• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic CYBERPUNK: Archangel - Interest Check [CLOSED]

Are you in?

• Hell yeah! Let's go burn a city.

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • Looks preem, but can't chip in.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Nah, not my style.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just finished edgerunners, starting a new cyberpunk playthrough, whens a better time for this then now?

Thanks for all the clarity so far! And like Jealousy said wayyyy more interested to see how these all works together!

- Along with Dannigan's question, how much is expected to be rolling? Is light or 50/50 with roleplay?

- For character introduction, how so do you mean for the rp sample? And should we wait till the character sheet is avaiable before we submit?

Thanks, and apologies if some are quite clear answers as I am new to the website.
Mamori23 Mamori23 Heya Mamori23! Welcome to RP Nation! It's good to have you here with us! =)

This sounds interesting! I haven't seen the show, and I made it pretty far into the game but have yet to finish it. But I am pretty well acquainted with the world and major events. What I really loved to see was that we will be assigned a secret backstory; it'll be a lot of fun having to be creative to write around that!

For the sample CS, do you have any specific outlines you want us to follow? I imagine for the sake of making a sample it won't be entirely detailed, but enough to have a strong sense of the character before reading the sample introductory post.

I'm glad to see interest is still holding! And yes, since there seems to be a lot of people here that are new, welcome to RPN everyone!

I see that we have stats, even hidden stats, but I'm still uncertain as to what gaming system we'll be playing and what book(s) we should be using as resources?

This is clearly a Group Roleplay but is this also a Dice Roleplay? (Forgive me if this is clear to everyone else but me; it's been sometime that I've joined an RP with complete strangers.)

Oh, now I understand. Sorry about that. This RP won't be dictated by the system in the books. I've not read them, and so I'm not entirely familiar with how tabletop Cyberpunk officially operates. If I get the chance, I'll check them out to see if I want to incorporate anything, but I apologize if I put you under the impression that this is based on tabletop.

To expand on that, this is definitely not a dice RP. It will mostly be about writing your absolute best in each post so that it's compelling to read for everyone and onlookers. The stats are pretty much purely to help me determine what characters are capable of.

Hopefully those were the answers you were looking for, let me know.

- Along with Dannigan's question, how much is expected to be rolling? Is light or 50/50 with roleplay?

- For character introduction, how so do you mean for the rp sample? And should we wait till the character sheet is avaiable before we submit?

Thanks, and apologies if some are quite clear answers as I am new to the website.

No worries! I'm here to answer any questions.

To start with, same thing as my response to Dannigan.

As for the character sheet, you just have to wait for right now. The entire application and character sheet process will come up on a separate thread. This is mainly just to gauge interest (and how fast I have to actually make that thread lol).

f42.png

Memes aside (Look I have a rep to uphold), this looks very interesting. Cyberpunk and edgerunners was such an emotional rollercoaster that I can't resist another fun time in night city.

To expand on that, this is definitely not a dice RP. It will mostly be about writing your absolute best in each post so that it's compelling to read for everyone and onlookers. The stats are pretty much purely to help me determine what characters are capable of.

Hopefully those were the answers you were looking for, let me know.
Purity Purity Rats! Ha ha!

Good Purity, after some serious soul-searching, I'm afraid I think this is a deal-breaker for me. Sorry! =)

I don't want to just vanish without presenting my feelings. I strongly feel that feedback is the stuff of real life experience points and I want your game to succeed! =)

1. I am a polyhedron-loving child of dice wars from ages past (I big time ran a wild and crazy R. Talsorian's Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop back when hardly anyone even knew the names Rogue, Spider Murphy, and Johnny Silverhand. Good times and great memories for all!). While I am open to "novella-style RP" (I'm creative and wordy by nature), I genuinely like knowing in great detail what our characters can and cannot do. That you'll be using Stats is a great step for a player like me, but that alone won't do it for a guy like me.

2. I have seriously tried "free-form" RP and just plain didn't like it. I tried to. I greatly missed the feeling of chance, of randomized fate (those "will we make it?!" moments that dice games often have). The notion of the team's successes and failures being... consensual (for lack of better word? I'm open to help here!)... just doesn't feel "natural" to me. Perhaps I've been a dice-gamer for too long but that's where I know the fun lies for me! =)

3. (This is the part where I probably sound like an elitist, but I swear I don't mean to; these are just my own honest feelings on the matter.) I am way past the desire to have my writing acknowledged by strangers. My fellow players and GM? Sure! But to write to "compel onlookers?" Forgive me; I am too set in my ways. I write to express myself and be happy and I game to share those feelings (I'm only happy when the whole gaming group is happy). Dear stranger, appease thine own longings, for I am just trying to get through the day and smile and help others where I can (like now, I hope?). =) I can instead appreciate how others play and write while remaining me - the only person I know how to be. =)

I really wish everyone here the best! It sounds like this is a total blast for those RP-novella-style-loving, "free-form-ish" RPers out there who love the fantastic, dangerous world of Night City! Give 'em hell, chooms, and never fade away! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Looks interesting! May I ask what sort of group you are hoping for? Age range, class (as in, social class), roles...?

I already got a character in mind, but she might need adjustments depending on what you are looking for/allowing.

Good Purity, after some serious soul-searching, I'm afraid I think this is a deal-breaker for me. Sorry! =)

No worries! I mean, we're not even past the interest check yet. It's up to you to decide what interests you. I will say I'll be a bit sad to see you go, because you seemed like a great guy. Maybe sometime in the future, after I've tried the tabletop, I'll see you again. ;)

Looks interesting! May I ask what sort of group you are hoping for? Age range, class (as in, social class), roles...?

Mostly streetkids, though there will be a couple positions open as corpos. As for age range, there's currently no age restrictions in mind. Again, I'll reveal more about roles in the character creation thread later.

No worries! I mean, we're not even past the interest check yet. It's up to you to decide what interests you. I will say I'll be a bit sad to see you go, because you seemed like a great guy. Maybe sometime in the future, after I've tried the tabletop, I'll see you again. ;)
I'd like that. If you find tabletop to your liking and I am not up to my limit in games, I will definitely consider yours, Purity! Have a great time here! =)

I have a few questions:
What kind of cybernetics are we talking and how far have things advanced since the age of V?

Will there be any appearances from familiar faces of Night City?

Has there been any advancements against the threat of Cyberpsychosis?

And, did the events of 2077 severely effect the world of Night City?

Also, headcanon, my character deep dives into the Old Net sometimes to find music from our era.

I'd like that. If you find tabletop to your liking and I am not up to my limit in games, I will definitely consider yours, Purity! Have a great time here! =)
Shame you couldn't stay Dannigan, but totally get and thanks again for greeting! Looking forward to ever catching you in game <3

Shame you couldn't stay Dannigan, but totally get and thanks again for greeting! Looking forward to ever catching you in game <3
I could not agree more! I appreciate your understanding! =)

("To thine own self be true." - Polonius in Hamlet, Act I, Scene III, by William Shakespeare) =)

I get what Dannigan is talking about, at least in part. I love free-form because I hate having to memorize a rulebook only to end up arguing rules or the game not even taking off after I made a character. But it is not any better when success is guaranteed, failure is avoided, and Mary Suing runs rampant because the GM to refuses to step in and be Word of God about failures and successes when the rubber starts burning. A number of roleplays I´ve been in or tried to join have gone that way, and I can´t say I find the idea very appealing.

So speaking of which... I know there will be stats, but will you decide their impact when there is conflict, Purity Purity ?

I'm quite pleased honestly. I've never been a fan of dice and I tend to think it limits creativity to an extent, but maybe I just haven't had a good enough experience with dice yet. Will there be a general art style theme you want with character appearances? such as anime (Edgerunners) or will it be whatever we want to put onto our sheets?

I've had it before where mixed character references have lead to a break in immersion for some who couldn't quite connect the styles together, like some using anime while others were putting forward actual people references. It's probably not all that important really, but just in case you did have a visual theme in mind I'd like to get ahead when sourcing material for visual references.

I have a few questions:
What kind of cybernetics are we talking and how far have things advanced since the age of V?

Will there be any appearances from familiar faces of Night City?

Has there been any advancements against the threat of Cyberpsychosis?

And, did the events of 2077 severely effect the world of Night City?

1. Considering it's only been three years since V, things wouldn't really have advanced at all. That being said, the cybernetics that are going to be available are basic body mods. I'm still deciding on the exact details, so this isn't final until the actual character thread comes out, but players will likely be able to choose ONE special augment that's not too crazy, along with ONE specially modded weapon. Everything else should be based on items from the actual game.

2. Good question! There will definitely be some familiar faces around, but they'll be background characters that won't see much interaction.

3. Same as above, not really. There are a couple experimental treatments out on the streets like there was in 2077, but at this point the megacorps don't really give a damn about the common person.

4. Please refer to the updated body of the interest check for those details.

I get what Dannigan is talking about, at least in part. I love free-form because I hate having to memorize a rulebook only to end up arguing rules or the game not even taking off after I made a character. But it is not any better when success is guaranteed, failure is avoided, and Mary Suing runs rampant because the GM to refuses to step in and be Word of God about failures and successes when the rubber starts burning. A number of roleplays I´ve been in or tried to join have gone that way, and I can´t say I find the idea very appealing.

So speaking of which... I know there will be stats, but will you decide their impact when there is conflict, Purity Purity ?

Conflict as in conflict in the story, or like conflict as in a player going Mary Sue? In either case, yes, I will determine their impact.

Anyway, hopefully I can put your worries to rest by saying that I'm going to be very strict with how the characters are made. I don't like being the villain, I don't need people giving me a villain backstory, but I will be the villain if it comes down to it. I'd like to say I have enough experience RPing at this point that I know when people aren't reading things thoroughly or are more concerned about centering the world around their character than the world itself. I'll be more sunshine and sunflowers in the Discord, which is where people have already been accepted, but until then you're going to have to show me what you got.

I'm quite pleased honestly. I've never been a fan of dice and I tend to think it limits creativity to an extent, but maybe I just haven't had a good enough experience with dice yet. Will there be a general art style theme you want with character appearances? such as anime (Edgerunners) or will it be whatever we want to put onto our sheets?

I've had it before where mixed character references have lead to a break in immersion for some who couldn't quite connect the styles together, like some using anime while others were putting forward actual people references. It's probably not all that important really, but just in case you did have a visual theme in mind I'd like to get ahead when sourcing material for visual references.

I'm glad you raised this point, because it IS actually important and immersion breaking because not everyone is on the same page has happened for me many times. This is mostly about my preference, but the art style used in this RP will be anime. Or at least drawn. Personally, I find it really weird using actual people as faceclaims. But either way anime fits the aesthetic I have in mind more.

Again, apologies if this is a problem for anyone.

Last edited:
Well, I think you can definitely count on me sending you a character sheet/intro when you got that bit posted! Thank you for the clarifications.

God damn rpn, gimmie the updates on this shiz.

Yo back, can't wait for the discord so I can follow folks chatter, miss one damn notif and the system doesn't say a thing

I'm interested in this.
I really like the Corpo background in 2077, so would probably do something like that. Someone involved with corporate espionage that got sacked after a job went awry. Was originally thinking they worked for Arasaka, but might go for someone else to diversify backgrounds.
Skill set would be infiltration, manipulation, and investigation.

I'm also interested in a Netrunner character in case we need to bulk up those numbers, but don't have a firm outline off the top of my head. Could fix that up in no time.

I saw that you mentioned that in your background info that V went solo to Arasaka and subsequently took Mr. B's job regarding the crystal palace. I know that V has a drink in the afterlife but is it confirmed that V is dead?

Aha, I was also considering a character who was former Arasaka who is hard spec'd into infiltration. If there's too much overlap though I don't mind reviewing my idea and changing things up so there's not too many of us doing the same sort of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back