diego though...

Fastball Special the Pocket Ninja?

And while I certainly get the appeal of playing a 'Saka spook (I play one on my Saturday streams), there are three factions within Arasaka that could definitely change the manner and culture behind each of them. Additionally, there is a NeoCorp that was founded by the youngest Arasaka child called 'DangerGal', which is a highly regarded PI/spy/mercenary firm.

Fastball Special the Pocket Ninja?

And while I certainly get the appeal of playing a 'Saka spook (I play one on my Saturday streams), there are three factions within Arasaka that could definitely change the manner and culture behind each of them. Additionally, there is a NeoCorp that was founded by the youngest Arasaka child called 'DangerGal', which is a highly regarded PI/spy/mercenary firm.
Oh wow, I'm just reading up on it now from the Wiki and now the options are considerably broader. With the screamsheet ad being "Little Detective. Big Gun. The bad guys never see us coming." that ticks a number of boxes for me.

DangerGal is unironically one of my favorite things to put in play as a Cyberpunk GM, because nobody expects a girl with tech-hair cat ears to draw iron and turn somebody into street lasagna.
They're also one of the rare 'decent/not shitty' folks in Night City.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back